The Engineers Club

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Just like the reviews before mine say, The Engineers Club @ the Garrett-Jacobs mansion is an absolutely beautiful building. From the first time I walked in there to see what the place looked like in person, I knew that is was the place I was going to get married in. Pictures do help, but when you walk in for the first time, you are kind of taken back by the beauty of this historic mansion. And every room is unique and more beautiful than the next. I had my ceremony and reception at the EC, and both turned out better than I could imagine. The cost to have the EC for your wedding is pricey, however, it was worth every penny. You pay a flat fee for the venue, and what that gets you is a year long membership to this private club. That entitles you to go to any event that they host, lunches, dinner, and brunches. (These do cost a price per person if you choose to go to any of the things I listed) The EC has their own catering in-house. They have multiple food and beverage packages for you to choose from.

Our guests were amazed by this place, just as my husband and I were when we first visited the EC, and we received so many compliments on the venue, food, staff, and the flow of the evening. The quality of service is exceptional. Asha Hislop was our point of contact/event coordinator at the EC, and she exceeded mine, my husbands and my parents expectations. She is a wonderful person to work with. Responsive, professional, flexible, kind and helpful and just a few words to describe her work ethics. Any time we needed anything, or had a question, she would get to us a timely manner. I could go on and on about her, but I only have so much time. :) She is just amazing! And not to forget some of the other staff that myself, my husband and my parents dealt with at the EC, such as Ty, Deon, and many of the other managers and wait and bar staff. They are all so pleasant to work with. If I could give more stars, I would!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Asha at the Engineer's Club over the last year has been so easy and when everything came together so magnificently, I knew it was largely because of her and the most beautiful venue of all times. She guided me through a daunting task, referred me to some of the most wonderful vendors, and when I saw everything in its place the night of my daughter's wedding, perfect, magical, and enchanting were the three words that came to mind.

I remember like it was yesterday coming to the Engineer’s Club late last year and I could barely walk the circular staircase to see the bridal suite where all the women would get ready, or the downstairs where the guys would spend time together, watching sports, playing pool, and bonding before the ceremony, but I didn’t want to miss anything. I had very recently been discharged from the hospital after an organ transplant surgery and I wanted to book a venue as early as possible after our daughter and son-in-law got engaged, because I wasn’t 100% confident that I would still be alive for their wedding, and wanted it to be perfect. I knew then, that if I didn’t survive, Asha's qualifications and expertise and the beauty of the meticulously kept historical venue would make it a spectacular evening. Asha was always patient, responsive, flexible, and happy to help. All the staff at the mansion were wonderful to work with and couldn't be more polite and accommodating.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

In addition to being a unique and beautiful venue, the Engineers Club was expert at coordinating all aspects of my wedding. We had our ceremony and reception there, and it was a complicated schedule with three different bands, acrobats and other performers. The staff at the Club was extremely well organized and kept everything running perfectly on time. Guests raved about how good the food was and how nicely the evening flowed. They could not have done a better job, we are so happy that we had our wedding at the Engineers Club.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Brigitte
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married here this past month and we were blown away by how everything turned out. The mansion was built in the 1800s and is out of this world. We didn't have to go overboard on decorations, because the venue itself was enough to wow our guests (think traditional elegance). The club sits directly on Mt Vernon park, which is arguably the most beautiful spot in the city. We had free reign of the club on our wedding day, and we made use of it all- the 2nd floor bridal suite- we moved guests from one room to the next as our ceremony, cocktail hour, & reception progressed. We decided to do a brunch wedding to cut down on costs, with the addition of hors d'oeuvres, a salmon entree and crepe station. A lot of our guests raved about the food, but they were even more impressed with the beauty of the venue. It truly felt magical, and we could not have picked a better place to celebrate our marriage. Asha Hislop was our coordinator, and she was right there with us the whole year while we were planning... remembering all of our little requests and making sure none of the details were overlooked. Asha is a true asset to the club. They were extremely accommodating, and even extended our wedding an extra hour with no additional charge (4 hours total), and served drinks to our guests as they arrived before the ceremony. We had a friend sponsor us from the club, so we didn't have to pay an extra fees to book or join (although we would love to become members one day). We felt the overall bottom line price was very reasonable, which allowed us to spend in other areas. Bloody Marys and Mimosas were included in the per person brunch price, and for the rest we did an open bar per consumption (which totally worked for our daytime affair of about 130 people). Our wedding was like a dream come true, and I couldn't be more impressed with the Engineers Club and their entire staff.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our wedding here, what I can I say, the venue is so attractive & ornate, that we did not have to spend too much on flowers & decorations. We had the cocktail hour in the drawing room, dinner in ballroom, and dancing under the stars in the atrium so you didn’t have to worry about weather, but it was still like you were in a European courtyard! The whole mansion is extremely spacious, you do not have to worry like many other mansions about guests being in different rooms & not being able to see or hear what is going on. Everyone can fit into each room utilized! Also, there is an upstairs and downstairs that we had access to the whole day!!!! From 8am to 9pm when we left!. The upstairs bridal party suite was just renovated and all the girls could dress & relax in the morning. It was very spacious, with mirrors & the lighting was great for getting ready. Downstairs was where the groom's party could hang out with a bar & a pool table. We did not have to worry about another wedding & we had personalized service all day. The people there are extremely helpful & available. Asha was our coordinator and I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone. There were so many little personal details that she incorporated and allowed for us, which at other venues are an additional cost for everything little thing! They also had so many items, such as bird cage for holding cards, vases, mirror centerpieces, etc. we could borrow to keep down wedding costs. The Club is definitely worth the price for such tailored, detailed service for your special day. For example, I wanted an old bay aioli with our crabcakes, & horseradish to be served with the NY strips, & it was not a problem at all. This leads me to the food. The quality & selection of the food is excellent. We actually utilized the club membership for the year before we were married & attend many events such as crab feasts & Sunday brunches. I miss the food and events so much! I would highly recommend this venue to everyone!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our wedding at the club this weekend and it exceeded expectations. We threw a big holiday party that we happened to get married at and Asha and all the staff were amazing! The club is gorgeous with character you won't find anywhere else and then there was the food which was great! We did cocktail style reception, the food was constantly replenished and great value for the price (people are still talking about the crab dip days later). All came together for a night that just blew us away and we likely to join the club itself.

• Wedding: 12/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved this venue. We had the dinner in the atrium, it was like we were outside in a European courtyard, without the heat (an August wedding). The reception was in the ballroom, very spacious. The ceremony was in the front room, which has a large window that brought a lot of light into the room. There are several other rooms on the first floor that we used, one for the dessert bufffet and candy bar, another for the bridal party to relax after the ceremony, before the party. Also, there is an upstairs and downstairs that we had access. The upstairs was where the bridal party could dress and relax. It was very spacious, with mirrors and the lighting was great for getting ready. Also, a separate room for food setup. Downstairs was where the groom's party could hang out. There was a bar and a pool table. We had the entire place for the whole day for an evening wedding. We did not have to worry about another party. The venue is so attractive, that we did not have to spend too much on flowers and decorations. The people there are very helpful and available. I would highly recommend this venue.

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
B
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Let me just take a moment to express how AMAZING Asha is. This woman is nothing less than Superwoman. Asha was responsive, amicable, & willing to do whatever it took to make me happy. I trusted her completely with all tasks related to the wedding. If you have Asha, there is no need to even think about having a wedding planner! She did it all. She is nothing short of amazing to work with.
Her staff and that venue run events like CLOCKWORK. Asha was amenable to bartering the price if we were flexible on payment. I always felt welcome at the venue, and I would often stop by to get ideas and see layouts.
On the Engineer's club: What an amazing venue. It is a bit pricey. Realize that you will be paying for a membership fee just for the priviledge of being ABLE to access the grounds for a wedding. This fee is approx 3k, and that is what I paid, though I have heard other brides bartered that price down a bit. Then you have to have a minimum of 120 guests (approx) for sat. & plates will run you between $120-150 pp. It does sound like a lot. But hereare other things you are getting wrapped up in that price:
- tables/chairs/linens
- No need to decorate because this place is BEAUTIFUL and full of history. If you have never seen it, google it right now!
Since they do so many weddings, they had an OVERSTOCK of wedding related items. I didnt need centerpieces bc they have an entire ROOM dedicated to glass flower vases/jars/candelabras/baskets/ etc. They have silk flowers. They have excess candles. Cake stand/cutters.... you get the point. Just ask and if they have it, you are welcome to use it.
Everyone could not stop complimenting me on the location and how delicious the food was or how friendly and fun the staff was (my dad grabbed one of the lady servers and started dancing with her in the middle of the night to which she happily obliged!).
Thank you Engineer's club for an unforgettable wedding. Thank you Asha for being my rock star during this process!!!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As soon as Ed and I got engaged we had appointments with many different reception sites all over Baltimore City. The first place Ed and I visited we thought we were sold. Ed and I had other appointments scheduled for that night. We did not want to be rude so we decided to still go ahead and meet with the other reception sites. Boy am I glad we did!! Our second appointment was at the Engineers Club. As soon as Ed and I walked into the Club we grabbed hands and looked at each other, we knew this is was it!

When entering the Engineers Club you can not help but notice its incredible architecture! We met with Asha and she took us through the entire club. There are four rooms in the Club; one more beautiful than the next. You get to figure out how you want to use all of the rooms because if you book there you have the venue to yourself for the whole day!

Asha was very easy to work with. She helped us figure out the best way to set up the club for our special day/night. Ed and I were looking for more of a cocktail style reception and some other venues said that they did not know how to make that happen. Asha gave us about 5 different options on how this could be achieved right on the spot.

I had previously read some reviews about the food. I tried to go into our tasting without any expectations because I did not want to be disappointed. My highest expectation was blown! The food was GREAT! The crab cakes are some of the best crab cakes I have EVER had!

The venue looked INCREDIBLE! The staff was so helpful and friendly!

I am getting compliments from everyone that was there! If I had to do it again I would do the exact same thing!

I 100% would recommend the Engineer's Club for your venue! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was perfect. We received so many compliments on the gorgeous venue and excellent food. The staff was fun to work with and always very accommodating. On any one day, your wedding is the only one at the venue, and there is a lot of personal attention to all details.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As I rest up from my daughters wedding on October 27th, I wanted to take a moment to tell you how wonderful Asha was to work with. I produce commercials for a living and am so familiar with endless details and how some people are naturally equipped for those tasks and others just are not. Asha is quite a find and a wonderful asset to the Engineers Club.

When we were shopping for venues, and there are many great ones in Baltimore,we came upon the Engineers Club. The bride felt instantly attached to it and while I thought the physical building was lovely, it was Asha who turned my head. From the first instant I met her, she was warm, welcoming and so professional. Dealing with Brides, and Mothers of the Bride is no small task as emotions can run very high, but not once did Asha show anything but calm and a willingness to make the day as special as we had hoped. She made us feel that we were the most important thing to her and helped me with finding vendors who were the perfect match for what we wanted.

A wedding is a huge investment and while the Bride and Groom had the day of their dreams, I also, with Asha's help had the day I dreamt of.

Thanks to all of the staff for their hard work. The Chef helped my husband finish the wedding cake. We were down to the wire on that, as the decorations he had ordered did not arrive on schedule and there was a last minute run to get more icing. Good wedding stories for the future! But, your staff who does dozens and dozens of weddings acted as this was their one and only and with the Chef's help, my husband got into his tux in time.

Best wishes to you and your entire staff. If anyone ever wants a recommendation, just send them my way.

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding experience at the Engineers Club was absolutely delightful. Krystal and the staff took care of us from start to finish and helped to put on a most classy affair. During the preparation phase, Krystal went out of her way to help keep things within our budget and advise on each and every detail. On the day of the event, Gayle was there at our beck and call to help make the day special and assist with everything. Krystal went beyond the call of duty to help decorate and add little touches to bring everything together. I never had to worry about anything on the day of the wedding - it all went so smoothly. The food was excellent. The venue is a spectacular place to have a wedding. It couldn't be more beautiful. Our guests were blown away. In summary, it was a magical evening - the photos resemble a scene out of the Great Gatsby.

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved the Engineer's Club! It was beautiful, and really set the tone for an elegant wedding. We had lots of space to get ready and we loved that the whole space was ours for the whole day. It's a beautiful venue and they make it really easy to get things done. I loved the food there also. It was delicious, and they let us add some foods that weren't regularly offered on the menu.

Also, I loved working with Krystal. She was our contact person and she eased my nerves and made me feel confident about my decisions and how the day was going to go. They do this a lot so they know what they are talking about, and at the same time they gave me personal attention so I didn't feel that I was one of many.

• Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at the Engineer's Club are all extremely friendly and helpful. My guests were in awe from the beauty the club offered as well. Plus the food was delicious and a big hit with everyone. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone!

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Jessica
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have found a better place to get married. I searched for 6 months for the perfect place. The second that we walked into The Engineers Club, the search was OVER! I cannot say enough good things about Asha. Asha was the point person for my wedding. She understood exactly what I wanted from the second I walked in the door. She made sure that my wedding was a dream come true. Asha truly made every idea or thought I had become a reality. The staff at EGC are phenomenal. They could not have been any nicer or more helpful. For example: They made me a plate, told me that I needed to eat, when I didn't eat they packed us food to take to the hotel. When I was finally willing to take my veil off, they put it somewhere safe and packed it for me to pick up in the morning. They danced with my wedding guests (of course, they asked me if it was ok first) the wedding guests LOVED it! They were so much fun. It truly felt that they were part of the party and not people being paid to be there. I cannot say enough positive things about EGC. My wedding could not have been any more perfect thanks to Asha and her crew.

If you are looking for a more traditional route, Asha will be very willing to work with you. I wanted a causal approach. Asha will take the things you want and create something even better than you imagined!

My wedding guests are still talking about how amazing the staff was/is and how delicious the food was! You will not find a better place to get married!

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best wedding venue in Baltimore. The food, staff and everything in between was top notch. Asha is an amazing wedding/party coordinator and I couldn't have done it without her. I highly recommend this location and staff to anyone who is looking to have a beautiful wedding where memories will be made and pictures will be fantastic.

Private User
410-539-6914
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7