The Club Continental

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

I can't thank Carla and her staff enough for helping to make our wedding absolutely perfect. The entire year we were planning, Carla and her staff were very responsive and answered all of our questions. She answers e-mails quickly and is more than willing to meet with you as many times as needed. She made sure everything went smoothly so that my husband and I could just enjoy each other and our guests. The venue is absolutely stunning and our guests keep saying how absolutely beautiful it was! Thank you so much for everything! Make sure to book ASAP as they fill up quick (just goes to show how amazing they are!)

Andrea
04/04/2015

Amazing venue, not much more we can really say about it. Their catering was so great, they food was absolutely delicious. Not a single complaint. We ran into the possibility of raining out and the staff was ready to move the venue indoors in a moments notice. The Manager was always within an earshot for any decision regarding the ceremony and reception it made things go so smoothly. Obviously the venue is beautiful but to see it setup for your wedding make it look so incredible.

Charlisa
04/03/2015

The Club Continental is an excellent choice for a wedding; its serene courtyard, to its majestic view of the St. John's River, is nothing short of amazing. I would highly recommend this venue and its manager, Carla Sparks, is a true professional and responsive to all needs.

Morgan
03/21/2015

Very friendly staff. Carla was very helpful during the.whole.process of the wedding. Very.beautiful venue

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Club Continental was a dream wedding location for me. The 1920s mansion combined with the lush greenery and river front view make it a stunning venue for any wedding. I was very satisfied with their service throughout the planning period. Carla was always quick to respond to my emails! The servers on the wedding day took excellent care of us and I couldn't complain if I tried to. The hotel portion could use some assistance though. They "lost" a room reservation and inconvenienced us and our out of town guest. After we made alternate arrangements for her, they found the reservation hand written somewhere? Anyways, it's was too late at that point. It still could not damper my day though. I have nothing but good memories of my wedding there. I highly recommend The Club Continental to any bride!

alex
03/14/2015

Absolutely beautiful venue that really gives out of town guests a shock when they realize how magnificent some parts of Jacksonville are. Our wedding began on the outside rotunda at 6pm just as the sun was beginning to set. Guests were shaded by a huge lit-from-beneath oak tree as they looked over the St. Johns River. Then we headed inside for dinner, drinks and dancing.
The wedding coordinator at CC was very knowledgeable and accessible. Even more so, the staff was incredible. So kind and thoughtful. The manager was always checking on us during the wedding and even sent a bottle of champagne and a platter of food up to our rooms without us asking. They were pros and treated our guests so well.
Ceremony and reception were both on the property. The after party was at the lake house bar right next to the property so no one had to drive anywhere.
Overall, I'd definitely recommend the Club Continental to anyone. We were able to stay within our relatively modest budget and still have a great wedding. I really couldn't be happier with our choice.

Nyree
03/08/2015

Club Continental was actually recommended by a friend whose son got married there 2 years ago. In the midst of selecting a venue, my husband and I were growing frustrated as time was drawing near to make a decision. My friend raved about Club Continental advising I check them out immediately. From my first inquiry online to meeting with Carla in person, I instantaneously knew this was the right place. Other venues we visited didn't quite offer the warm, friendly, genuine excitement over the occasion like Club Continental. What a relief to have made a decision right there on the spot. The view of the river from the back patio was exactly the backdrop we had envisioned for the ceremony. The ambience of the entire property truly suited our style. Our guests fell in love with the venue and the food was superb! Trust me when I say that the service is top-notch. Carla and her team are with you every step of the way evident by their many years of experience in this industry, and trustworthiness in their interaction with you. They take some of the stress out of planning because they are so attentive. You will not go wrong selecting this venue. It is with high regard I recommend Club Continental for your wedding or special occasion.

Thank you Carla and Janet and the entire staff for helping to make our day so special!

Recently Married

The Club Continental provided a phenomenal wedding venue and service for my wife and I. The wedding itself and the service at the reception was truly second to none. We still hear people talk about how gorgeous and elegant our wedding was. They have a phenomenally professional staff who does everything they can to make your special day magnificent. It is a little pricey and we went back and forth with paying that price, but we were able to settle on a Friday wedding a week before season began to save some money and had an amazing time. I would highly recommend this venue, we had a booking issue that came up with the booking of the hotel rooms but the hotel staff bent over backwards and went above and beyond to make up for it (and that's an under-statement).

Carla and the rest of the staff at TCC are professionals and it shows. If the price is within your range I HIGHLY suggest having your celebration on the beautiful grounds of TCC.

Recently Married

We choose to have our wedding and reception here at the Club Continental. Carla and her staff were fantastic. Her assistant Jacob was there the day of our wedding and he did a great job. He made sure everything rain smoothly and it did. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have their wedding on the river! It is a great location. Carla and her staff are wonderful.

Catie
02/21/2015

Everything at The Club Continental is high quality. From meeting with the event coordinator and touring the property months in advance, to the day of our wedding. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to meet our needs. The food was EXCELLENT and we received many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the place was. The Club Contintental is popular for weddings and gets requested very far out in advance, so I recommend to not wait, book it now!

Emma
01/04/2015

I absolutely loved the club continental. Carla is amazing and always answers emails right away. It is a bit on the expensive side, but you definitely get what you pay for. It is so gorgeous there and the food was great. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

1 person found this review helpful

The Club Continental was PERFECT for our December wedding. The entire venue was decorated for Christmas and it was absolutely beautiful! The food was EXCELLENT. Carla and her team were absolutely fabulous to work with. Prompt responses, patient answers, and just lovely all around. HIGHLY reccomend to anyone getting married in North East Florida.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
L
12/13/2014

The services provided were outstanding. We had a perfect day. The Director/Coordinator Carla Sparks was very accommodating to us when we came in from out of state. She communicated with me whenever I had questions and provided re-assurance. The facility was beautiful and the entire staff was professional in their duties. Courtney also was a wonderful coordinator on the day of event. I have only positive things to say about the venue. The recommended vendors (DJ Carlton McGee and The String Group, Connie Duglin Linens, Blossoms & Accents were also excellent and delivered services as promised. Thank you for all you do to make life time memories for others. I highly recommend the Club Continental on the St. Johns River to anyone celebrating a special occasion.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Tina
11/28/2014

Perfect day at the perfect venue!

Recently Married

They were very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Such a pleasure to work with and the food was amazing. We received so many compliments from our guests about the beautiful venue and great food.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Carla and the staff are amazing and are there every step of the way to ensure that the wedding of your dreams comes true! My husband and I fell in love with the venue that moment that we drove up and knew that we didn't want to look at any other location. This same thought was echoed by all of our guests at the wedding. Planning a wedding from a different state can be hard at times but Carla made sure that no matter the time or day that we had questions she answered them as soon as possible.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue