The Essex Resort & Spa and The Ponds at Bolton Valley

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My daughter just had her wedding at this beautiful venue. Even though she used one of the smaller rooms(40 people), her wedding was handled with the utmost care and professionalism. Every detail was taken care of and nothing was overlooked by their amazing and dedicated staff.

The grounds of the Essex Resort and Spa are just gorgeous and there is plenty to do as well as plenty of relaxing. We also used their catering which was second to none. The food and hors d'oeuvre were just delicious and plentiful.

I would recommend this venue to anyone planning a very special day/weekend.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We planned our daughter's wedding with her fiancee at the Ponds. Over 120 guests were traveling from New York and 15 other states. Sixty guests were from Vermont. As we had so many guests as out-of-towners, we had to plan an extensive weekend. With Shana's help we were able to provide a private dress rehearsal dinner for the bridal party, a welcome reception for the out-of-towners, a bonfire with S'mores after the welcome reception, a Sunday brunch for the morning after. Each event including the ceremony and reception was executed with the utmost of professionalism and service. The food was excellent and our guest stated that, "It was one of the best weddings they had ever attended.". Because the Ponds is not air-conditioned, the room did get warm for the guests but the success of the reception very much outweighed this part. Thank you Shana for making our daughter and son-in-law's wedding weekend the Best Ever.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Profile Picture
Shelby
07/03/2015

The Essex Resort and Spa is an amazing place to get married. It's very "Vermont" and the staff is amazing. Shana was our coordinator and I don't think we could have done it without her - she made it so that I didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding! The atrium was beautiful, the spa was awesome (though a little expensive). The best thing was that the food was out of this world. Tons of people told me it was the best wedding food they had ever had. I am so happy that we chose the Essex.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We had the incredible pleasure of having The Essex cater our cocktail hour, reception, and make our delicious cake! They accommodated our guests' dietary needs. One of my vegan friends (who has been vegan for 18 years) said that his meal was one of the BEST vegan meals he has ever had. The Essex creates amazing food with fresh, local, and deep flavor. Their entire crew created such an amazing catering experience for us and our guests. I am very proud to have them exist in my home state. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a truly delicious, custom, and rememberable meal!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Essex Resort is the Premier place to have a wedding in Vermont. It is modern, classy, elegant, but still the Vermont feel. We were treated with respect, and our Planner, Shana, was great. Our wedding weekend was busy, they were hosting 6 other weddings on and off site. The only negative to that was our planner missed our rehearsal dinner and there was a lot of confusion that evening, that ultimately worked itself out. All in all, a great place and we will go back and spend many more nights there!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We used The Ponds which is owned by the Essex. The staff was amazing, the ceremony & reception gorgeous, the food phenomenal! I couldn't imagine my wedding being anymore perfect than it was.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Essex team led by Chef Shawn catered our wedding in Stowe, VT. The Essex exceeded any and all expectations we had. Chef Shawn and his team put out unbelievable food, from the appetizers at the cocktail hour through our plated dinner and dessert. The service was impeccable. The plating was gorgeous. The food was amazing. Our guests made it a point to come up to us to tell us that this was the best wedding food that they ever had.

My fiancée and I set out to plan this romantic and unique Vermont wedding in his Aunt and Uncle’s backyard overlooking beautiful Mount Mansfield in Stowe, VT. We live in New Jersey so for us this was quite an undertaking. Based on the recommendation of our wedding planner, we decided to go with the Essex for our catering needs. The Essex worked within our budget to give us everything that we wanted and more.

We went to the Essex at least 3 times for tastings. The first time we were there, we sampled appetizers and several main courses. It was at that time, we decided to choose the Essex. We went back several months later to do a cake/cupcake test. After that, we went back one final time to finalize the menu and of course taste everything we were to order.

Throughout the planning process, the Essex made sure to be off-site meeting us at the house to go over the layout of the event. Chef Shawn personally came to the house we had the wedding at more than once to make sure everything would be in place to have a successful wedding.

The team at the Essex is incredibly hard working. The topography of the backyard was challenging to say the least. Just getting the food on site to be prepared and served was a struggle. Nevertheless, the Essex knew how to tackle the issues and made sure we had enough servers to make the event flow smooth.

We cannot say enough about how good the food tasted. It was really amazing. We are not easy to please when it comes to good food. The Essex truly delivered over and above what we expected!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at The Essex Resort & Spa. We had an amazing time. It is absolutely beautiful there. Every detail has been thought of. The staff are friendly and professional. The food was amazing. Our honeymoon suite was spacious and luxurious, yet had a comfortable, homey feel. I spent some time in the spa for massages and a facial. The staff are well educated, friendly, and professional. The spa is an amazing experience in itself. My husband attended two cooking classes and learned a great deal from the very talented chef. There are stores and shops just down the street from The Essex, and Burlington is less than 10 miles away. My husband and I had such a great time at The Essex that we plan to go back for our first anniversary!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

The Essex and all the planners and helpful people there did an excellent job in all aspects of our wedding. The planning, selecting the food, the linens, the ceremony setup, dealing with all the vendors and the reception went off without a hitch! Couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture
Private User
2+ years ago

Amazing venue and thanks to wedding coordinate Kara who helped us a long for one year straight. From the food to the venue it is the best place to get married. I wrote a letter to the General Manager to advise him that his staff is what makes the Essex special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married at The Ponds in May 2013. The place was beautiful and Kara was amazing to work with. She made sure all the details were covered and helped calm nerves along the way. The food was amazing, especially the cake. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Essex was amazing to work with and the food is fabulous! They are quick and ready to answer any and all questions you have and work with you to accommodate you and your guests. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They did a great job doing everything I asked and helping it be a stress free day for me. They made sure all my little details were done and the night was magical. They really took care of everything since the service was also held there.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We live in Indiana and chose the Essex, quite honestly, by the chocolate cake on their website. that was the initial reason anyway. once we dug deeper we felt very comfortable with the Essex. However, as with any destination, site unseen, wedding venue we were a bit anxious. Once we arrived at the front entrance of the Essex all of our cares were put at ease. It was perfect, everything was absolutely perfect! the staff was incredible, the food was fantastic and the scenery was gorgeous. Stacy, our wedding coordinator was superb. Very reassuring and accommodating. The girls at the spa were great too. The wait staff, the rooms, everything... We plan to return for our 1 year anniversary.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not be more happy with having out wedding at The Essex. Stacey was their everytime I had a question. The food was great and they did everything they could to make our wedding go smoothly. The down side was I didnt have all my paper lanterns hung I guess they ran out of string but their was more hung for a wedding the next day. You pay to much money to have them hung so just make sure they use them all. The cake you take home for your first anniversary didnt look like what my cake for the wedding looked like so we didnt save it and will have one made next year. Other then that they did a great job.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks to the staff at the Inn at Essex we were worry free. They did a great job of capturing our every thought and putting to the decorations as well as the wedding cake. I would have not wanted a better location and place to have our wedding reception. They were very accomadating to our needs and how many rooms we needed for our guests. Thank you so much to the Inn at Essex!!!