The Markows

Value
Flexibility
Erica and Brian
06/29/2015

The Markows are the best hands down. I could shout it from the rooftops all day long. I was out of town when choosing a photographer so we sat down on Skype for over an hour just getting to know each other. They are laid back, confident, professional, down-to-earth and their style is fantastic. We had a blast doing our engagement shoot and they drove two hours in the pouring rain to come shoot at our house. The day may have been gloomy but our pictures are out of this world. I can't wait for them to do our wedding. Just the coolest people you could have as your photographers. AND their wedding package isn't limited by hours. They provide all-day coverage with absolutely no time limit. The best!

Services Used: Photography

I can not even begin to describe how amazing these guys are! From the first meeting to the last moment of the wedding they just get it! They were so easy to work with and understood how crazy a wedding day can be. Just being able to look back and know that we dealt with pure professionals who are passionate about what they do is amazing. Booking them was the best thing I could have done for my wedding day and I would do it again in a heartbeat. They are worth it. Love them!

Services Used: Photography

When looking for a photographer, we were looking for someone who was down to earth and had a natural rhythm when working behind the camera. These two are absolutely amazing. I truly brag about them to everyone I know and consider them some of the sweetest and most creative people I've ever met. From day one they put both of us at ease about the whole process. From meeting at Starbucks, to our engagement session, to grabbing some tea at Panera four days before the wedding day, they were absolutely wonderful. I love their style, their creativity, and their overall passion for their work. All of these things shine through in their pictures and I want to share their gift with the rest of the world. Highly recommended :)

Services Used: Photography

Julianne and Steven are amazing! When I began looking for a photographer for my wedding I saw their work on Facebook through a friend who used them. Their candid pictures and artistic approach really sold me, i did not want your run of the mill pictures. I wanted pictures to caption moments and leave the posing to a minimum. The Markows hit this mark perfectly! Not to mention they were always quick to respond back to me, and believe me I always have questions. They were patient and always accommodating. We did engagements pictures, a guest book, and our wedding photography with them. Its one of the best vendors we chose for our wedding. We recently received the album and its perfect! The quality is second to none and the layout is beautiful. I would recommend the Markows to anyone (in fact i already have and she's using them for her wedding in August!)
Do yourself a favor and hire the Markows to photograph your special day!

Services Used: Photography

If I could give Julianne and Steven 10 out of 5 stars I would. My husband Frank and I used The Markows for both our engagement and wedding photography and would do it again in a heartbeat. They are such a great couple, first of all, and work with and off of each other fantastically. They make you feel extremely comfortable very quickly and take gorgeous, once-in-a-lifetime photos that no other photographer will ever even think of capturing.

They are punctual, they follow up, they are flexible, they are kind. They are very professional and yet cordial simultaneously. They book quickly, so if you want Julianne and Steven to shoot your event (and trust me, you do), call them today. It will be the best move you make when planning your wedding. These photos they've given us will be with us forever, and we had a blast taking them.

Thank you Julianne and Steven. Next time we have another event, we'll be calling you!!

Kevin
09/27/2014

Julianne and Steven were absolutely incredible to work with. They were not the first photographers we met with, but as soon as my wife and I met them we knew we wanted to work with them. They're incredibly talented but also genuine down to earth people, the type you want to associate with during the crazy wedding process. They did our engagement shoot about a year before the wedding. The photos were stunning but more importantly we got to see exactly how they worked. We came away even more impressed than originally and that just led to more excitement for the big day. Leading up to the wedding they were always around to answer any questions we had, and were very helpful for my wife and I as we tried to plan the details of our picture locations and first look. On the day of the wedding they literally didn't stop working, capturing every single aspect of our wedding and reception. One of them was always there to capture whatever my wife and I were doing. We cannot say enough about these two. There was never a time when we felt like we were a job for them. You could tell how much they love what they do, they were genuinely excited to be a part of our day.

Services Used: Photography

Julianne and Steve are not only the most talented photographers I had found while doing research for my wedding but they are the sweetest most down to earth couple. They have truly blown us away with their work and they have an eye for photography that is so unique. One of the many reasons I love them is because they don't pose you, everything is so natural and it makes their photos look like art. I cannot wait to show off my wedding photos because they will be spectacular!!

Services Used: Photography

Julianne and Steve are consummate professionals. I say this as a guy that knows little to nothing about photography, but know full well when I work with people who know what they are doing. I try to recommend The Markows to anybody I can as they are not only so easy to work with but put out some amazing work. They did the engagement session for my wife and I and we were blown away. If the wedding shots are even half as good we will be just as happy. This couple captures the real magic of one of the most important events in your life and I could not recommend them more.

Services Used: Photography

The Markows traveled to Florida for our wedding. They got to the resort and scoped it our and actually knew the layout better than we did! They looked for places to take first look photos and other photos so we could be ready for the next day. They came to every event over the weekend early and were always looking for the perfect shot! When we did our engagement pictures it was about 95 degrees outside and all of us were so hot but they powered through to make sure they for perfect pictures and had smiles on the whole time. They are true professionals. Even our wedding guests commented on how great they were, especially after they posted a sneak peek picture online that was absolutely breathtaking! They even helped us see the bright side in having a rainy wedding with some cool photography ideas. I love their unique style. You can't go back and capture your wedding again, so make sure you choose an artist to tell the story of your day and not just someone who will take pictures. We did and we are so so thankful for their hard work!

Services Used: Photography

Our experience with The Markos was nothing if not perfect! These two are the essence of photography. With the Markows, you are not just booking a photographer, you are insuring that all of the emotions and memories that took place at your event will be captured for eternity. We couldn't be happier with every single photo taken at our wedding! When we met with the Markows, we knew within a few minutes that they would be able to fulfill all of our needs and requests. They are an extremely accommodating and professional company. We would recommend them for any occasion. If you are looking for photographers who are down to earth and personable, these are the guys!

Services Used: Photography

I would like to start by saying that I would recommend the Markows 10 out of 10 times! I couldn't ask for photographers with a more likable personality! Their experience and professionalism shows through all of the amazing photos taken at my wedding! They made my wife and I feel so comfortable with them around. The Markows know how to be in the moment and capture it! I recommend the Markows if you are looking for remarkable quality photos!

Services Used: Photography

Cannot say enough good things about this couple and their work.
Artists! Amazing ability to see an unexpected shot, then execute it fantastically.
The portraits are original, modern, interesting, ultimately beautiful.
All the pictures wonderfully capture memories of a great day.
Also, talk about value, two top-notch photogs at one decent price!
Super nice, professional...zero issues on any front.

Services Used: Photography

The Markows are amazing. They take beautiful pictures and are also a blast to be around. You simply have fun with them. They were buzzing about all night, capturing moments that I am sure we even missed. Simply wonderful.

Private User
1+ year ago

Julianne and Steven are two amazing photographers! By chance, I heard about the Markows from a friend. They were the first and last photographers we met with- we knew right away they were the ones for us! They were friendly and easy to chat with and we both felt that we would be very comfortable with them being around us on one of the most important and personal days of our lives. They also had such a passion and excitement for their work that we couldn't help but be excited to work with them! One thing that we were looking for was all day coverage, not to have them there from sunrise to sunset, but for flexibility. They didn't charge by the hour or only shoot for 4 hours. I knew that they would be there to capture everything without having to worry about time or overage charges. They were responsive, prompt and professional in every interaction.

On our wedding day, they arrived early and were wonderful to work with. Everyone that was around that day commented on how friendly and professional they were. It rained all day and a few days before Steven e-mailed me suggesting that we get some umbrellas that we wouldn't mind having in photos. I hadn't thought of the visual aspect and made sure to go back out and get some cool clear umbrellas. I really appreciated that! With my venue being a vineyard, I had my heart set on photos outside and they braved the cold, wind and rain with me! The photos were AMAZING. I never would have wished for rain on my wedding day, but the photos made it all worth it. They captured so many wonderful moments and there is not one photo that we got that I don't love. I would highly recommend the Markows. They capture beautiful raw moments whether its a candid hug from a college friend on the dance floor or a posed embrace in the pouring rain.

Services Used: Photography

We found the Markows through an internet search (actually my husband found them!), and I am SO GLAD we used them. Julianne & Steven are fantastic. My photographer search was pretty extensive, I wanted to make sure we received great photos without paying a gazillion dollars. For our first meeting they were flexible enough to meet when & where was most convenient for us. They left me with a great first impression, and I knew I was done searching for a photographer. We set up an engagement session (again at our convenience) and went mini-golfing & to a bar for our photos (strange I know). They had great ideas for shots & made taking pictures less awkward than it normally would have been. Our engagement pictures came out AMAZING.

I thought our engagement pictures were AMAZING, well, our wedding photos blew those away! Our wedding photos are STUNNING. (I'm a little biased - but they seriously blew my mind)

We got married the day after winter storm nemo. I was so excited because I love the snow, but was sort of worried that everyone would make it! Julianne was on time & ready to shoot despite the snow. Not only that but you could tell she was really excited about taking the pictures - which I think made the pictures that much better.

They captured everything about the wedding process & didn't miss a shot.
Not only that but they were like ghosts - I didn't even notice they were there!
I kept looking at the pictures saying "whoa, how'd they get that shot?!"

I would absolutely recommend them to everyone I know!
They're both great people that are fun to work with, and they just get it.

With their talent, skills, and personality they're going to be REALLY busy!!!

Services Used: Photography

Thank you, Steven and Juli, for our beautiful wedding photos! Full disclosure: Steven is my brother. However, the family relation makes me their most obnoxious client. Nick and I hate the way we look in most pictures. The critique is inevitable: I look too fat, I smiled weird, etc., etc. etc. We are both admittedly huge pains, and for some reason Steven and Juli agreed to shoot our wedding anyway.

I was so impressed by Steven and Juli's professionalism. I'm used to seeing them in family-settings so I've never really experienced them in action. They are constantly thinking about the best possible places for photos. They scouted the venue for the best lighting as well as came up with several creative concepts throughout the day. I should also mention that we had a list of family members to take photos with, and some were more cooperative than others. Steven and Juli were patient with those guests but kept the process moving along quickly.

I was surprised how inconspicuous two people could be. I thought I'd feel like I had the camera in my face during the ceremony, but I honestly did not notice them at all. I have no idea how they managed to get such beautiful shots when I barely saw them!

After the ceremony, Steven and Juli did the impossible and made Nick and I feel comfortable in front of the camera. We wanted "photojournalism"-type photos but we're not photogenic naturally and needed some direction. Juli and Steven guided us and got some gorgeous shots. I was shocked that the end result looked so natural - the photos do not look posed at all!

I have to say that Nick and I liked how we looked in all of our wedding photos. I assure you this comment is not written lightly. We are truly difficult to please and I would not have written a review unless I was thoroughly impressed. I am so happy they agreed to be our photographers instead of just guests. Steven and Juli, thank you so much for everything. You are top-notch professionals and truly the best of the best!