The Palace at Somerset Park

(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I, as most couples, started planning our wedding with a tight budget. I didn't even think of checking The Palace as a venue option for us but my husband convinced me to at least go check out the place. We met with Jose and of course, he made us fall in love with the place and then we discussed numbers. The palace was able to work with our budget since we were flexible with our wedding date. I am so happy we chose them as our Venue! They delivered beyond to what was promised to us. Needless to say, we were treated like royalty! The food was excellent, service was over the top and overall professionalism! Recommend them 100%!

• Wedding: 02/20/2015
Karen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had the most beautiful wedding at the palace. I do not have one bad thing to say. The staff leading up to the wedding, and the staff the day of the wedding made the entire experience unbelievable. It could not have been more perfect. The food was outstanding, the service was the best I have ever seen.. I will recommend this venue to anyone it truly was the best day of my life.

• Wedding: 01/30/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Palace did an outstanding job making my wedding the perfect day! Michelle had no problem responding to my many emails, when trying to plan. Josh was my Maitre 'D and he made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible. Latonia was an amazing bridal assistant. She also made sure I had everything I needed and was always where I was supposed to be. She even let me wipe chocolate cake/mousse on her pants after it being smashed on my face. Everyone in my bridal party raved about the attentiveness of Josh and Latonia. Furthmore, the guests still can't stop talking about the spectacular food and drinks. It was a night full of memories that I will always cherish.

• Wedding: 12/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had a great time with our wedding here on December 5th. Everyone was in love with the place as soon as they walked in the doors. We had so much fun! People say your wedding goes by so fast you don't know whats going on. Yes it went by fast but with having the team at the palace it was great. They made sure we ate, drank and took the right pictures. The price is high but we fell in love with the place and food we couldn't ask for anything more! Its a day we will never forget!

• Wedding: 12/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married on November 15,2014 and it was the most amazing day! My bridal attendant Latonya was very attentive and the maître D David was very good. They were with us the whole day and made sure everything went perfect. I received so many compliments on The Palace. The food was exceptional and the day went so smoothly. I highly recommend them.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
Bernadette
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough great things about the Palace. We felt like royalty from the moment we booked until we drove off after getting hitched. The service from the chef to the bridal assistant and maitre'd were exceptional. I'm seriously floored at how smooth everything went, and how good they are at catering to not only the bride and groom but also the rest of those in attendance.

One of the stand out features of the Palace is the chef. I have allergies and find it, if not difficult then unpleasant to eat at catered events. No only was all the food prepared at such a high quality that you'd think you were at a quality restaurant in the city (eg - no frozen food, at least from what I could tell), he make sure that I had enough to eat and made sure my guests were taken care of, too.

If you want a beautiful venue with superb staff, and quality food, and want your guests telling you for weeks afterward how it was the best wedding they've ever been to, book the Palace.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just got married there this past halloween we were absolutely blown away start to finish. The staff there is exceptional. Our maitre'd was David and my bridal attendant was Latonya and they were both awesome- I would ask for them if you can! I didn't have to worry about one thing. My wedding was rather large (>250 people) so I was amazed the event ran seamlessly. Everyone raved about the food, the room and the presentation. When I first saw the room myself I almost cried it was so pretty. I even received tons of compliments on the cake they made me (one of their standard choices- no upcharge). I would not change one thing about my experience with the Palace.

• Wedding: 10/31/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We held our wedding reception at the Palace on September 19, 2014. The reception was perfect - all the staff, especially Richard and my bridal attendant, were above and beyond amazing. They kept the evening moving and anticipated every need I had, before I knew what I needed. I got so many compliments on the delicious food, the beautiful decor and (above all else) the amazing service. I highly recommend the Palace - it was a perfect day, which could only happen thanks to the staff at the Palace.

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing!!!!!!! Had my wedding at the palace on 9/7/14 and it could not have been more perfect.. Our matre D JOSH was the absolute best and completely ran the show and my bridal attendant Latonya was over the top awesome.. She was my right hand women for the entire day and knew what i needed before i knew i needed it... I have had non stop compliments about the food, service and ambience.. We even used colonial park for pictures which was also perfection. Highly highly recommended. Not one thing went wrong.. Thank u!!!!!

• Wedding: 09/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It took us 13 venues before we found the Palace. The Palace has this certain wow factor when you first drive in, which what we were looking for in a venue. The entrance looks grand and clean. Looks good on pictures. Nothing over the top or too blingy but very pretty and refreshing. We were able to use different places at the palace for pictures (the terrace, the front entrance, bar upstairs) and the pictures look great! There are 2 hotels that were really close by which made it easy and convenient for the guests. The food was DELICIOUS! Our family and friends were telling us the kona short rib and the macadamia grouper was superb. The cocktail hour had so much food and the drinks were not watered down. They were generous with the shots as well. Our cake was also DIVINE (devils cake with cream cheese) The only complaint I remembered from my friends was that they took the food away so quickly while my friends were dancing.
We had the pleasure of working with Michelle Malave, David Parada (our maitre d), and Jillian (bridal attendant). Michelle Malave was our planner and I really cant believe the amount of patience she has. She responded to all my emails in a timely manner. And answered everything even though I already asked the same question twice. David P, was our maitre D (I recommend you get him if you do book the Palace) He was so organized, he knew the flow of the program better than me, he directed us to whatever me and the husband needed to do, he listened to whatever our needs were, he always had our drinks ready, and kept us calm. I am really blown away how they were able to execute everything. We even have a photo with him on our photo booth which I thought was so cool. Lastly, Jillian was our bridal attendant. She is one cool chick. She directed my bridesmaids and groomsmen as soon as we got to the Palace. Held my lip gloss. made sure my slippers were ready. made sure we were fed. They all work good together and made our wedding day a breeze. - M&M's

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married here on Aug 9, 2014. It was the most amazing day of my life. Everything went beautifully and the food was exceptional. The staff here is truly one of a kind, especially our Maitre'd Joshua and my bridal attendant Maya. They both went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of in every aspect. I LOVE MAYA!!! Words cannot express what an amazing attendant she was to me!!! Every minute she would make sure we were being taken care of and attend to our every need! Bride-to-be's, you will truly be taken care of at the palace and will not have to worry about ANYTHING!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
MINDY
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If planning a wedding in central NJ look no further then The Palace! This venue is jaw droppingly impressive from the moment you pull into the parking lot. The staff is incredible and extremely catering to everyone's needs. The food is best I have ever had at a wedding and the cocktail hour is out of this world. Everyone still talks about my wedding and how unbelieve it was from start to finish. The staff gets standing ovations because they go above and beyond. Couldn't of imagined having my dream wedding anywhere else :)

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent venue. Very responsive and professional. David Parada and his staff went well beyond to make the event a great success. Highly recommend

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Palace was an absolutely amazing venue! It was so magnificent and sophisticated! I truly felt like royalty the day of my wedding!!! They are a little pricey but it is SO worth it. We had such a special day and I wish I could do it over and over again!!

• Wedding: 07/18/2014
Megan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Palace at Somerset Park was my dream wedding venue come true! Corey and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue to celebrate the best day of our lives. Everything was beautiful. The staff was fabulous! Alex and Cristina helped us to organize our entire day and make sure we didn't forget a single detail. Josh worked tirelessly right before and the day of to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch and it paid off. Stephanny kept me calm and everyone happy the day of and we couldn't have been more grateful for that. Thank you to everyone at the Palace for making our day so wonderful! The food was delicious, the atmosphere to die for, and those stairs - I could never have imagined by day without them! Everyone was raving about the wedding and we owe that in part to the amazing Palace and the staff!

Bonnie and Corey Backus
Sunday, July 13, 2014

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

In a word: Incredible. The Palace was by far the best choice we ever made and listing all the ways they made our wedding fabulous would take too long! From the very beginning the staff was incredible and accommodating. We had wanted a gift give away table in lieu of favors and were very nervous about the execution of the idea and Michelle made me never have a worry in the world. Throughout the entire process she was incredible and made us feel so special and that any question we had was worthwhile. Trust me brides, you want to work with someone when you are planning your wedding that gets back to you and eases your worries without making you feel crazy. Michelle was perfect at this. Our maitre'D was David and he was incredible. He was eloquent and organized and spoke to us during our wedding so calmly and without ever batting an eye seemed to direct the entire evening towards pure perfection. Jill was my bridal attendant and lived up to all the hype and more. What I loved is you never saw her until you needed her. This bridal attendant was so unobtrusive and yet so intuitive. She knew when to step up and grab you that drink or grab your flowers or dress and mad me feel so incredibly special. She was also a Bustle Ninja. My dress was incredibly hard to bustle and we worried about it. Worries Gone! Jill at the perfect moment told me she was going to bustle my dress and in seconds it was done. She made the wedding for my mom and maid of honor so much more relaxing...she felt like what a day of planner would have done. We really wanted a planner and didn't get one and didn't need it. The Palace only serves excellence and they did it whole heartedly. Professionalism and quality were the two words to describe all meals and courses. The food was fabulous and at the end of the night they sent us home with all of our entrees so we could have our wedding dinner the following night! Worth every penny! Thank you All!

• Wedding: 07/11/2014