The Luv Shack on the River

• Professionalism:  5.0
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0

Elaine 5 Reviews
Juanita and David were very helpful and went out of their way to help us.
Wedding: 10/26/2013
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  5.0
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0

Emily 2 Reviews
We booked the Luv Shack on the River in February of 2013 for a September 2013 wedding. Their schedule was packed so we chose to do a Sunday evening wedding just so that we could have the wedding there. The venue was exactly what we had hoped for. A little rustic but beautiful when the decorations were all in place.
Juanita stayed in close contact with us during the months leading up to the wedding, and even offered several "vendor days" so that we could meet and visit with potential vendors and just hang around the barn to get more decorating ideas etc.
Juanita offered several great suggestions and was right there to help on the day of the wedding.
If you are interested in a barn venue for a wedding I would recommend that you visit with Juanita and go onsite to see her beautiful location.
Wedding: 09/15/2013
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
I had my wedding at The Luv Shack on the River this past September. It was such a beautiful wedding. Juanita Sanchez is the lady that owns it and she's so sweet. We booked the barn about a year (or more) out from the actual date. The price is a STEAL and they've added a few very nice upgrades to the barn since we signed. They were very nice in letting us use some things for free. Some were "extras" but a lot was offered to us if we wanted to use it. The floor isn't very "fancy" but usually barn weddings are more low key. The bridal suite that my girls and I stayed in for the day was hot, hot, hot! There was a floor a/c unit and 2 fans going, but it was still hot in there and it was only about upper 70's outside. There were also a bunch of bugs in the fields (ceremony was in the back field) which would be nice if they tried to fix that. But, really, if you can't handle the outdoors and nature, a barn wedding seems off for you. haha I'd also like if they offered better transportation for handicapped if you're having the ceremony somewhere other than in or directly outside the barn. I had a few elderly people that were driven down by a family member in the car.

But, really, over all everything was amazing. If I needed vendor recommendations, Juanita was there to help. If we needed ideas or wanted to be left alone to set everything up, she accomodated. At one point, the night before, we were getting the alcohol ready. It was about 10:30pm and we realized we forgot a cork screw. I called her and, unfortunately she was out (I felt so bad for calling her while she was out having fun!). But she assured me it was fine and actually called her son to bring us a cork screw from the house. It was just all the little things that they did that really made all the difference.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful barn wedding!!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago