The Feds Weddings
2014 Couples Choice Winner! Thank You past couples!
14 Treetop Lane

(4.7/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 2 Reviews
The photography was extremely important to my husband and I. My brother-in-law brother had a very bad experience and since you can't really have a "do-over" if you don't like the pictures from your wedding day, we took great care in choosing a photographer. We are SO glad that we chose the The Feds Weddings! From the very start (they were one of the first vendors we booked) they made us feel at ease. We looked through their portfolio online, as well as additional wedding pictures in their studio at our first meeting and we fell in love with their style. They are able to capture the uniqueness of each wedding, while still maintaining a timeless look and feel to the pictures. Their online system made it easy to document our day of timeline and the pictures we wanted to be sure were captured, as well as tracking our payment schedule. After our engagement pictures we were able to meet with them and discuss which pictures we really liked and why, as well as some we didn't like so we could ensure that our wedding day pictures turned out exactly how we wanted. James was always professional and responsive (to my many emails and phone calls) and most importantly calm! He worked with our schedules, letting us schedule evening phone calls and meetings when we had too. He listened to our concerns and last minute requests and offered his professional opinion on the timeline and backdrops. His calmness and reassurances throughout the inevitable chaos of the day, trying to wrangle family and the bridal party for pictures, helped to keep me calm. We received our proofs at the end of last week and they are absolutely stunning! We could not be happier with the results. They perfectly capture the essence of the day.
Wedding: Recently Married

Lauren 3 Reviews
The Feds had done a few friends weddings before ours - so we knew what we were getting and had a lot of trust in them to begin with. They are professionals and know what they are doing! We simply had one meeting beforehand and covered the questionnaire that we filled out and by the end of the meeting felt like friends. They tailored our entire experience to our needs and we are so appreciative for the memories that they have provided us with - we cannot wait to get some prints up in our home! Thank you Kate & James!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Feds were amazing photographers. The pictures are beautifu! When my photobooth didn't show up for my wedding, they set up another camera and took photobooth pictures for us! Very happy with all they did!
Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
As soon as we got engaged, the first thing we did was book a photographer (yes, 18 months in advance of the wedding). I did extensive research on wedding photographers and after seeing the Feds Weddings website, I knew these were the people for us. The wedding photographer was a really important investment for us and although we have been poor grad students for many years, they were worth every penny. Besides the amazing photography, they also have great customer service and really care about making sure you feel comfortable on your wedding day. We originally did NOT want engagement photos (we thought it was SO cheesy!) and I am so glad James convinced us to go for it! We loved our engagement photos and I will definitely cherish those photos forever - it really does help you feel more comfortable in front of the camera on the big day. So in addition to the amazing photos, and the awesome relationship they have with their customers, James and Kate are also the sweetest, cutest, kindest couple. It was such a pleasure to have them around on our wedding day and I strongly recommend them to EVERYONE getting married. They are the best! Even now that the wedding is over and I've been contacting James about our photos, he has been really helpful and flexible, and has great recommendations for what we can do with our photos. Definitely check out their facebook page if you need any more convincing, but I'm pretty sure their stellar reviews from so many happy brides speak for themselves. :) I should also note that we got married on the rainiest day of the summer (I'm talking torrential rains) and James and Kate didn't sweat it... I felt totally at ease knowing they knew how to handle the photos no matter the weather (and super excited when the sun came out that evening!)
Wedding: 08/09/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
The Feds were one of the best parts of my wedding! From their flexibility scheduling our engagement shots to their attentiveness to our needs during the wedding day, my husband, family and I were thrilled with their work. They are easy to work with, and take beautiful pictures. They communicate frequently and promptly, never leaving you hanging. They showed up early and stayed late despite the contract we signed for a certain amount of time. If you are thinking of booking the Feds, book them early as they are very talented and you don't want to miss out! I couldn't recommend the Feds more highly!
The Feds Weddings responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for the wonderful review.

Tara 1 Reviews
I would give the Feds 10 stars if I could. When your friends who booked other photographers for their weddings say, I made a mistake, i wish I booked the Feds, you know that you made a good choice. Although once you have met James and Kate you already knew that anyways. I cannot say enough about how great they are to work with. They were so helpful leading up to the wedding with great suggestions or ideas without being pushy and truly have an eye for catching you at your best. The day of, you hardly know they are there, they are so calming and professional even the guests commented on how great they were. Then you get to see the photos and you love them even more. Looking back they captured the day perfectly, all the emotion, and laughter and tears it's like i am back there all over again. Don't even think about it, just book them, if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't change a thing!
The Feds Weddings responded with the following comments:
Tara we had such a great time at your wedding. We know how hard it was with Rob's mother so sick but we also know she hung in there to see her son marry such a wonderful girl. We the love the both of you, thanks so much for the review. If you need anything just let us know.
Wedding: 03/30/2013

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We loved working with James and Kate of The Feds Studio. They were personable, professional, enthusiastic, very responsive to all my questions, and most importantly produced beautiful images for us. They included a "Love Shoot" engagement shoot, which allowed us to become familiar with them and build a comfort level in front of the camera before our wedding day. On our wedding day, James helped facilitate all the shots we wanted so seamlessly, without "intruding" on any of our special moments. The Feds know which shots and poses will come out best, but they are still flexible enough to try any shots you want on your wedding day. They produce editorial quality photos, without an ounce of ego, making it a pleasant experience working with them throughout your wedding planning and on your wedding day. The images they've captured for us make the investment so worth it!

Anonymous 1 Reviews
We cannot say enough good things about The Feds! From start to finish, we loved working with both Kate & James, and love the work that they do! They are both extremely professional, yet so personal and make sure that you are getting exactly what you want for your wedding paying a lot of attention to detail :-) We truly couldn't be happier with our choice of photographer and highly recommend The Feds!!
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
My daughter hired the Feds Studio to shoot her beautiful Cape Cod Wedding. This vendor pocketed the payment and never delivered the finished photos. Phone calls and emails to the Feds Studio went unanswered, except one where James Federico admitted that he was vacationing in Disney World. A trip to Disney World with our money in his pocket and no delivered pictures. Currently working with the Attorney generals office of consumer affairs to seek a return of money. In the process, I was informed that the Better Business Bureau graded the Feds Studio an F on a scale of A-F. Several complaints were lodged against the Feds Studio because of problems with delivery of finished photos.Wish my daughter had checked the BBB grade before she hired them.
Wedding: 07/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Feds did an amazing job on our wedding! They were there the whole time and were so fun to work with. They even came out to our site the week of the wedding to tour around so they knew what areas to take pictures at! The images came out amazing as well. I have had numeroud friends and family compliment us on our photographers! I highly reccomend them to friends and family!
Wedding: 07/21/2012

Elizabeth 2 Reviews
The Feds Studio is wonderful!!! After reading about them on Wedding Wire and looking at their website we knew they were the photographers for us! We met them in person just about a year ago for our engagement photos “Love Shots” and have enjoyed working with them over the last year. We think they are nicest couple and very easy to work with. They make you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. On our wedding day they went above and beyond and even spent extra time with us taking pictures while my girls and I were getting our hair and makeup done.

Right after we got home from our honeymoon our pictures were ready! Kate and James did a wonderful job of capturing our special day. Every time we look at the photos we relive our wedding day! We are excited to work with them to create a wonderful photo album as well.

We would highly recommend The Feds Studio to anyone!
Wedding: 06/30/2012

Private User 11 Reviews
James & Kate of the “The Feds Studio” are simply the best! We would highly recommend them to any couple looking for a photographer.

One of the most important parts of choosing a photographer is making sure you feel comfortable with them, seeing that you are going to be spending your entire wedding day with them. Having James & Kate is like having old friends with you all day. They are also extremely unobtrusive when taking the photos. They get the great shots without being right in your face. They are also tremendously accommodating! During our “Love Shoot” we brought our 1-year-old lab with us. James and Kate were great sports when she slobbered everywhere and made some of the shots a bit more difficult to get. We also choose to do the love shoot throughout one of our favorite walks in the woods. Kate was 7 months pregnant and didn’t think twice about having to do a 2-mile walk through the woods!

The photos they take are simply breathtaking. They do a great job of taking the traditional photos that my parents wanted and taking the more “fun” photos that we wanted. They also shot my Sister’s wedding back in June and did an amazing job. Unfortunately, there are no more weddings in the family; however we look forward to using ‘The Feds Studio” for many family photos in the years to come! Highly recommend!
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Private User 6 Reviews
James and Kate did a spectacular job. We were able to do engagement pictures prior to the wedding which allowed us to get comfortable with both of them and being in front of the camera. At every step of the way, from the first time we met with them, they were very supportive of what we wanted and careful not to impose their own ideas on what we had in mind. On the day of the wedding, they were incredibly easy to work with and their pictures came out great. One of the best wedding-related decisions we made!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Feds just finished shooting our wedding this past weekend, July 9th, in Boston. Our wedding was at the Marsh Chapel at BU then reception at Boston Harbor Hotel. We cannot say enough good things about the Feds, and loved every minute working with them. We met with various photographers a year and a half ago, meeting them at various locations including studios or homes. With James and Kate, my then-fiance-now-wife and I met them at the Bond Lounge at the Langham Hotel, their idea. We hung out for over an hour talking weddings and photos and Boston and anything and everything else. We knew we liked them immediately, and the choice was obvious. Plus, Meredith could tell immediately that Kate had the right personality to manage Meredith's family on the big day! Every time we met with them, it was more like spending time with friends than a vendor. Our engagement shoot was an afternoon meandering through the Boston Commons, and the Feds took great shots of our dogs too! As the wedding approached, the Feds invited us to their home to go over timeline and photo ideas, while James cooked us steaks on his grill (he is a great cook and great photographer!). PS, they also have amazingly behaved children. For our wedding day, we could not have asked for a better experience. In between ceremony and reception, the four of us went around Boston in our limo and took iconic city shots in gown and tux. So far, we have only seen a few of the shots that the Feds previewed for all guests at the reception via a computer slide show, but they are so much more incredible than we could have imaginged! check them out at danmeredith.thefedsstudio.com.

We highly recommend the Feds to any couple getting married in the Boston area, and we hope to use them again for family photos in our future!
Wedding: 07/09/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were looking for photographers who would do candids (photo-journalism style) and we liked what we saw on The Feds website. We chatted on the phone because we weren’t in Boston yet and signed our contract thru the internet. We loved that they were willing to work with us long distance (we had another photographer tell us that they didn’t like to book until they met us).
We had trouble getting together for our Love Shoot but when we finally met James and Kate, we loved them. It felt like we were hanging out with old friends. Kate was great at making us comfortable and coaching us with poses. They spent over two hours with us walking around downtown and taking photos. James had great location ideas for our wedding day photos.
On our wedding day, they were on time and great to be around again. They made a few awkward family moments easy (we didn’t want my brother’s girlfriend in all the pictures so James called out names for the photos hoping that she wouldn’t feel singled out).

I put a slightly lower score on responsiveness because they were tough to get a hold of. Responsiveness is key for me. I know they had a lot going on but it made me very nervous when they didn’t respond to an email within a few days. I did voice my concerns and James called me immediately. The week of the wedding, I reviewed the timeline with James so I was very at ease at that point. I have to say that meeting them made up for their lack of responsiveness.

It also took a while for us to get our Love Shoot photos but when we did get our Love Shoot photos, they were great!

I would definitely recommend the Feds!
Wedding: 10/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James and Kate are wonderful! They are so talented and have a special knack to produce the most beautiful photos. My husband isn't the easiest person to take pictures of, he makes this awkward and uncomfortable looking smile. After our love shoot, my husband was able to relax and the Feds got really good photos of us. They are very responsive and exceeded all of my expectations. They are professional and they make you feel so comfortable that you feel like you're working with your friends. They offered to help in any way they can, and they really mean it. They are amazing!!
Wedding: 05/30/2010
 781-285-1124
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire