The Lodges at Gettysburg

(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We cannot be more happy with our choice to have our wedding reception here! From the very first tour until our big day everyone was so helpful. Beth is amazing and is prompt to answer any of the many questions we had. We chose to only have our reception here, but were still able to use the outdoor areas for pictures. The glory ridge ball room is beautiful and was plenty of room for our 160 guests. The room has a rustic touch to it which made it more personal for us. I have received so many compliments and statements of "That was the best wedding food I have ever had!" that we have lost count. We cannot thank them enough, and anyone who is lucky enough to secure a date to have their wedding that The Lodges at Gettysburg will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't speak highly enough of The Lodges at Gettysburg! From the moment that we set up our first meeting with them to view their site through the breakfast on Sunday morning after our wedding--they were perfect! Beth, the coordinator, was always polite, responsive, professional and very very helpful with any and all needs we had throughout our 18 month planning process. The day of, she kept everything organized and kept the schedule moving with ease. We were scheduled to be outside but due to the brisk temperature, we decided to move indoors--Beth and the Staff made the transition quick and easy without any help from myself or my family. Beth removed all stress and allowed us to just enjoy the day. The Staff was kind and professional during the entire event--they served dinner warm and quickly and made sure all glasses were full with water or champagne. The price we paid for the amount of food and alcohol we recieved was incredible and so worth every penny. The food was out of this world--we still have guests raving about how good it was! We can't thank Beth and her team enough for everything they did to make our day and weekend perfect!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After looking online for awhile, we came across the lodges and immediately fell in love! We both have very different taste, he wanted more of what I call a ballroom style reception, and I'm a total country girl and love anything rustic! This fit both of our needs! The icing on the cake was the fact that all of his family is from upstate NY and the cabins were perfect for all of our out of town guest. A lot of them said they wanted to come back to the lodges just for regular vacation, because the cabins were so beautiful!
Beth, Melanie and Susie were great to work with too!! I liked the fact that they give you an option for outside or inside for the ceremony, We had the ceremony outside by the pond, and thank goodness the weather was absolutely perfect!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Lodges at Gettysburg were fabulous!! The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Our friends and family all agree it was a great venue with the best food!

• Wedding: Recently Married
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a private wedding ceremony at the lake in October and then had a brunch reception in December in the ballroom. This venue is awesome and Beth is amazing!!! We were so impressed during our initial visit there that we set our dates for both the wedding and the reception on the spot! Beth and her staff made the planning for and the day of the events effortless for a slightly nervous bride. The food was fantastic and there was certainly plenty of it. I would give Beth and the Lodges more than 5 stars if I could!

• Wedding: 10/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our wedding here this fall, and I will say it went better than expecred. Beth was a pleasure to work with, as was the rest of the staff. After personally working in the catering business, I had very high expectations. We were pleased with everything. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the location is and how amazing the food was. I would recommend the lodges to anyone.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone who was at our wedding is still raving about how amazing this venue was, and how amazing our day of coordinator Ericka was. I would repeat the day in a heart beat, it was stress free, we had time to enjoy, and it was everything we could dream of. The ceremony was outside and it was absolutely gorgeous. Beth and Ericka both helped developed a backup plan in case of rain or cold. The reception hall is breathtaking along with everything else there. The touches the lodges put on themselves allow you to have minimal decorating if you choose. I also had my hair and make-up done at the spa which was absolutely amazing, everyone is still commenting on how well she did (am I not one to wear makeup). The Lodges worked with our schedule and was easy to get in touch with. We are already talking about having anniversary parties there in years to come. The cabins are absolutely amazing as well, and we are already planning a trip up there! Our guest loved it, we loved it, and we can not thank Ericka and Beth enough!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't have asked for a better place to get married! The lake was a perfect ceremony site, the view is amazing, and the reception hall is a great size. Beth and Susie were wonderful throughout the entire night, as well as with all the planning beforehand. Our family members and friends couldn't say enough about this place and the lodges they stayed in that evening! If you are looking for a place to get married, definitely check out The Lodges! You won't regret it!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have always wanted a weekend get-away feeling for my wedding. The Lodges at Gettysburg made that possible. We had many out of town guests and their multiple lodging options allowed all of our guests to stay on location in hotel like accommodations. Many guests took advantage of historical location and came early in the week to be tourists. We had an outdoor picnic rehearsal dinner down by the pond on Friday night, the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception on Saturday, and then a wonderful brunch on Sunday morning. We also did bonfires Friday and Saturday night. All of the guests loved not having to drive to multiple locations and all of the staff were very helpful with any questions or needs. The food was amazing and was true to what we had at the tasting. Beth and her team were great! Beth was very responsive and helped me with whatever I was asking for.
The rooms and outdoor areas are beautiful and seem to get better each season. The staff was available when you needed them, but did not hover and intrude in the festivities.
I was extremely happy with my wedding weekend and loved everything about the Lodges at Gettysburg!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Lodges of Gettysburg was my perfect venue! We fell in love with this place as soon as we saw it and our day was absolutely perfect. Having Susie help us on the day of our wedding made everything go over smoothly and we couldn't have asked for anything more! Our guests gave us so many compliments on our beautiful ceremony site, and wonderful reception room. Everything was lovely! Thank you to everyone at the Lodges who made our day amazing!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about The Lodges at Gettysburg! I am not from Gettysburg, but loved visiting the town my whole life. When I found this gem, I knew it was a strong contender. One aspect of this venue I really appreciated was the freedom to ask questions and to be heard. They were very prompt with communication and always very professional and quick to respond. My June ceremony was on a Sunday morning and so a lot of family came to stay the night before. Through the Lodges at Gettysburg, we rented a tent with tables and chairs which was set up outside near our stay rooms prior to our arrival. We ordered pizza from a local pizzeria, brought our own beverages, and had ourselves a bit of a party that Saturday night, and I know my family really enjoyed that. The lake side ceremony site was really nice, and it was comforting knowing that if it were to rain, the ceremony could be moved inside without issue. I had a bridal suite to get ready in, which is where my mom did my hair and makeup. Our reception was catered by the Carriage House Inn, and was a brunch. The food was so delicious! Much better than I could’ve ever hope for, and because it was buffet style, my guests were able to eat as they pleased, without any food going to waste. Our reception was held in the wine room, rather than the ball room, with seating extending onto the porch which I loved. The rooms were clean and elegant, and I can't get over how nice the rustic feel was. I very much look forward to returning to the Lodges at Gettysburg to celebrate our anniversary from time to time. The morning after our wedding, I woke up early, made coffee, sat on the porch and watched the fog burn off the rolling fields… it was so special, and I can't thank the Lodges at Gettysburg enough for the whole experience!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Lodges at Gettysburg was the perfect place for our reception! Beth & Erica were fantastic to work with during the months of planning and on the night of the wedding!! Denise was also great in communicating with us continuously in regards to our lodging bookings and the needs of our guests. The food was amazing and all of our guests commented on how beautiful the view/location was as well as the reception room! We even had a bonfire after the reception for our overnight guests - this was an extra that most venue sites don't offer!! All in all - 5 stars and would recommend to all of our engaged friends and family!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Lodges at Gettysburg was absolutely fantastic. Beth and her team at The Lodges made planning a wedding so easy and fun! My now husband and I fell in love with the place the first time we visited. We looked forward to our appointments each time we went. The grounds are beautiful and the cabins make for the perfect location to have a wedding. We LOVED having a bonfire after our reception and cannot thank The Lodges at Gettysburg enough for everything they did for us! Definitely would recommend having your reception there! THANK YOU!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We recently had our wedding and reception at the lodges and it was more than perfect! We aren't from the area but are living near Baltimore. We wanted a fun venue in a more low key area that would double as a cute vacation spot for our friends and family that all had to travel. I randomly found this gem on LivingSocial and after one site visit I was sold! It was so convenient to have a wedding coordinator to help with decorations, catering, and all the details I never would've thought of- she was so helpful and sweet too, I couldn't have pulled it off without her! The rooms we used we so gorgeous we only needed minimal decorations; it was the perfect mix of natural beauty and elegance. We tend to be quite adventurous so many of our guests were worried when they heard "lodges," but everyone loved having the privacy of their own lodge and were shocked with the modern amenities and affordable prices. I wouldn't have changed a thing! :)

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Lodges at Getttysburg was a beautiful venue! The staff was very helpful and accomodating throughout the entire process!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't have picked a better venue. This property is gorgeous!! Our ceremony was originally planned to be outdoors but when it started pouring we had no choice but to move it indoors. The lodge was decorated beautifully! Beth, our coordinator, was so helpful. We continue to get compliments on how gorgeous the main lodge was! My husband and I plan on going back for our anniversary.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
717-642-2500
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards