The Pros - Videography

3.9
Value
Flexibility
3.7

First off, I have to start out by saying how awesome Nicole at the Pros is; she talked with me over the phone and explained every package in detail, we even booked when there was a discount going on. We booked Matt to video our wedding and he called a few days before just to confirm everything. He was awesome the day of - capturing every moment, even the small things like when I was dancing with my 11 month old nephew. It was so important to me that I have that captured and I didn't even have to ask him to, I looked up and there he was with the camera.
I recommend the Pros; they are reasonable with the pricing and amount you get for it.

The Pros - Videography responded with the following comments:

Hi Laura. I love your review. We always talk about providing a positive experience throughout the whole process of planning a wedding. Your wedding advisor is an important driver of that success. Our videographers are always looking for that memorable moment to ultimately provide to you a video that truly allows you to relive the day. Thanks again. Hugh

Services Used: Videography

We worked with Charlie for our wedding. Let me say, he was just amazing. He got really involved with everything happening at our event and saved the day when we had a time issue. We have not received the video but I have no doubts that it will be great.

1.2

The footage was totally unusable. I really wanted to get some decent footage of my wedding day, but I didn't have a big budget, so I used their service. It was such a waste of $1500. It would have been better if I just hadn't wasted the money or if I had asked a friend to record.

The Pros - Videography responded with the following comments:

Hi Robyn. Thank you for your comments. I just looked up your contract and unfortunately didn't find any communication between us after the event. I would have been happy to address any concerns you may have had regarding either the raw footage or final edited piece. I am always available for your call. Thank you again. Hugh

Tony
06/10/2012

We were delighted with the DVD of our June 2012 wedding taken by Derrick Murphy, whom we had engaged as our videographer through The Pros.

Leah at The Pros made the contracting process very easy for us. We contacted The Pros a month before the date of the wedding, and she put us in touch with Derrick, the assigned videographer, a week before the event. We provided him with a list of major items we needed him to include, guests enjoying and a set of “Do’s and Don’ts” – all of which he followed faithfully. The resulting DVD arrived only 3 weeks after the wedding and has allowed us to enjoy parts of the occasion we were not able to see on the day, such as the arrival of guests while we were getting ready, or the cocktail hour while we were having formal photos taken! Picture quality was excellent, and sound quality was very good, especially considering the ceremony was outdoors. The inclusion of the singing of the birds in the trees which provided us much-needed shade during the ceremony was a real bonus! Derrick was able to capture the playing of the bagpiper, harpist and soloist before, during and after the ceremony without in any way being intrusive. He also included brief interviews with many of the guests.

Services Used: Videography

I worked with Cindy B in Denver Colorado as the videographer, and she was AMAZING! I can not wait to see the final video. Pamela with The Pros made this progress very easy. She helped us select the package and videographer for our special day. Cindy was very professional and very creative. She got some very fun shots. I also loved how she got some still shots when the photographer wasn't around to catch it. Including my mothers face as she first saw me walking down the stairs. She had a blast with us on the dance floor and grabbed some amazing video. I highly recommend The Pro's and Cindy B for all your video needs!!

Anonymous
1.0

Our final video was mailed to us, and it didn't work!! Don't waste your time working with this company. There are other groups out there that will do a much better job. Cheaper is not always better!

Services Used: Videography

Our videographer Priestly was awesome! I cant wait to see the videos!!

Private User
1.8

I used the pros for my dj, videography, and photograpy. My professionals were fantastic. With that said, the company changed my photographer three times and assigned me two that I did not like without my consent. My dj was changed without any notification and, after they promised no more changes, we got a new wedding coordinator. This all happened after we could not get our deposit back. The only reason they got two stars is because our professionals took great care of us. Please look this company up on the better business bureau before picking them.

Services Used: Videography

Overall The Pros was easy to work with, but they are not very good about responding to phone calls/emails right away. Sometimes, I'd have to send two or three requests to get a response. They are expensive, but it seems videography is simply an expensive option.

My one complaint is that the videographer left a few minutes before our actual reception ended. I'm guessing this was because most people had left and the DJ had starting packing up.

But I requested a special song for my new husband for our last song. And when I tipped the DJ as he was leaving I wasn't thinking that this wouldn’t make it to our video. I was able to have a friend tape the final song, but it wasn't the same.

We have received our raw footage and feel Leonard did a good job. We won't receive our edited version for a few months. When we do I'll update this review based on the final product.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

I just wanted to Jason, (our videographer) and others know, that he was awesome. Very polite, professional and did a great job on our raw video recording of our wedding mass. It was funny to hear and see what some of my friends and family said and did, LOL. Jason really got the best parts of everything, especially the ceremony b/c that was the most sentimental to us. I totally recommend him for all brides!

Services Used: Videography

The Pros were great. The Pros's website is very organized and gives lots of information and suggestions. The package deals were very affordable. The videographer was wonderful. My only complaint is that the sound in the video of the ceremony is not that loud.

2.0

I would like to leave a review for the Pros video service that we ordered for our recent wedding. The video we got back was choppy, glitchy, had no smooth timing to it at all. I did get the simplicity video, which doesn't include editing, but you'd think that a videographer would know how to smoothly videotape a wedding. The biggest heartbreak was that BOTH my father-daughter dances were only filmed about HALF. In the middle of both dances, the video cut out and back in, missing about 30-40 seconds each time. I called to complain to the manager and all I was told is that the videographer must have had to change a battery or something. Which I call BS on because there is no way he should have done that because 1) he knew when we were going to do the dances, he should have been prepared and 2) there was no reason to cut in and out several times to change a battery. I am completely disappointed and heartbroken that I will never get those moments back. I guess you get what you pay for! PLEASE don't use this service. Or at least don't use the videographer I used. I don't want to put his name out here, but if you contact me at coralaasta@yahoo.com, I will be sure to tell you personally who he was. BEWARE of the Pros!! If you have the money, please spend it wisely - hire a professional videographer. Don't end up like me, angry and

Services Used: Videography

Hugh Riley was amazing and our video came out great! He had great ideas and great angles to shoot us from. We received the video so fast, we were really happy. I've heard about horror stories that people had to wait forever to get their tape and usually ended in some type of legal dispute.

You can rest assured that you will get a great video and quickly as well!!

WE RECOMMEND HUGH RILEY!!!

0.5

THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!! We were told upon booking our wedding video that we would receive all the raw footage for the 8 hours that we paid our videographer. Then for Only 495 MORE we could get an edited version of this video to show family and friends being that the raw footage would just be too lengthy. Our video guy was with us for 8 hours, and gave us all the raw footage which was ONLY and hour and a half long!!!! We paid him for 8 hours of work, and he only actually video taped 1 & 1/2 hours worth of footage. He cut out all of our music from our mass where my sister was the singer, and he cut out my brothers escorting guests to their seats along with 7 hours of the rest of the day....it would have been a fine video if he actually kept the camera straight and if they gave us this as our video with only the highlights of our day....but nope that was everything that he shot. Our edited version with only just the highlights was 65 min long. Only 25 min were able to be edited b/c he didn't shoot enough film to make an edited version...our edited verion looks exactly like the raw footage! A college kid could have done a better job, not to mention that I don't have half of the video coverage that we would have liked. This company is a scam. They are horrible to work with, and if you tell them your upset with the product you received they won't give you anything back. They are horrible DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! Trust me brides you won't remember most of your wedding day b/c your busy and excited so you need a video to capture all of these precious moments....DON'T Get Ripped Off By These Crooks!!!!!!

4.3

The pros have the best prices on packages for photos, video and dj services. We only purchased photo and video but feel you do get a lot for your money.

3.5

The videographer I picked from their website was great! Priestley was on time and very professional. He got all the shots I wanted and more. He was great. My issue with The Pros is how long it takes for you to receive the finished product. And, their music is cheesy and outdated. But, it was worth the price.