The Grand Concourse

The Grand Concourse

Favorite
Pittsburgh, PA
412.391.3474
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I had my wedding for 142 guests at the Grand Concourse on Saturday, June 27th 2015. It was an incredible experience. When I started looking for venues, I couldn't get over the generic look of the standard hotel ballrooms. I knew I wanted something unique where I wouldn't have to do much in the way of decorating. When we saw the Grand Concourse, I knew it would be our venue. It is so special, and for our wedding we had a lot of guests coming from out of town so I wanted to show them this beautiful, historic and unique part of Pittsburgh.

My guests raved about the atmosphere, the food, and the service. When I arrived with my bridal party, they had set up a private cocktail service for us on the 2nd floor where we had our own server (Susan). Susan was spectacular. She was so kind, accommodating and attentive. We ordered a few additional hors d'oeurves at the recommendation of the server who helped us during our tasting (dynamite scallops, lobster bisque shooters) and our guests loved them!

The entire staff was amazing. The servers and bar tenders took great care of my guests. From top to bottom and beginning to end the wedding was a fantastic experience. Brian George made the process of planning and preparing so pleasant and easy. He accommodated my every request and his calm, pleasant demeanor made me feel at ease. He quickly responded to all my emails and questions, and never made me feel like I was a bother. I am so grateful for everyone at the Grand Concourse who made my wedding day so perfect. I highly, highly recommend the Grand Concourse!

Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

Brian and his staff were wonderful to work with throughout the wedding reception planning process. He answered all of our questions in a very timely manner and offered helpful suggestions to us when we asked for assistance. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. If you are looking for a place that reflects Pittsburgh's history this it it! The dark wood, the historical significance to the city, and the beautiful rooms make you appreciate the beauty of Station Square. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I selected the Grand Concourse for our rehearsal dinner venue, and we couldn't have been happier. The food was absolutely delicious (it even gave our wedding reception menu a run for its money!) and the service was first-class: our servers made sure we were well taken care of the entire evening, and even helped us when we had a snafu with some of our rehearsal dinner decor. We were also excited to host the event in a historic location that showcased the beautiful river views of Pittsburgh for our out-of-town guests, and with the restaurant's proximity to the Incline, we were able to offer everyone a trip to Mount Washington following our meal. What a gorgeous place to host our dinner-- thank you to all the staff who made our rehearsal dinner a shining success!

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Grand Concourse was the most perfect place for our wedding! The service staff was great, and Brian was excellent to work with! The team did such a great job accommodating all of our requests, and everything looked perfect! It was affordable, the food was amazing, and everything worked out flawlessly. Thanks to Brian and his team for making our wedding day as perfect as we imagined!

Profile Picture
Sarah
06/29/2013

The Grand Concourse was an absolutely beautiful venue for our wedding. The actual reception was unbelievable, and our guests complimented the food, the beauty, and just overall the service of the night. It will definitely be a night that we will all remember. My family experienced a tragedy three days before the wedding, and so there were some last minute changes that the staff were very flexible and understanding with There was only one snafu of the night with the cake- the entire cake was supposed to be served, as well as the groomscake was supposed to be out with the wedding cake, but there was some kind of mixup. One of our tables did not receive cake because of it; however we had the donut service and that made up for it. We found out the next day that the top of the cake had not been cut. I am not sure if that was due to miscommunication from the bakery or what happened. My only other critique is that sometimes it seemed as though the responsiveness through email was slow prior to the two weeks before the wedding. Otherwise, this is a great place to have your reception if you want a unique, magnificent venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was a most exceptional venue for our reception. The employees were very professional and everything went smoothly. It is a spectacular location for a wedding reception. Brian George, Event Manager, responded quickly with phone calls and answers. It was the most perfect wedding ever!