The Organized Bride

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As stressful as wedding planning can be, Tara made everything with our save the dates and invitations so easy! When we were in a bind with setting up for the wedding Tara volunteered to do our place cards, favors and a few extras at the last minutes; she was truely a lifesaver. Out of our whole experience I can honestly say I was so happy with The Organized Bride with everything and came out with a friend :-) Thank you again for helping make everything right up to our reception so wonderful!!

XO
Lauren and Brendan

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

This is my first time writing a negative review and I certainly hope it will be the last one I ever have to write.

My experience with The Organized Bride store initially started out very pleasant, as many other brides have expressed. Tara was very friendly and we spent awhile looking at invitations and designs on our initial consultation. Tara promised 6 "free" mock ups of the designs we discussed and I put down a 50% deposit. We were told the mock ups would be emailed in two weeks. Two weeks became three, so I emailed Tara to check on the status. Tara advised I would receive them by the fourth week. Three of the six designs sent were not what we discussed and were not appealing to us as they had a very dated, sad looking floral design...not exactly the look we were going for. With the designs we did choose, our information looked as if it was thrown into a template with little concern for aesthetics. We decided to go elsewhere and requested a refund. We were told we could only have half of the refund back due to the work that was put into the designs and the fine print on the contract that mentioned this. I obliged and asked for the rest of the refund...on May 1st. After waiting three weeks and hearing no response, nor seeing any refund in the mail, I called Tara (on May 22) and was told she had to speak to her mom and that she would email me. A week goes by and she emails (on May 29) to say the check is in the mail. June 7th (still no check)-I email Tara to say I will come by the shop to get the check. June 13th-Tara emails me to say there was a miscommunication with her mom and that she is putting the check in the mail. Oh yeah...and that they're closing their shop. It's June 19th and still no check. I used to think Tara was disorganized and really bad with deadlines and correspondence. I now realize she has no intention of actually sending me my refund. Good luck getting those invitations, ladies. Chances are you won't see them.

4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely loved working with Tara! Not having a clear vision of how we wanted our invitations to look, Tara spent 2 hours with us our first visit offering heartfelt advice on various details we were just stuck on and couldn't decide. She also helped us tastefully word things with a sticky family situation (which let's be honest-we all have them! ) she also have advice on centerpieces and was just generally a great wealth of information and a joy to work with. My favorite vendor so far!

4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I kept going back and forth on buying invitations from a website vs. having someone in a shop create them. Tara has taken the stress out of the invitation process! They have a wide range of invitation styles, colors, options, etc., and can really create any style you want. Their prices are very reasonable (I'd be paying the same amount for an online vendor, but I would have to enter all the details and not have the personal attention!) and they are completely willing to work with your budget. I can't wait to see the final product!

I will also be using this shop for my seat chart in lieu of place cards.!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Organized Bride is a great place. We loved the environment and the service everytime we visited. Our invitations and name cards came out just the way we wanted. Love this place!

Services Used: Favors & Gifts
mrh618
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The ladies over at The Organized Bride are amazing. Being a typical bride I had a strong vision of what I wanted, hoping for a chalkboard look for our invitations. They hadn't done it before, but knew that something chalkboard-y existed. They accepted the challenge, tried something new and I couldn't have been more pleased with the final result. Ordering with them was a cinch and they were very flexible with out schedule when it came time to get them picked up.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tara and her team at The Organized Bride made beautiful invitations for us! Tara was amazing to work with and so nice and friendly. She truly makes you feel special and listens to your needs, vision and budget. I knew I wanted lace incorporated into my invites so she worked with me to find various lace options from her supply vendors. She went above and beyond for us. We received countless complements on how great our invitations were from our guests. She was worth every penny! I highly recommend The Organized Bride to all!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tara provided us beautiful invitations, exactly what my bride wanted them to be...like opening a gift. Tara is so nice and wonderful to work with!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
2.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I would more like to describe her as "the disorganized bride," as she was incredibly disorganized throughout our entire experience. In a nutshell, when we received our order 25 invitations were missing (we had calligraphy, which she did for free because we met her through a trade show). We contacted Tara, explained our situation and she delivered what she thought was our 25 missing invitations. Unfortunately, she delivered 25 duplicate copies of invitations we already had. My poor mother had to find all these mistakes. So, had we not double checked our organized bride, 25 invitees would not have been invited, and 25 couples would have been invited TWICE. We again contacted Tara and given time constraints, just decided to take 25 blank invitations and hand write the invites. We then contacted her for some sort of service recovery and her only offer was a discount on expensive wedding programs, not any sort of refund for our time and efforts. We did what we should have done for the invitations--went on Etsy and found a great template to use for our programs and they were beautiful. I've also had two other friends with similar frustrations with our disorganized bride. Bottom line, Tara is lovely and fun to work with but highly disorganized. Wedding planning can be stressful at times and this was an unnecessary stressor.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Tara was amazing. I went in to meet with her and without seeing my invitations yet I already had a vision of what they were going to look like. She has plenty on display for people to see in order to get different ideas. Everyone who got an invitation from her loved them and thought they were one of the nicest invitations they had seen for a wedding.

• Wedding: 01/25/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Beautiful save the dates, invitations, menus, programs, and thank you cards. Would definitely recommend The Organized Bride to any bride/couple looking for a one stop shop to order all paper products. The Organized Bride has so many templates to chose from to fit any personality or wedding! Tara is a pleasure to work with!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Tara's attention to detail is so impressive! She did our invitations, programs, and name cards and they all came out beautiful. My entire family kept commenting on the invitations and programs - everyone absolutely loved them! Also, because of our invitations running late she was so gracious and kind about it she comped our name cards! Tara is just amazing and does great work!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved my invitations! So easy and friendly to work with! Reasonably priced! Going back for my thank you's!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I loved working with Tara and The Organized bride for our wedding invitations, and brunch info for our welcome bags. She was also such a joy to work with and provided us with so much guidance and advice during this process. Her prices were so affordable and I loved going to see her in her office. She is nearby and we can always go stop by to say "hello" to her whenever we want too. The Organized Bride exceeded our expectations on her service and execution of our invitations and welcome cards for our welcome bags. She made the process so easy for us and it was great. I could not have asked for anything more! Thank you!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
2.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The Organized Bride does a beautiful job putting together invitations based on your ideas and working with you on designing your perfect stationary.

However, because this is such a small staff the response time to emails/phone calls is poor.

If you're looking into using The Organized Bride definitely plan in advance for extra time. Don't wait until the last minute...

• Flexibility: 5.0

Its hard to put into words how beyond gorgeous, classy & elegant Tara made our wedding invitations, programs, place cards, table number & seating chart. She is extremely talented and the amount of compliments we received on our stationary was astounding. She was very professional to work with and met all our our deadlines. Having Tara create and print all of our stationary made my life so much easier and less stressful. I probably spent two months searching for the perfect invitations (after visiting several DC invitation shops) and after seeing Tara's work I knew no other place could compare. I can't thank Tara enough for creating the most beautiful invitations, place cards, seating chart, programs and table numbers for our wedding!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013