The Elkridge Furnace Inn
We Make Memories
5745 Furnace Avenue
Elkridge, MD 21075  | map
Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party...
Catering: Offered in-house

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I had the most amazing wedding at the EFI! Everything was beautiful and perfect- it ran so smoothly, the food was terrific, and it looked fantastic. EFI is a gorgeous venue and they personalized everything to be exactly what I wanted. Chef Wecker is so kind- he joined us for the menu meeting to customize my vision and came up with great ideas- then it was executed to perfection. Steve, the wedding coordinator is the absolute best. He is so organized and on top of things. I didn't have to think on my wedding day- he was always three steps ahead of me and keeping everything on schedule. He and the staff made my decorations and personalizations flawless. When we came to pick up my personal items the next day, everything was clean, organized, packed and labeled. It was so nice to have someone looking out for all my little details and dedicated to making my day special and personal. My bridal attendant, Abby, was fantastic! Thank you Steve, Chef Wecker, and everyone at the EFI for making my wedding day the most perfect day of my life!
The Elkridge Furnace Inn responded with the following comments:
It was an honor to be a part of your very special day! Congratulations again!!
Wedding: 04/19/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Private User 4 Reviews
Elkridge Furnacee Inn was one of our top choices for our Wedding Reception Venue. However, we wanted a venue were guests could also lodge and stay the night. We had our Wedding Reception else where. However, we decided to have our rehearsal dinner at Elkridge Furnace Inn instead.

My husband and I, along with our friends and family members, had a wonderful at our Rehearsal Dinner. I worked with Matthew and Michelle primarily for the planning portion of the event, and they were both wonderful! The food was absolutely delicious and the ambiance was wonderful. The staff was very attentive and professional. I would definitely recommend Elkridge Furnace Inn to others for any event. My parents loved it so much, I have made reservations and decided to take my mom there this coming mother's day!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They were fabulous and so was the place....
Wedding: 01/04/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Excellent, wonderful, perfection! The Elkridge Furnace Inn knows what they are doing. The venue is gorgeous, the staff delightful and the food delicious! Steve is the main man there and he is the most helpful person a bride can have while planning her wedding. Steve answered all the questions I had and helped me plan everything from start to finish. He kept everything organized for the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. My wedding here was a dream and I would highly recommend The Elkridge Furnace Inn to anyone looking for a wedding or event venue.
Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough about the location, the look and staff at Elkridge Furnace Inn! They are all beyond compare! Everyone was a complete professional and took 90% of the stress out of my wedding. Everything ran so smoothly, I was terrified that the other shoe was about to drop... and thankfully it never did!

I highly recommend this venue if you wish to be married, the location is wounderous! The food, excellent! This is the complete venue package!
Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
In late August 2013, my husband and I were married here. From start to finish, I could not have chosen a better venue.

Matt worked with us to make a wonderful menu, that all of our guests raved about, and that fit our budget as we needed. He then handed us to Steve, who helped us plan every detail, with expert advice. Both of these gentleman were so laid back and made this very complicated time so easy. Steve gave us so much advice on what he has seen work and not work, and how to make this day fit our expectations without the stress.

Our food tasting was delicious and the night of was no different. Chef Wecker is an outstanding chef, and I will make excuses to come back and visit again.

The day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about anything. The EFI team set up my decor, placed my cake, ensured my vendors were attended to and in the proper locations, and that all guests knew where to go.

The night of the wedding wasn't without it's glitches on my end, but the team here handled them expertly. There was some light drizzle leading up to the ceremony, so Steve was ready with an alternative, though left the final call to me. My grandmother was late, so Steve pushed the ceremony back and cut cocktail hour in half to keep us on schedule (which was perfect.) My dress tore, and my bridal attendant had it sewn in minutes, and even safety-pinned the spots where you could see dirt so my photos were perfect. Whenever my family challenged Steve on something, he always held to my wishes, and never made a decision without asking me first. The food was delicious, and the bar was wonderfully stocked, as we requested.

It's been a month, and my family and friends can't stop saying how gorgeous the wedding was, how great the food was, and how perfect everything went. I have been told by several that it was the best wedding they have been to, and I owe a huge amount of that to EFI.
Wedding: 08/23/2013

Private User 2 Reviews
My husband and I used this venue for our wedding and it was absolutely amazing. The wedding coordinator, Steve was nothing but helpful and the big day was perfect. The food was amazing and we will be returning whether just for dinner or other events.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I were married at the EFI on May 18, 2013 -- on a somewhat wet, grey and hectic day. My wedding day leading up to my ceremony was less than perfect, but that all changed once we got to Elkridge Furnace Inn.

My husband and I did A LOT of DIY projects, including building our own chuppah, collecting vintage china for the centerpieces, creating a ribbon wall backdrop for the band and providing a complicated seating chart. Every little detail was perfect down to the placement of the last picture frame and mason jar. I walked through the tent before the ceremony and could not believe how they made our visions come to life.

Our menu was delicious thanks to input by Matthew and tweaking by Steve. They even allowed for speciality cocktails for the bride and groom, which were a big hit! When my bridesmaid became ill during our ceremony, Steve and Cameron were so professional and attentive, taking great care of my dear friend without causing too much interruption to the wedding ceremony (as much as can be avoided when a bridesmaid keels over after the first kiss).

Our guests could not stop gushing about what a beautiful venue we had chosen and how helpful the staff was. They were always there yet never in the way. My husband and I even got a huge kick out of having Steve so close by at the ready with napkins when we shoved cake in each others faces and hair. So fun!

Leading up to the big day, Matthew was wonderful with preparing us for the wedding of our dreams while keeping us on budget. And Steve only continued those efforts in bringing the little details to life and giving us great ideas for decor and logistics (thank goodness, as I did not have a wedding planner).

Seeing Chef (as I only knew to call him) on site at every visit was such a treat. You could really see the passion that went into the cooking and the locally grown ingredients. And he's such a pleasure!

All in all -- the perfect pick of venue. Thank you, all!
Wedding: 05/18/2013

Anonymous 6 Reviews
We were thrilled with everything about the Elkridge Furnace Inn (EFI). We sought out for a unique space that would feel different from other weddings we had attend but wouldn't break the bank. The sales manager was more than willing to work with us so that we could fit EFI into our tight budget and even suggested moving the wedding to an off day (ie Sunday evening instead of Sat) so that we achieve everything we wanted for the price we wanted. The food was fantastic, all weddings are catered by the in house restaurant so there is no outside caterer to deal with. The staff was extremely helpful throughout the whole process. In your venue contract you are given a day of coordinator who is fantastic at what he does and was a huge help in the months leading up to the wedding and the day of. I definitely suggest this venue to anyone who is looking for a wedding with a unique feel.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We could not say nicer things about EFI. Steve, Chef Wecker and the entire staff were absolutely amazing through out the planning and our entire wedding day. Steve was there to answer all our questions and made sure that everything was just as we imagined for the day of. Chef Wecker was willing to work with our menu choices and took time to talk to us and ensure that everything would go smoothly. All our guests raved about the food and how gorgeous the venue looked. We lucked out with the weather and mother nature did very well with everything blooming, but without the atmosphere of EFI, it would not have been half as nice looking. We cannot thank EFI enough for helping us make our dream day come true!
Wedding: 04/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I got married at "The Inn" in April of 2013. We began the planning of the event in advance and I scooped up a date quickly because I knew this venue would have a lot of weddings booked there. It is quite possibly the perfect backdrop for a wedding! I can't say enough great things about the staff and the coordinators, Steve & Matthew at EFI. They are quick to respond to e-mails, answer phone calls, etc. They were very straight forward about the price from the beginning and I had absolutely no surprises! People loved the food too! I highly recommend the Salmon - delicious! My friends and family thought the venue was beautiful, the staff was friendly and on top of things, and that the wedding ran smoothly. Honestly, I might be bias but I don't think I could have picked a better spot. I didn't hire a coordinator and did everything on my own. However, for the DIY Brides you should know that EFI has it all under control. Steve was my day of coordinator and ran everything beautifully without having us there for a rehearsal that Saturday night. They also assigned me an attendant, Abby, who literally catered to my every need. Champagne, water, lipstick removal from my dress right before walking down the aisle (Uh - yes! True story), and even running up those long stairs to get my party shoes after I said "I do!" - she was right there. Looking back, The Elkridge Furnace Inn was the perfect spot for our wedding. I hope all brides reading this have a magical day like I did at “The Inn!”
Wedding: 04/14/2013

Stephanie 8 Reviews
I highly recommend the Inn for a wedding venue. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They were very organized and were great pre-wedding and day-of coordinators. The off-season rental price was a bargain. They have everything - linens, flatware, dishes, etc. The food was amazing. On one visit for breakfast at the restaurant, the chef took our families on a tour of the Inn. The whole process was very personal yet professional. The setting is lovely. Everything about the venue and restaurant were fantastic.
Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I toured EFI in June 2011 and booked my wedding for October 2012. I worked with Matthew Balan, to tour the venue, learn about their services, and complete my menu. He is extremely courteous, responsive, and genuinely thrilled for the couples he works with. Whenever I had a question, I would email Matthew and within an hour, I had a response. He knows how much I love EFI and was so gracious whenever I showed up unannounced to brings friends and family to show them where we would be getting married. Leading up to the wedding, I began working with Steve Warrick. Steve is extremely organized and can handle every small detail you throw at him. My guest count changed a few times, and Steve had no problem accommodating changes. His assistant, Monica, is equally as awesome. She is there to serve the bride and groom and make sure your day goes off without a hitch! I had plenty of custom decorations to bring including straw flags, pictures, frames, and plenty of other items and everything was put in place exactly how I wanted it! The staff is simply incredible. None of your guests will wait long for food or drinks. They were kind enough to bring cocktail hour food outside after our ceremony was over while we were taking pictures. They even brought champagne for the entire wedding party! All of my guests complimented the service left and right. I received more compliments on the food than I could possibly count! We had a late night buffet with sliders and mini grilled cheese with tomato soup shooters that guests were absolutely thrilled with! They will literally do anything you want with food and dessert. The team at EFI made our wedding day dreams come true. As cliche as that may sound, I have been to so many weddings in my life and would be honest if there was a hiccup or something wasn't fantastic but there is nothing negative I can say!
Wedding: 10/06/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
I could not have chosen a more perfect venue to have my weedding ceremony and reception. From the very beginning of my planning process, the folks at the inn have been wonderful. They were so willing to work with me to create my perfect day. The setting is beautiful and the food is amazing! We still love to return and eat at the inn. Steve, the wedding coordinator is a godsend! He was there every step of the way and answered all of my questions and worked with me on every last detail. He ran our day perfectly and I didn't have to worry about a thing! I would recommend this venue to anyone!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Elkridge Furnace Inn is so beautiful. Everyone that attended my wedding could not stop talking about how beautiful it is.
All of their employees that worked during my wedding were super amazing, I had guest contact me after the honeymoon to tell me that as well.
The food they prepared was delicious!
The Elkridge Furnace Inn met every single expectation I had for my big day! I could not have asked for a better place to have a ceremony and reception at. We will enjoy going back there for our anniversaries.
Wedding: 08/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the moment I stepped onto the grounds of EFI I knew that it would be the place that I would get married. I started the planning process very early, about 16 months before our wedding date, and met first with Matthew for the initial tour. Matthew was very knowledgable, patient, and very responsive through the planning process. He guided me through the menu selection and made sure that my selections fit within the budget that I had set. I felt confident and comfortable that I had made the right decisions and couldn't wait until it was time to meet with the Bridal Coordinator, Becky, because I had read so many rave reviews about her. Matthew let me know that Becky would contact me about six months prior to my wedding date to set up another meeting.

The Christmas holiday came and went and it was almost mid-January before I realized that I had not heard from Becky. Chalking it up to a busy holiday season, I decided that I would go ahead and give her a call just to introduce myself. You can imagine my surprise when I was told on the phone that Becky was no longer at EFI and that her replacement, Charles, would be contacting me for a meeting. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed because I had read so many amazing things about Becky and was really looking forward to working with her but I assumed that Charles would be just as fantastic. Well, since this review is about EFI and not about Charles, I will keep things brief and just say that Charles was not fantastic. To make a long story short, his communication was brief, sharp in tone, and not friendly. I almost felt as if I was bothering him whenever I had to ask a question. After months of minimal communication, I came to terms with the fact that I would probably just have to deal with him and make the best if it. Then, about three days before my wedding, an email popped up on my screen that changed everything. "Hi Amy, my name is Steve and I am going to be the coordinator on your wedding day," is what the email said. Sitting at my desk at work, I started panicking a little bit because, even though Charles was not my cup of tea, at least he knew all of the details of my big day. How can I communicate everything to Steve in a matter of days? Panic!

I needed to go to EFI that evening to drop off my final payment to Pat (who is also amazing, to say the least) and when I arrived she, Chef Wecker, and Steve were waiting for me to inform me that Charles was no longer with the Inn, that Steve had taken over, and they were 100% committed to making sure that my wedding was going to be all that I had dreamed it to be. I left our 45 minute meeting feeling better and more assured than I had in the six months prior when I was working with Charles. Steve was professional, organized, and very knowledgable and made me more relaxed than I had been for a long time. I can safely say that, without Steve, I would not have been able to enjoy my wedding day at all.

On the wedding day, Steve and his team along with Chef Weckler, accomplished perfection. A lot of people have asked me if I would have done anything differently and I can honestly say there is not one thing I would change. I would give just about anything to be able to relive that day just one more time because it was nothing short of a fairytale. If you want to hear your guests say that your wedding was the best that they have ever been to, then look no further than the Elkridge Furnace Inn. From the beautiful grounds, the top notch staff and service, to the food, they are simply the best. I cannot wait to go back year after year to celebrate our wedding anniversary and to reflect on what was simply the most amazing day of my life.
Wedding: 06/15/2012
 410-379-9336
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire