The Links at Firestone Farms

• Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

The place and location are beautiful! The barn is perfect and my dream come true. Debbie, the Event Coordinator, however, is not. She is more of a nightmare. She made planning my wedding (from Virginia) awful. She never responded to emails or calls until I finally sent her a mean email and all of the sudden she got that. She got rude with my parents and I several times. She kept telling me I couldn't do certain things, which is not what you tell a bride. She did not make me feel special at all. They allow you to bring your own alcohol to be served, which is awesome and a few days before the wedding I emailed her to make sure there would be soda/pop available to our guests to drink and she took that as we were going to be doing shots and mixed drinks?? which she then sent a rude email back stating that she does not allow shots and at any time she can shut down the bar.... which is funny because the guests coming are not "that type" of people. And the cop we hired for the wedding told us we were the best group he's ever had (Take that, Debbie). I then hear that the day of the wedding she was telling certain guests we were out of certain wine which is funny bc we ended up having a case left... My wedding was beautiful and everything was perfect, no thanks to Debbie. If The Links were to hire a new Event Coordinator it would be the best place to get married. Until then, good luck with the added stress and rudeness Debbie will bring to you life!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

The place is beautiful, we had a wedding in the barn, which was home to a racoon. We were told that we could come the night before to decorate the hall. At the last minute, Debbie changed her mind and we had to come the morning of the wedding to decorate. Debbie is all nice during the planning, them she will completely turn on you. The food was fresh especially the uncooked potatoes and broccoli, which they were asked to remove from table and didn't. We believe they kept most of the leftover food. Then we'll talk about the various tenders. Poor excuses. We had guests who wanted to do a shot. Nope not allowed, when Debbie was confronted by the grooms father, she was going to throw him out. Poor service for out drinking guests, they just couldn't mix drinks. Overall the place is beautiful, the manager and help were not professional or personable.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful venue, great food and service. Very difficult to contact and get answers to questions before the wedding. Even after several meetings and emails, Debbie still acted like she had never met us until two weeks before the wedding! Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding though :)

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food is amazing. The venue is beautiful. They have different color linen to choose beside white and ivory. It's convenient for smokers. The only problem is they are not quick with responding to emails or remembering what was discussed until your last meeting it gets done just annoying I guess. Reasonable price too.

• Wedding: 06/25/2011
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

It took a day or two for debbie to get back to me, charged extra wehn i added an extra table last minute, and then 15 guests didnt show that i paid for anyway. 2 guests found glass in their salad and the food was put away after the guests were barely seated with their first plate. great location and view, but they are def out to m ake money not friends.

• Wedding: 01/22/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Links at Firestone Farms is beautiful. The room is nice and open with tons of window that overlook the golf course and a large balcony outside. The decore is very neutral and goes with any color scheme. Everyone we worked with there were extremely nice and helpful. The food was great and at a great price. You can take your own alcohol into the venue which is a huge money saver. I loved everything about the Links!

• Wedding: 09/04/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The Link's at Firestone Farms banquet hall is beautiful. During the reception the sun was setting over the golf course and it created a beautiful backdrop for photographs. We loved the open balcony where I guest could enjoy the weather and how much light the windows brought into the hall. I definately didn't feel like the same old wedding reception banquet hall you see everywhere else.

• Wedding: 08/29/2009