The Manor

The Manor

Favorite
West Orange, NJ
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
4.7
1 Review
[Private]
0.9

Very rude staff. My fiancée was being helped and then the old lady who appeared to be the manager just kicked us out. Lost our business

[Private]

Booking with The Manor has been an easy, enjoyable experience. Our wedding is just about a year a way and everytime we mention where the reception will be we hear nothing but the best comments about The Manor. We're so excited!

4.3

I really wanted to get married in a garden and wanted the reception to be in the same place as the ceremony. When I came across the Manor, I immediately fell in love. Because of budget, we had to choose an afternoon wedding but it turned out more perfect than I could have imagined. I loved being able to rest after the wedding and see my guest again at night. The garden was absolutely breathtaking in August when we got married. The arch was covered in beautiful flowers. I've received nothing but compliments about how gorgeous the venue was and amazing the food was. My guest are still raving about it even a month later. I couldn't be more happy that I chose the Manor!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Manor did an exceptional job on our special day! Everything went exactly as planned and we had the best time. The food was absolutely delicious and our family and friends could not stop talking about it. The atmosphere was beautiful and the grounds were gorgeous as they gave us amazing backgrounds for many of our wedding pictures. The Manor made our day so very special and we would recommend them to anyone looking for the perfect wedding venue for their big day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Manor is such a classy place. The service is excellent, the location is gorgeous, the food is beyond compare! They are very responsive to feedback, which we appreciated. Our initial banquet manager was not very responsive via e-mail, and we let Preston know. He immediately took over our wedding himself and was amazing to work with throughout the process. The Manor also helped us to find our music and flower vendors, which we were so happy with! Our Maitre D, George, really made everything a smooth process on the day of the wedding. And our bridal attendant Isobel, was just perfect! We saw many more expensive venues, and we do not think they come even close to the quality of wedding The Manor puts on.

cjddimples
Recently Married

A stunningly beautiful place with all the amenities of a catering hall but none of the coldness of one. The place has personality and is memorable. The prices are reasonable, my only complaint was the ceremony charge (too much in my opinion). And they have a good environmental ethic, using a lot of locally grown vegetables, composting leftovers, and recycling. I found some staff members to be a little off-putting, but overall this place is great!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We looked at several venues but nothing compared to The Manor in terms of packages, value, and beauty! We were married at the Manor on June 7th - we had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception there. The outdoor ceremony space is beyond gorgeous - there really is no comparison. Because it rained the entire week prior, Preston (our sales manager) also reserved a separate indoor room as plan b. Thankfully we didn't need it! All of their rooms are great but we went with the Virginia room which was perfect! The room opens up to a insulated huge patio (for lack of a better word) which is where the cocktail hour was held. All doors open up to the beautiful grounds, seconds from the ceremony location. So, for our guests, everything was located in one area - extremely convenient. And access to outside!
Planning with The Manor is very easy - this is their business and they easily lay everything out for you. We worked with Preston to set everything up and Marvin was day-of coordinator. He was awesome! Super friendly, extremely attentive... he made the entire day work perfectly. I was assigned a bridal assistant as well who was AMAZING! She set up our bridal suite with champagne and food, made sure we all had water as we took pictures outside, helped me with everything - including a complicated bustle. What a gem!
We continue to get compliments on the location - how beautiful the grounds were, to the amazing food -- our guests continue to rave about the cocktail hour, in which many filled up on delicious oysters, shrimp, carving tables, and much, much more. You cannot beat the cocktail hour at The Manor. Dinner was equally as good - the duck was divine. I can't wait to return to
The Manor for dinner or their seafood buffet - the food is truly delicious.
As for brides worrying about other weddings going on... we had one wedding before ours (I never saw them) and one after (only saw the bride once while taking pictures). Do not let that bother you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Andrea
06/06/2015

OMG I have too many great things to say about this place! My wedding went so flawlessly, and everyone was raving about the food and service provided by the Manor. Our cake was AMAZING!!! We chose red velvet with cannoli cream filling and buttercream icing, everyone loved it!!! George (my maitre'd) was excellent, and so was my bridal attendant (never got her name)! You would never think that there were other events going on at the same time with this venue! We worked with Rolf for wedding planning, and he was very attentive and responsive to all the emails and requests I wrote/asked. I wish I could relive the day over and over again! Thank you so much to everyone at The Manor for making our wedding unforgettable!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at The Manor was absolutely perfect. Before committing, you might get a blase attitude on the tour, because they get so many weddings they don't really care if you don't go with them, but after you sign the contract, they are phenomenal. Preston was our go-to and he made it possible for us to plan the wedding from out-of-state by accommodating deadlines to when we would be back in town, answering questions by phone and email promptly, allowing us to send table charts electronically, and making sure that everything from cake to menu to indoor/outdoor set up was exactly to our liking. They also provided us with place cards, direction cards, and table numbers, which saved us a good deal of stress! If you can snag a day (like Sunday or off-season) where you're the only wedding, or 1 of 2, instead of 1 of 3, it's probably better.

We got about halfway through our ceremony outdoors - absolutely beautiful grounds! - before the thunderstorms hit, but it was a seamless transition to the indoor space that the Manor had already prepared. Marvin, our maitre'd and Willene, my attendant, were wonderful throughout, making sure we were eating, running my veil down to the bridal suite, directing the wedding party, and more.

Food was amazing. I wish I had been able to eat more of it, but as everyone says, you don't get to enjoy it as much as everyone else. Everybody RAVED about the food - cocktail hour oysters and all the stations we wanted just right, including substituting potstickers and shumai (Chinese bride!) . The cake came with the venue, can you believe it? And they let my maid of honor bake gluten-free cupcakes. They gave us sparkling cider instead of champagne by request and everything was handled beautifully. Unbelievable venue, can't recommend highly enough!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is amazing. The staff are all very professional and attentive. The food is to die for.

4.2

5-24-15 Wedding: Let me get the not-so-great things out of the way, but there is plenty of good so keep reading. The sales team is snobby and not very accommodating. The Manor does things a certain way and are not flexible, which can lead to issues. For instance, they will only use their own seating chart which is confusing and not well laid-out. I pleaded with them to use the one I created because my groom's fam was very adamant about their seating arrangements. Manor refused and, as I predicted, the tables were placed in the wrong spots and his family was pissed. I was blamed for it. Thanks guys. Also be warned that , you cannot have your rehearsal onsite other than Mon-Thurs. Sunday wedding and you have A LOT of out of town bridal party/family? Too bad, they're traveling way early or your rehearsal will have to be off-site. I had to do that, which was very stressful because no one knows what the space is actually like or where they will actually be standing. They also don't offer a food tasting, which is scary, but let me assure you, the food is the bomb.
Ceremony was seriously STUNNING. The flowers were just planted, but they hung beautiful floral pieces from the arches of the isle and had gorgeous planters with bright flowers all along either side of the isle. They also had vines with roses strewn on every arch. It was amazing. My pictures turned out to be incredible with all the colors and flowers and greenery! Exactly what I wanted!! Depending on the time of the year, you are not guaranteed this much glory in the garden, and they will make that clear.
My guests raved about the food. The amount and quality were both superb. Especially the cocktail hour. What an overwhelming amount of delicious food! And our cake was beautiful AND delicious! Not kidding. They let you pick from a ton of flavors and real fruit and creams in between layers! We did classic vanilla with strawberries and bananas and Bavarian cream! It was SO GOOD!
Overall a great experience!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at The Manor was a dream come true. Everything about the night was perfect and the venue was just stunning. The ceremony in the outdoor garden is a must! The cocktail reception in the starlight garden room was magical. The food and staff were superb. We were so thrilled with the whole day and couldn't have asked for anything better.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just had our wedding reception at the Manor back in April, and all I can say is that they did an amazing job. I would 100% have it here again if I had to choose again.
Preston was my wedding planner. He was quick to respond and very nice to work with. He made sure everything ran exactly how it was planned. The place looked great. The food was very tasty, and my guests were all very happy.
The cocktail hour was spectacular, everybody kept talking about it.
The staff was very friendly and my cake was delicious and beautiful. Thank you The Manor for providing a stress free, beautiful, perfect wedding reception! And thank you so much Preston for everything!

Recently Married

We loved having our wedding at The Manor! The gentleman who conducted everything for us, Rolf, was exceptionally pleasant! The food was incredible. The venue is an overall dream!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are Beyond happy with the service and attention provided by the staff at the Manor. Our manager and Matre 'd staff were outstanding. We highly recommend this beautiful venue for any occasion.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best place for the best price for its 100% satisfactory quality. Thank you =)