The DJ Crew

The DJ Crew

649 Ecton Ave
Akron, OH 44303 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band, Classic Rock, Cla...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The DJ Crew was a dream to work with! We had lead DJ Andrew and second DJ Tyrone, and both were incredibly professional but also fun. They impeccably managed the party from start to finish, getting involved on the mic when necessary but not inserting themselves into the party when they weren't needed to keep the fun going. Our dance floor was packed and energy high thanks to them! The event planning system The DJ Crew offers gave us the peace of mind that all of our special requests and music selections would be honored. They were probably a bit pricier than other vendors, but we definitely think the extra money was worth it. Andrew got to know us enough in just one phone conversation and by reading through our planning site, that he knew our music tastes and the vibe we wanted and executed it flawlessly. It was so great to have him in charge! We 100% recommend The DJ Crew.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014

John,

Just wanted to thank you for the excellent service! The Djs (Andrew and John) were amazing and truly made the reception exactly how we had imagined it! They were easy to work with and made sure at all times that everything was going the way we wanted it. They played every song we asked them to play and picked great dancing songs. We had so many people still dancing at the end of the night they actually started chanting "One more song" and we contribute that to your djs! Thanks again for everything!

Kayla and Brandon

• Wedding: Recently Married
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The DJ Crew was a great choice for my recent wedding. We were skeptical at first to use them because of their price quote, but after talking to them on the phone for over an hour and listening to their strategy, giving us example introductions and showing us videos of some of their receptions we just couldn't say no, and have no regrets. Everything ran smoothly throughout the night and we did not have to worry about a thing. They coordinated and kept us moving with all of our main events throughout the night. Overall, The DJ Crew is professional, hard working, and put you at ease. I would highly recommend using The DJ Crew, thank you!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could never express how amazing John is at the DJ Crew. Way way way beyond any expectation. The DJ Crew made my daughter's wedding truly a day to remember! Seriously, do not hesitate to hire the DJ Crew. The most professional, fun and take charge group ever. John - you are seriously the best of the best of the best. Thank you for everything!!!!

Marla B

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Services Used: Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the absolute privilege to work with the DJ crew. John & Jeremy did an amazing job and we couldn't have asked for a better night. They kept the energy going all throughout the night and were very strategic on how they played the music. There were some times throughout the night when we had to change or extend songs and they were great on being flexible and adjusting when they needed too. I was never worried throughout the planning process and trusted their judgement when making song choices to keep the energy high so everyone had a fun time. You will not be disappointed by choosing this company when looking for a high energy, professional DJ service at your next event!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with John and The DJ Crew for our wedding. As someone who was helping to plan a wedding from out of state, The DJ Crew was recommended to us, and they did not disappoint. From the first time we spoke, things just clicked, and we were off and rolling. They are experts in what they do, and how the approached our wedding. From how easy it was to communicate with them, to the endless ideas and suggestions based on their experience was truly over delivering on what they promised. Helping to coordinate the ceremony music, entrance music, reception music was a huge help. We had a nontraditional wedding, and The DJ Crew helped to deliver that style. I can not say enough good things about the company and their staff.

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The DJ crew did an absolutely amazing job! John is so creative and had so many great ideas for our wedding video! Eric and Eric jr. (videography) were friendly, professional and very helpful! Eric jr. even held my dress as I walked :) They produced and awesome video for us. The DJ crew is a DJ service you don't want to pass on! You'll regret not having these guys there to help make your day that much more special. Thank you John and Shadow studio for your outstanding work ethic! you guys rock!!

• Wedding: 05/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would like to thank Kevin and John of the DJ Crew for the beautiful, fun-filled memories that our family and friends will forever cherish. On May 10, 2014 my beautiful daughter, Mary, married the love of her life, Josh. They are a very special couple...my daughter is wheelchair bound, however, Josh and anyone else who loves and admires Mary looks beyond that and only sees the gift she is to all. It was evident to all who shared in our celebration that our DJs felt the same. They were exceptional, loving and professional in every way and became like part of the family in our joy. Because Mary loves to dance (in her chair), a dance was exuberantly shared by everyone as they danced in their chairs surrounding Mary and Josh. It was so much fun. The enthusiasm and charisma of the DJs kept the dance floor filled, which included one of the priests in attendance. We all enjoyed the wedding reception so much that at the request of many we extended the celebration one hour longer!!! Again, Kevin and John, "thanks for the memories"!!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
4.5/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The DJ Crew was a great choice for my wedding. They kept everything running very smooth so I didn't have to worry about timing. I am very happy with my decision to use The DJ Crew! My only pain was them not being able to play a couple of songs my guests requested during the evening.

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The DJ Crew was the 2nd vendor we booked, which is usually not the second on the list. However, once we had our reception venue/date, we started reaching out to all potential vendors for all our wedding needs, and the DJ Crew was that quick in responding!!

Upon our first phone appointment, we spoke for probably an hour, and John (the rep) was incredibly informative, helpful, excited and re-assuring. He sent me sample videos of their receptions, etc. After that, there was no question we wanted this company to play our music!!

From there, the process of planning, paying and executing is simple. Go into your personalized account, enter in all the information as you get it, make your payment, put your reception timeline on there, and lastly, add your dance music! First dance, father/daughter, mother/son, must play's, maybe play, etc.

My philosophy throughout planning was that if I am paying a vendor to do a job, then I must trust them to do it!! So, when I was sent an email reminding me of a good time to enter x,y, and z information, I did it! The week of the wedding, our appointed DJ called, and went over everything. From how to say bridal party names, to suggestions on the timeline, etc. In short, EASY, easy, easy (as long as you can give them specific information over time on your planning tool).

The day of, we were not disappointed. I cannot remember a point where the dance floor was not packed. Phil picked all the right music, at all the right times. He listened at my requests (which, were limited, because we wanted a variety), and played those too. Some have said it is the BEST wedding music that had heard in some time.

I believe in what they do, and they delivered the exact package they promised. I had recommended them to a friend, and she is using them in August!

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The DJ's from The DJ Crew (Jeff and Joshua) did a wonderful job coordinating our events and kept us moving so we got to dance after all the main events (garter toss, first dances, etc.) were taken care of. Additionally, they worked as "damage control" and respectfully declined some inappropriate music requests made by one particular cousin of mine so that I did not have to directly address her or make a scene. I am indebted to them for that- and for being such good sports about handling the announcement of a certain surprise I had arranged for my husband. At one point in the evening, Jeff approached my husband and I to ask if we needed anything to drink or if there was anything else he could get for us. You don't often find the high-quality customer service and professionalism these DJ's provided- and to have such funny, light-hearted yet hard-working, competent individuals was a true blessing on one of the most important days of our lives up to this point. Thank you, DJ's Jeff and Joshua. :) You are superb and I will recommend you to anyone I know looking to host an event in the future.

• Wedding: 05/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Phil and Ryan kept the dance floor packed all night. It turned into a 90's dance party and couldn't have wanted it any differently. Phil was able to keep everything smooth and had just the right tone that our intimate wedding asked for. He even let me dedicate a first dance to my friends that never had a wedding reception of their own. Thanks again!

• Wedding: 05/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I knew we wanted to book the DJ Crew for our April wedding because we have seen them perform at other weddings in the past. Let me just say, they did not disappoint! They were amazing to work with, so flexible and energetic. By the end of the night everyone was jumping up and down on the dance floor and I was hanging off of the rafters! It was crazy fun! Thank you DJ Crew for helping make our night unforgettable!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I received our package with DJ Crew from the all inclusive package with Elm Ridge Party Center. We had so many compliments from our guests about how good the music was! Even the police officer on duty told me what a party we had! Our lead DJ was Josh, and he was very easy going and easy to communicate with. He was personable and made me feel like I could ask him anything. H was very flexible, and gave me her personal phone number to contact him with any concerns. He played all of the songs we wanted, and all of the genre's of music we like. We had a blast, and danced all night! We would recommend DJ Crew to anyone!

• Wedding: 03/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John Kerata and his team made my reception a LEGENDARY night. They continued to keep the party bumping and I literally had the time of my life. I am so grateful to have used them as my DJ service and I know my wedding would not have been half of what it was without them. My friends and family said that it was the best reception they have ever been to and I know I have The DJ Crew to thank for that. AMAZING SERVICE AND A MUST FOR ANY PARTY/WEDDING/EVENT!! I will brag to anyone and everyone because they are just THAT GOOD.

The DJ Crew responded with the following comments:

Thank you Justine! It was incredible. If anyone wants a glimpse of that awesomeness view the highlight reel here:

Videography, lighting design, and DJ service by The DJ Crew.

• Wedding: 12/14/2013
Justine
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend using the DJ crew for your wedding. They were incredibly professional through out the whole process, very responsive and reasonably priced. I only gave them 2 "must play" songs and their playlist for the rest of the night was awesome. They got everyone on the dance floor immediately and kept the dance floor going all night. I had people at the end of the night asking if we could get them to play for longer. Our DJ was Jeff and he really helped with the floor of the night. He'd check in with me before all of the important events to make sure I was ready and that all the right people were in the room. Overall great service!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
330-869-5665
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards