The Club Continental

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Perfect day at the perfect venue!

• Wedding: 11/28/2014
Tina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Such a pleasure to work with and the food was amazing. We received so many compliments from our guests about the beautiful venue and great food.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Carla and the staff are amazing and are there every step of the way to ensure that the wedding of your dreams comes true! My husband and I fell in love with the venue that moment that we drove up and knew that we didn't want to look at any other location. This same thought was echoed by all of our guests at the wedding. Planning a wedding from a different state can be hard at times but Carla made sure that no matter the time or day that we had questions she answered them as soon as possible.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Club continental was a dream. The people , the place and the service was impeccable.
I would choose to get married here 100 times over :) thank you Carla Sparks for all your time and help !!!

Ashley & Kirk

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Planning
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Club Continental is the ideal setting for an elegant and romantic wedding and reception. We used the venue for my daughter's wedding reception and it was simply perfect. With the St. Johns River as a backdrop and the beautiful courtyard entrance, the stage was set for a magical event. Using the half club (garden room, fireplace room and front living room) gave us plenty of room to create a nice flow for the event from cocktail hour to dinner to dancing for our group of 60. The food and service was excellent. Every staff person was a top notch professional. Carla Sparks made the event planning easy from the straight-forward pricing to handling the last minute details. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Theresa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I recommend The Club Continental for anyone celebrating a major special occasion but specifically for a wedding. The location with its beautiful view of magnetic old oak trees and the St Johns river is one of a kind. The staff, service and the food is all top notch. While the buildings are old, the rooms are renovated and very clean and comfortable. The small Bar in an old wooden home is very convenient and cheap for after parties. Over all, this is a fantastic location. Thank you for everything!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What an amazing venue! My husband and I chose this venue nearly 3 hours from our home because it was not only beautiful but an great value. Words I would use to describe the venue are timeless, classy, upscale, and jaw-droppingly beautiful. And the staff are amazing! Carla is extremely accommodating and helpful, and a life saver when it comes to planning your event. On our Big Day, Jacob was our concierge and I felt instantly at ease, knowing our event was in experienced hands. The wait staff were very attentive, anticipating everyone's needs. Jacob made sure my husband and I had a sampling of all our hors d'oeuvres (since we were absent from the cocktail hour for our photos), first to be served at our lush buffet, and ensured our glasses were never empty all night. Choosing this venue was hands-down the best decision I made in planning our wedding. Kudos to the folks at the Club Continental!

• Flexibility: 5.0

The Club Continental was the best place for our wedding, it rained that day and everyone was so helpful.
We had the perfect wedding with the perfect place and your staff did a wonderful job. Thank you for making our special day even more special than we could have ever imagined.

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I took one step into this venue and knew it was for us. It is absolutely gorgeous. Our ceremony took place on the river under a huge tree. Our reception was held inside the house. We worked with Carla, who was great. She explained everything to us and was always willing to answer any questions we had.
The day of staff was amazing. I didn't have to worry about a single thing. The wait staff was so friendly and attentive. I could not have asked for anything more perfect.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful! !! This made our reception perfect and we enjoyed every minute if it!

• Flexibility: 5.0

The Club Continental exceeded my expectation and made our special day perfect! The staff was so friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this venue! The price was well worth the whole experience and the food was absolutely delicious! Couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding!

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
Hannah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We booked this venue as a "full club" rental for our wedding and it was absolutely wonderful! Being on the water made for an incredible backdrop for photos, and the venue as a whole is just oozing with old world charm and elegance. The staff is delightful and went above and beyond what any other venues offered in terms of personal service and communication. They were very accommodating on the day of our event and helped tremendously with setup and coordination. All of our guests were impressed with the overall presentation, the ambiance, and with the quality of food and beverages served.

The only disadvantage of choosing this venue, from our experience, was that it also functions as an exclusive dining club and hotel, so this limited some access and availability during the pre-wedding planning. That being said, they still do a pretty good job of maintaining balance as a popular event hub as well as a hotel and as a dining club for their regular members.

I would definitely recommend this venue to any couple looking for an exquisite location that offers a fantastic experience for the wedding party and guests alike!

• Wedding: 08/25/2014
Rachel
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at the Club Continental were absolutely wonderful. Everyone was prompt, professional, respectful, and accommodating. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. If you are a bride like me and looking to use the natural beauty of a venue instead of loads of expensive decorations then the Club would be perfect for you. Carla, the event coordinator at the Club Continental is extremely helpful in recommending other vendors for linens, cake, photography, you name it. She made everything a breeze and kept it low stress.

• Wedding: 08/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Club Continental is an excellent venue to have a wedding & a reception. It's a beautiful, historic place that sits on the St. Johns River. The grounds are well-kept & the area where the wedding takes place sits under a large, old sprawling tree, providing shade. The inside of the club is well-kept. Hotels rooms are located right upstairs. The hotel rooms overlook the St. Johns River. The staff at the club are excellent & really worked as a team to make sure that our wedding day went smoothly & without any complications. The food was excellent! Everything was perfect!!!

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was beautiful. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and clean. It made a lovely backdrop for our photos. The event staff were beyond courteous and helpful on our big day. Definitely rexommend!! :)

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding here in July, and I absolutely loved it!!!! I could have not been more pleased with how everything came out. Carla was absolutely wonderful in setting everything up for us and we couldn't be more thankful! The room we were staying for the night was absolutely amazing as well. The view, the customer service, the food,everything was wonderful! I can't wait to go back ! :)

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Melody
904-264-6070
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards