THE CLASSIC CATERING PEOPLE

THE CLASSIC CATERING PEOPLE

Create, Captivate, Celebrate---Classic

99 Painters Mill Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeu...
Maximum capacity: 2000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used the Classic Catering People for our wedding at the National Aquarium. In every aspect, from the start to the finish, they were awesome. From the original meeting, when we were given samples of food that was being prepared for other events, to the tasting, where we were blown away by the food and the presentation of everything, to the wedding itself, where we got compliment upon compliment, everything was amazing.

Through the whole process we worked with Nicole Van Natta. She was very responsive, and basically served as our main point of contact for just about everything related to the wedding. She went way above and beyond what I would have expected of someone essentially just representing the catering company. Not only did she run the show food-wise, she told us when to enter for the processional, she got our table name cards alphabetized, she took care of the picture we used as our "guest book", so on and so forth.

Miscellaneous things of note: We were told "never in my life have I been to a wedding where I left the ceremony and within 30 seconds had bacon in my mouth." We were told by several people that all the staff was super friendly and accommodating. We were told by our vegan friends that this is the only time they've left a wedding feeling full (we had a vegan meal option in addition to the normal meat options). We didn't get charged extra to have more choices in entrees.

All in all, I'd recommend Classic for any event you might want catered. I'd use them again myself!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Classic Catering People were our caterers for our wedding. Being foodies, we wanted a caterer we could count on and knew that CCP would execute a flawless and memorable gourmet experience.

Terri Young was our event manager and was wonderful. She is a creative genius; her attention to detail, personal touches and beautiful presentations helped to make our wedding so much more.

The waitstaff and bartenders were amazing, providing professional, attentive and friendly service. Not once did we or our guests have to wait or have a need that wasn’t provided for.

And the Chefs did an awesome job with the food. From the shrimp and grits, chicken ‘n waffle cones and oyster shooters on our reception to our corn & crab chowder and our delicious duo entrée on our dinner to our desserts and homemade ice cream on our post reception – each offering was an epicurean delight.

Our guests are still raving about our wedding.

The Classic Catering People helped to make our wedding our dream come true and it would not have happened without them. Their expertise, professionalism and phenomenal staff and chefs made them our caterer of choice and I would highly recommend them!!!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food at the wedding tasted just as amazing as the tasting! making food for 200 taste like for 2 is no small feat! The Classic Catering People have NEVER disappointed! This team is A+ and Lynn was an all-star for our special day. While our wedding planner was lacking in many skills Lynn really stepped up and did more than I ever expected a caterer to do. She helped organize vendors, order linens, chairs, and valet and she really made our day flow so seamlessly despite the chaos of having to use a rain plan. The team at Classic really impressed our guests and I was so happy we had them!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Sydney
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Lynn and her team at the Peabody Library, where they helped us put together an incredible experience for both us and for our guests. From the first tasting to the event itself, their professionalism, experience, and familiarity with the venue made the planning and execution as easy as wedding planning could possibly be. Lynn worked with us to create the experience we wanted, and gave us her honest opinion (in a good way) to help us figure out what would work well and what wouldn't. When we got to the wedding itself, they took care of pretty much everything, from coordinating with our vendors to keeping our family and friends happy. They even smoothed my bride's dress and were the last people to see her, aside from her father, before she walked down the aisle.

You hear a lot of couples complain about how they didn't get a chance to eat on the day of the wedding. The Classic staff made sure that didn't happen to us, especially our guy the day of, Cory. He brought up a plate of hors d'oeuvres while we were signing the marriage license right after the wedding, made sure that we had a drink in our hands if we wanted one while we were talking to our guests, and brought out our food first so we could sneak in a meal while everyone else was working on their salads. It was great having someone there making sure that we were happy as we were bouncing back and forth between guests.

Plus, the food was great and the cake was beautiful. I would heartily recommend Classic to anyone looking to get married in or around Maryland.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding reception was at the Pier 4 wing on the National Aquarium. Classic catering was the only alternative to the Aquarium’s in house meal service provider. Nothing about their services, food, or attentiveness were short of phenomenal. Staff (we personally worked with Nicole V.) was so thorough in their planning and consideration that they put us at ease leading up to the wedding. As the largest expense at our wedding, and arguably one of the largest components of the reception, their competency and their art made the service portion of our wedding so memorable. Nicole and her staff worked seamlessly with our other vendors. Perfect flow. Our guests raved about the food, drinks and service. If you are having your reception at the National Aquarium, they are the obvious choice. Elsewhere, we recommend them without hesitation to anyone in the region.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband and I decided to have our wedding at the National Aquarium in Baltimore,
we looked into the 2 available caterers that are contracted with the Aquarium and chose Classic Catering People because they had a bigger selection of food. We worked with Nicole Van Natta, and I can say without inhibition that she was fantastic to work with. Catering was probably the most time-consuming and involved part of planning the wedding (we started months in advance) and I am very grateful that Nicole was so helpful, easy to reach, patient, and nice. Nicole was attentive and totally willing to work with us within budget constraints, and also was super flexible in helping us customize a "kosher-style" meal. It was helpful too that our venue was the Aquarium, and Nicole knows the venue well. The food from Classic Catering was fantastic - we got so many compliments from guests on how delicious and beautiful the food stations were. I really couldn't be happier with Nicole and Classic Catering for the wonderful job they did for our wedding :)

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We vetted four caters during the initial planning stages for our May 2014 wedding. In the end, Nicole Van Natta’s professionalism, inventiveness, and the quality of food Classic Catering People brought to the table (pun intended) won us over.

The planning and execution was seamless, as Nicole kept us abreast of what was happening with the catering every step of the way. This was particularly crucial given we live in Texas and were negotiating a Maryland wedding!

During the ceremony and reception, Nicole stepped up and took charge of every detail, above and beyond the food preparation. Her team was professional and service oriented. Treating us and our guests graciously and with the utmost consideration.

In addition, the food was awesome! Several guests commented the food was the best they had ever had whether it be a wedding or a restaurant.

Nicole and her team went above and beyond for us, and it is in no small part due to their efforts and execution that our day was tremendous!!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I looked all over the place for a company that would make our wedding perfect. I won't say his name but Mr. O (was in charge of the entire wedding ceremony and reception), who works with the company, was in charge of our wedding and he did a perfect job in making everything run smoothly. Every time I brought something up, he handled it with care and speed. The food was amazing to us and once everyone had it, it was also a huge success to the guests and everyone enjoyed the salad, filet Mignon, and crusted salmon. It couldn't have been any better. Food is important but the service is even more important and the servers and bartenders were incredible. They met every need whether it was planned ahead or requested on the spot. I would definitely recommend The Classic Catering People to anyone who wants excellent service and food. I'm retired Air Force so I asked for a military discount and they gave me a discount overall. Again, you can't go wrong with this company.

• Wedding: Recently Married
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We did a blended cultural wedding, East-meets-West. The Classic Catering People were very accommodating in having food that reflected an Italian and Chinese heritage. They changed the bbq shrimp to shrimp pesto, changed the salad from raddichio to red pepper (fits both Italian and Asian), and changed the Thai codfish dish to a Chinese salmon dish. The Chinese long green beans were a clever touch as a side for the entree. They also replicated a Chinese steamed bun dessert (which they never had done, and were eager to learn).

They also were gracious in providing a liqueur and canned lychees for our signature drink, and gave us an extra bottle of St. Germaine and Prosecco.

Throughout, Nicole was very helpful in asking questions and answering our questions over email. And she helped provide options so we could as stay in budget, and it was lovely that she was there for part of our reception to ensure that things ran smoothly.

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Terri Young, Gail Kaplan and crew outdid themselves for our wedding. We were impressed with their creativity and presentation for the evening. The tasting blew our minds....we never expected such a large caterer to deliver the sophisticated menu items and taste profiles. From shot glasses of soup to a raw bar w shucker to passed shrimp and grits in a spoon...they were awesome. As good as we found the food, the service was equally tops. The staff was efficient, but blended into the background when that was called for.

Just the best catering experience EVER!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

One of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process was choosing Classic Catering. Our venue provided us with two catering options and we agonized over which one to go with, ultimately making our decision after speaking with Classic Catering’s Lynn Piette. From the very first email exchange, Lynn exhumed professionalism. Lynn guided us through the entire planning process. She helped us with everything from menu selections to our linens. Lynn was always happy to accommodate any of our requests (and we had several!). Two days prior to the wedding, we dropped off an entire carload of items that needed to be set up at the Peabody. Lynn gladly loaded her car up and made sure that each item was setup, as we had desired. We never once worried with Lynn.

Lynn’s staff was also wonderful. All the servers were happy and very attentive to the guests. The food was served quickly and we maintained on our tight schedule all evening. We have heard several comments from our guests that the food was wonderful. We could not have been happier.
I would highly recommend Classic Catering. Truly one of the best decisions we made!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Classic was great! I was beyond pleased with their service! Kelly was great at all the planning and having a walk through with us the week before. The servers were all very friendly. I never had to go to the bar to get a water or another drink. They always seemed to know when I needed another and were right there. One of the servers also helped me bussel my dress and change my shoes. Everyone addressed me by name and was always smiling. They also made sure the bridal party was taken care of and had appetizers and drinks. The food was amazing! We both ate all of our dinners! We LOVED them. They were totally worth the money. They were amazing!

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For our wedding we worked with Nicole Van Natta. To say that she is good at what she does is an understatement. She was always so good about getting back to me quickly when I had questions and the classic catering people worked very hard to help us craft the perfect menu. After our wedding all of our guests could not stop raving about how amazing the food was and just how happy they were with all the choices. They made our event beautiful and truly helped us to create our vision.

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Classic Catering is the Best!! Our experience with Bobby was incredible. They really gave us the freedom to personalize our entire event, going so far as to use my husbands mothers family recipe. All of our guests raved over the food and the service was impeccable. All of the little details were covered, right down to when Gayle noticed our male guests were looking rather warm, so she came to my husband and asked him to remove his jacket so that others might feel comfortable following suit. I would and will recommend them to everyone. Thank you!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Ali
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had our reception at the National Aquarium in Baltimore on August 10, 2013. The reception was located behind the Aquarium underneath a tent by the water. The Classic Catering People were wonderful!! The food was amazing!! We had slider stations (crab cake, burger, and pulled pork) and an Italian station (chicken marsala, salad, and ravioli). The food was absolutely delicious! We also had about 5 butlered hors d'oeuvres. The pot stickers were soo good! All of the staff that worked our reception, especially Marci, were so very nice to everyone!! I would definitely recommend them!! They also will schedule a tasting before your big event.

• Wedding: 07/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We have nothing but great things to say about our experience with the Classic Catering People and Lynn! Our venue made our selection process for a caterer pretty easy. They gave us the choice between two caterers, and we could not have been happier with our decision. We came to Lynn with a very tight budget. So tight, that we weren't sure that we could make it work. But Lynn worked very hard to give us something that was within our budget and that we could both be proud of.

Once we had selected Classic as our caterer, Lynn was very responsive and helped us create our custom menu, considering every detail of the event. We traded pictures of inspiration, and she showed us example of weddings that she had catered in the past. When we came in for our menu tasting, all the staff were very gracious and attentive. The food was amazing! They even helped us accommodate our guests who were vegetarian and gluten free. Lynn treated us as if we were her only client. She was very flexible with us, and even allowed us to make changes to the guest count just a couple days before the wedding.

On the wedding day, we had no worries. We were confident that Classic had everything under control and everything would happen on time. They cooked everything on site and the food was all very fresh. Wedding food is not supposed to taste this good!!! All of our guests could not stop talking about the food.

But Lynn did so much more than just create a delicious meal. She helped us coordinate all of our vendors, from the venue to the photographer. She helped run our rehearsal and made sure everyone knew what to expect on the wedding day. In many ways, she acted as our wedding coordinator. Her skill and experience gave us a lot of confidence.

I would highly recommend the Classic Catering People for their extreme flexibility and professionalism. They made our wedding such a special event, and we and our guests could not have been happier with the result.

• Wedding: 07/05/2013
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Molly
410-356-1666
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards