The Bridal Centre

The Bridal Centre

Calgary, AB
403.258.3003
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

2.6
2.5
Flexibility
2.4
[Private]

I had the best experience here thanks to Chantel!! I had found two dresses that I loved already and had tried one on by Maggie Sottero but still needed to find the other one (Alfred Angelo) just to be sure. I emailed The Bridal Centre and they said they had it in stock but didn't have the Maggie Sottero as someone had bought it off the rack so I casually made an appointment to try on the other one. I booked an appointment on a Wednesday (which is nice and quiet middle of the week) and Chantel greeted me at the door and took me upstairs to the Princess Room. I showed her some pictures and she went to pull some dresses. The first one I tried on was the Alfred Angelo I had came for and I really liked it so as I stood there trying to debate between two dresses (one of which they didn't have in the store), then Chantel pulls a dress and says she thinks it's the perfect combination of the two dresses I'm in love with. EEK!!!! I found my dress--Chantel was totally right!!! I tried it on and couldn't even remember what the other dresses looked like! But just to be sure she pulled a few more dresses (even though we went over my appointment). I put MY dress back on and was able to take some pictures so I could show my mom who lives in Ontario. Seeing as I was alone for this appointment and 'said yes to the dress' unexpectedly I wanted to be sure so I made a follow up appointment and brought along my future mother and sister in law. Another great experience and Chantel was very helpful! She took my measurements and then tried on another gown just to be sure we were ordering the correct sizing.
I couldn't be more pleased in my experience and hope Chantel gets the recognition she deserves!!

1 Review
[Private]
0.5

I cannot believe the actions of this salon. I order my dress and paid what needed to be paid and had no problems till....... my dress came in I went with my group to try it on and added my accessories a necklace bracelet earrings and a flower for my hair ( to the tune of $576.30 that does not include the GST) added to my bill the things were put in a bag with my dress to be pick-up in the following week. The following week I found out that I had cancer called to let them know what was going on keeping them in the loop there was a balance owning on the dress which I was told needed to be paid i did this over a period of time always keeping them informed of my situation when i felt strong enough to deal with everthing i went to pick up my dress (yes it was there for a long time but paid for) when i went and pick it up 3 weeks ago my bag of accessories was not with my dress I waited for a manager who was dealing with another bride that was not happy with her bill ad the way she was treated. i was told to give them a copy of bill and leave it with them and they would call me when they found it that sometimes things get missed placed. I left call on the Monday and was told they were still looking and a manager would call me back I'm sure you can guess what happened when I called again I was told that sorry it is our store policy to send the accessories home with the bride and too bad your luck but because the dress had been ordered and not pick-up by the wedding date they were not responsible for it to read the back of my bill...I paid for this and not just a bit but $600.00 how is it possable that they can get away with that kind of BS they would not let me pick -up my dress until it was paid for That included my accessories that had not been paid for when I left the store back when my order came in so why would they let me leave with it but it was all paid for when i went to get my dress. How can they get away with this all I wanted was what i paid for. 'Im so mad

JenniferandRick
08/22/2015
2.3

I did not purchase my dress here, but i did make a bridal appointment, and paid the $50 for a larger entourage, 2 hrs consultation, and the option to take pictures of the dresses.
This place was a huge disappointment, especially the consultant. I told her that i was looking for lace dresses, but i would keep my options open if she thought i might like something. The first dress she brought was all chiffon...i thought, 'hmmm, i said lace right?' I realize i said i was open, but the first dress????? Almost every dress she brought was a disappointment. My family started picking dresses and they did a much better job than the consultant. When we left, i knew i wasn't coming back.
I also found the dresses way over priced compared to other stores.

Tina
1 Review
08/01/2015

I bought my wedding dress from the Bridal Centre. I had set up an appointment well in advance and they were able to accommodate the specific date and time that I wanted to come in which was wonderful. My mom was in from out of town for the weekend and it was important that she was able to be there. I booked a 2 hour appointment and I believe ended up going over by about 30 minutes which they were really great about. I didn’t feel rushed to leave or like we were putting them out. My sales girl did have another appointment she had to go to so we finished things up with the assistant who was lovely as well.

I think I tried on probably 10-15 dresses because I really wasnt sure what I was looking for, I had some rough ideas which they worked with. They brought me examples of each plus other things that they thought would be possibilities and behold I went with something I wouldn’t have expected and love way more than any of the dresses I thought I would want. She did a really good job of pulling things that were flattering for my shape and were within my outlined budget.

I ordered a dress from them in August with the expectation that it would arrive likely in February. I got my email that my dress had arrived in early November which was also a nice surprise. When I called to pick it up I was encouraged to make an appointment to come in and inspect the dress and try it on and make sure it was perfect and meet the seamstress for the alterations. When I said that I wasn’t planning on having my alterations done there she immediately changed her tune to you can come pick it up whenever you want. There was now no appointment, no exciting try on, no assisted inspection, just come get it out of our way.

I was disappointed in the shift in service at that point however everything else was handled very well and I was really happy with the service, selection, price range and how quickly my dress arrived.

1.0

I believe I need to share my experience with hopes I will save a Bride-to-be from dealing with this company. My initial experience was actually pleasant. My bridal consultant was helpful and I found the dress of my dreams. Then it was all downhill.
When trying to order a proper size my bridal consultant seemed to have little knowledge on the sizing chart. The sample gown fit pretty perfect. I was told the gown was not the size 4 label and was "actually measuring like a 6-8" She reccomended a get a size 8. I pleaded for her to order the 6. The dress came in and was very excited to try it on. I stepped into the gown and I was SWIMMING in it. I voiced my concern and even got my original bridal consultant to see what it looked like. She told me there was discrepancy in the sizes and this dress was measuring like an 8-10. They did not offer to reorder the dress. They suggested I pay to have it altered. It would have needed extensive alterations. (Oh right more $ in their pockets) and still would not have looked as it was meant to. After stopping in the store to have my issue resolved, I was told no manager was in and that I would receive a call from the manager the next day. Days went by with no call. Finally I was able to get ahold of them. The receptionist was very rude. Honestly I could not believe the way I was treated. She would not let me speak to the real manager. She called me a liar and in the end, hung up on me. I went into the store and was unimpressed to find the manager was equally as rude. I was calm and collected and went in to resolve the issue as a customer whose expectations and needs were not being met and was treated like garbage. All she kept saying was that I had signed a contract so too bad. As someone in the customer service industry I find this appalling. I highly suggest you save yourself the hassle and disappointment. The dress shopping/ordering experience is suppose to uplift you and make you excited not upset and stressed out.

Lennox
05/02/2015
3.6

First the good. My dress is beautiful. It came in on time if not a little early. Alterations were able to work with my schedule to get all of that sorted out. All the staff were very friendly. They were very helpful selecting my bridesmaid dresses. My dress fit like a dream.

The bad. The alterations were not worth what we spent for them. Although not terrible the hem is not very even and some of the tacking down was done poorly and we will be redoing it. I also had issue with one of my bridesmaid dresses. It is partly my mistake as I should have looked at her measurements and what they suggested they order. They suggested she order a 0 or a 2. She ordered the 2. They should have suggested the 2 or 4 as the two was snug and needed to be let out a little. My bridesmaid admits to gaining some weight but even based on her previous measurements the 0 never should have been recommend.

Overall friendly staff and an amazing selection. I don't regret my dress purchase but I feel the after purchase services could have been better.

4.2

I purchased my dress from the Bridal Centre in Calgary. I got so many compliments and it was beautiful! they did perfect measurements because I had little to no alterations to my dress. Chantal was amazing! She was really patient with me and really kind! I would recommend any bride visiting the Bridal Centre to request for Chantal she makes the experience so different than other bridal consultants. I did find my dress cheaper in other shops however because of the amount of time and service Chantal gave me i went with the bridal Centre and had no regrets!

1 person found this review helpful
Jacqueline
01/27/2015
4.2

My dress was perfect, on time and the seamtress did a great job with most of my dress the bra cups were a little "off"

Sacha-Gay
11/15/2014

I had prior experience with The Bridal Centre as I had bought a brides maid's dress in the summer 2014 from there. My wedding was in the fall 2014 and I had seen the dress that I wanted online and I was unsure where I would find it and I only had a short period of time. So I shopped around at other bridal boutiques then I went to the more familiar The bridal Centre and there I found the exact dress I saw online and I was able to get a nice belt that went well with the dress from The Bridal Centre which I had them sew onto my dress. I also got my veil, and my husband's Tuxedo from The Bridal Centre. The staff at the bridal centre are very warm and friendly, they are open to suggestion and very accommodating, and flexible but most importantly they are very quick and efficient. Thanks to the Bridal Centre for making me look like the most beautiful Bride and my husband the most handsome groom.

Kaylee-Rose
09/20/2014

I very much enjoyed my experience of finding my gown at The Bridal Centre. The lady who helped me find it was so nice and really understood what I was looking for. She pulled something I wouldn't have even been able to describe and although it was a different silhouette then I had requested it ended up being more perfect then what I thought I wanted. My fittings went well and were pretty stress-free. The problem occurred on my wedding day when I realized the hoop skirt I had rented from the shop was not included in my dress bag. So hours before my wedding I was stressed and called to tell them-the girl on the phone was not very accommodating or empathetic. My dad ended up driving down there to pick it up. Then when I got my dress on and went to leave for the church, I realized it must have not been the same hoop I had requested to be put on my file-my dress was too long in the front and I kept stepping on it down the aisle and whenever I walked for the rest of the day and ended up ripping part of it when I tripped. It was disappointing since I spent a decent amount of money to get it perfect. Other than that, I enjoyed my experience with The Bridal Centre and plan on getting my gown cleaned and preserved there once I can afford to.

0.5

This company are thee worst company I've ever come upon. I'll tell you my story……

I was so excited for my extra special happy day, my wedding dress had arrived and I was on my way to try it on for the second time as I'd ordered it 3 months prior and had an appointment for my slight alterations to be done to have my dress fit just right.
As I entered the Bridal Center, Calgary, I was greeted and asked to have a seat. The girl then phones to the back to say, 'your 1pm appointment is here', no name, just another appointment! I'm then greeted by whom I worked out to be the seamstress who says, 'come back'. 'Okay', I reply, not a hello my name is, or congratulations or even a welcome back. I follow her as my anticipated wait was over to see my beautiful dress. 'in there', she says. 'Great', how nice of her to point me in the right direction. I then see threw the curtain, my dress, hanging with creases throughout. I'm still excited to slip it on. I manage with no help to get all the zips and buttons on and step outside the curtain. 'Okay, stand here', the seamstress barks. No, 'oh you look fabulous, lovely dress or muster of a compliment!!
The Seamstress then starts pulling, pining, grabbing and tucking. Bust, sides, back, hem, the dress is literally inches and 2 inches of excess from my body. It's clear to me that the 8 which I'd originally tried on was a much better fit than the 10 that THEY recommended I get as THEY said I was measuring in between sizes as THEY are the experts I'm going to go with THEIR advise.
Finally after all the pulling, pinning, tucking and discomfort. The seamstress tally's up my magical days cost for alterations……..$600, my dress was $1000!!!
You can clearly see where my frustration, anger disappointment, sadness and finally tears stem from. How can you justify that this is a fare price to charge!??
I'm taking the dress I said yes to and the horrible day I said no to elsewhere!!! DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!!

Recently Married
0.8

This place has so many rules that it feels like they think you're doing them a favour by shopping there. No kids, pay $50 for the right to take pictures, no perusing the collection without an appointment, etc. They sell flower girl dresses but you're not allowed to bring kids? The wedding and bridesmaids dresses are all overpriced and not special. I found much nicer dresses for lower prices at pretty much every other store in Calgary. This place is an uptight, entitled disappointment.

Recently Married
3.4

I went here to buy my wedding dress however it wasn't that great of service. They got the job done but that was all it was. They didn't take the extra step to make it a good experience. They suggested a few dresses and waited till I made my decision. Not overly helpful I would say but it was a nice store with lots of options.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I loved the service I received at the Bridal Centre. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I LOVE my Maggie Sottero dress! They are the only retailers in Calgary that carry Maggie Sottero.

4.1

Very professional. Good to work with.

1+ year ago
0.8

I received my dress late and when I went for my first appointment one of the consultants yelled at me for not wanting to fill out their form.

I was really unhappy with the experience. I would save yourself an annoyance and go somewhere else.