The Cakabakery

Sort By:

4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5

Private User 4 Reviews
AMAZING! Everything about their service, cake, attention to detail was perfect! we had people lined up waiting for more cake. even the dj posted about how fabulous it was!

Private User 2 Reviews
Jason did a fabulous job taking my "half baked" ideas and turning them into a superb wedding cake and cupcake spread. I wanted something different and The Cakabakery delivered! I would recommend this bakery to everyone! They delivered to our venue 45 minutes away and everything arrived in perfect condition.
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were so thankful to the Cakabakery for making our gluten-free wedding cake! I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to eat my own cake but they made it happen for me!! We had a ton of compliments on the cake and people couldn't believe it was gluten-free! We also had a dessert table with cup cakes, cake pops, and caramel corn ( we had so many compliments on them!). Jason came to our venue and set everything up and it really was perfect, the dessert table turned out beautiful!! Absolutely loved everything about our desserts, would definitely recommend the Cakabakery to any bride!!
Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jason and his team were great to work with and the cake tasted amazing! We had three different flavors but my favorite was the salted caramel!
Wedding: 08/13/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cupcakes and wedding cake added to the magic of our daughter's wedding.
Wedding: 07/19/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
One word - YUM!!! The cake was delish and so beautiful. A little pricier than others in the area but we had a short timeline and had few choices - we were so fortunate that Jason and his team could fit us in. Even without the short timeline, we would choose Cakabakery again in a second.
Wedding: 06/29/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
Jason from the Cakabakery was very accommadating when it came to making our wedding cake. He agreed to make our wedding cake with very short notice even though he already had 2 other weddings and a graduation party booked the same weekend. Not only that, but our cake ended up looking better than I could have ever imagined and it tasted great. The entire staff at the Cakabakery is amazing and always so happy to see you, I will continue to go there for all of my bakery needs.
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I knew that I wanted a naked cake for our wedding (a cake without frosting). This kind of cake is just becomming popular so some bakeries hadn't even heard of it yet. Another bakery tried to talk me out of it saying it would dry out too much (this bakery was also very pricey and arrogant...wouldn't even think about working with them!). When I talked to Jason at Cakabakery he said he had done naked cakes and assured me that if it is made correctly that it wouldn't dry out. Our cake turned out wonderful and was delicious! My only disappointment was that one of the sheet cakes we ordered (we had a small tiered cake and 2 sheet cakes) had the wrong frosting on it. Other than that, I was very happy. Jason is extremely personable and great to work with. They also have really good cookies!
Wedding: 04/12/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The talented bakers at The Cakabakery did an exceptional job for our wedding! Our dessert table was gorgeous and drool-worthy. Jason helped us pick the perfect mix of vegan and non-vegan flavors including a beautiful cake, cupcakes & mini carrot cakes. The cake was my favorite- it was even prettier than the inspiration photos I sent him and had an edible gold confetti design and they even added a cool embellishment to the top! I have always enjoyed checking out the cake at weddings I attend and had very high expectations for my own wedding- The Cakabakery exceeded those expectations and created a memorable and delicious dessert display. My only regret is not taking more time out of the reception to enjoy all of the sweets! Our coordinator saved the top of the cake for us and we enjoyed it the next day while opening gifts. My tip to future brides- 1. hire the Cakabakery! 2- don't worry about freezing the top layer... either do like we did and take it home that night and enjoy is ASAP or just let your guests eat it and do what we plan on doing- ordering a fresh one fromThe Cakabakery to enjoy on our one year anniversary!
Wedding: 11/09/2013
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 5 Reviews
Overall a great place to work with. I wasn't super impressed with my cake, but I didn't give a lot of direction either. They produce amazing desserts and delicious flavors - but if you want a fancy cake, instead of simple, make sure you tell them enough details.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jason at the Cakabakery was phenomenal. My husband and I went in there thinking we were going to get a simple cake, but after trying all his options, we ended up with a whole dessert table with cake pops, cupcakes and cake. The biggest regret of my whole wedding day is not having enough dessert! Our caterer said that she has never seen a dessert table go so quickly - and that's because everything was absolutely delicious. Jason was a joy to work with and I would highly, highly recommend him to anyone!
Wedding: 09/14/2013
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 7 Reviews
The cake tasted good and the staff was very friendly and flexible. However, the cake did not look like much time was taken on it.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I gave Jason a picture of what I wanted for our wedding cake and was completely thrilled with his version. Our birch tree themed cake with our initials was so detailed and just what we wanted. He is a very talented baker and you can tell that this is his passion. The cake was sooo goooood! Cherry wheat, red velvet, and salted carmel were the three flavors and I can tell you I can't wait to try the red velvet on our 1 yr. anniv. You're crazy if you're don't hire the Cakabakery for your wedding. Loved it.
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jason and the Cakabakery make the most delicious creations I have ever tasted! The desert spread at my wedding looked and tasted amazing!!! I could not have asked for more!
Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jason did an awesome job on my cake. I knew what I was thinking and just emailed him multiple pictures and when I picked up my cake on my wedding day it was perfect. He was easy to work with and very reasonably priced. We received many compliments on our cake.
Wedding: 06/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am completely blown away by how great of a job Jason Kakabaker and the Cakabakery did for my wedding!

My groom and I kinda...forgot about dessert when we were planning the wedding. When our wonderful wedding planner, Jamie Lou of Heyday Event Labs, asked us what we wanted for dessert, we looked at each other blankly. We knew that we didn't want to spend a crazy amount of money and that we cared more about the dessert tasting good than looking like an artistic masterpiece. Beyond that...we had no freaking idea what to do.

Jamie recommended that we talk to Jason and check out the Cakabakery, which is based out of Grand Rapids. (I live in Chicago. It's a long drive.) We exchanged introductory emails, and I wondered when, if ever, we would have a chance to taste his food. I didn't have to wonder for very long--a few days later, an adorable package came in the mail from Jason. It contained two Mason jars filled with amazingly cute, delicious cake. This is when I learned the wonders of the Cakabakery's signature item, cake-a-longs, which make sweet treats extra portable. I loved them so much I asked him to make mini-cakealongs for us to give out as wedding favors! And sure enough, he figured out a way to make it work and agreed to go for it.

Beyond that, Jason took my (few, simple, belated) ideas and made them better. He ended up making cheddar apple pie, a smallish traditional wedding cake that looked like an image I'd shared with him on Pinterest, cake pops (which went so fast I didn't even get a chance to try them!), and cupcakes. Plus, he even baked special vegan cupcakes for my vegan friends. A few days before the wedding, he asked me to send over a logo I'd used in a few other places. Sure enough, he ended up using it to fully customize the wedding cake-a-long favors.

Jason from the Cakabakery was a cheerful, proactive communicator, he made everything taste delicious, he put together a dessert table that looked incredible, and he pitched in and helped the other wedding vendors. (He was there helping unload the wedding caravan that dropped off all of our supplies the next morning.) I would definitely work with him again, and I recommend him without reservations.
Wedding: 03/24/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Favors & Gifts
 616-813-4978
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire