THE CLASSIC CATERING PEOPLE
Create, Captivate, Celebrate---Classic
99 Painters Mill Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117  | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors...
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium...
Maximum capacity: 2000

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We did a blended cultural wedding, East-meets-West. The Classic Catering People were very accommodating in having food that reflected an Italian and Chinese heritage. They changed the bbq shrimp to shrimp pesto, changed the salad from raddichio to red pepper (fits both Italian and Asian), and changed the Thai codfish dish to a Chinese salmon dish. The Chinese long green beans were a clever touch as a side for the entree. They also replicated a Chinese steamed bun dessert (which they never had done, and were eager to learn).

They also were gracious in providing a liqueur and canned lychees for our signature drink, and gave us an extra bottle of St. Germaine and Prosecco.

Throughout, Nicole was very helpful in asking questions and answering our questions over email. And she helped provide options so we could as stay in budget, and it was lovely that she was there for part of our reception to ensure that things ran smoothly.
Wedding: 11/16/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
Terri Young, Gail Kaplan and crew outdid themselves for our wedding. We were impressed with their creativity and presentation for the evening. The tasting blew our minds....we never expected such a large caterer to deliver the sophisticated menu items and taste profiles. From shot glasses of soup to a raw bar w shucker to passed shrimp and grits in a spoon...they were awesome. As good as we found the food, the service was equally tops. The staff was efficient, but blended into the background when that was called for.

Just the best catering experience EVER!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
One of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process was choosing Classic Catering. Our venue provided us with two catering options and we agonized over which one to go with, ultimately making our decision after speaking with Classic Catering’s Lynn Piette. From the very first email exchange, Lynn exhumed professionalism. Lynn guided us through the entire planning process. She helped us with everything from menu selections to our linens. Lynn was always happy to accommodate any of our requests (and we had several!). Two days prior to the wedding, we dropped off an entire carload of items that needed to be set up at the Peabody. Lynn gladly loaded her car up and made sure that each item was setup, as we had desired. We never once worried with Lynn.

Lynn’s staff was also wonderful. All the servers were happy and very attentive to the guests. The food was served quickly and we maintained on our tight schedule all evening. We have heard several comments from our guests that the food was wonderful. We could not have been happier.
I would highly recommend Classic Catering. Truly one of the best decisions we made!
Wedding: 10/26/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
Classic was great! I was beyond pleased with their service! Kelly was great at all the planning and having a walk through with us the week before. The servers were all very friendly. I never had to go to the bar to get a water or another drink. They always seemed to know when I needed another and were right there. One of the servers also helped me bussel my dress and change my shoes. Everyone addressed me by name and was always smiling. They also made sure the bridal party was taken care of and had appetizers and drinks. The food was amazing! We both ate all of our dinners! We LOVED them. They were totally worth the money. They were amazing!
Wedding: 10/06/2013

Ali 5 Reviews
Classic Catering is the Best!! Our experience with Bobby was incredible. They really gave us the freedom to personalize our entire event, going so far as to use my husbands mothers family recipe. All of our guests raved over the food and the service was impeccable. All of the little details were covered, right down to when Gayle noticed our male guests were looking rather warm, so she came to my husband and asked him to remove his jacket so that others might feel comfortable following suit. I would and will recommend them to everyone. Thank you!
Wedding: 07/06/2013

Molly 3 Reviews
We have nothing but great things to say about our experience with the Classic Catering People and Lynn! Our venue made our selection process for a caterer pretty easy. They gave us the choice between two caterers, and we could not have been happier with our decision. We came to Lynn with a very tight budget. So tight, that we weren't sure that we could make it work. But Lynn worked very hard to give us something that was within our budget and that we could both be proud of.

Once we had selected Classic as our caterer, Lynn was very responsive and helped us create our custom menu, considering every detail of the event. We traded pictures of inspiration, and she showed us example of weddings that she had catered in the past. When we came in for our menu tasting, all the staff were very gracious and attentive. The food was amazing! They even helped us accommodate our guests who were vegetarian and gluten free. Lynn treated us as if we were her only client. She was very flexible with us, and even allowed us to make changes to the guest count just a couple days before the wedding.

On the wedding day, we had no worries. We were confident that Classic had everything under control and everything would happen on time. They cooked everything on site and the food was all very fresh. Wedding food is not supposed to taste this good!!! All of our guests could not stop talking about the food.

But Lynn did so much more than just create a delicious meal. She helped us coordinate all of our vendors, from the venue to the photographer. She helped run our rehearsal and made sure everyone knew what to expect on the wedding day. In many ways, she acted as our wedding coordinator. Her skill and experience gave us a lot of confidence.

I would highly recommend the Classic Catering People for their extreme flexibility and professionalism. They made our wedding such a special event, and we and our guests could not have been happier with the result.
Wedding: 07/05/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had our reception at the National Aquarium in Baltimore on August 10, 2013. The reception was located behind the Aquarium underneath a tent by the water. The Classic Catering People were wonderful!! The food was amazing!! We had slider stations (crab cake, burger, and pulled pork) and an Italian station (chicken marsala, salad, and ravioli). The food was absolutely delicious! We also had about 5 butlered hors d'oeuvres. The pot stickers were soo good! All of the staff that worked our reception, especially Marci, were so very nice to everyone!! I would definitely recommend them!! They also will schedule a tasting before your big event.
Wedding: 07/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lynn and her team at Classic were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. My husband and I felt comfortable with Lynn and confident in her professional expertise from the very first meeting. Throughout the process, Lynn was extremely quick to respond to all emails and phone calls, and was very flexible with meeting times at their office in Owings Mills. For any bride, time is a valuable resource and sometimes you need answers quickly so you can make the next decision. Lynn was always on top of it! She thought of every possible detail and did whatever she could to lighten the load for me and my husband. The night of our wedding, Lynn made sure we had everything we needed before we even thought to ask for it. She made sure that we ate during the cocktail hour and dinner, she personally took care of unexpected guest requests and needs, and she also arranged the packing up of important family items we didn't want to forget. She even held onto some items we did forget for over a week while we were on our honeymoon! I cannot say enough about the level of service we were provided before, during, and after the wedding by Lynn and the rest of the staff. For days after the wedding, we received calls and messages from guests complimenting us on our catering. We were so happy to hear that not only did they find the food delicious and the bar selection great, but they also appreciated the personal, friendly service they received. Everyone involved in our event was incredibly professional, friendly, and helpful. We knew that Classic would help us create a great atmosphere for our guests, but they far exceeded our expectations. Every bride is a little disappointed when the wedding day is finally over, but I'm doubly disappointed that I don't have another event to plan with Lynn yet! I would recommend Lynn and Classic Catering to any bride without hesitation. The process couldn't have been easier, tastier, or more enjoyable with any other company.
Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband I had limited choices with regards to caterers for our reception venue but even if we had had all the choices in the world, I don't know if we could have found better than Classic Catering. In addition to the wonderful food, our contact Nicole functioned as an amazing coordinator for the big day. In coordinating with the other vendors for us, taking care of all the venue setup and in asking all the questions we didn't even know we had to ask, Nicole helped make our wedding day spectacular. I would recommend Classic Catering (and Nicole!) without hesitation
Wedding: 06/08/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Classic Catering People was a great caterer to work with. We got so many compliments on how the food was delicious and beautiful. We really appreciated how they (1) returned calls and emails promptly (thanks Nicole Van Natta), (2) were very respectful of and knowledgeable about green and sustainable catering practices (they regularly cater at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, so they already knew all about which fish were sustainable), (3) were flexible and provided great customer-service (they provided several different very detailed price quotes and were very helpful in determining the best intersection between what we wanted at the price we wanted). I would consider them one of, if not the top, Green caterer in the Baltimore area (we interviewed with 10 caterers, all of whom received top ratings in Wedding Wire and the Knot) and would highly recommend them to anyone.
Wedding: Recently Married

Iris 7 Reviews
Classic Catering was perfect for my wedding and Lynn was amazing to work with. She figured out exactly what we wanted for our wedding and put together a great menu that everyone enjoyed. Everything from our macaroni and cheese cups, to fruit salad, to truffle butter steak was delicious. And that's only to mention a few! Lynn came up with 7 different appetizers that went together wonderfully for cocktail hour and people are still talking about how good the food was! Their local and environmentally friendly focus was also something that was really important to the groom and myself.

It was also great that Lynn helped us pick out/rent linens, chairs, tables, easels, lighting and everything we needed for that night. She is the reason why our night went perfectly! Thank you Classic Catering!
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have worked with CCP many times in the past. When it came time for my wedding, there was no question who we would be using as our caterer. As expected, they didn't let me down.

The menu was fantastic and the service was even better!
When Ian and I visited San Diego, we tried an appetizer at a local restaurant that we fell in love with. CCP worked with us to make the app exactly as we had remembered. Our guests loved it!
The staff was very attentive to all the guests. One staff member even offered to make a plate for one of our guests so she didn't have to stand in line for the buffet since she was pregnant.

CCP is fantasitc. I would absolutely recmomend them to anyone looking for a caterer and will certainly be using them again in the future!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough good things about classic catering. They made my wedding at the George Peabody Library spectacular! They were extremely warm and flexible to our requests. First off, for our tasting, they made me and my family feel so special and welcome. They had signs posted at their space that said our names and our wedding date and even printed out tasting menus with our names and wedding date. It was difficult to decide on 6 passed apps for the cocktail hour because everything we tasted was so good, so they said, "don't worry about it, choose 7". Another example is for our cake we asked for a semi-different cake that we had purchased once at another bakery in Baltimore. At the tasting, classic's pastry chef came out with the cake and it was spot on. I had tears in my eyes that he was able to and took the time to duplicate it. He even provided 3 different variations of the filling for us to taste to make it just right. When it came time for the actual event, my guests were raving about the food all night. Classic even appointed a server for the cocktail hour to follow me and my husband around specifically with a mixed tray of all of the passed apps to ensure that we were able to get some food and try them all. In addition, we had 4 adults that ended up not coming to the wedding, and we were able to call Classic the night before the wedding and they made the adjustments. They even credited us back the money for those guests who did not attend! Classic thought of everything and we are so happy that we were able to work with them. Lynn is a gem.
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lynn at Classic Catering was absolutely AMAZING! I cannot say enough good things about her and her staff. Throughout our process she was extremely responsive and helpful. Anything we needed or questions we had, she was quick to respond. During the event her staff was amazing. Making sure we had food and drinks and that we remained calm and had an amazing time. I really can't say enough good things about them. They made us feel extra special from our first meeting, to the card we received after our wedding. I would rate them 100 out of 5!!! :)
Wedding: 02/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding reception on November 10, 2012 at the Peabody Library in Mt. Vernon. Because we had gotten married a few days earlier, I chose not to have a wedding planner, but it turns out that I didn't need one anyway, because Lynn and Classic took care of everything and did an amazing job. The food was INCREDIBLE, and Lynn was very receptive to all my crazy ideas about table settings, the layout of the room (we had all long, rectangular banquet tables), and the timing of everything. They were so flexible that we were able to bring in our own alcohol supplier and pies from our favorite place in Baltimore for dessert- Classic set all of this up beautifully and served our pies with ice cream. I was even able to leave some of my personal decorations with Lynn a few days before the reception for her to transport and set up on the day of. You would not have known that I didn't have a planner, everything moved so smoothly. And oh my goodness the food!!
Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Classic Catering was one of my first phone calls when my daughter got engaged. I asked to work with Alan Pressman, one of the senior account executives. He came recommended to us with rave reviews and we were not disappointed. Classic Caterers have a fabulous reputation, but I had never used them and wasn’t sure what to expect. From my very first phone conversation Alan was charming and helpful and eager to please. He met with us to discuss our budget and our “wish list” and I can honestly say, he helped to make my daughter’s wedding a dream come true. Starting with the options for food choices; from appetizers to the main course to dessert every item they served was delicious and the presentation was beautiful and elegant. When we had our initial food tasting one dish was better than the next and we came away knowing that whatever final choices we made, we couldn’t go wrong with any of the selections. Alan was a wealth of knowledge for all things wedding related. We did not have a wedding planner, but Alan worked closely with us; advising us for everything from the venue to the florist to the lighting. We were so happy with all our decisions. Planning a wedding is emotional and can be very over whelming, but we had a sense of calm knowing that Alan was taking the lead and guiding us.
If you are looking for a top notch caterer look no further than Classic Catering; they are experts in every way and will make sure that your affair will be treated as if it is their only job! Attention to detail is very important to me and after working with Alan and Classic I know that I will look forward to using them in the future. It’s hard to imagine how all the small and large pieces of a wedding can come together seamlessly, so you need to trust your caterer to oversee all those details. My guests couldn’t stop raving about the food, the presentation and the staff. Most important, I was able to enjoy my daughter’s wedding day because I knew everything would be perfect!
Wedding: 11/03/2012
 410-356-1666
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire