The Club Continental

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carla and the staff are amazing and are there every step of the way to ensure that the wedding of your dreams comes true! My husband and I fell in love with the venue that moment that we drove up and knew that we didn't want to look at any other location. This same thought was echoed by all of our guests at the wedding. Planning a wedding from a different state can be hard at times but Carla made sure that no matter the time or day that we had questions she answered them as soon as possible.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Club Continental is the ideal setting for an elegant and romantic wedding and reception. We used the venue for my daughter's wedding reception and it was simply perfect. With the St. Johns River as a backdrop and the beautiful courtyard entrance, the stage was set for a magical event. Using the half club (garden room, fireplace room and front living room) gave us plenty of room to create a nice flow for the event from cocktail hour to dinner to dancing for our group of 60. The food and service was excellent. Every staff person was a top notch professional. Carla Sparks made the event planning easy from the straight-forward pricing to handling the last minute details. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Theresa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What an amazing venue! My husband and I chose this venue nearly 3 hours from our home because it was not only beautiful but an great value. Words I would use to describe the venue are timeless, classy, upscale, and jaw-droppingly beautiful. And the staff are amazing! Carla is extremely accommodating and helpful, and a life saver when it comes to planning your event. On our Big Day, Jacob was our concierge and I felt instantly at ease, knowing our event was in experienced hands. The wait staff were very attentive, anticipating everyone's needs. Jacob made sure my husband and I had a sampling of all our hors d'oeuvres (since we were absent from the cocktail hour for our photos), first to be served at our lush buffet, and ensured our glasses were never empty all night. Choosing this venue was hands-down the best decision I made in planning our wedding. Kudos to the folks at the Club Continental!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Club Continental was the best place for our wedding, it rained that day and everyone was so helpful.
We had the perfect wedding with the perfect place and your staff did a wonderful job. Thank you for making our special day even more special than we could have ever imagined.

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I took one step into this venue and knew it was for us. It is absolutely gorgeous. Our ceremony took place on the river under a huge tree. Our reception was held inside the house. We worked with Carla, who was great. She explained everything to us and was always willing to answer any questions we had.
The day of staff was amazing. I didn't have to worry about a single thing. The wait staff was so friendly and attentive. I could not have asked for anything more perfect.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful! !! This made our reception perfect and we enjoyed every minute if it!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Club Continental exceeded my expectation and made our special day perfect! The staff was so friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this venue! The price was well worth the whole experience and the food was absolutely delicious! Couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding!

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
Hannah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We booked this venue as a "full club" rental for our wedding and it was absolutely wonderful! Being on the water made for an incredible backdrop for photos, and the venue as a whole is just oozing with old world charm and elegance. The staff is delightful and went above and beyond what any other venues offered in terms of personal service and communication. They were very accommodating on the day of our event and helped tremendously with setup and coordination. All of our guests were impressed with the overall presentation, the ambiance, and with the quality of food and beverages served.

The only disadvantage of choosing this venue, from our experience, was that it also functions as an exclusive dining club and hotel, so this limited some access and availability during the pre-wedding planning. That being said, they still do a pretty good job of maintaining balance as a popular event hub as well as a hotel and as a dining club for their regular members.

I would definitely recommend this venue to any couple looking for an exquisite location that offers a fantastic experience for the wedding party and guests alike!

• Wedding: 08/25/2014
Rachel
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at the Club Continental were absolutely wonderful. Everyone was prompt, professional, respectful, and accommodating. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. If you are a bride like me and looking to use the natural beauty of a venue instead of loads of expensive decorations then the Club would be perfect for you. Carla, the event coordinator at the Club Continental is extremely helpful in recommending other vendors for linens, cake, photography, you name it. She made everything a breeze and kept it low stress.

• Wedding: 08/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Club Continental is an excellent venue to have a wedding & a reception. It's a beautiful, historic place that sits on the St. Johns River. The grounds are well-kept & the area where the wedding takes place sits under a large, old sprawling tree, providing shade. The inside of the club is well-kept. Hotels rooms are located right upstairs. The hotel rooms overlook the St. Johns River. The staff at the club are excellent & really worked as a team to make sure that our wedding day went smoothly & without any complications. The food was excellent! Everything was perfect!!!

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was beautiful. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and clean. It made a lovely backdrop for our photos. The event staff were beyond courteous and helpful on our big day. Definitely rexommend!! :)

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding here in July, and I absolutely loved it!!!! I could have not been more pleased with how everything came out. Carla was absolutely wonderful in setting everything up for us and we couldn't be more thankful! The room we were staying for the night was absolutely amazing as well. The view, the customer service, the food,everything was wonderful! I can't wait to go back ! :)

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Melody
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Club Continental was everything I could have ever hoped for and more for my wedding! The site was absolutely beautiful inside and out. Working with Carla was so great! She was always there when I needed an answer to something, and was always flexible to meet with me throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding I had Janet as the Onsite Coordinator and she was an absolute DREAM to work with! She made sure that we never had a need go un-noticed. She was so sweet and instantly put me at ease. The ceremony outside is GORGEOUS and the inside is just as beautiful! I cannot wait to see pictures because I just know, because I picked the Club Continental, those pictures will be divine! The food was amazing, the staff was amazing, and we stayed onsite, which was also amazing. Its not the cheapest of venues, but to me, it was worth every penny! I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Guest comments all positive. Event was very professionally run !!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Stephen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carla and the staff of Club Continental were the most amazing people we could have asked for! Carla assisted is in every facet of planning our vow renewal and recreating our wedding and made it infinitely special and meaningful! The staff the day of the event worked with us in every way possible to make it beautiful and elegant! The food was absolutely amazing! Our guests could not stop complimenting about how beautiful the mansion and grounds were and how wonderful the food was! Everyone had a great time and we couldn't have asked for a better team to work with to make our event exactly the way we dreamed it would be! Thank you all so much!

• Wedding: 05/28/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I knew that we wanted to have our wedding at the Club from the second we drove onto the property. The grounds are immaculate. We initially spoke with Janet who answered all of our questions before we even had to ask them and was so refreshing from the other 5 venues we had already looked at. I dealt with Carla the most (Special Events Coordinator) but she too was fantastic. They all are so professional but easy to talk to and would answer my emails the same day. Myself as well as all of my Bridesmaids stayed on property the weekend of which relieved a lot of traveling stress! The day of, Janet worked the wedding and she worked so wonderfully with my day of coordinator, DJ, photographer and everyone else that was part of our wedding. The food was to die for. There was not one person who did not enjoy the buffet that we chose. The Continental team even made a plate for BJ and myself for when we got up to the room after the wedding. We decided to rent the River house behind the Club for an after party. It was so relaxing and Kim was such a great bartender. I really could go on and on about our experience but to say that it was a perfect day is really an understatement of our wedding. We were to blessed to have been able to have our wedding at Club Continental.

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
904-264-6070
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards