The Palace at Somerset Park

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I could not have asked for a better venue! We had our ceremony outside on their balcony, and reception indoors. The staff is amazing! I had a bridal attendant who stayed with my the entire night and she was great. She helped me go to the bathroom, brought me drinks, always made sure I was okay. Our Maitre 'D was great! He took everything into his hands so I did not have to worry about a thing. We had one problem with our cake topper not arriving and he didn't tell me (I told him he had permission to do that) he just took apart one of my bridesmaids bouquets after the ceremony and put them on the cake. I swear it looked better than if the cake topper actually arrived! The bridal suite is drop dead beautiful, they brought us beer, wine and champagne, cold and hot appetizers. When my husband and I were waiting to be introduced they brought us cocktail hour appetizers so we could eat a little bit. During dinner they brought us one of everything so we could try it all. It was an amazing night and if I could redo it, I would pick the palace all over again!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough thank yous in the world to prove how grateful we are for the entire staff at the Palace at Somerset Park. We got married on Sunday, April 19, 2015 and our wedding day was THE MOST perfect day. From choosing the Palace and speaking with Jose, to the planning throughout with Alexandra, and the final planning with our Maitre D, Josh. On the day of Josh and our bridal attendant, Jillian, rocked it. We are so thankful for the two of them. They had everything to do with making our wedding day perfect. The first time we met Josh he made us feel so comfortable. It was such a relief to know that Josh was handling the entire day, because we knew, that he knew exactly what he was doing. There was not a single thing that didn’t go as planned and there wasn’t a single minute in the day where my husband and I, as well as our guests) were not enjoying ourselves. Jillian was by my side all day and night and I couldn’t have asked for more out of her. We didn’t have to worry about a thing. Everything was even more beautiful than what we had imagined. We had the opportunity to get married outside on the west house balcony and it was absolutely beautiful. The food…… the food… oh my god... from the cocktail hour to the Viennese display AND our wedding cake!!! We loved it and our guests continue to compliment about how delicious everything was and how there was SO MUCH food. Our guests keep telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We may be biased, but it truly was THE BEST and we will never ever forget the way the staff at the Palace made us feel throughout everything, from the beginning until the end. Jillian and Josh went above and beyond. We highly recommend the Palace, they are worth every dime spent. My husband and I are forever grateful for them!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband, Matt, and I had our wedding at The Palace on March 29, 2015. All I can say is we could not have picked a better place to celebrate the best day of our lives! The Palace did a fantastic job with everything. Five weeks later and we are still getting tons of compliments from our guests. So many have said it's the best wedding they have ever been to! We are super grateful to everyone at The Palace who made our dreams come true! From the moment we met with our sales manager, Jose Russa, we knew we had no option but to have our wedding at The Palace! Michelle Malave was our event coordinator who made the final planning stages super easy. She was very responsive with all the questions I asked. David Parada was our maitre'D and he was beyond amazing. Anything we thought we needed done, he had already done. He made sure everything was perfect and everyone was having a fantastic time. Jillian was my bridal attendant and she was definitely my best friend for the day! She went above and beyond to help me with anything I needed help with and made sure I looked and felt my best! Everyone at The Palace helped give us our fairy tale wedding we dreamed of! The food and desert was absolutely incredible, from cocktail hour to dinner to cake and the viennese hour, and the service was just amazing! Thank you to everyone who made our day so spectacular. We will forever be grateful to The Palace for the memories we have of the best day of our lives!

Officially Mrs. Walden
03/27/2015

My husband and I would like to express our gratitude as we could not have made a better choice for our wedding venue! The Palace is an absolutely gorgeous venue with the most friendly, helpful, and professional staff. Our first meeting was with Jose who showed us the venue and was truly helpful and professional in demeanor. Next we met our wedding planner Alex who was equally amazing. I literally emailed her all the time about any and everything and she always quickly responded. Close to our wedding day we met our Maitre D David. Lets just say David is the man! Lol he ran the whole show making sure our wedding day flowed smoothly. Lastly, my bridal attendant Gillian was awesome making sure me and my girls had whatever we needed. I had a bit of trouble with my dress and she quickly pinned it up, helped me with my veil, and even fixed a few curls in my hair. All of our guests are still raving about how beautiful our wedding was and also added how amazing the food was. There were so many options to choose from all of which were delicious. I could go on and on about how much my husband and I loved The Palace, the amazing staff we had, the food, the details, and how all of our guests are still raving. I would recommend The Palace to any bride and groom looking for that special venue. Our wedding day was like a fairytale and was truly the best day of our lives. To The Palace and staff my husband and I would simply like to end it by saying "thank you."

Jennifer
03/13/2015

I had my wedding last week with The Palace and everything was phenomenal. First, the food. All of my guests commented on how great the food was - from cocktail hour to the Viennese dessert display, they were very impressed by the quality of the food for a banquet facility (and left stuffed). I requested the venue dim the lights with the exception of the chandeliers and uplighting for my ceremony and reception for a more romantic feel. It made the entire venue look gorgeous and it was exactly how I had hoped it would look.
But the most important aspect of the night was the service - my maitre D, Josh and bridal attendant, Jillian were spectacular. They really bent over backwards and made sure the night went perfectly. They were always three steps ahead of me and if I asked for something, it would already be done. At some points throughout the night, it felt like they were reading my mind. Their productivity and level of service was unreal. Even my bridal party and guests I spent the majority of the night with noticed how efficient Josh and Jillian were. They were super fun to have around as well.
I definitely recommend The Palace. The food, staff, and venue are all amazing. Josh and the rest of the staff certainly made my dream wedding a reality.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Palace at Somerset has the most professional staff we have ever dealt with. When your guests say that your wedding was the best flowing wedding they have been to, you know you chose the right venue. Our day was amazing from the minute we booked with Jose and then our planner Michelle was assigned we felt comfortable with every step. David our maitre'd was the glue that made all the planning come to life. Maya was the best thing that could have happened to me! When I needed to remove my shoes she was there before I even turn around. The food was amazing and my cake was perfect (EXACTLY like the picture I provided). With The Palace you are in the right hands.

Irmaria & Lysandro

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Karen
02/20/2015

My husband and I, as most couples, started planning our wedding with a tight budget. I didn't even think of checking The Palace as a venue option for us but my husband convinced me to at least go check out the place. We met with Jose and of course, he made us fall in love with the place and then we discussed numbers. The palace was able to work with our budget since we were flexible with our wedding date. I am so happy we chose them as our Venue! They delivered beyond to what was promised to us. Needless to say, we were treated like royalty! The food was excellent, service was over the top and overall professionalism! Recommend them 100%!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had the most beautiful wedding at the palace. I do not have one bad thing to say. The staff leading up to the wedding, and the staff the day of the wedding made the entire experience unbelievable. It could not have been more perfect. The food was outstanding, the service was the best I have ever seen.. I will recommend this venue to anyone it truly was the best day of my life.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Palace did an outstanding job making my wedding the perfect day! Michelle had no problem responding to my many emails, when trying to plan. Josh was my Maitre 'D and he made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible. Latonia was an amazing bridal assistant. She also made sure I had everything I needed and was always where I was supposed to be. She even let me wipe chocolate cake/mousse on her pants after it being smashed on my face. Everyone in my bridal party raved about the attentiveness of Josh and Latonia. Furthmore, the guests still can't stop talking about the spectacular food and drinks. It was a night full of memories that I will always cherish.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had a great time with our wedding here on December 5th. Everyone was in love with the place as soon as they walked in the doors. We had so much fun! People say your wedding goes by so fast you don't know whats going on. Yes it went by fast but with having the team at the palace it was great. They made sure we ate, drank and took the right pictures. The price is high but we fell in love with the place and food we couldn't ask for anything more! Its a day we will never forget!

Bernadette
11/15/2014

We got married on November 15,2014 and it was the most amazing day! My bridal attendant Latonya was very attentive and the maître D David was very good. They were with us the whole day and made sure everything went perfect. I received so many compliments on The Palace. The food was exceptional and the day went so smoothly. I highly recommend them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't say enough great things about the Palace. We felt like royalty from the moment we booked until we drove off after getting hitched. The service from the chef to the bridal assistant and maitre'd were exceptional. I'm seriously floored at how smooth everything went, and how good they are at catering to not only the bride and groom but also the rest of those in attendance.

One of the stand out features of the Palace is the chef. I have allergies and find it, if not difficult then unpleasant to eat at catered events. No only was all the food prepared at such a high quality that you'd think you were at a quality restaurant in the city (eg - no frozen food, at least from what I could tell), he make sure that I had enough to eat and made sure my guests were taken care of, too.

If you want a beautiful venue with superb staff, and quality food, and want your guests telling you for weeks afterward how it was the best wedding they've ever been to, book the Palace.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We just got married there this past halloween we were absolutely blown away start to finish. The staff there is exceptional. Our maitre'd was David and my bridal attendant was Latonya and they were both awesome- I would ask for them if you can! I didn't have to worry about one thing. My wedding was rather large (>250 people) so I was amazed the event ran seamlessly. Everyone raved about the food, the room and the presentation. When I first saw the room myself I almost cried it was so pretty. I even received tons of compliments on the cake they made me (one of their standard choices- no upcharge). I would not change one thing about my experience with the Palace.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

We held our wedding reception at the Palace on September 19, 2014. The reception was perfect - all the staff, especially Richard and my bridal attendant, were above and beyond amazing. They kept the evening moving and anticipated every need I had, before I knew what I needed. I got so many compliments on the delicious food, the beautiful decor and (above all else) the amazing service. I highly recommend the Palace - it was a perfect day, which could only happen thanks to the staff at the Palace.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing!!!!!!! Had my wedding at the palace on 9/7/14 and it could not have been more perfect.. Our matre D JOSH was the absolute best and completely ran the show and my bridal attendant Latonya was over the top awesome.. She was my right hand women for the entire day and knew what i needed before i knew i needed it... I have had non stop compliments about the food, service and ambience.. We even used colonial park for pictures which was also perfection. Highly highly recommended. Not one thing went wrong.. Thank u!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It took us 13 venues before we found the Palace. The Palace has this certain wow factor when you first drive in, which what we were looking for in a venue. The entrance looks grand and clean. Looks good on pictures. Nothing over the top or too blingy but very pretty and refreshing. We were able to use different places at the palace for pictures (the terrace, the front entrance, bar upstairs) and the pictures look great! There are 2 hotels that were really close by which made it easy and convenient for the guests. The food was DELICIOUS! Our family and friends were telling us the kona short rib and the macadamia grouper was superb. The cocktail hour had so much food and the drinks were not watered down. They were generous with the shots as well. Our cake was also DIVINE (devils cake with cream cheese) The only complaint I remembered from my friends was that they took the food away so quickly while my friends were dancing.
We had the pleasure of working with Michelle Malave, David Parada (our maitre d), and Jillian (bridal attendant). Michelle Malave was our planner and I really cant believe the amount of patience she has. She responded to all my emails in a timely manner. And answered everything even though I already asked the same question twice. David P, was our maitre D (I recommend you get him if you do book the Palace) He was so organized, he knew the flow of the program better than me, he directed us to whatever me and the husband needed to do, he listened to whatever our needs were, he always had our drinks ready, and kept us calm. I am really blown away how they were able to execute everything. We even have a photo with him on our photo booth which I thought was so cool. Lastly, Jillian was our bridal attendant. She is one cool chick. She directed my bridesmaids and groomsmen as soon as we got to the Palace. Held my lip gloss. made sure my slippers were ready. made sure we were fed. They all work good together and made our wedding day a breeze. - M&M's