The Highland Bakery

The Highland Bakery

Atlanta, GA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

The cutting cake and cupcakes that we had from Highland Bakery were amazing. Our guests loved the variety of flavors and they really added something special to the night. The only negative was that the cutting cake was supposed to be vanilla cake with oreo frosting and it was delivered as chocolate cake with oreo frosting. It wasn't a huge issue, but it would have been nice to have more variety since we already had chocolate/oreo frosting cupcakes.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

YUM!!! Our groom's cake was so delicious! The art work was beautiful (it was a golf themed cake). They delivered on time and were friendly during the planning process. They even packed a "to-go" tasting because our schedules were conflicting. Great vendor to work with.

Profile Picture
Anonymous
1+ year ago

Amaizing work just stunning. Cares about their clients.

Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

Our cake was absolutely delicious! Having lived a few blocks from Highland Bakery, we expected nothing less. Delivered on time, easy contacts to work with and my favorite part - a cake that our guests actually ate!

PS. Their red velvet cake is one of the best!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

PERFECT! Got the grooms cake here and it was awesome!!! A little pricey but worth every penny. They were even able to have the cake available at a different location to make it easier for me to pick up. Everything they make is perfection(even lunch)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We worked with Julie at the Highland Bakery to make 5 different flavors of cupcakes for our wedding. One particular flavor was not on their menu, but they made a couple of attempts at it for the tastings until we were completely satisfied. Everything was delicious, promptly delivered, exactly as described in the contract, and well communicated. They did a great job. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I asked for a Chinese dragon head and gave Karen Portaleo complete creative freedom after that. I only had them make a small cake for us to cut into, so I am simply reviewing the design and not the main serving cake. When I saw the dragon head for the first time, I was completely astounded. It was more amazing than anything I could have imagined. We have so many pictures of it in our album because it was absolutely beautiful. This came from the same woman who has won several cake challenges on the food network. She is an amazingly talented artist. If you want the most beautiful and creative cake in the world, get it from the Highland Bakery.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I bought my reception cake from Highland, and could not have been more please. A plain vanilla cake with buttercream frosting, went great along with my appetizers and other desserts. They were willing to work with me, and did great on a tight time schedule. I thank them for making my day so easy and special.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

There is just nothing better than Highland Bakery's red velvet cake. Our wedding cakes were totally delicious. The chocolate ganache on the groom's cake had a bit of a squished/funny-looking spot on it, but that was the only problem with the looks. As for responsiveness, sometimes it can be difficult to get a hold of the cake people at HB, but that's because it is a regular local business and not exclusively a wedding-cake bakery. Hard to fault them too much for being a delicious restaurant as well!

We tried cakes at a lot of the wedding cake places, and we kept coming back to highland bakery not only because their cakes are delicious, but because they were willing to be flexible with the flavors (and cake designs) if we wanted to get creative, and the prices were so much better. I feel like we got a steal compared to what other folks wanted to charge us! Highland Bakery is the best. If you don't get your wedding cake here, at least go for brunch!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake looked gorgeous and tasted great! The cake artists worked with me to create something that was both unique and special to us, incorporating themes from our wedding and our personalities.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We used mini cupcakes so that we could have many different flavors. Price was great and the cupcakes were a HUGE hit. GREAT taste too!

3.9

The cake was perfect, although she was hard to get in contact with at times, I am very pleased with her work. Her reputation as one of the best cake-makers in Atlanta is correct. If you go in for a consult with her, be prepared to be pampered with some of the best cakes and cupcakes you have ever tasted. SHe is very creative and has a wonderful portfolio.