The Hudson Cakery

The Hudson Cakery

Custom Cakes that taste as good as they look.

By Appointment Only
1816 Willow Ave.
Weehawken, NJ 07086 | map
Desserts: Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great service and an absolutely amazing cake; truly unique!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It has been exactly one month since my wedding and I am not exaggerating when I say that I still have friends telling me that my cake was the best wedding cake they've ever had! (Chocolate Cake with Oreo Buttercream filling)

On top of the quality of the cake, Jenn (the head cake designer), is a doll and such a pleasure to work with. She brought my vision to life and took my budget into full consideration.

I recommend Hudson Cakery with the utmost confidence that anyone who uses them for their event will be 110% satisfied with the results!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jennifer at the Hudson Cakery was absolutely amazing! My wife and I had a wonderful tasting and let Jennifer know the style of cake we were interested in. We gave her a basic idea of what we wanted but really left the design up to her. When we saw it for the first time displayed on the table at our wedding, we were absolutely in love with it. It was so elegant and beautiful and we could not have asked for a better cake. She was also extremely professional to work with, very flexible, very responsive and the cake itself was a great value (especially compared to the prices in NYC and elsewhere in the area). If you are looking for a wonderful wedding cake and a great vendor to work with, look no further than Jennifer and The Hudson Cakery! Oh, and her cakes are absolutely delicious!

The Hudson Cakery responded with the following comments:

Oh my goodness, thanks so much for writing Daniel! I'm so glad we could make your day a little sweeter : ) Congrats again to you and Zoie!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Didn't look as I expected and taste wasn't as good like in the cake tasting but it still looked nice and tasted pretty good.

4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was for my Engagement Party and Jennifer was very flexible and understood exactly what I wanted. We had a great time at our cake tasting appointment and was able to create our own unique cake with the yummy butter-cream filings. On the day of our Engagement the cake looked exactly like we wanted it. Although, unbelievably the bottom tier was kind of dry but overall the cake tasted amazing. Thank you so much!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Met with the owner directly for a tasting. She was kind, considerate, professional and very passionate about her work. The cake was the best I have ever had. I would buy cake for any and every event I have in the future.

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
Anna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake and the work done by Jennifer from Hudson Cakery. From the moment we met her, Jennifer made us feel very comfortable and willing to help us through every step along the way. Our Red velvet wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. I highly reccommend Hudson Cakery for your wedding cake or any other event. Did I also mention that the price was amazing for the quality received?? Thanks again to Jennifer!

• Wedding: 03/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I asked The Hudson Cakery to make custom cookies as favors for my October wedding. Jennifer was a joy to work with and she delivered exactly what I asked for. And the cookies tasted good too! My guests were asking for seconds! I was very pleased with her work and the overrall experience. I would definitely recommend her to others.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Services Used: Favors & Gifts

A+++!

Jenn is an absolute treasure to work with and over-delivers. Our four tiered wedding cake was gorgeous and so delicious- we received countless compliments from our guests.

In addition, Jenn herself is the nicest person in the world to work with. She really cares about her customers and wants to make you and your groom happy! I would happily recommend her and look forward to using Hudson Cakery for other baked goods, too!

• Wedding: 09/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jenn was great! She created a surprise groom's cake for our wedding. She was easy to work with and the cake was delicious and gluten free! Thanks, Jenn!

• Wedding: 08/04/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

THANK YOU for a job well done!
My mom and I really loved the final result of the cake as well as how the
monogram tied it all together.

It was surely delicious and everyone enjoyed it.
I look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

Jennifer was absolutely a delight to work with and was very responsive. She really worked with us to get what we wanted at the quality and price we were looking for.

• Wedding: 07/28/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Jennifer's services for our wedding cake and her final product exceeded our expectations and even the Manager's expectations at our venue!!! It was perfectly reflecting our theme (nautical) and was also very classy and elegant!!! And most of all, all the flavors we picked (3 total) were very good. I would definitely recommend using Hudson Cakery for your event.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We are so glad we booked Jennifer for our wedding cake! Jennifer was very easy to work with, and the cake was absolutely delicious!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jennifer was great and worked with me to make a great cake as well as a memorable grooms cake, it was a huge hit! Unfortunately the wedding cake starting leaning to one side pretty early on in the evening... but the cake was beautiful!

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Jennifer (head chef and owner) of The Hudson Cakery to create the perfect Groom's Cake for my now husband at our rehearsal dinner.
Without ever setting foot in The Hudson Cakery or even meeting Jennifer, she was able to work with me very easily via e-mail to create the unique and modern kind of groom's cake i was looking for!
She was very professional and organized and most importantly, created a cake within my budget. Not only did it look great, but it tasted great too!
The cake was dropped off on time to the restaurant and it was important to Jennifer that it was set up where and how i wanted. I never once worried about anything having to do with our cake!
I highly recommend The Hudson Cakery and look forward to using them again in the future!

- Johanna

• Wedding: 04/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an untraditional wedding celebration for friends after we got married. Jenn was fantastic is listening to what we wanted design wise and helped narrow down our choices in flavors that would best suit us and the design. HIGHLY recommended!

Anonymous
1 Review
201-319-0363
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards