The Club Continental

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

We choose to have our wedding and reception here at the Club Continental. Carla and her staff were fantastic. Her assistant Jacob was there the day of our wedding and he did a great job. He made sure everything rain smoothly and it did. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have their wedding on the river! It is a great location. Carla and her staff are wonderful.

Catie
02/21/2015

Everything at The Club Continental is high quality. From meeting with the event coordinator and touring the property months in advance, to the day of our wedding. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to meet our needs. The food was EXCELLENT and we received many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the place was. The Club Contintental is popular for weddings and gets requested very far out in advance, so I recommend to not wait, book it now!

Emma
01/04/2015

I absolutely loved the club continental. Carla is amazing and always answers emails right away. It is a bit on the expensive side, but you definitely get what you pay for. It is so gorgeous there and the food was great. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

1 person found this review helpful

The Club Continental was PERFECT for our December wedding. The entire venue was decorated for Christmas and it was absolutely beautiful! The food was EXCELLENT. Carla and her team were absolutely fabulous to work with. Prompt responses, patient answers, and just lovely all around. HIGHLY reccomend to anyone getting married in North East Florida.

L
12/13/2014

The services provided were outstanding. We had a perfect day. The Director/Coordinator Carla Sparks was very accommodating to us when we came in from out of state. She communicated with me whenever I had questions and provided re-assurance. The facility was beautiful and the entire staff was professional in their duties. Courtney also was a wonderful coordinator on the day of event. I have only positive things to say about the venue. The recommended vendors (DJ Carlton McGee and The String Group, Connie Duglin Linens, Blossoms & Accents were also excellent and delivered services as promised. Thank you for all you do to make life time memories for others. I highly recommend the Club Continental on the St. Johns River to anyone celebrating a special occasion.

Tina
11/28/2014

Perfect day at the perfect venue!

Recently Married

They were very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Such a pleasure to work with and the food was amazing. We received so many compliments from our guests about the beautiful venue and great food.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Carla and the staff are amazing and are there every step of the way to ensure that the wedding of your dreams comes true! My husband and I fell in love with the venue that moment that we drove up and knew that we didn't want to look at any other location. This same thought was echoed by all of our guests at the wedding. Planning a wedding from a different state can be hard at times but Carla made sure that no matter the time or day that we had questions she answered them as soon as possible.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better location. On such an important day everything needs to go perfect without any hiccups. The staff was there for us every step of the way. Their kind words, warm smiles, and attentiveness really helped me relax and enjoy our special day. Not only did our wedding go unbelievably smooth, every day leading up to it regarding the ceremony and reception had such an ease about it. Carla answered any and every question I had for her as quick as the concern popped in my head. She helped us sort out every detail and was such a tremendous help in our timeline. I couldn't thank Club Continental enough for playing such a big part on our wedding day and for making it truly amazing.

Shana
11/02/2014

The venue was perfect for our special day! The main house and grounds were gorgeous. Carla was a dream to work with. She easily accomadated my small wedding of 40 guests. The food was even better then I had hoped for! We very much enjoyed our stay as we were treated wonderfully. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride.

Ashley
10/23/2014

Club continental was a dream. The people , the place and the service was impeccable. I would choose to get married here 100 times over :) thank you Carla Sparks for all your time and help !!!

Ashley & Kirk

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Planning
Theresa
10/12/2014

The Club Continental is the ideal setting for an elegant and romantic wedding and reception. We used the venue for my daughter's wedding reception and it was simply perfect. With the St. Johns River as a backdrop and the beautiful courtyard entrance, the stage was set for a magical event. Using the half club (garden room, fireplace room and front living room) gave us plenty of room to create a nice flow for the event from cocktail hour to dinner to dancing for our group of 60. The food and service was excellent. Every staff person was a top notch professional. Carla Sparks made the event planning easy from the straight-forward pricing to handling the last minute details. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Recently Married

I recommend The Club Continental for anyone celebrating a major special occasion but specifically for a wedding. The location with its beautiful view of magnetic old oak trees and the St Johns river is one of a kind. The staff, service and the food is all top notch. While the buildings are old, the rooms are renovated and very clean and comfortable. The small Bar in an old wooden home is very convenient and cheap for after parties. Over all, this is a fantastic location. Thank you for everything!

Jan
09/28/2014

Carla was so helpful and her years of experience helped planning the details of our wedding stress free.

Recently Married

What an amazing venue! My husband and I chose this venue nearly 3 hours from our home because it was not only beautiful but an great value. Words I would use to describe the venue are timeless, classy, upscale, and jaw-droppingly beautiful. And the staff are amazing! Carla is extremely accommodating and helpful, and a life saver when it comes to planning your event. On our Big Day, Jacob was our concierge and I felt instantly at ease, knowing our event was in experienced hands. The wait staff were very attentive, anticipating everyone's needs. Jacob made sure my husband and I had a sampling of all our hors d'oeuvres (since we were absent from the cocktail hour for our photos), first to be served at our lush buffet, and ensured our glasses were never empty all night. Choosing this venue was hands-down the best decision I made in planning our wedding. Kudos to the folks at the Club Continental!

Ashley
09/19/2014

The Club Continental was the best place for our wedding, it rained that day and everyone was so helpful. We had the perfect wedding with the perfect place and your staff did a wonderful job. Thank you for making our special day even more special than we could have ever imagined.