The Hons

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I fell in love with The Hons before they were The Hons. They photographed my friends wedding back in 2012 as their first wedding ever. They were the most beautiful pictures I had ever seen. When I got engaged in Dec 2013, I had to have them! We met with them and fell in love with them. We all connected, booked them on the spot! The Hons are so much more than wedding photographers. They are REAL & down to earth. My kind of people. They will be our photographers for life. They have taken this journey with us from engagement photos to wedding. They helped me through the whole wedding planning process with decor ideas and so much more. They helped to me bring my vision to life. They talked us into doing a 1st look. It was the BEST! Put us both at ease and it was special to be the first to see each other before. We got to share a moment and steal a few kisses. I LOVE them, TRUST them and feel so blessed to have had them as part of our wedding! I felt so comfortable that I did a boudoir shoot for my husband as a wedding gift. It was the BEST gift ever! He loved it! Totally turned him on the night before our wedding! Brittani made me feel so comfortable and sexy. Do it ladies! Wedding day was PERFECT! They showed up early and stayed late making sure to capture all our "moments". I didn't feel that we needed a shot list because I totally TRUSTED them. They knew what was important to us. The money we spent on photos is priceless. Memories fade, but photos are forever. Less than two weeks and we have all our photos! They are BEAUTIFUL and have brought me to tears! I am speechless and in awe at the way they told our love story. I literally relived my wedding day through photos all over again. Thank you so much for making this girls dream come true. You delivered far beyond my expectations. You are forever a part of the happiest day of my life! The Hons are simply the best and there are not enough thanks to express how much I love our photos and appreciate all you hard work! xo

Services Used: Photography

Photography and videography were so important to us while we were planning our wedding. I was a wedding videographer for over five years and I had worked with numerous photographers where I used to live. We searched for weeks to find a local photographer that impressed us. I was tired of the stereotypical wedding pictures that looked the same on every blog. We were so pleased when we finally found The Hons. Their style is candid, but they focus on the moments that matter. We did our engagement photos with them and we felt totally comfortable in front of their cameras. We are not used to posing for photos, but they do not typically pose their subjects and this makes for a much more natural look. The love between the couple really shines because they allow you to focus on each other, rather than posing. We were more confident going into our wedding day, knowing we would be comfortable having our photos taken. Brittani and Jon were so laid back and they were still able to capture so many pictures. We started to run out of time for photos after the ceremony, but they were able to capture even more than we had anticipated. After receiving our photos, we are beyond impressed with the quality, creativity, and variety they provided. Brittani and Jon are unique in that they do not hold themselves to a particular editing or shooting style. We have a wide array of angles, compositions, color styles, etc. to choose from. They shoot simultaneously to get multiple angles, and they have true chemistry together. Every shot is unique, but they are all absolutely stunning.

Photos and video are the two things that actually last after the wedding day, and we are so happy we made the right choice! The Hons beautifully captured the most important moments during our day, and we can't wait to display them in our home. Thank you, Brittani and Jon, for being so passionate about delivering these priceless moments! We love you guys!

Services Used: Photography

Everyone wants great wedding photos but I wanted EPIC photos!
After browsing on Wedding Wire for hours, looking thru numerous photographer websites and nothing really catching my attention, I finally came across The Hons. I was already sold on Brittani and Jon by their work but after meeting with them I was blown away. They had such great energy, were incredibly informative, down to earth yet professional.

During our engagement shoot they made my fiancé and I feel so comfortable. They made shooting fun and everything felt very natural, not forced. I had a very specific vision for our engagement shoot and Brittani and Jon exceeded our expectations. The months leading up to our wedding Brittani was so helpful... we were still trying to find a few vendors and she referred us a florist and baker who we ended up using and were great as well.

On our wedding day my fiancé and I decided to do a first look, which was also something The Hons suggested to us which I am so happy we did. It was one of the most amazing moments. The location we originally chose happened to be incredibly windy that day and The Hons were on top of it. They quickly found a gorgeous wooded area, that couldn't have been more perfect. We were having a very dim light, candle lit ceremony which is not ideal for photography but they were super prepared and even bought special lighting to work for our ceremony. The whole evening they were so on top of everything, capturing every moment but in a non intrusive way.
Our wedding day flew by and we can't thank Brittani & Jon enough for the beautiful photos we will have to look back on for the rest of our lives.

You two are amazing!
The Csomboks

Services Used: Photography

I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Hons Photography. They surpassed our expectations with both our engagement and wedding photos. Picking our wedding photographer was one of the most important decisions to me regarding our wedding. I searched for months trying to find the perfect photographers that fit the style I was looking for. When I found The Hons, I knew as soon as I visited their website I’d found exactly what I was looking for as evident by the quality of their photos. Then upon talking over the phone with them, I was so amazed at not only how talented they are, but how personable and friendly they were as well. I was able to talk with them as if we’d been friends for years. Same with our engagement and wedding day, we were able to have fun with them and it felt as if they were a part of the wedding party. They also are realistic with their pricing for everyday people. I feel when all is said and done; it’s the photos/videos you have to look back on to remember your special day. Then Hons do more than just “Take Photos” they tell your love story in the most beautifully artistic way to provide you with photos that you and your loved ones with treasure forever. I highly recommend them, and promise you, you will not be sorry! They are the best at what they do, and have a wonderful vision for what looks great on camera. They are there to help you in any way they can. If you want gorgeous photos that all your friends/family will talk about and envy, then look no further, they are the choice for you! Having them as your photographers will be one of the best things you do for your wedding I assure you! Thanks again Brittani and Jon!

Services Used: Photography

As a little girl you always dream about having a beautiful wedding and everything running smoothly. Well my wedding was beautiful but like most didn't run smoothly. That is until Brittany and Jon took over as our wedding coordinators on top of taking the most beautiful pictures. We are so grateful that they are such caring people and help iron out the kinks in order for our wedding to run smooth. Our house is now decorated with the exact memories we had always envisioned because of their awesome abilities to capture the perfect moment!! We would absolutely recommend this photography team to do ANY wedding. We love them!!!

Services Used: Photography

Jon James Photography was the best choice my groom and I made when planning our wedding. Jon was on top of everything he was friendly and professional. After receiving my wedding photos I was so amazed in what Jon and his team captured, every picture stood out looking flawless. He definitely went above and beyond in pleasing us. If you are looking for a photographer I would highly suggest contacting him and his team his prices are affordable and the pictures you will love!

Services Used: Photography

Brittani and Jon were great. They made my fiancee and I really comfortable and were able to make us laugh. The engagement photos look phenomenal and they really incorporate lighting and scenery into the photos. We are excited to have them do our wedding photos. Very talented couple!!

Services Used: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I searched all over the web for photographer(s) in the central Florida area with the right style and quality. As soon as my husband showed me Brittani's site I immediately knew that her and Jon were the ones we needed to hire. Their wedding blog blew us away! Brittani and Jon have always been responsive and engaging and were even able to accommodate skype/facetime sessions with us since we live outside of the central Florida area. We hired them for full day coverage plus a few more hrs since our wedding lasted until midnight and they arrived on time the day of the wedding and didn't miss a moment. Despite the strict photography rules our church had, they worked around them and were still able to get the shots we wanted. After the ceremony it was such a whirlwind and I don't even remember seeing Brittani, Jon or their assistant (probably because I had a few too many drinks) but they were certainly there til the very end! Just when I thought to myself "did they get all the shots we needed? I barely saw them after the ceremony?!" all those thoughts went out the window when we saw the hundreds of photos from our wedding. A few weeks after the wedding we hired Jon and Brittani again to take our portraits in the same wedding attire so that we could have more photos of us taken around the area we got married at. Due to time constraints on the day of our wedding, we didn't get as many shots alone so we thought we'd do another session and this time with no stress, no timeline to follow and no guests to tend to. It was just my husband and I plus Brittani and Jon and we let them take the reigns and have full creativity with the 2nd shoot. We loved all of it!

If you're looking around for a photographer, seriously...look no further. This is the team that you need for your wedding. The proof is in the photos. I highly recommend this team as your wedding photographer.

Services Used: Photography

When I first met The Hons, I was impressed! They are such a young cute couple with such amazing talent in their hands. Jon was very laid back, and Brittani was very outgoing like myself. She actually asked me if I was comfortable with that, because she had problems in the past with other brides about that. Let me tell you just what I told her. I LOOOOVEEE the way she acts with her clients. The girl kept it real! Some might get intimidated, but to me it was exactly what I was looking for. If you are looking for out of the ordinary wedding photography, then The Hons are perfect for you! They don't shoot the outdated style of classic wedding photography that people are tired of looking at; instead, they use their in the moment creativity and capture those unique expressions that you could only wish every other person in the room would have appreciated and paid attention to. At first I was nervous, because our wedding went by so fast, that I was afraid they couldn't capture all the images I was hoping for. I couldn't even tell they were shooting because they blended in so well with the wedding guests. When Jon sent me the link to our online gallery...OH MY GOODNESS!!! I didn't cry on my wedding day because I was trying so soooo hard to hold my tears back so I wouldn't ruin my makeup (and loose a bet our groomsmen had on me lol), but when I opened that link, tears just started flushing down my face like waterfalls! I was so happy with the end result. They captured every little detail I worked so hard for (yes I was a DIY bride). They captured every emotion that went through our face, and there were plenty. They captured amazing memories that no story could ever express. It is true when they say enjoy it cause it goes by so fast. I have nothing left from that day other than the perfect husband, a breathtakingly beautiful ring, an amazing marriage, and now pictures I could only have dreamed of receiving. I guess dreams do come true.

XOXO,

Mrs. Amador

Profile Picture
Nicole
1 Review
03/29/2014

The Hons are amazing!! If you want great photos and awesome people to work with then the Hons is where it's at. My wedding day was captured to the fullest. They listen to what you want and put their own touch on your photos. I would recommend them for any occasion. I will be using them in the near future for family photos as well. We love their work:)

Services Used: Photography

We cannot say enough amazing things about The Hons. We searched for a year to find a Wedding Photographer that would suit our style, needs and feel. Within minutes from speaking with Jon and Brittani and perusing their work we were sold. Finally, photographers that were willing to do something different! Being from quite a ways away in Canada and doing a destination wedding we called many local Orlando photographers and found them all to be the same, when I finally came across a great review of The Hons.
We weren't disappointed, after speaking to so many cookie cutter photographers we had our team!
Our wedding took place at Walt Disney World Wedding Pavilion and the Boardwalk resort, they knew the ground well, were early for everything and they captured every great moment. We cannot thank them enough. We have the highest praise. You will not go wrong hiring them!!

Brad & Emilie

Services Used: Photography

Brittani and Jon deserve nothing short of an excellent review! We met with multiple photographers and never really got a good vibe that we were going to get exactly what we wanted – until we met with Brittani and Jon. They are both full of creativity and awesomeness! They’re great at making you feel comfortable in front of the camera, and do an incredible job of composing unique shots on the go. Even though we were so busy with all of the other aspects of planning our wedding, they did a great job of keeping in touch with us from the time we booked them, until the big day. They certainly made us feel like we didn't have to worry about anything. During our wedding, you could hardly even tell they were there. After seeing our photos, my wife and I were both amazed at so many of the shots that they captured without us even knowing they were there. I would highly recommend meeting with them before making a final decision on a photographer; they are worth the time! The value of great wedding photos is priceless, and these guys delivered more than we could have asked for, and at an amazing price. Thank you so much Brittani and Jon!

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

When we started planning our wedding, photography was my top priority. I didn't care if we had to save on the venue, the dress, or anything else. I just wanted the best photography. There's a number of reason why this was so important, but I'm not here to talk about myself ;)
We were fortunate enough to meet Brittani about 14 months before our wedding. Even though she was first starting in the wedding business, I loved her personality and the work she had to already done. So we booked her for our engagement and wedding pictures. Both her and Jon were tons of fun to work with. They were always early, always kept really good communication and answered all my questions right away (and I know I can be very picky!). Another thing I loved about them, is the fact that I didn't even notice them taking pictures during the ceremony! They are very professional and delivered more than what we expected. I'm a big fan of candid shots, the ones that show real emotion and are not staged. They got a lot of them and we got teary eyed when we received our pictures. Thank you! You guys rock and wish you the best!
D&J

Services Used: Photography

I can't be happier with the service provided by Jonathan! He's both an artist and a professional and he made us feel totally comfortable. He was talking to us like a friend during all our bridal session and we really felt good with him the whole time. On top of that, we got the best pictures ever. They are beautiful!

Services Used: Photography

Brittani Mello Photography is made up of a pair of some of the best photographers and most wonderful people I know, Brittani and Jon. This pair of incredible talent were so creative and flexible when all my outside wedding plans that I had made over my 10 month engagement had been canceled by the rain. They are the most efficient photographers I have ever seen which was important to me after being a guest at so many weddings where the bride-groom photoshoot takes an hour or more. Whose guests want to wait that long to eat? Not me that's for sure! If you don't book them as your photographers you booked wrong. They are willing to travel (they are centralized in orlando but they did my wedding in lakeland, FL) and will give you the genuine, unique wedding photos you've always dreamed of, none of that cheesy, fake, posed wedding crap. They are the real deal.

Services Used: Photography

My mom came across Brittani and Jon while searching for photographers for my sisters wedding last June as well as my wedding this past December (yes my parents had TWO weddings within 6 months!!) I was able to meet and spend time with them during my sisters wedding & knew right away they were perfect for mine!!
Brittani and Jon have a way of making you feel like you have known them for years, having two photographers helps capture moments you might have missed. They make a great team & have amazing talent!! Our pictures turned out amazing- on top of taking beautiful photos, Brittani convinced me to get a videographer last minute when I was not too sure about spending the money. She brought Marcoz Morales with her & I have to say I am BEYOND happy she did! He is an amazing talent as well & did the most unbelievable video for my husband and I.
I would recommend them any day & would definitely suggest getting Marcoz as well! Truly a talented team who goes above and beyond to not just take photos but make memories :)

-Morgan Russell