The MV Skansonia

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Had an incredible experience on the skansonia. VERY affordable and provided guests with an authentic Seattle experience. The staff was very helpful, professional, and easy to work with. The day-of went off incredibly smoothly and everyone loved it!

The MV Skansonia responded with the following comments:

I had such a wonderful time helping create such special memories for the bride and groom! Thank you for allowing Skansonia to be apart of that special day!

-Vicki

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Skansonia was a beautiful venue! It was raining - a downpour really - on my daughter's wedding day, but the Skansonia was warm and cozy. Not stuffy and humid at all, which was my greatest fear. Everyone involved was very professional - friendly - and accommodating. We have awesome pictures and awesome memories from our special day on the Skansonia. Thank you!

The MV Skansonia responded with the following comments:

Kathleen, Thank you so much for allowing us to help your daughter create such special memories on her special day. She was so beautiful. We are sending many wishes of endless smiles to the new bride and groom! :) -Vicki

Elizabeth
12/13/2014

The MV Skansonia team is amazing! The venue is outstanding, not only in historical value, but location location location. What's more NW than a ferry boat?!

Jen and Kristen walked my husband and I through the whole process and our wedding went perfectly. When we worked with the Skansonia team, we felt like their top priority and they were clearly focused on our needs.

Make sure to take time to check out the venue, if you're looking for views of Seattle and a waterfront wedding this is the place! You won't be disappointed! (oh ya, and it is affordable!)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Worth every penny! For a flawless event with a professional staff this is where you should be married. Rain or shine, both of which happened on my wedding day, you couldn't go wrong with this timeless Seattle venue location.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Excellent Affordable Venue and Team!
Food was amazing, everyone raved about the butternut squash raviolis afterwards. The mini cheesecake bar was delicious.
The team was excellent to work with, responsive with any questions we had, willing to work with us to make our day special and memorable. The day of we didn't have to worry about one thing. James was our coordinator that day and really went above and beyond.
The whole ambiance of the venue is so romantic and unique. I fell in love the minute we stepped foot on it to see it. I recommend stopping by to check it out.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Skansonia was the perfect place to have our wedding. Their prices were reasonable compared to other waterfront venues we looked at. They were also very friendly and available for meetings to discuss details. They made all of the arrangements for cake, food, and wine tastings since we worked with them and their partner Lake Union Cafe and Bakery for the catering and cake. They also have a pretty good partnership with downtown spirits where they will deliver your alcohol for free and you get buying in bulk discounts with no cork fees with the Skansonia bartender. The day of coordinator is also part of the package and they make sure everything goes smoothly with the DJ, alcohol service, floral, and food. I didn't have to think about much on my wedding day other than saying the right words at the ceremony and having a good time. The Skansonia made the whole process seamless and wonderful.

Doru & Pam
1 Review
Recently Married

For our wedding we researched a few places around Seattle and the Skansonia was by far the most beautiful and romantic. At first we thought we cannot afford it, but once we run the numbers in Excel it was much cheaper than all the other places combined so we went for it.
Jen was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing! Actually that would be an understatement. She was extremely professional and she went way beyond to make sure everything was very good and exactly the way we planned it.
We would say, if it wasn't for Jen maybe we wouldn't have chosen this place. She made the whole difference in having the wedding exactly how we imagined it. We highly recommend her if you want your wedding to be a positive and enjoyable experience and most of all, stress free!!!
We loved the food and the vintage feel of the boat. Our guests from out of state and out of the country, enjoyed the beautiful view of Seattle and South Lake Union.
All in all the pictures were great, the day was gorgeous and sunny and the boat is extremely romantic.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved having my wedding at the Skansonia!!!! They made it so easy and beautiful. There were so many places to take pictures, hang out and celebrate. The food was phenomenal, the service was amazing and the setting was oh-so romantic and pretty. I highly recommend The Skansonia if you want a stunning, worry free wedding on Lake Union!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding and reception at Skansonia this past summer. It's hard for me to put into words just how much we loved our experience! To start with, the view is amazing (it's hard to beat being right on Lake Union with a view of downtown) and the venue itself is beautiful with so much character. The food is excellent, we still have guests talking about how much they enjoyed the food at our wedding. Also, you can bring your own alcohol with no corkage fee (this is a great deal for a wedding reception in Seattle). The whole process from initial planning to the day of our wedding was completely stress free thanks to Jen, Kristine and the rest of the staff at Skansonia! I highly recommend Skansonia, on top of being everything that we wanted and more, it was a great value! I just wish we were having a party there again this summer! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

SO WONDERFUL. The venue is beautiful and the best part was that it is all-inclusive! We didn't have to organize bringing chairs, tablecloths, or anything like that. They even had table runners and electric tea lights (classy ones) to rent for decor. They have an on-site caterer, and day-of planner, who was indispensable.
When we looked at the boat for the first time, I thought "wow! This place is going to be way out of our budget!" I was pleasantly surprised. They charged us like a caterer! It was awesome!
Jenn and Kristine are very nice and professional, and they really made our day special and just how we wanted.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Tina
12/28/2013

The staff at the Skansonia made my wedding so easy! As a business owner, I had very little time (and a budget) so I was unable to spend time planning my own wedding, and didn't have the finances to hire someone to do it for me. The Skansonia made sure our wedding went smoothly and also setup our cake and dinner options. This is almost a one stop venue! They recommended other fabulous vendors for the officiant, photographers, and more which made the search for good people to help with my wedding that much easier. Our wedding was perfect in everyway and the venue was gorgeous!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

I could not believe what a beautiful setting the MV Skansonia was when we first saw it. How could we not pick it! The food was amazing, our cake was amazing, and everything we needed was attended to upon request. I have to say also that having so many things handled by one vendor is the way to go...I can't imagine having to choose a venue, then a caterer, then a bakery, etc. This is one great package. So many costs included in the low price, too - no cake fee, no cork fee, no extra fee for the bartender. Also, the dinner that is hosted in the spring for all the wedding couples to come and taste and plan their menus is brilliant. And best of all, SO AFFORDABLE! BEST WEDDING IN VENUE IN SEATTLE'S OUTDOORS! (and they can bring you inside in front of the fireplace if it rains with 5 minutes notice...how cool is that? we had sunny and 80, but just sayin')

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

After a little bit of shopping around for venues, comparing costs, and options for our wedding day, we were at a loss. Until we stumbled upon the MV Skansonia. Let me begin by saying that we were looking for something that was hassel-free and all inclusive. We didn't like the idea of booking just a venue and then having to book separate vendors for everything - which is the case for weddings here in the U.S. We loved that the MV Skansonia included a food vendor, cake vendor, decorations, set up and clean up - all in their package. The other big thing that we loved about working with the MV Skansonia was that we were able to do an open bar that we wanted. Using their crew and staff we served our own homebrew and wine - that we made ourselves! This would not have been an option anywhere else.
Aside from those two things, the MV Skansonia staff was so easy to work with, was very professional and always available and responsive to any questions I had. Even after the wedding, we forgot a few things there and they were so accommodating to us when we went back to pick it up.
The venue is just beautiful and unique. You have to go visit it, there's just no way to describe the experience of it. The view from the bow of the boat pointing back to the skyline of Seattle; The charm that it is a historic decommissioned ferry boat - what a great experience for our guests who were from out of state.
I recommend this beautiful venue to anyone who wants a unique wedding experience.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I really cannot say enough wonderful things about our wedding aboard the MV Skansonia, except that I wish we could relive that day again and again. We planned our wedding long-distance from New York City and were never able to visit the venue, meet the planners in person, or attend any tasting events. Despite the distance, I feel completely prepared and well taken care-of. All of my emails and calls were answered promptly, everything was explained to me clearly. All policies were fair and easy to understand. The day of, everything went absolutely perfectly. Staff were professional, warm, and helpful, I really didn't need to do anything except enjoy myself! Obviously one of the best things about the venue is how breathtakingly beautiful it is: the stunning view, the interior dark wood and porthole windows, all the outdoor space and flowers...we did not decorate at all aside from flowers, there was no need because it's already gorgeous! Having the upstairs space to drink champagne and take pictures and watch guests arrive was also really wonderful. It was a special time for me and my wedding party and closest family, and something not many venues have. The food, which we chose without tasting, was phenomenal! Everyone was raving about how great the food was, and although we just chose the light entree/heavy app option plus one extra pasta dish, everyone could eat their fill. We had a huge wedding with 14 in the wedding party and 220+ guests including plenty of kids, and it was cozy but never felt crowded. After dinner, it was wonderful for some guests to sit outside and enjoy a glass of wine while other danced and kids ran around. My wedding was an absolute dream, and the Skansonia was a huge part of that!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

The MV Skansonia is a great place to work with. I'm not good at planning lots of details for a big party and the staff were especially helpful in the planning and on the day of. The day of coordinator, Paige was amazing and super patient with my indecisiveness. All of the staff were friendly and the food was awesome. My friends and family are still talking about how good the food was! Finally, I feel like we were able to have an event that reflected who we are. They even let us have our dog on the boat for the ceremony and reception! I highly recommend this venue for anyone who wants a Seattle waterfront wedding!

Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

The entire Skansonia experience captured the essence of our personalities, highlighted one of the best views of our city and was truly the wedding of our dreams! Their clear organization skills, and calm, positive staff were very much appreciated throughout the day and night! Everything from the weather, the atmosphere, the delicious food and transition from ceremony to rocking party were seamless.