The Gallery

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I used The Gallery for both my ceremony and reception and it was amazing! I LOVE the gallery. It fit with the feel I was going for and was really private and beautiful. The bridal suite is large and great! The groomsmen suite was also very large and had everything guys need!
They provided all the tables and chairs and had everything I needed for my big day! I truly was beautiful and LOVE this venue!

[Private]
3.6

Paula is great, and really seems to understand what we need in order to complete our vision. She's clear about the timelines and due dates, and has no problem with our dropping by for second and third looks of the property. We are very excited!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
This review is currently being verified.

I have to admit, after reading the other reviews... I was iffy about The Gallery. HOWEVER, I have nothing but great things to say! Communicating with Paula before, during, and even after my wedding was easy. I left my hand made altar there on accident and she was prompt with getting back to me and making sure I was able to come and pick it up easily. The venue itself was perfect. I felt very at home the day of my wedding! My wedding turned out better than I ever imagined, and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Recently Married

The Gallery is a gorgeous event venue that provided my husband and me a wonderful backdrop for our day. When people see our wedding pictures, they remark, “where is that?” and “what a neat venue.” We fell in love with the old-world, European look and feel. I found the manager, Paula, to be very accommodating with any requests that I had, which was wonderful (and she knows her stuff backwards and forwards). We even had to change the event date, and Paula made that simple. The pluses to the venue are that there’s plenty of space, so it’s easy to have different parts of the event in different areas (we had our ceremony under the tree outside, which was breathtaking). I loved the spaciousness of the bridal suite (and my husband loved the guy’s area… many venues have nothing or just a closet for the guys). I also really liked that we had the venue to ourselves for the entire day. Because the Gallery only provides the venue (versus other all-in-one venues where catering is or can be included), there was a lot more work required to get ready for the wedding. However, it also allowed us the ultimate flexibility to choose the vendors we wanted. There were some communication issues and my purse was stolen from the bridal suite (I can’t say that’s the venue’s fault, but at the same time, you hope your belongings would remain safe in a cubby bin inside the bridal suite, especially with the two security guards on site. At the end of the day, I shouldn’t have brought my purse and should have watched over it better… but if you are a bride that chooses this venue, please keep this in mind for your day and leave your purse at home). Overall, we were very pleased we chose The Gallery.

Renee
Recently Married
This review is currently being verified.
4.3

Very impressed with the overall look of the venue and the rustic feel even though you are in the galleria area of houston, texas .

Recently Married

The gallery has wonderful space for both the groom and bride. I loved the venue because you get the entire venue and do not have to worry about having another event running at the same time. Additionally, I also liked the fact that the Gallery allows you to supply your own beer and wine and you use their preferred caterer.

4.3

The Gallery is a beautiful brick venue reminiscent of Italy. It is a wonderful alternative to your hotels and ranches. You really get a lot of space for your buck! There is a pad for the gentleman and a prep room for the ladies. There is an upstairs bar that is absolutely gorgeous, trees that light up, and vintage light poles that makes for great pictures. Tables and chairs are included in the rental fee which is a big plus!

Do expect responsiveness to be a bit varied. When I first interacted with them, they were quick and responded within 24 hours. Then there was a lull in which calls nor emails would work. Towards wedding day, everything picked up again. I think this is attributed to a lot of technical issues but be aware that you will have to put in a lot of effort sometimes to make sure everyone is on the same page. There are always people at the venue when they open at 10am so worst case scenario, drop by to speak to someone.

On communication, the on-site caretaker does not speak much English so you want to make sure to straighten everything out ahead of time to the venue managers. I was thrown off when some of the ceremony seating arrangements were not set up how we discussed and when they were getting put away even though I specified for half the chairs to stay. I think this is due to the fact that they have a system of doing things and it's sometimes difficult to be flexible and break old habits. The day of though, I had plenty of help from the caretaker to correct things.

My last comment would be that prices have changed and now you are required to work with their DJs. This can be a good and bad thing depending on whether or not you already have someone you're really wanting to use. I have met their DJs and although I haven't used them, I found them to be fun and outgoing. Do expect to pay a little extra for this service though.

Overall I would recommend this venue because of it's beauty and value.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is so beautiful. Ms. Paula is really nice.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Paula was absolutely wonderful - starting with the process of picking out a venue. She didn't pressure us, but made us feel comfortable and also let the venue's beauty speak for itself. She was very friendly, helpful, professional, and flexible, and we appreciated all of the assistance that she provided us with on our special day. This venue is beautifully sophisticated, from the various textures of wood and brick, it is one of the most intimate spaces/venues in Houston. The value for this venue is remarkable, and I was so glad that we held out wedding at this location. Everything turned out beautiful - it felt intimate and elegant, and everyone had such a wonderful time due to the staff and support from this vendor.

3.8

We were quite happy with our wedding at the Gallery. We wanted somewhere that felt intimate and cozy. My husband was sold on the beautiful bar and I loved the stringed lights and chivari chairs! Even though I was worried about the area not being in the best part of town, you forget where you are when you are inside. They have added beautiful mirrors which looked nice in the photos. The event coordinator, Paula, was very friendly and easy to work with, although difficult to get a hold of at times. I found out later that the bathroom was out of paper towels at the very beginning of the reception, which was embarrassing and shouldn't have happened. My coordinator had them restocked when she arrived. It was also very warm and our coordinator asked to turn down the heat several times. One of the advantages to having our wedding at the Gallery was that it allowed us to bring in our favorite vendors and avoid typical banquet food (we catered Goode Company!), although we were very limited with our drink vendor choices (see my Cafe Natalie review). If we could go back though, it probably would have been much less stressful for an indecisive bride like me and less expensive to go with somewhere all-inclusive.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I really did fall in love with this venue. I had an old world gypsy themed wedding and the Gallery looks like a castle on the inside. However, they are a bit pricey for just providing tables and chairs. There was a management change from the time I booked to my wedding, and in the beginning, it was implied that we would be able to have our rehearsal at the venue the evening before the wedding. However, when it came down to it, my only option was two days prior at 1:00 in the afternoon, which was not going to work at all. I ended up having my rehearsal somewhere else. Make sure you read the contract more than once and don't pay attention to what is implied. Bottom line, would I choose it again? Absolutely! Even with the little snags my day would not have been as magical anywhere else.

4.3

BEAUTIFUL venue that received compliments from everyone. Many described it as a "photographer's dream."

Can't find a better price for a venue in Houston and loved the flexibility to do almost anything you want for your vendors. Make sure you read the fine print on your contract because they day of the wedding they claimed it said my caterer must stay the whole time to serve food, which when I asked them specifically they only said there were limits for the bartenders with alcohol and the only requirement for food was that they are licensed.

They are very open to letting you come up and scope things out to plan, worked with me well to get a time for the rehearsal, and even had my tables set up by the rehearsal so I could check and make sure they were what I wanted for the next day. My only complaint on the day-of is that there were several of their staff there offering opinions on tables I "should've included" or suggesting I move things "here or there" when I was on a strict time schedule and wanted things to be how I wanted.

The other issue is that they only give you three hours to setup, immediately before the event. So if you are doing an off-site ceremony or a first look you have almost no time to setup and need to get ready before you even arrive.

Overall, the beauty of the place won over and everybody loved it. It came together nicely.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gallery is a great venue for an indoor or outdoor wedding. From the beginning the coordinators were extremely helpful and allowed us to visit multiple times to check out questions we had. The day of went so smoothly, they help you flip tables if necessary but everything else is pretty much a DIY wedding. With that being said you have to be on the ball and get payments in on time and know what you will be needing from the venue. The only problem we had on the day of was the groomsmen's room A/C wasn't working for the first couple of hours.
This venue is the perfect versatile location for a medium size wedding and was absolutely a joy to work with.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gallery is a beautiful venue. The staff is extremely kind and accommodating. The reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 is they are not really wheelchair accessible... just the downstairs portion is accessible, which means their beautiful bar cannot be used by any handicapped guests. We had to move our bar outside so our guests in wheelchairs could be accommodated. It still turned out beautiful, but it would have been nice to use the whole venue.