The Bridal Centre

2.3/5.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

I did not purchase my dress here, but i did make a bridal appointment, and paid the $50 for a larger entourage, 2 hrs consultation, and the option to take pictures of the dresses.
This place was a huge disappointment, especially the consultant. I told her that i was looking for lace dresses, but i would keep my options open if she thought i might like something. The first dress she brought was all chiffon...i thought, 'hmmm, i said lace right?' I realize i said i was open, but the first dress????? Almost every dress she brought was a disappointment. My family started picking dresses and they did a much better job than the consultant. When we left, i knew i wasn't coming back.
I also found the dresses way over priced compared to other stores.

• Wedding: 08/22/2015
kudos2jen
4.4/5.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I bought my wedding dress from the Bridal Centre. I had set up an appointment well in advance and they were able to accommodate the specific date and time that I wanted to come in which was wonderful. My mom was in from out of town for the weekend and it was important that she was able to be there. I booked a 2 hour appointment and I believe ended up going over by about 30 minutes which they were really great about. I didn’t feel rushed to leave or like we were putting them out. My sales girl did have another appointment she had to go to so we finished things up with the assistant who was lovely as well.

I think I tried on probably 10-15 dresses because I really wasnt sure what I was looking for, I had some rough ideas which they worked with. They brought me examples of each plus other things that they thought would be possibilities and behold I went with something I wouldn’t have expected and love way more than any of the dresses I thought I would want. She did a really good job of pulling things that were flattering for my shape and were within my outlined budget.

I ordered a dress from them in August with the expectation that it would arrive likely in February. I got my email that my dress had arrived in early November which was also a nice surprise. When I called to pick it up I was encouraged to make an appointment to come in and inspect the dress and try it on and make sure it was perfect and meet the seamstress for the alterations. When I said that I wasn’t planning on having my alterations done there she immediately changed her tune to you can come pick it up whenever you want. There was now no appointment, no exciting try on, no assisted inspection, just come get it out of our way.

I was disappointed in the shift in service at that point however everything else was handled very well and I was really happy with the service, selection, price range and how quickly my dress arrived.

• Wedding: 08/01/2015
Tina
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had prior experience with The Bridal Centre as I had bought a brides maid's dress in the summer 2014 from there. My wedding was in the fall 2014 and I had seen the dress that I wanted online and I was unsure where I would find it and I only had a short period of time. So I shopped around at othe bridal boutiques then I went to the more familiar The bridal Centre and there I found the exact dress I saw online and I was able to get a nice belt that went well with the dress from The Bridal Centre which I had them sew onto my dress. I also got my veil, and my husband's Tuxedo from The Bridal Centre. The staff at the bridal centre are very warm and friendly, they are open to suggestion and very accommodating, and flexible but most importantly they are very quick and efficient. Thanks to the Bridal Centre for making me look like the most beautiful Bride and my husband the most handsome groom.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
Sacha-Gay
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I very much enjoyed my experience of finding my gown at The Bridal Centre. The lady who helped me find it was so nice and really understood what I was looking for. She pulled something I wouldn't have even been able to describe and although it was a different silhouette then I had requested it ended up being more perfect then what I thought I wanted. My fittings went well and were pretty stress-free. The problem occurred on my wedding day when I realized the hoop skirt I had rented from the shop was not included in my dress bag. So hours before my wedding I was stressed and called to tell them-the girl on the phone was not very accommodating or empathetic. My dad ended up driving down there to pick it up. Then when I got my dress on and went to leave for the church, I realized it must have not been the same hoop I had requested to be put on my file-my dress was too long in the front and I kept stepping on it down the aisle and whenever I walked for the rest of the day and ended up ripping part of it when I tripped. It was disappointing since I spent a decent amount of money to get it perfect. Other than that, I enjoyed my experience with The Bridal Centre and plan on getting my gown cleaned and preserved there once I can afford to.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Kaylee-Rose
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

This company are thee worst company I've ever come upon. I'll tell you my story……

I was so excited for my extra special happy day, my wedding dress had arrived and I was on my way to try it on for the second time as I'd ordered it 3 months prior and had an appointment for my slight alterations to be done to have my dress fit just right.
As I entered the Bridal Center, Calgary, I was greeted and asked to have a seat. The girl then phones to the back to say, 'your 1pm appointment is here', no name, just another appointment! I'm then greeted by whom I worked out to be the seamstress who says, 'come back'. 'Okay', I reply, not a hello my name is, or congratulations or even a welcome back. I follow her as my anticipated wait was over to see my beautiful dress. 'in there', she says. 'Great', how nice of her to point me in the right direction. I then see threw the curtain, my dress, hanging with creases throughout. I'm still excited to slip it on. I manage with no help to get all the zips and buttons on and step outside the curtain. 'Okay, stand here', the seamstress barks. No, 'oh you look fabulous, lovely dress or muster of a compliment!!
The Seamstress then starts pulling, pining, grabbing and tucking. Bust, sides, back, hem, the dress is literally inches and 2 inches of excess from my body. It's clear to me that the 8 which I'd originally tried on was a much better fit than the 10 that THEY recommended I get as THEY said I was measuring in between sizes as THEY are the experts I'm going to go with THEIR advise.
Finally after all the pulling, pinning, tucking and discomfort. The seamstress tally's up my magical days cost for alterations……..$600, my dress was $1000!!!
You can clearly see where my frustration, anger disappointment, sadness and finally tears stem from. How can you justify that this is a fare price to charge!??
I'm taking the dress I said yes to and the horrible day I said no to elsewhere!!! DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!!

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

This place has so many rules that it feels like they think you're doing them a favour by shopping there. No kids, pay $50 for the right to take pictures, no perusing the collection without an appointment, etc. They sell flower girl dresses but you're not allowed to bring kids? The wedding and bridesmaids dresses are all overpriced and not special. I found much nicer dresses for lower prices at pretty much every other store in Calgary. This place is an uptight, entitled disappointment.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved the service I received at the Bridal Centre. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I LOVE my Maggie Sottero dress! They are the only retailers in Calgary that carry Maggie Sottero.

• Wedding: 03/07/2014
4.1/5.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

Very professional. Good to work with.

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

I received my dress late and when I went for my first appointment one of the consultants yelled at me for not wanting to fill out their form.

I was really unhappy with the experience. I would save yourself an annoyance and go somewhere else.

4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I was the maid of honour for a wedding years ago, and that bride found her dress at the Bridal Centre, as well as the bridesmaids' dresses. Though I'd read not so great reviews, I decided to try it out for myself. I paid the little extra (nothing wedding related is cheap!) for a "princess" fitting, which included more time with the personal consultant, a private area to try on, and seating for several family members/friends, among other perks. My consultant was great, and very responsive to my likes/dislikes about the gowns I was trying on. When I found "The Dress" it was very much UNDER my max budget, which left me room to play with some accessories, which she also helped me with.
To those who complained or are worried about being treated like a cattle farm - this is a business. They require appointments to keep things on schedule and to keep up with demand. Not needing an appointment would be nice, but I truly don't believe it was that big of a deal. In my experience, the business seemed well-run, the consultant was great and the prices fair. It wasn't the most personal vendor I dealt with for my wedding, but I didn't require it to be.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Natasha
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Big mistake using bridal centre. Not only did the reception girls make rude comments about customers (myself included- my MOH happened to be there when I was running late), but they trick you into spending WAY more money than needed. I was originally told my alterations would be around the 300 dollar range. Dress came in and they quoted me over $600 - at this time too short of notice to use another seamstress. The lady who sewed my dress HACKED IT. Ruined my almost 3,000 dollar wedding dress the week of the wedding. She than proceeded to tell me "my body was uneven" and "the dress was way to small" (the dress was being taken in to fit me).

Each time I left the bridal center post-fitting I was in tears and the worst was the day before my wedding when I realized there was nothing I could do. Save yourself. Avoid the night mare of the bridal centre! I have passed the news on to my now 5 engaged friends and told them to pass it on too!!!

2.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 2.5

I don't really have a ton to commend the Bridal Centre on - they were okay. Don't get me wrong, I love my dress, and I looked great in it (so I've been told). However, I'm not reviewing the dress, I'm reviewing the vendor. The staff were okay during the purchasing stage, and I got my dress in a timely manner. However, when I received my dress, it was way too big. I had ordered it based off of their recommendation that as I was in-between sizes, I should pick the larger size as most brides put on a bit of weight, and it's easier to alter a dress to make it smaller rather than bigger. It was massive, which then forced me to do more alterations than if I had chosen the smaller size. I'm hoping this wasn't done on purpose to increase the alteration bill, but I can't be sure.

My second complaint comes when I picked up the dress after the final alteration - they had wrinkled the whole bottom of the dress, and when I asked them if they were going to steam it, they told me that's not something they do. If I wanted them to steam it, I would have to pay them $100. For steaming a dress they had wrinkled. I figure they think that most people don't have a choice when picking up their dress, so they can charge them a ridiculous price, but I wasn't impressed. We ended up pressing it ourselves and saved the money. If I could do it again, I wouldn't have the Bridal Centre alter my dress, as they won't even fix the mistakes they make themselves.

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
3.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I absolutely LOVE my gown and thankfully I found one on sale for a great price.

Good things:
Can find beautiful dresses sometimes on sale.
The seamstress did a wonderful job and was super nice.
The girl at the front desk was pretty helpful and nice.

Bad Things:
Limited seleciton of lower priced dresses.
The service wasn't that good: the lady who helped me try on treated me like I was poor and not worth it.
You can't take pictures of your dress until you buy it.
Seems really hoity toity.
Expensive selection, but beautiful gowns.

Overall my experience wasn't terrible but the lady who helped me at a different store was much nicer and I wish I could have given her my commission instead of this lady.

• Wedding: 07/26/2013
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

All you grooms out there for future reference: If you are getting your tuxes here, before you leave the store with your tux, make sure that there is no lint on the pockets. Just had wedding on Sat. July 6th, did not notice the lint on the pockets of suit jacket (poor lighting in store), but when jackets was on, boy did that lint show up. And of course, when returned, IT WAS OUR FAULT, for not seeing it before we left with the tux. It should also be stores responsibility to check items before they are packaged and not try to pawn off as acceptable. They are not very nice, helpful or apologetic. BUYER beware. Go someplace else that cares about you as a groom.

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Bridal Centre in Calgary was my first (ever) wedding dress experience and they definitely lived up to their reputation! Karla was my first consultant and although it took a while to figure out exactly what I was looking for, Karla was very patient and eventually we found three amazing dresses to choose from! When they say the dress chooses you, they do not lie! The nice open layout of the Bridal Centre actually really helped and it created an amazing atmosphere for this event. I didn't purchase the dress right away, but instead opted to visit a couple more stores (shop around). My second time back into the Bridal Centre, Karma was also amazing in helping us out. The quality of dresses available has got to be the top selection in Calgary. All in all, my experience was better than I could have imagined!

Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough great things about this store. Went with a large (opinionated group) and had a blast. Booked the 2 hour appointment and was with Karma. She was super amazing and made the shopping experience positive and informative. My girls all had a great time as well, and I think that is really important they feel comfortable as I will get everything from this store. Had terrible experiences at other little stores, this store made me feel comfortable every step of the purchase for my bridal gown.

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
403-258-3003
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
2.6