The Red Sky Cafe

The Red Sky Cafe

Duck , NC 27949 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeu...
Maximum capacity: 700
Bar services: Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...

Quality of Service:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

BEST CATERER OUT THERE!!! You won't just find a caterer in Red Sky you will find a friend. We found Red Sky at the OBX Wedding Expo and they were our favorite from day one. They are flexible with their menu so that you can get whatever you want for your wedding. They will also make the food better then you can ever imagine. Chef Wes is such a nice person. My wedding party and I saw him in the parking lot on our way in to the salon to get our hair done. He called the salon to make sure we had some champagne because he was going to pick some up for us!! SUCH GREAT SERVICE. Chef Wes also brought us a plate of food while we were getting our pictures taken after our ceremony because he knew we would be missing cocktail hour. Throughout the ceremony people were constantly checking on my husband and I to make sure we had enough food and drinks. From tasting to the last minute of your reception Red Sky's service was impeccable.

• Wedding: 09/26/2014
Julie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was amazing. My guests all told me it was the best wedding food they had ever tasted. Chef Wes was able to come up with a creative menu that people raved about. Our appetizers were mini beef wellington with hollondaise (amazing), ahi tuna (amazing, mini crab cakes (amazing), and bacon wrapped scallops (amazing). Our entrees were also fabulous with a mini slider bar of pulled pork, cheeseburger or crabcake sliders, not to mention amazing wahoo, filet, and a caprese chicken. For sides we had grilled veggies, garlic mashed potatoes and pancetta greenbeans.

Chef Wes personally came to the wedding at Grand Ritz Palm and brought me appetizers himself while getting ready with my bridesmaids. My bridesmaids loved him and thought it was awesome!

Jenn is also amazing and easy to work with. She is professional and on task.

Red Sky came highly recommended when planning my destination wedding in OBX and I know why. I can't imagine better food or service could be provided elsewhere. I'm a foodie and my husband and I were so pleased with the menu and service.

Red Sky also did our rehearsal dinner and open bars for rehearsal and reception. The price was great and I highly recommend saving yourself the stress and just using Red Sky for your bar service, it certainly made our day exponentially easier.

Thanks Red Sky. I highly recommend!

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING! I am so glad we went with Red Sky Cafe for our wedding. We were so thrilled with our tasting a few months before the wedding we had them cater our rehearsal dinner too! TIP: If you book more than one event they give you a discount so this was an extra bonus to getting their good food twice =)

Jenn was so awesome to work with and was very responsive and helpful with recommendations. Chef Wes was the one who originally called us back and he was so nice and showed up at our wedding to cook even though I know he had multiple events going on that night.

The whole team---servers, bartenders, coordinators were top notch ….and the food…each one was better than the next..we had a hard time selecting what to serve. I highly recommend the tuna nachos for one of the hors d'oeuvres and the shrimp and grits is out of this world.
Thank you Jenn , Wes and team for an amazing job…we can't wait to visit again!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Red Sky Cafe for the food at our Rehearsal Dinner, our Wedding Reception, and our Brunch on the morning after the wedding. Each of the three meals was delicious and unique. We had the same serving team for all three occasions and they did their jobs skillfully and professionally. They made us feel like guests at our own parties and took the extra steps to insure that everything from the food to the service to the cleanup of the kitchen area and boxing up of the leftovers was nothing short of perfection. Jenn, the banquet manager, helped us plan meals that our guests raved about and even went off of the menu to allow us to add some special requests. I would highly recommend Red Sky Cafe to anyone looking for delicious food on the Outer Banks.

• Wedding: 06/25/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Great decision to hire Red Sky! Delicious and professional. So many people commented how wonderful the staff were. And the chef came to our Wedding to ensure everything was perfect. They made sure the bride and groom got appetizers too!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Red Sky did a fantastic job catering our wedding! Everyone raved about the food, presentation, and the friendly staff! Chef Wes was so awesome. He even came out to check on everything and take pictures with us. Everything was delicious, but so many of our out of town friends especially loved the shrimp and grits! It's something a little different, and we definitely recommend it!

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jen was awesome! Very professional tasting & interview process. Delicious food! They came down to Hatteras to cater our destination wedding. Jen made coordinating from a distance easy via phone and email. I would definitely hire Red Sky again for another event. They know what they're doing and they do it well. Also, we got MANY compliments from guests on the wedding food. This was one of our top goals - to serve guests non-traditional wedding fare, and have them love it. Red Sky delivered!

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
Erin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chef Wes and his crew at Red Sky did an amazing job at our wedding. We knew when we sat down for the tasting and met Chef Wes and Jenn the GM, that it was the right fit. The tasting was absolutely delicious and the presentation breathtaking. It was so hard just making a decision on our favorites. The wedding reception turned out perfect, the service, the food, the presentation was outstanding! All we heard that night and the rest of the week after the wedding was how amazing the food was. We had guests say it was the best food they have ever had at any wedding, and the shrimp and grits were a huge hit! Thank you everyone at Red Sky Cafe for making our wedding perfect with the best food, hospitality and all around service!!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We interviewed some 8-9 caterers and from the onset of speaking with Wes, we knew there would be no one else for our wedding. He was calm, no pushy, invited us to a tasting. We did very well in choosing Wes and his staff. There wasn't one guest (and we had 125) that had a bad word to say about the food, on the contrary, EVERYONE RAVED about it. When you are getting married there are so many decisions to make, Wes made it simple, his menu was easy for us to choose the items we wanted. He had special meals for the youngsters and being several people had severe nut allergies, he asured me that no nuts, in anyform, would be used, and they weren't, no ambulance calls!! Our venue was our backyard, so his staff used our kitchen. They left it emaculate, just the way they found it. His staff kept us informed via email and phone all the way through the process which made it so easy. NO STRESS!!!!!! Thanks Wes for making our day so special.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chef Wes and Jenn were great to work with. They easily accommodated our food prep requirements. After meeting with Black Pelican, Kelly's and Good Life Gourmet, we felt Red Sky provided the best menu at the best value. We couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out.

Our Menu:
Fish Tacos
Shrimp & Grits
Pad Thai
Grilled Asparagus
Passed Appetizers: Arancini Balls & Crab Cakes

All of their on-site staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We also hired a bartender through Red Sky, and they provided a very nice younger guy who interacted exceptionally well with guests. I highly recommend Red Sky!

• Wedding: 05/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Red Sky catered our wedding reception- we couldn't have been more pleased! The food was absolutely delicious, and the service was incredible. You will not be disappointed if you hire Red Sky to cater your event!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Red Sky was absolutely incredible to work with! They help craft a package to meet your exact needs, and they go out of their way to make it fit your budget (and don't add a bunch of little charges for every detail). Jenn, the catering coordinator, was a lifesaver and saved me many headaches in weeks before the wedding. She saved us money by recommending we use the house's coffee mugs rather than renting, and she let our external dessert be delivered to Red Sky and driven up by their team. Of course, on the day of, the food was absolutely incredible. Our guests are still raving about it, and we were told by multiple people that the scallop appetizers were the best thing they'd ever eaten. I highly recommend Red Sky and have been encouraging friends to get married on OBX so they have the chance to use them.

• Wedding: 05/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wes Stepp and his Red Sky team did an amazing job on the catering of our wedding. Wes and his associate, Jennifer, were always there for us to answer questions and help us. The food was incredible! The presentation was outstanding and staff working the event were so helpful and kind. We had MANY guests tell us it was the best food they had ever eaten at a wedding and we are still hearing about how much people enjoyed it.

Hayley and Ryan

4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have made a better choice having The Red Sky Cafe cater our wedding. Our food was delicious, and they were so sweet to leave us leftovers afterwards! Thank you Jenn and Wes for helping us make our day so memorable! Our guests are still raving about how perfectly the food was cooked!

• Wedding: 08/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you want your Wedding guests to continue to talk to you about the food that was at your wedding using such phrases as "That was the best food I have ever had at wedding." Then Red Sky Cafe is the place. We started with Heavy Apps went to a tailored dinner menu and then finished it off with a dessert bar of our choosing. Al prepared on site by Chef Wes. Start to Finish it was absolutely delicious and completely worth the money.

Additionally of all the vendors we looked at they were the most accomodating and really took time to talk to us about our choices and tailor thier menu to our vision. This was especially important to us as we had a destination wedding and it was great to have something we did not have to worry about at all.

This year we visited Duck for our anniversary and the staff at Red Sky Cafe including Chef Wes were superb and prepared a sample platter of the food from our wedding to help us celebrate. Truly a great dining experience.

• Wedding: 07/23/2013
John
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great food, great price, great experience! We planned a destination wedding in the Outer Banks from New York City. Chef Wes and Jenn prepared a 5 star tasting when we came down for our ONE tasting visit to OBX. They were the only caterer who had an entire presentation of food prepared for us upon arrival. That sold us on the spot! We still went to another 5 caterers just to be sure, and other caterers all just sat us down and asked us what food we wanted, and took notes. Isn't the point of a tasting to actually taste the food?! Red Sky Cafe's food is SO good and it will always be a necessary stop in the Outer Banks for us for every trip we make. It was sometimes difficult to get a response, and there was one time that they lost the updated menu we had set with them but I would not let that deter you. They made up for it by offering GREAT discounts and treated us like royalty whenever we came in. Chef Wes and Jenn were very focused on serving an amazing menu. Everything went off without a hitch. My wedding planner did say that the serving staff they had at my reception were pretty rude and unprofessional younger kids (hence my 3 stars on professionalism) but I still love this place and think it is the best option for catering in the Outer Banks. Their food is amazing and they just have a few service kinks to sort out. Once they do that, they will be unstoppable!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Catie
252-261-8646
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards