The Elkridge Furnace Inn

4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Wedding was June 6, 2015. EFI was exceptional...delicious food, fabulous service, spectacular venue. Could not be happier
with our wedding reception venue and the support and attentiveness we received. Highly recommend.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

A truly perfect wedding! The food, the cake, the wait staff, the gardens...absolute perfection!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Everyone at the Elkridge Furnace Inn was wonderful, and it is a beautiful location. Christene gave us a tour around the property and I fell in love immediately, especially with the outdoor ceremony area. After choosing some details about the food we wanted for the cocktail hour and dinner, she quickly gave us an estimate. Whenever I emailed her or Tad, they answered within 24 hours. And we met Chef Dan Wecker several times--he made sure we had gluten-free and dairy-free options for our guests and was so accommodating. All of our guests raved about how much they loved the venue, the food, everything! You can't go wrong when you choose EFI.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Private User
Recently Married

When I was searching for venues, which pretty much started the day after I got engaged (maybe even the night of), I knew I wanted an outdoor wedding at a mansion/inn type place followed by a reception at the same venue. If you're a bride considering the Elkridge Furnace Inn, you probably are looking at the same places I did (and I dragged my poor fiancé to see all of them, there isn't a historic inn in the state of Maryland that he hasn't begrudgingly visited), and I cannot advise you enough - choose this one. This is a full service wedding venue, and that full service is 5 star quality. There are plenty of reviews about the quality of the staff, and they are all true (but let me throw a shout out to my bridal attendants Megan and Taylor, because you girls were rock stars) - I will add this, they love what they do and it shows in their work. I had a buffet style dinner, and throw whatever conception you have of buffet food out the window, because this was fine dining deliciousness buffet (order the fried mac and cheese hor dourves by the way, you won't be sorry). Christine and Tad are above all, skilled professionals. My husband (so weird to type!!) and I had an amazing time at our wedding, and that's the way it should be.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow is all I can say about our experience at the Elkridge Furnance Inn. Our May 2nd wedding was just perfect and went off beautifully. Tad ran our event and was great!!! He was on top of every detail and made me feel at ease. All of the staff at the Furnace Inn were so nice and helpful. I am so glad that I picked this venue. Our ceremony and reception were here and parking was plentiful so it made the experience convenient for guests. The grounds are maintained so well and the location is secluded so the event feels more intimate. The food....oh my goodness, amazing. Our guests could not stop talking about the crab cakes at our Maryland table and the NY strip at our carving station. They are so flexible when it comes to the menu. They basically say here are some examples from other event menus but tell us what you want. They even made my mini fish tacos with marguerita shooters for cocktail hour. I would definitely recommend the Furnace Inn!

Josh and Stacey
04/26/2015

There are not enough great things I can say about the Elkridge Furnace Inn (EFI). From the first interaction we had as guests of the amazing restaurant to our final farewell on our wedding day, the staff and experience at EFI is one of a kind. The grounds and mansion are perfectly maintained. Even though our wedding was still relatively early in the spring season and it had been a particularly cold winter, it felt like EFI summoned the plants into blooming just for us. They have strategically planted so that no matter what time of year it is, it is a beautiful and picturesque location. Since my husband and I are foodies, food was a really important aspect of our wedding and EFI excels in this area. We first fell in love with their perfectly cooked steaks in their restaurant. Every time we ate there, the quality of the food was stellar. The food from our wedding was no different; it was just as delicious on the day of our wedding as it was when we did our tasting. All of their menus are customizable, even down to garnish and other details. Our guests complimented the food constantly. Finally, I am convinced there is no better staff who could have managed the details of our wedding. Even though Tad is a relatively new addition to EFI, it feels like he has been working there forever. He made time to meet with us beforehand to make sure he understood all of the details and flow of the day. When we dropped off all of the personal items and decorations, he ensured he knew where everything was supposed to go. Ally was our bridal hostess and she was just delightful. She checked in just enough to make sure we had everything we needed, and did not become overbearing in any way. Chef Wecker, who is not only the executive chef but also the owner of EFI, made a personal appearance just about every time we went there, including giving personal congratulations on our wedding day. EFI truly encompasses the definition of hospitality - highly recommend it!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
TMcG
Recently Married

The Elkridge Furnace Inn is a dream that came to life. We had an amazing wedding there in April 2015. The flowers had bloomed and the entire venue was decorated in nature. It was like a garden, green and full of beautiful flowers and Dogwoods. Chef Dan and his staff are all a wonderfully supportive and creative group of people. They not only created a fantastic event, but also handled all the food and our wedding cake. I always had access to the wedding planning team and always received a quick response anytime I had questions. The event was exactly how I had always dreamed our wedding would be. It was elegant with a touch of home mixed in to make it the perfect night. We enjoyed 3 different types of culinary delight in the stations Chef Dan suggested. A mixture of North Carolina southern cuisine and Maryland seafood with Crab cakes and Rock fish. Everything was delicious. As the Bride, I couldn't have asked for a better experience, even when I was at my most stressed times, the wedding coordinator and catering manager kept things on track and made me feel at ease. I was most impressed with the help we received on the day of the wedding. Everything was planned and executed at just the right times. We had someone assisting us at every turn. We were never without a beverage or a plate of yummy goodness. We danced the night away and worried for nothing. We love the Inn and the people that make it so special. Thank you EFI for a wonderful memory!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

WHERE DO I BEGIN!?!?
Elkridge Furnace Inn was amazing. It was one of the last venues that we had looked at, and prior to seeing them we were pretty sure that we had picked a different venue but we thought that we might as well look at all the options we had picked. And boy am I glad that we did.
The minute we pulled up to Elkridge our mouths dropped open. It is the most beautiful and unique venue. We met with Christene who helped us through the entire process. She is one of the most honest and helpful people!! We knew right away this was the venue we wanted.
Even going through a few changes (on our part) on where the ceremony would be, Christene was willing to help no matter what. During our tour we met with the Chef, he asked what our backgrounds were and when he found out I was Ukrainian he told me about how he did a wedding for another Ukrainian girl. He might be the most amazing Chef ever. He studies different food from every where and will make you whatever you want!
We came for our food tasting, and we about fell over and died because it was so delicious.
During the wedding planning, Christene and Tad both were so helpful. I had never planned a wedding before and there were things I had no idea how to do. But they were always there to help us and answer questions.
Tad was absolutely amazing the day of the wedding. At one point someone said "weddings are a girls thing" and you could tell that he took a little offense to it. And as well he should!! He was amazing and he did everything he could that day to make our wedding perfect. Weddings are Tad's thing!!
I don't remember the lady's name, but she was there the whole day for me and the groom. She got us food and drinks and I don't think we even had to lift a finger, she even helped me get into the limo on the way the church and helped carry my train too!! (I feel horrible I can't remember her name but if someone from Elkridge reads this, please make sure she sees this!!)
THANK YOU!!
Dylan and Xenya

The Elkridge Furnace Inn responded with the following comments:

It was our pleasure! Congratulations again!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Elkridge Furnace Inn was a beautiful location to host our wedding. Everyone we worked with over the course of planning the wedding was professional and did an amazing job. We also got our wedding cake from EFI and it was delicious. Overall we had a wonderful experience working with the EFI and would highly recommend this as a wedding venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were married on October 24, 2014 at a church and had our reception at the Elkridge Furnace Inn. We fell in love with the place in January 2014 while searching for venues for our big day. The Menu was amazing and the staff were so helpful up until the last minute of the reception! I have to eat gluten free, and the chef was very accommodating ensuring there was plenty of gluten free options (even gluten free pasta)! We had our formal photos taken at the ceremony point, and it was beautiful! Our wedding day was perfect and the staff at the Elkridge Furnace Inn helped in this!

Julia
10/19/2014

My daughter wanted a rustic elegant wedding so we chose to check out The Elkridge Furnace Inn after seeing it online...we actually did not go anywhere else after seeing the venue and talking to the wedding cordinator.be
I can't even begin to tell you how happy we were with this venue! The chef met us personally.., helped us stay within out budget yet created the most amazing food ..our wedding cordinator Steve was phenonomal to work with as well as the rest of the staff..he defnitely wanted to make my daughter and us as happy as possible... Two very sweet young ladies were there to help us in the bridal suite the day of the wedding and to see to anything we needed.. the wait staff was courteous to our guests and all in all the day went off with out a hitch! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue!

Larissa
10/17/2014

What more can I say about the grounds and staff of EFI that have not already been praised? I walked in off the street and was able to get a tour. The grounds are beautiful and no detail has been spared in decorating the old Inn. Chef Wecker was such a kind person-very enthusiastic, humorous and considerate. Steve was a dream coordinator! He dealt with my never ending questions with kindness, courtesy and was always prompt in his responses. He made both my husband (then fiancee) and I feel very comfortable about our big day and assured us that the event would be a success! Indeed, with the combined enthusiasm, passion and kindess of the EFI team-our wedding was a wonderful event. We could NOT be happier with our choice to have both our ceremony and reception here. Keep up the GREAT work EFI-you all ROCK!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough words to express how thankful we were to have chosen the Elkridge Furnace Inn for our wedding ceremony and reception. Christene, Steve, Chef Wecker, & the entire staff are BEYOND incredible. They truly are the "best of the best" in their field. From the first time I met Christene, she was extremely accommodating, & so warm & friendly. I felt like she understood us as a couple perfectly, as well as what we wanted our wedding to be like. Since she took the time to get to know us, she was able to offer such incredible suggestions about vendors, ways to incorporate some of the details we wanted, & so much more!

When we met Chef Wecker, he told us he could create anything we could think of in terms of food, & he certainly delivered. We had stations as our dinner service, which allowed our guests to choose from three different complete meal options. Chef Wecker's food is impeccable, & every one of our guests told us it was the best food they have ever eaten at a wedding.

Steve made our day run so smooth, & truly pays attention to every detail you can imagine (& even those you cannot!) to make everything perfect. He is such an expert in his field, & made our wedding run so on point that no time was wasted, & we could enjoy every single moment of it. If there was any question we had, Steve preemptively would respond it our address it so that on the wedding day, there was absolutely no stress!

We can honestly say that there is not one thing we'd change about our wedding at the Elkridge Furnace Inn. Their vendor recommendations were flawless, their attention to detail stellar, and they made us feel like they cared about us and would do anything to make our day perfect. Elkridge not only met our expectations for a perfect wedding, but went so far above and beyond them. They aim to please and deliver, and we recommend them without any hesitation.

-Ali & Matt

The Elkridge Furnace Inn responded with the following comments:

Wow! Thank you Ali! It was our pleasure and you were a stunning bride! Best wishes always!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Staff at the Elkridge Furnace Inn, especially Christene, Chef Wecker and Steve, are absolutely phenomenal. From the start to the finish everyone that we worked with was so easy to deal with and incredibly flexible. They answered every question that we had quickly and we felt like we were able to create our dream wedding within a budget. The food was excellent and the service was excellent. They set up every decoration and votive exactly how I asked and broke everything down at the end of the night so we didn't have to worry about anything. I got sick with a cold on my wedding day and they were so accommodating and thoughtful throughout the entire day. We will miss working with them but it is so special that unlike most venues we are able to visit Chef Wecker and his team every year for a wonderful anniversary meal. I cannot say enough great things about this place, they made our day perfection.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A classy venue for foodies! The site is gorgeous and the food fantastic. My husband and I wanted a place that reflected our style (good food, good wine, and beautiful scenery) and EFI delivered. The Chef is wonderful and willing to customize your menu, the sky is the limit. The Inn also accommodated the food allergies of our guests without batting an eyelash. I think one of our guests summed it up with, "This is the best wedding food I've ever had".

The office staff are super responsive and made planning a wedding long-distance easy! I'd go with their recommendations on other vendors as well. All in all, we had a fun, beautiful wedding and I know some of our guests are planning return visits!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely the best experience we've ever had! The day of our wedding was the Furnace Inns 6th wedding for that weekend. Their staff and management didn't skip a beat and the entire event ran smoothly. We were made to feel calm and comfortable throughout the entire rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. Any special requests we had were accomadated for right away. The food was exquisite! Not just your typical average food selection either. Everything was prepared with special attention to detail. They really take pride in their work and it truely shows. Thank you so much Elkridge Furnance Inn staff for making our wedding experience one we will never forget!