The Painted Plate

The Painted Plate

"It's Not Just Food It's Art"

2001 North Church Street
Greensboro , NC 27405 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 1000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Painted Plate was very easy to work with and accommodating. They showed up right on time and did a great job at my wedding. People kept going back for 2nds/3rds! Very easy to work with and I felt no concern on my wedding day that they would do anything other than a great job. Thank you Painted Plate!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison is amazing, she was willing to make changes and work with me without complaint. I made changes the week of my wedding and she was able to accommodate my requests. The wait staff was BEYOND courteous and professional. I absolutely adored the bartender, Mason. He was so polite and kind. My meal was delicious, hot food was hot and cold food was cold. The sweet tea was on point also. And I never had to ask more than once for anything.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Painted plate was absolutely wonderful! The service was incredible, the food was delicious, and the attention to detail was fantastic. I will absolutely recommend them to all the brides I know.

• Wedding: 06/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brad and the entire staff of The Painted Plate outdid themselves. Their food and service for my daughter’s wedding was OUTSTANDING! All our guests praised the plated dinner. I highly recommend The Painted Plate as the best catering service in our area.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Painted Plate catered the reception for our daughter's wedding. The planning process was awesome. We worked with Allison, who walked us through each step. She was fun and professional. We had great choices so that we could make it match our style. We had a wonderful tasting which helped us narrow down our appetizers, entrees, and sides. The day of the wedding, they arrived perfectly and set up a beautiful buffet. Everything was both appealing looking and absolutely delicious. The staff was so professional and friendly and added to our wonderful day. We had a great experience and would highly recommend them.

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
Susanna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison and Brad are such a great team! The Painted Plate made all our culinary dreams come true for our wedding. The food was delicious and the service was great! During our planning, they gave us a tasting during one of their company's busiest weeks of the year. As our point of contact, Allison always got back to us within a business day and did everything she said she would do...she made our cocktail hour and reception come to life!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
Lacie
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Painted Plate is the exclusive caterer of the venue that we chose, The Empire Room. At first, I was a little nervous because I wouldn't have an option of which caterer to use, but this caterer was AMAZING! The staff is friendly and the food does NOT taste like catering food (if you know what I mean). All of our 200 guests were raving about how great the food was. It's fresh, flavorful, and since they have their own kitchen at The Empire Room, basically homemade! We would 100% recommend The Painted Plate.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The enitre staff were quite efficient. Allison was great to work with. The only problem we had was the a/c was not working properly but the owner made adjustments. The food was great.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Painted Plate did an awesome job for our wedding! We had a great experience leading up to the wedding. We changed our menu several times and they were very flexible. We also had an awesome tasting!

We have heard so many compliments on the food since our wedding a few weeks ago! Everything was great!

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The Painted Plate was a joy to work with for our wedding. They were accommodating, quick to respond, and offered a scrumptious array of cuisine selections. In fact, our planning with them took place so early in the process and with such ease that I almost forgot how wonderful it was!

In terms of food quality, we were actually required to use their services because our reception took place at the Empire Room in downtown Greensboro. For this reason, we cannot truly compare to other catering vendors in the area. Nonetheless, we've been to many weddings together, and the quality and array of their selections was exquisite and as tasty as any we've had. We had appetizers, salad, and a full buffet. When we met with them prior to the wedding, they prepared a "mini buffet" with numerous selections for us to sample. The food was unbelievably tasty, and when the wedding day came, it was prepared consistently, i.e. the quality did not drop in the slightest when preparing for 150 people instead of just 2.

There is a wide range of flexibility offered in terms of buffet/plated, dinner choices, and appetizers. We honestly had a hard time choosing! The only (very minor) issue for us was that we could only choose two sides with the buffet option we selected, but this was overshadowed vastly by everything else!

The prices were good, but it's going to be a bit expensive to do an elegant dinner. There's no way around that, really. Again, it's a bit difficult for us to speak objectively since we did not meet with other vendors in the area. Nonetheless, for the price-per-plate, we are confident that our guests received an extraordinary, top-quality meal, and for that we are truly grateful to the Painted Plate.

We strongly recommend their services, whether working with the Empire Room or not!

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a great time working with Painted Plate. They helped us be really creative with our menu for appetizers, coffee, and the main courses. We even brought in our own recipe and they made it! I was so thrilled with the presentation and quality of food. The event staff worked really hard to be sure everything was done correctly as well. I would absolutely recommend them!

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Painted plate provided the most professional staff beauitul set up and great food I could not be more pleased.

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Painted Plate was wonderful to work with. They were able to meet with me around my work schedule and they were extremely responsive to all of our questions. Our food was great, it was displayed very nice and tasted wonderful. People are still asking me who made our food. I would recommend this catering service to any bride.

• Wedding: 03/24/2012
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Great food the buffet was gorgeously displayed and well staffed. They worked to ensure every detail of the food and beverage was exceptional. They offer a wide range of packages and services and work with you to get it right.

• Wedding: 10/14/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I LOVED the food from The Painted Plate! The beef and chicken were AMAZING! I heard nothing but great reviews about the mash potatoes and they were GREAT! Kathryn was amazing and answered my emails and calls the same day! The staff and waiters were amazing! They even cleaned the cake plates for my cake decorator and boxed up the top layer and wrapped in plastic wrap so in could go straight in the freezer! Everything went great with out a problem!

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Allison to be a pleasure to work with. The food was excellent and perfectly set out for us. The price was reasonable. Allison was able to work within our budget. She is great!

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
336-230-2433
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards