The Madison Hotel

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I went to college at Fairleigh Dickinson, and knew then that the Conservatory was where I wanted to get married. So far everything has been great. Looking forward to continuing planning!

Private User
07/19/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Madison Hotel conservatory. It was truly beautiful. From the moment we saw it we fell in love with the space. The conservatory combines the best of both worlds having a gorgeous outside look and feel with the comforts of the indoors and stunning chandeliers. We could not have wished for or imagined a more beautiful setting for our wedding. The food and staff were truly amazing as well. We could not tell you how many compliments we got from our guests about the venue from the exquisite cuisine, to the beautiful surroundings, to the exceptional service. From the start we worked with Tim. He and the entire catering staff were extremely professional, helpful, and patient with our numerous questions and helping to make our dream wedding come true. Charles was our Maître De. He offered helpful suggestions and did a great job of putting us at ease and making sure everything went seamlessly the day of our wedding. It was truly a pleasure to work with Charles, Tim and the entire staff to make it a perfect day.

The Madison Hotel responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words and I am thrilled to hear how happy you were with the setting of our beautiful Conservatory, the food and our staff! We truly appreciate having had this opportunity to serve you and we hope to see you around The Madison very soon!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at The Madison Hotel was amazing! We had our ceremony and reception in The Conservatory and it was beyond perfect. Everything was set-up perfectly without myself or my husband having to give the staff specific instructions. We had Sara as our wedding coordinator and she was great with answering all my emails and helping to guide us with the wedding process (we were clueless). Our maitre d was Joe Z. and he was fantastic, he checked on myself and my husband throughout the night and even helped us make a last minute table change. I would highly recommend this venue, it is beautiful, unique, and everyone at The Madison Hotel is highly experienced with running a wedding (which was a HUGE help).

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Elizabeth
04/25/2015

My daughter's wedding reception was held in the Ballroom of the Madison Hotel. The staff headed by
Maitre D',Joe Zimmerman was outstanding, they were polite, very professional and prompt at meeting our needs. They contributed to my daughter and her husband having the wedding of their dreams. The food was beautifully presented and delicious,the wedding cake was outstanding in decorations and taste, the Ice carvings for the cocktail hour were perfect. I can not think of one thing that needed improvement! It was so well done! Thank you to everyone involved in the planning and execution of the event -job very well done!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Private User
Recently Married

They were so professional and the venue was perfect!! We were able to do our pictures there before hand and it was perfect! Tim was our maitre d and was so helpful and amazing when working with us! Loved everything from the food to the staff to the venue!

Sasha
1 Review
11/14/2014

Beautiful venue, excellent staff and amazing food!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Madison Hotel made our special day magical! Everyone was so attentive and accommodating! Charles our maître d' was truly incredible!! He was constantly checking to make sure my husband and I were okay. He brought us food and drinks to enjoy during the cocktail hour before we greeted our guest so we could also savor some of the hor d'ourves. The Conservatory room was breathtaking!!! I wouldn't pick another location for our wedding reception. From the food, location, and service everything was absolute perfection! I would highly recommend the Madison Hotel for your wedding reception!

Lourdes,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that you were happy with Charles's services and you thought everything was perfect including the food, location and service! All the best to you and Kyle and I hope to see you again at the Madison very soon.

Best wishes,

Tim MacHale, Director of Catering

Briana
10/11/2014

My new husband and myself, along with our parents have so much gratitude for everything that The Madison Hotel did for us at our wedding. Up until the wedding, Tim was very helpful. I would have a laundry list of things that I wanted and, without saying anything again, it was done. Carolina was our maitre'd and I can not say enough about what she did so that there was zero stress for all of us involved. We always knew what was happening next and there were so many things that happened without me even knowing! She even made arrangements for everything from the changing room, as well as extra food, be put in our hotel room... even before we checked in! Besides their help for us, guests told us over and over again that it was the best wedding they had ever seen and that everyone at the hotel was incredibly nice. We had many out-of-town guests and, given the stereotypes of New Jersey, the hotel squashed all of those thoughts. The grounds, staff, food, location, and hotel itself lived up to our expectations- and then some. This was the perfect place to have a wedding with a beautiful backdrop (rain or shine) and great food, traveling guests, and a great time!!

Briana,
I am so glad to here that you, Nicholas and your parents were thrilled with our food, service and staff. I often here from guests that the wedding they attended at The Madison was, "the best party they had ever been too"! All the best in the future and I hope to see you again very soon!

Warm regards,

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I must admit that I had dreamed about having my wedding at the Madison Hotel Conservatory before I met my husband. When I got engaged it was the first (and only) place I looked. When I brought my husband and our parents to check it out...everyone was in agreement. It was the perfect place for us to get married.

I can not say enough good things about working with our maitre d, Joe Zimmerman. His easy going personality made me feel so less stressed planning all the details. He accommodated me with every request...ranging from spending extra time helping my officiant feel comfortable (my bridesmaid who had never performed a ceremony before) to ordering a special beer for my dad. He always promptly responded to all of my many emails with all sorts of random questions and requests. Every step of the way Joe was on top of things and I never felt like I had to worry about anything.

The day of the wedding everything was flawless. The staff were all fabulous and I truly do not have one complaint. People always say that the day of the wedding expect that something will go wrong, but for me, everything was perfect! One month later I am still beaming with happiness thinking about much fun my wedding was.

After a year of wedding planning, Travis and I both think of Joe as and friend and we look forward to stopping into Rod's and the Madison for a visit in the future.

Our wedding was truly a magical night and I am so thankful to Joe Zimmerman and all the Madison staff that truly provide amazing service. We can not thank the Madison Hotel enough for giving us the most beautiful and perfect wedding day.

Love Kristi and Travis

michael
08/31/2014

Amazing Venue. Could not be happier with our service, food, and everything frankly. They made our wedding so special and easy, it was such a huge asset booking this venue. I highly reccomend The madison to any and all!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My now husband and I decided in April that we wanted to get married this summer. With very little time and very discouraging options in terms of venue space, food, price up until that point, we decided to stop into the Madison, without an appointment and were blown away by the professionalism of Mr. Charles Dietz and the graceful grandeur of the Madison, especially the Conservatory. Enclosed in glass with flowering plants and grand chandeliers, it is equally stunning at day and night and fit perfectly with our garden theme. We were then excited to hear the vast menu options that would please our guests' varied palates, whether it was vegetarian, asian, etc. Astonishingly, the prices were cheaper than many of the other places we had seen and hated! Charles was very kind, organized and helpful, never giving us a "hard sell" and was there to answer any questions/concerns we had promptly and graciously. We were excited to have him as our maitre'd the day of our wedding, which he executed with his team flawlessly to the last detail, making sure that I was never in want of anything. All of our guests were impressed, which made me one very happy bride. Thank you to Charles and staff for the memories of a lifetime! :)

Lora
08/09/2014

The Madison Hotel is a gorgeous place to have a wedding. The staff is very attentive and the food is awesome!

Mary Jo
07/05/2014

My daughter just had her wedding reception at The Madison Hotel and it was truly exceptional. From the planning stages to the cocktail hour and reception, every single person at The Madison Hotel was helpful, professional and amazing. The food at the cocktail hour was absolutely to die for and the guests raved about the wedding dinner. The Conservatory looked like something out of a fairy tale - absolutely beautiful. The service was outstanding and we could not have been happier. We would recommend most highly The Madison Hotel as a wonderful wedding venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had always dreamed about having my wedding reception in the Conservatory at the Madison Hotel, and when my fiance and I got engaged that dream came true. We were able to work with everyone at the Madison regarding blocking hotel rooms, choosing food and appetizers, decor and setup, and overall planning of the wedding. Every single person that we interacted was truly exceptional in helping us plan and deliver a one of a kind wedding reception. They were so flexible, patient, kind, understanding, and professional as changes arose. The Conservatory was absolutely gorgeous for our wedding reception it was more than we could have ever dreamed of. One of our favorite parts about our wedding reception was the food. It was delicious and there was something for everyone. All of our wedding guests raved about how good the food was, and even some of our guests took home doggie bags. My personal favorite was the ice cream sundae bar. Since all of the staff at the Madison are so professional the service was outstanding. Every aspect of our reception went off without a hitch, and everyone felt that they were in such good hands. We would highly recommend the Madison Hotel for any event, and a big thank you to them for making our day so special!

Erin and Evan Chaney

Hi Erin and Evan,

Thank you for your kind words and for letting me know that you were completely satisfied with our food, service, flexibility and professionalism! I am so glad we made you feel special and I truly appreciate you recommending us for events. Best wishes for a happy and healthy life together and I hope to see you around The Madison again very soon.

Sincerely,

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Madison Hotel was the perfect backdrop for our Fourth of July wedding. Jeff and I were so pleased with their professionalism and class. Charles, the Catering Manager, was our first contact and helped us to envision what our wedding day would look like at the Madison Hotel. Sara, The Catering Sales Manager, worked hand in hand with Charles and helped us with ironing out all the details for our big day, giving us ideas, etc. Tim, the Director of Catering, was our Maitre D for our wedding day, and never left our side. From the moment I entered the hotel the night before the big day, until the moment I left with my husband the day after the wedding, the entire staff was amazing. I will never forget my experience at the Madison Hotel. Jeff and I plan to return to spend our first anniversary.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

While looking for the perfect wedding venue I knew I wanted something outdoors but, everything was so pricey everywhere and I was worried about weather. Then one day while looking through a bridal magazine I saw The Madison Hotel conservatory!! It was perfect so gorgeous and unique! Bringing the outside inside! We knew right away this was our place. Joe helped us from beginning to end, great communication through phone and email, gave us great advice, helped through the rehearsal and reception knowing exactly what to do every step of the way, which really put my mind at ease! All of our guests complimented the food, service and beauty of this hotel. The cakes to choose from are all divine and the ice cream bar is delicious and was such a hit! What you get here at the Madison it really makes your money go a LONG way! Joe and the entire staff at the Madison executed every detail of my wedding perfectly! They made our day magical! We highly recommend using this venue!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake