The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

I cannot say enough about this venue. As an out of state bride, I was fearing what the outcome would be and not having seen the plAce in person made me nervous. However, throughout my planning, Angie was very attentive and super accommodating. The venue is beautiful at night and gave is that homey feel we so wanted. I would totally recommend this place.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

There aren't enough good things I can say about this place! The staff is such a please to work with. I would call at the oddest hours and someone was always there to assist me. (Although Angie only works day shift)
Let's talk about the venue: Absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't capture how breathtaking this venue truly is. From the dramatic tall columns at the front of the Dr. Phillips house, to the very back "Garden" area. I couldn't get enough. I actually opted to have my ceremony back in the garden area, cocktail and dancing in the actual courtyard, and dining inside. The Garden is such a hidden gem inside of the heart of Orlando. The forest feel in the midst of a busy city captivated each one of my guests. I was able to put french doors outside and come through them .. getting married under a huge gorgeous tree. The courtyard had lights put up prior to my wedding, much to my surprise and I almost cried of happiness when I saw them. Inside the Dr. Phillips is filled with character and vintage find in every detail of the house. I loved it.
They have an OPEN BAR for 4 hours for astronomically LOW prices. (Which sold my Husband right away, lol) If you're looking for a beautiful vintage venue- The Courtard is the way to go.

Recently Married

We had our wedding at the Dr. Phillips House and it was perfect! Everyone was commenting on how magical and surreal the location was - we held our ceremony in the backyard under the gazebo, dinner inside, and then dancing outside again. It is a gorgeous location and an amazing price for what you get. Angie was such a joy to work with throughout the process and we were able to visit the location multiple times throughout the process! I would definitely recommend this location to anyone looking to get married in the Orlando area!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Angie was wonderful to work with. She answered every single question (no matter how silly) and was flexible with payments (I tend to forget dates very easily). Although there was some confusion about another wedding the next day with a bride of the same last name and some rooms that were held, everything was worked out and the day went smoothly. The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne was extremely affordable and many of our guests loved staying at the location of the venue. The IW Phillips House was the perfect location for a small, intimate wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at the Dr. Phillips House. I cannot describe how perfect everything was. I have been to countless weddings and seen all the issues that can arise. We had no problem whatsoever with anything throughout the night and the staff was excellent. Angie was beyond helpful throughout the whole year of planning. She is so responsive and answered every question we had. I admit to asking some pretty specific and strange questions, and she was always happy to help. We were a little concerned about the layout- having dinner inside and dancing outside is unusual. But, I have to say, we really preferred it! The dinner was so intimate, even though we had about 70 guests. We were able to easily speak to all our guests, without having a dance floor segregating everyone. The room we used for our honeymoon suite and for the girls to get ready (not the usual one- we booked the Dr. Phillips Room for the same price) was absolutely stunning. Our photographer and videographer were so pleased with the amount of light and the space in the room. I cannot recommend this venue enough. We even had some guests stay in the Wellborn, and it was so convenient. The breakfast at the IW House is great too! I am so happy with how our day went and I attribute most of it to our fabulous venue. It needs little decoration because it is so decorated already. If you're considering it, definitely choose it if you want a unique, intimate, beautiful space for your day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The first time my fiancee and I toured the Dr. Phillips house we knew it was the venue for us. It was the perfect size for our wedding and we loved that our ceremony and reception would be in the same location. The staff was wonderful and went above and beyond to ensure our special day was everything we hoped for.

Nicole
10/05/2014

The moment I went to visit the venue for the first time I knew that I had found the place where I was going to get married. It is so beautiful, classy, quaint, and the perfect spot for any special occasion. I was married at the Dr. Phillips house. Angie did a fabulous job keeping me updated on any questions I may have had and overall the level of communication was awesome. I had both my ceremony and reception at the venue and everything went extremely smooth. If you're looking for a beautiful place for an event, the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne is a wonderful option.

Recently Married

Great place and location to celebrate and hold any kind of life event or meetings. This place is huge , clean, and beautiful. The price is great.!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We LOVED this venue. We had the option of choosing the Dr. Phillip's house (The yellow mansion with the Gazebo in the back) or the I.W. Phillips house (blue wrap around patio) house. I'm sure a lot of people choose the Dr. Phillips house as it is breathtaking, however, the IW house is just as equally PERFECT! In fact, from a couple of acquaintances, it has been referred to as the 'quiet, cooler' outdoor wedding area compared to the Dr. Phillips house (the Dr. Phillips house is not as shaded, and a bit loud with the 408 road. My personal preference of course is to recommend the IW house with the choice between the two. The inside and outside of this house was completely breathtaking in the evening all lit up. My guests are STILL raving about what a beautiful venue the IW house was and how they had no idea it was tucked away there off of Orange Avenue. We were married on the hottest day so far this year (it was 96 degrees as a high) with a 6p start time. While still hot, at the IW house the courtyard was completely shaded and there was no 408 noise with that location. It was perfect!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A beautiful bed and breakfast for a romantic wedding. Angie and the whole staff go above and beyond to create a memorable wedding for the bridal couple, families, and guests.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Awesome place. We loved the uniqueness of the venue and the value. We highly recommend it.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Working with Angie was a pleasure, she was so nice and pleasant. She was easy to reach and got back to me promptly, very helpful and informative. We had our reception at the Dr. Phillips House and it was absolutely beautiful! Package was affordable, reception, catering and drinks were all included. We loved staying in the bridal suite the night of the wedding (included in package), such a nice treat! We highly recommend you check out The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne.

jennifer
02/01/2014

Angie and the entire staff at the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne were wonderful in every aspect of the wedding planning, rehearsal and day of event. They responded promptly when I had questions and could not have been more accommodating. I would highly recommend this vendor to future brides. It was my pleasure to have worked with them.
Patti, MOB

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fantastic venue for an intimate wedding. We had 60 guest. Everyone had a blast and was taken care of.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Bed and Breakfast(Dr. Philips House) was so beautiful for my wedding. I had the time of my life with no worries. I would love to go back for a visit sometime soon.

1+ year ago

I couldn't have been more pleased with the venue. The courtyard at the I.W. Phillips house was breathtaking at night and was perfect for our wedding of 60 guests. Angie and Sherry were awesome and so very helpful. I wouldn't have changed a thing!!!