THE CLASSIC CATERING PEOPLE

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The food from The Classic Catering People was amazing. All our guests loved their meals! The wait staff and all service personnel were very professional and provided A+ service. The chefs were amazing; no need to purchase expensive filet mignon, because the ribs and chicken were melt-in-your mouth delicious! Lynn Piette, Senior Account Executive, provided exceptional services with over-the-top attention to every single detail to make the wedding PERFECT. Lynn's presence during the entire event added a touch of class to the flawless evening. We encourage all brides/grooms to talk with Lynn about all the little things she can do to help make one big perfect wedding day!

Recently Married

Our daughter and son in law got married at the Lord Baltimore Hotel this past July. The Classic Catering People provide the catering for that Hotel. We cannot say enough about Larry Frank, David Atkinson and Corey Taylor. They were the most responsive and professional caterers that we've ever dealt with. (we had made 3 b'nai mitzvahs in the past). Any concerns we had were dealt with quickly. The food was delicious, the wedding cake was beautiful and also delicious. They worked with our other vendor wonderfully and always seemed to go the extra mile. The wedding was wonderful from the planning stage to the reception. Thank you Larry, David and Corey!

1 Review
Recently Married

The food was absolutely delicious. Everyone said so. Nicole Vannatta was very responsive and easy to work with. We had one tiny issue that Nicole resolved immediately and to our satisfaction. If I have another party, large or small, I would hire Classic Catering again without a doubt. Maria, who was in charge that evening, was very organized and kept offering to get me a drink and food. She packed up all our leftovers as well.

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

Larry Frank and David Atkinson from The Classic Catering People made our wedding more perfect then we could ever dream of. We got married at the Lord Baltimore Hotel and they helped ensure that everything ran smoothly. The food and the service were impeccable. All of our guests could not stop saying how delicious all the food was and how the service was outstanding. Cory could not of done a better job directing the dinner service and making sure our night was absolutely perfect. We highly recommend using The Classic Catering People!

Ellen
05/30/2015

Excellent, superb food and service with attention to detail. Larry and Lynne were wonderful to work and creative in menu and presentation.

Services Used: Catering

The Classic Catering People catered our wedding on 5/16/15- all of our guests have been raving about how amazing the food was since the wedding! Additionally, we were lucky enough to work with Lynn Piette- who was absolutely incredible! I can't even say enough positive things about her! She had so much patience when answering tons of questions, was responsive to emails and was a pleasure to work with during the planning process. She really took on the multiple rolls- including helping with the rehearsal, which was a gigantic help! We HIGHLY recommend Classic Catering!

Services Used: Catering

After two years of planning my daughter's wedding, due to circumstances out of our control, we had to re-plan to a new location in five days. Nicole and Larry went out went out of their way to move to a new site and make sure we could keep our same menu. Plus, with three days notice they catered the rehearsal dinner which had to be moved to our home. The service was impeccable and the food was absolutely delicious. A pleasure to work with and a talented staff of cooks, servers and coordinators. I highly recommend Classic Catering for any event. Stacy Sapper stein

Services Used: Catering

With great pleasure, my family celebrated my mother’s 75th birthday on Sunday, January 18 at the Lord Baltimore Hotel. At the center of it all was The Classic Catering People.

Terri Young. What a treasure. It began as a simple e-mail---”Terri, my family would like to host a party for my mom.” The flurry of activity that those simple words set into motion is stunning. Through a series of questions and attentive listening, Terri created the vision for the venue, menu, decor, invitations and music. We remain in awe of how she captured Mom so brilliantly. Plus, the care she took in creating the setting with floral, linens, lighting and tableware, the “reveal” for the dessert, hot beverages and signature cake design, the coordination of all the vendor teams with a master timeline---brilliant.

The food, second only to Terri, is the reason we chose The Classic Catering People. Always creative, delicious, plentiful, and approachable. I mention approachable in the most positive way. Your culinary team’s use of fresh ingredients is the highlight of each dish. To know what we are eating in this generation of garish garnishes and distortion of real flavors!

Dinner was perfection. My mom is known for feeding her family very well and this menu was a reflection of her holiday meals. We are still hearing these compliments, one week later.

Event Manager Pat, Chefs and Team Members continue to be shining stars of the day. From taking great care to ensure that my family was well-hydrated and fed to the precision in which each guest received their dinner courses and wine, the service demonstrated by The Classic Catering People remains unmatched. Family from across the country were impressed by the five-star service. Of course, we in Baltimore know it simply as A CLASSIC!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Janeen
01/17/2015

My wedding was at the National Aquarium and Classic is one of the two caterers that the aquarium has a contract with. From the beginning (which was nearly 18 months of correspondence), Nicole Van Natta was very responsive and helpful. It was a very hand holding process with me; as I had little to no knowledge going into choosing a caterer, but she walked me through it. Once we had decided to work with them, Nicole invited us to their office and asked us questions to learn not only about our food preferences, but what we are like as people. They customize the menu based on the couple. We tried many many things including multiple hors d'oeuvres, desserts, and entrees until we found the perfect tasting meal. And, in fact, after our official tasting, they sent us home with tons of delicious leftovers! They are also very, very cognizant of special needs guests (allergies, celiac's, dietary issues) and act accordingly. I had one guest with celiac's and the entire staff was aware regarding his food preparation and service.

Nicole was extremely responsive, and when it came to the big day, it was like having another friend with me. When I expressed that I was worried about having childcare available, she offered to help me find it. When I was a bundle of nerves, she made sure her staff pulled me aside to ensure that I ate. The staff was extremely professional and worked very very hard. The signature drink suggestion was also amazing. Everyone was absolutely wonderful to work with.

Their prices are very reasonable, and they are easy to work with regarding last minute guest changes, children add ons, additional vendors, and all the crazy drama that goes with a wedding. Finally, the food was absolutely fantastic, and I heard nothing but great things. Definitely recommend using Classic for any event!

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
Recently Married

The Classic Catering People were the caterer’s for my daughter’s wedding two weeks ago. If I had to sum it up in one word it would be “amazing”. Working at an off premise site has so many more challenges than having it at a hotel, but you would never know it based on the outstanding job they did.

First of all, the food was restaurant quality. I had guests tell me “I never eat the food at weddings”, yet cleaned their plates! One table of guests proudly lifted their plates to show me that nothing was left. Another table asked for extra bread to “sop us the sauce”. The chefs did an extraordinary job. The waitstaff and the bartenders were wonderful. Service was efficient, courteous and professional.

Lynn Piette was our account executive. I can’t say enough. She took care of all the details – recommending vendors, ordering rentals, rehearsing the processional, touching base with all of the vendors the day before the wedding to make sure everything was in place. She made sure the bride and groom were taken care of. Her attention to detail, while keeping such a calm demeanor, made the evening seem effortless.

It was a fantastic party!

1 Review
Recently Married

The Classic Catering People catered our wedding at the Carriage House at Evergreen Mansion this past November and it made all of the difference! Lynn Piette helped us pull all the details together and acted essentially as our day of coordinator, everything from helping us develop the timeline of the evening, to making sure that everything was set up ahead of the ceremony, and keeping everything on time. The food was absolutely delicious (I saw a lot of clean plates) and the service was impeccable. Lynn made sure that all of the details came together as we had asked and was completely open to our requests, but she also brought a lot of knowledge - she has worked at most venues many times and knows how to make sure that things go smoothly. As the bride and groom we had a server assigned to us personally, Angie, and she made sure that we got to fully enjoy our wedding! Angie brought around the appetizers to us as well as glasses of water and wine and just generally made sure that we felt like royalty and that we were completely taken care of.

All of our guests had as great of a time as we did, and Classic made it all come together. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Catering

We used the Classic Catering People for our wedding at the National Aquarium. In every aspect, from the start to the finish, they were awesome. From the original meeting, when we were given samples of food that was being prepared for other events, to the tasting, where we were blown away by the food and the presentation of everything, to the wedding itself, where we got compliment upon compliment, everything was amazing.

Through the whole process we worked with Nicole Van Natta. She was very responsive, and basically served as our main point of contact for just about everything related to the wedding. She went way above and beyond what I would have expected of someone essentially just representing the catering company. Not only did she run the show food-wise, she told us when to enter for the processional, she got our table name cards alphabetized, she took care of the picture we used as our "guest book", so on and so forth.

Miscellaneous things of note: We were told "never in my life have I been to a wedding where I left the ceremony and within 30 seconds had bacon in my mouth." We were told by several people that all the staff was super friendly and accommodating. We were told by our vegan friends that this is the only time they've left a wedding feeling full (we had a vegan meal option in addition to the normal meat options). We didn't get charged extra to have more choices in entrees.

All in all, I'd recommend Classic for any event you might want catered. I'd use them again myself!

Services Used: Catering

I can’t thank the amazing staff at the Classic Catering People enough for their hard work at our wedding! The staff was friendly, the cake was beautiful, and the food was delicious!

We loved working with Nicole Van Natta. She was always great with responding to my emails and answering all of my questions. She also helped me organize pretty much everything surrounding the ceremony and reception. Nicole made it so easy to relax and enjoy our wedding, because I didn't have to worry about anything. Everything was setup perfectly the day of the wedding (centerpieces, card table, cake table & topper, etc.). Nicole also made sure we were taken care of the entire night. At the reception I had a really bad headache and she was able to get me something to take right away! I am so grateful for everything she did for us!

The serving staff was also incredible. I received so many compliments about how friendly and helpful all of the servers were. We were very impressed with everyone from the Classic Catering People. People are still talking about how great the food was!

I also just want to mention how incredible the cake was! It was beautiful; exactly what I asked for!

Services Used: Catering

The Classic Catering People were our caterers for our wedding. Being foodies, we wanted a caterer we could count on and knew that CCP would execute a flawless and memorable gourmet experience.

Terri Young was our event manager and was wonderful. She is a creative genius; her attention to detail, personal touches and beautiful presentations helped to make our wedding so much more.

The waitstaff and bartenders were amazing, providing professional, attentive and friendly service. Not once did we or our guests have to wait or have a need that wasn’t provided for.

And the Chefs did an awesome job with the food. From the shrimp and grits, chicken ‘n waffle cones and oyster shooters on our reception to our corn & crab chowder and our delicious duo entrée on our dinner to our desserts and homemade ice cream on our post reception – each offering was an epicurean delight.

Our guests are still raving about our wedding.

The Classic Catering People helped to make our wedding our dream come true and it would not have happened without them. Their expertise, professionalism and phenomenal staff and chefs made them our caterer of choice and I would highly recommend them!!!

Sydney
09/13/2014

The food at the wedding tasted just as amazing as the tasting! making food for 200 taste like for 2 is no small feat! The Classic Catering People have NEVER disappointed! This team is A+ and Lynn was an all-star for our special day. While our wedding planner was lacking in many skills Lynn really stepped up and did more than I ever expected a caterer to do. She helped organize vendors, order linens, chairs, and valet and she really made our day flow so seamlessly despite the chaos of having to use a rain plan. The team at Classic really impressed our guests and I was so happy we had them!

Services Used: Catering

We worked with Lynn and her team at the Peabody Library, where they helped us put together an incredible experience for both us and for our guests. From the first tasting to the event itself, their professionalism, experience, and familiarity with the venue made the planning and execution as easy as wedding planning could possibly be. Lynn worked with us to create the experience we wanted, and gave us her honest opinion (in a good way) to help us figure out what would work well and what wouldn't. When we got to the wedding itself, they took care of pretty much everything, from coordinating with our vendors to keeping our family and friends happy. They even smoothed my bride's dress and were the last people to see her, aside from her father, before she walked down the aisle.

You hear a lot of couples complain about how they didn't get a chance to eat on the day of the wedding. The Classic staff made sure that didn't happen to us, especially our guy the day of, Cory. He brought up a plate of hors d'oeuvres while we were signing the marriage license right after the wedding, made sure that we had a drink in our hands if we wanted one while we were talking to our guests, and brought out our food first so we could sneak in a meal while everyone else was working on their salads. It was great having someone there making sure that we were happy as we were bouncing back and forth between guests.

Plus, the food was great and the cake was beautiful. I would heartily recommend Classic to anyone looking to get married in or around Maryland.

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake