The King's Daughters Inn

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about the King's Daughters Inn. I am SO glad we chose this as our venue. All of our guests loved staying in the Inn and having all of our wedding events there. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is amazing, and the food is to die for. The staff made my wedding so much less stressful, and I could really enjoy the weekend with our guests. Thank you Deanna, Wayne, and all the other staff for all their hard work and attention. We'll definitely be back to stay in the inn!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We would highly recommend King's Daughters Inn for a wedding, a reunion or any gathering of family and friends. My husband and I secured King's Daughters Inn in Durham for the weekend of our son's wedding. We held the rehearsal dinner there on Friday night, and had a gathering there on Saturday between the afternoon wedding and the evening reception. The lovely facility provided the perfect opportunity for lots of informal visiting for family throughout the weekend. Renting the Inn maximized mingling between relatives all of whom had traveled from out of state. The bride chose to have all of her attendants get ready in the Trinity Suite with hair stylists and a make up artist. The lowest level provided ample room for the youngest family members to hang out and get away from adult activity if so desired. We were very pleased with the lovely accommodations and highly recommend it as a venue to maximize visiting time during a weekend. We displayed photos of the couple getting married throughout the Inn which offered warmth and a personal touch. The staff helped by arranging and displaying flowers I provided around the inn. The rehearsal dinner was lovely in the beautiful dining room, with the buffet set up in the adjoining room. We were able to display photo slide shows of the couple which added to the ambiance. The staff was helpful in offering suggestions and answering our questions to have a good "flow" of the guests throughout the events. They distributed gift bags that we had provided to the rooms before check in, and collected our belongings (photos and flower arrangements) Sunday morning to expedite check out. It was wonderful to be able to deliver items (decorations, beverages) the day before, as well as to be able to store some items until later in the day Sunday when we were able to collect them at our convenience. Having the whole place to ourselves created the perfect weekend for a perfect wedding at the Duke Chapel.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to The King's Daughter's Inn! My guests are raving that my wedding was the most sophisticated and elegant wedding they've attended! KDI is such a beautifully appointed venue for a wedding and reception. There is no B&B that comes close to this place! The KDI staff were so helpful and knowledgeable about every detail of my wedding, and my guests loved their accommodations. I am truly happy I stumbled upon this venue and would recommended it to any bride and groom looking for an intimate location to host a wedding, reception or both.

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our overall experience with KDI was extremely positive. KDI is the perfect venue for a wedding weekend. The quaintness of the Inn created a space where our wedding guests, many from all over the country and many who did not know each other, were able to feel comfortable and enjoy meeting each other. All of our guests loved staying at KDI. Instead of feeling like they were attending a wedding, our guests felt like they were part of the wedding. Renting out the Inn provides great value as we were able to use the dining room and parlor for our rehearsal dinner and reception as part of the package. KDI also provided lines, glassware, plates, and silverware for our events, which saved us money since we did not have to rent those items. Maite Vigil, KDI's Event Manager, was very helpful throughout the planning process and the wedding weekend. She was also understanding and very patient with a few last minute requests that we asked of her. Maite provided us with a list of preferred vendors, several of which we used and provided top quality service to us. I have nothing but praise for KDI! Our wedding weekend was a success!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
Jonathan
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our family had such an amazing and special time at the King's Daughters Inn. They were so flexible when we decided last minute to have a day after wedding brunch. The accommodations were spectacular! It was an amazing experience.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Emily
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married at the Duke gardens and rented out the Inn for the entire weekend for our family and closest friends. We hosted our welcome dinner for all wedding guests at the Inn on Friday night. Maite was a pleasure to work with and helped coordinate food/beverages for our event on Friday evening. All the guests raved about how cute the rooms were and also about the friendly staff. Maite and Deanna made everyone feel at home and were very accommodating to special needs. I stayed in the Trinity suite and had my hair and makeup done in the suite on the wedding day, and it was perfect. Pictures came out GORGEOUS. I had such a great experience at the Inn and would highly recommend it for a wedding weekend or just a normal stay. Also, the breakfast at the Inn is incredible. My wedding experience would not have been the same if we stayed somewhere other than KDI - it was truly a memorable day and I am so glad that KDI and Maite were a part of it!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about how helpful Maite and KDI staff were in setting the stage for a beautiful and joyful wedding and reception on Sunday. Thank you so much. The venue was perfect, surpassed only by the service. You made my daughter's day one to remember fondly for years to come.

• Wedding: 01/26/2014
lori
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you want a winter wedding and you want it indoors AND you want everything to go smoothly, this is the place. The price was perfect, the staff members did a fabulous job making sure everything was in place. I highly recommend The King's Daughters Inn!

• Wedding: 01/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We stumbled upon KDI for hosting our wedding weekend through my maid of honor, who had some corporate experience with the boutique B&B. We could not have been more pleased with our wedding weekend arrangements. We worked closely with Deanna throughout the experience. We contracted out the inn for the whole weekend. Our wedding party and immediate family were able to all be in one location (very few were local). The accommodations are first-class. We had the Rehearsal Dinner in the dining room on Friday evening and a food truck parked for everyone on Saturday night! We can not recommend KDI enough! Even though there were lots of memories made at our wedding venue there were many more made here -- from getting ready in the Trinity Suite to the food truck dinner!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have chosen a better place to have my wedding ceremony and reception! KDI is decorated beautifully, and is such a warm and relaxing place. The staff and owners were wonderful to work with in planning my special day. They were extremely organized and well prepared to handle all the little details of the day. They also allow you to choose the vendors of your own liking, but can also recommend some fantastic vendors. I got ready for the wedding in the Trinity Suite, which was the perfect place for feeling pampered while having my hair and makeup done. The best part about having my wedding at KDI was that our family (many of whom live out of town) and out of town friends stayed at the inn the night of the wedding, so it felt as though the wedding lasted the entire weekend. My new husband and I were able to visit with our family and friends at breakfast the next morning in the dining room (by the way, their breakfasts are so delicious!). My family had an extended stay at the inn and thoroughly enjoyed their stay.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
Viki
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Simply amazing! Surprisingly reasonable, and worth every penny. I almost didn't even look into this venue, since I just assumed it was too pricey. It is absolutely gorgeous and the staffs attention to detail is impeccable. And the prices, really not bad at all if you are renting out the entire Inn, which we did for our wedding of about 70 people. We did have quite a few out of town guests, so they helped defray some of the cost. Everyone commented about how nice the Inn was, and how unique the setting was. I did not want to have your standard reception in a hotel ballroom, and this was perfect! With three rooms that people can go to talk or dance the atmosphere was wonderful. And the next morning, the elves had cleaned up most of our mess from the night before! I was terrified when the events coordinator left a couple months before my wedding, but Deanna is a gem and did not let the ball drop in the slightest. King's Daughters Inn made our wedding what it was, which was wonderful and intimate.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The King's Daughters Inn is a wonderful venue for a wedding under the right circumstances. For my wedding, over 3/4 of the guests were arriving from out of town. It was so much fun to have both families and close friends all staying at the Inn for a weekend. Our wedding was in the parlor, which is a magical setting when you get the light coming in just right in the late afternoon. It can only hold 50-60 people though, so small weddings onlly! The guests also enjoyed the intimate setting and the couch seating. It was nice to have the reception in the same place as the wedding. During dinner the staff rearranged the parlor for dancing. There was plenty of room for a live band (5 musicians) and dancing.

Every room in the Inn is unique, and all of the rooms are beautiful. The prices when you rent the entire Inn are very good.

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The minute I walked into The King's Daughters Inn, I knew that was the place that I needed to have my wedding at. I literally walked room to room just amazed at how gorgeous each one was and the attention to detail from the headboards to the fabrics to the mirrors (just to name a few!). We reserved the whole Inn, hosted about 35 people, we had afternoon tea in the sunroom, the ceremony in the parlor, cocktail hour in the sunroom and main hall, dinner in the dining room, and then back to the parlor which had been flipped for our reception and dancing. Everyone had a fantastic time and loved their rooms that they got to spend the night in. The next morning at breakfast, we had numerous thank you's that it was the best wedding that they had ever been to. I extend a huge thank you to Samantha, Deanna, Colin and the KDI staff for their time, energy, and effort for making our wedding such a wonderful event. I can honestly say our day was perfect, not a thing went wrong, and I wouldn't have changed a single thing about it. I can't say enough how much I love KDI and I will forever speak their praises!!

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
Kerri
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A very intimate venue for a small crowd. Personalized attention with flexibility for personal choices. The finishes are lovely and warm - elegant and comfortable. I highly recommend The King's Daughters Inn - the owners & on staff event planner were a pleasure to work with - the personalized attention was fantastic !! Pam

• Wedding: 02/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can't say enough about this venue - expect that we firmly believe this choice made our wedding. We held the ceremony and reception here, and all of our out of town guests stayed here through the wedding weekend which was such an outstanding set up. The Inn was just beautiful for every aspect of our event, from location to common areas to each unique guest room - having everyone in one place and able to relax together and wander from room to room to visit was unbelievable. We also took advantage of the Trinity Suite for our night before and wedding night and it was perfect. We were able to get a lot of beautiful photos in the sunroom of that suite as well as throughout the Inn. Samantha worked with us to coordinate all of the venue details from the day we wandered in still fresh off our decision to get married and made the whole planning process super efficient and frankly, just a real pleasure! We can't wait to come back for our first anniversary.

• Wedding: 02/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful people to work with and a great atmosphere for a wedding. Samantha helped us put all our ideas into action and we couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
919-354-7000
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards