The Bridal Centre

• Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
I did not purchase my dress here, but i did make a bridal appointment, and paid the $50 for a larger entourage, 2 hrs consultation, and the option to take pictures of the dresses.
This place was a huge disappointment, especially the consultant. I told her that i was looking for lace dresses, but i would keep my options open if she thought i might like something. The first dress she brought was all chiffon...i thought, 'hmmm, i said lace right?' I realize i said i was open, but the first dress????? Almost every dress she brought was a disappointment. My family started picking dresses and they did a much better job than the consultant. When we left, i knew i wasn't coming back.
I also found the dresses way over priced compared to other stores.
Wedding: 08/22/2015
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
This company are thee worst company I've ever come upon. I'll tell you my story……

I was so excited for my extra special happy day, my wedding dress had arrived and I was on my way to try it on for the second time as I'd ordered it 3 months prior and had an appointment for my slight alterations to be done to have my dress fit just right.
As I entered the Bridal Center, Calgary, I was greeted and asked to have a seat. The girl then phones to the back to say, 'your 1pm appointment is here', no name, just another appointment! I'm then greeted by whom I worked out to be the seamstress who says, 'come back'. 'Okay', I reply, not a hello my name is, or congratulations or even a welcome back. I follow her as my anticipated wait was over to see my beautiful dress. 'in there', she says. 'Great', how nice of her to point me in the right direction. I then see threw the curtain, my dress, hanging with creases throughout. I'm still excited to slip it on. I manage with no help to get all the zips and buttons on and step outside the curtain. 'Okay, stand here', the seamstress barks. No, 'oh you look fabulous, lovely dress or muster of a compliment!!
The Seamstress then starts pulling, pining, grabbing and tucking. Bust, sides, back, hem, the dress is literally inches and 2 inches of excess from my body. It's clear to me that the 8 which I'd originally tried on was a much better fit than the 10 that THEY recommended I get as THEY said I was measuring in between sizes as THEY are the experts I'm going to go with THEIR advise.
Finally after all the pulling, pinning, tucking and discomfort. The seamstress tally's up my magical days cost for alterations……..$600, my dress was $1000!!!
You can clearly see where my frustration, anger disappointment, sadness and finally tears stem from. How can you justify that this is a fare price to charge!??
I'm taking the dress I said yes to and the horrible day I said no to elsewhere!!! DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!!
Wedding: 08/03/2014
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0

Private User 7 Reviews
This place has so many rules that it feels like they think you're doing them a favour by shopping there. No kids, pay $50 for the right to take pictures, no perusing the collection without an appointment, etc. They sell flower girl dresses but you're not allowed to bring kids? The wedding and bridesmaids dresses are all overpriced and not special. I found much nicer dresses for lower prices at pretty much every other store in Calgary. This place is an uptight, entitled disappointment.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I loved the service I received at the Bridal Centre. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I LOVE my Maggie Sottero dress! They are the only retailers in Calgary that carry Maggie Sottero.
Wedding: 03/07/2014
4.1/5.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
Very professional. Good to work with.
Wedding: 10/26/2013
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Private User 3 Reviews
I received my dress late and when I went for my first appointment one of the consultants yelled at me for not wanting to fill out their form.

I was really unhappy with the experience. I would save yourself an annoyance and go somewhere else.
Wedding: Recently Married
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Natasha 5 Reviews
I was the maid of honour for a wedding years ago, and that bride found her dress at the Bridal Centre, as well as the bridesmaids' dresses. Though I'd read not so great reviews, I decided to try it out for myself. I paid the little extra (nothing wedding related is cheap!) for a "princess" fitting, which included more time with the personal consultant, a private area to try on, and seating for several family members/friends, among other perks. My consultant was great, and very responsive to my likes/dislikes about the gowns I was trying on. When I found "The Dress" it was very much UNDER my max budget, which left me room to play with some accessories, which she also helped me with.
To those who complained or are worried about being treated like a cattle farm - this is a business. They require appointments to keep things on schedule and to keep up with demand. Not needing an appointment would be nice, but I truly don't believe it was that big of a deal. In my experience, the business seemed well-run, the consultant was great and the prices fair. It wasn't the most personal vendor I dealt with for my wedding, but I didn't require it to be.
Wedding: 09/21/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0

Private User 5 Reviews
Big mistake using bridal centre. Not only did the reception girls make rude comments about customers (myself included- my MOH happened to be there when I was running late), but they trick you into spending WAY more money than needed. I was originally told my alterations would be around the 300 dollar range. Dress came in and they quoted me over $600 - at this time too short of notice to use another seamstress. The lady who sewed my dress HACKED IT. Ruined my almost 3,000 dollar wedding dress the week of the wedding. She than proceeded to tell me "my body was uneven" and "the dress was way to small" (the dress was being taken in to fit me).

Each time I left the bridal center post-fitting I was in tears and the worst was the day before my wedding when I realized there was nothing I could do. Save yourself. Avoid the night mare of the bridal centre! I have passed the news on to my now 5 engaged friends and told them to pass it on too!!!
2.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  2.5
I don't really have a ton to commend the Bridal Centre on - they were okay. Don't get me wrong, I love my dress, and I looked great in it (so I've been told). However, I'm not reviewing the dress, I'm reviewing the vendor. The staff were okay during the purchasing stage, and I got my dress in a timely manner. However, when I received my dress, it was way too big. I had ordered it based off of their recommendation that as I was in-between sizes, I should pick the larger size as most brides put on a bit of weight, and it's easier to alter a dress to make it smaller rather than bigger. It was massive, which then forced me to do more alterations than if I had chosen the smaller size. I'm hoping this wasn't done on purpose to increase the alteration bill, but I can't be sure.

My second complaint comes when I picked up the dress after the final alteration - they had wrinkled the whole bottom of the dress, and when I asked them if they were going to steam it, they told me that's not something they do. If I wanted them to steam it, I would have to pay them $100. For steaming a dress they had wrinkled. I figure they think that most people don't have a choice when picking up their dress, so they can charge them a ridiculous price, but I wasn't impressed. We ended up pressing it ourselves and saved the money. If I could do it again, I wouldn't have the Bridal Centre alter my dress, as they won't even fix the mistakes they make themselves.
Wedding: 08/03/2013
3.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I absolutely LOVE my gown and thankfully I found one on sale for a great price.

Good things:
Can find beautiful dresses sometimes on sale.
The seamstress did a wonderful job and was super nice.
The girl at the front desk was pretty helpful and nice.

Bad Things:
Limited seleciton of lower priced dresses.
The service wasn't that good: the lady who helped me try on treated me like I was poor and not worth it.
You can't take pictures of your dress until you buy it.
Seems really hoity toity.
Expensive selection, but beautiful gowns.

Overall my experience wasn't terrible but the lady who helped me at a different store was much nicer and I wish I could have given her my commission instead of this lady.
Wedding: 07/26/2013
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
All you grooms out there for future reference: If you are getting your tuxes here, before you leave the store with your tux, make sure that there is no lint on the pockets. Just had wedding on Sat. July 6th, did not notice the lint on the pockets of suit jacket (poor lighting in store), but when jackets was on, boy did that lint show up. And of course, when returned, IT WAS OUR FAULT, for not seeing it before we left with the tux. It should also be stores responsibility to check items before they are packaged and not try to pawn off as acceptable. They are not very nice, helpful or apologetic. BUYER beware. Go someplace else that cares about you as a groom.
Wedding: 07/06/2013

Anonymous 1 Reviews
The Bridal Centre in Calgary was my first (ever) wedding dress experience and they definitely lived up to their reputation! Karla was my first consultant and although it took a while to figure out exactly what I was looking for, Karla was very patient and eventually we found three amazing dresses to choose from! When they say the dress chooses you, they do not lie! The nice open layout of the Bridal Centre actually really helped and it created an amazing atmosphere for this event. I didn't purchase the dress right away, but instead opted to visit a couple more stores (shop around). My second time back into the Bridal Centre, Karma was also amazing in helping us out. The quality of dresses available has got to be the top selection in Calgary. All in all, my experience was better than I could have imagined!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can't say enough great things about this store. Went with a large (opinionated group) and had a blast. Booked the 2 hour appointment and was with Karma. She was super amazing and made the shopping experience positive and informative. My girls all had a great time as well, and I think that is really important they feel comfortable as I will get everything from this store. Had terrible experiences at other little stores, this store made me feel comfortable every step of the purchase for my bridal gown.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
Deb, the consultant we had when I found my dress was very good. She listened to what I was looking for and made some of her own suggestions (which I asked for). She ended up finding my dress and she was very helpful.

HOWEVER, I had my alterations done here as well and it seems that once they have your money, they don't care about you in the slightest. They charged over $500 for alterations and I had to go back 3 times for fittings because they couldn't get it right and I ended up having to go somewhere else (and pay again) to have it fixed. The seamstress I used after leaving the Bridal Centre told me that the workmanship of the seamstresses at the Bridal Centre was a joke and that they hadn't made much of an effort in taking it in.

The Bridal Centre does have a good selection of dresses and the consultants are helpful and professional but I highly recommend that if you find your dress here, you take it elsewhere for any fittings as the girl at the front desk and the alterations department don't care about you.
Wedding: 02/21/2013
0.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I am sorry to say that the experience here left me feeling discouraged and rather sad.
I spend a lot of money on my dress and NOT ONCE was I made to feel like a valued or special customer. People have many choices in today's world, and I chose to spend my money at this store, not knowing that they really don't care 'who' you are or to do anything to make you feel valued.

The girl with the long blond hair with the scowl on her face at the front makes it her job to make you feel like you are an inconvenience and a bother, she is rude and is in the wrong industry. I think if the owners knew how customers were greeted - basically with nothing more than a blank stare - and how un-special they feel after leaving they would be shocked. For starters you should let that girl go, she made it feel like your store was doing me a favour - I am the one spending thousands of dollars!! There is one girl with a high pitched voice who i spoke with on the phone - she was very sweet & pleasant and helpful, but other than that the service here is not classy or what you would hope for when spending a lot of money and finding the dress of your dreams.

I would recommend going elsewhere where the service is more personalized and they actually care about you. Here they are just looking to get your money and get rid of you. Unfortunately I never felt special or like their goal was to make me happy....I never met a manager during my time there or thanked for my large purchase which i could have taken elsewhere, kind of sad really and i regret buying my dress from this store.

0.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Where should I begin... I booked an appointment at the Bridal Centre. That was my first mistake. My first visit was fine, the sales assosiate was very helpful, she pulled dresses that were exactly what I was looking for. I finally found my dress... I was so excited and happy. Of course after finding "the one" after searching and searching I quicly put a 50% deposit on it which was $1100! Everything was fine and dandy after this, my dress came in sooner then expected. I made an appointment to try it on and when I drove nearly 2hrs to the store I was not even acknowledged when I walked into the store as 20 minutes passed I started to get a little concerned, as the ignorant receoptionist was dealing with ONE other customer. She didnt look at us, smile, say hi, nothing. So I went and tried on my dress and it was just as beautiful as I remembered. I needed some alterations done, but was told to make a fitting appointment closer to the date. So I called back in July and the rude receptionist told me that I wasnt allowed to make an appointment until a month before the wedding or less. Why? I asked. And she replied with "To get the most accurate fit" well jeez I guess shes right, maybe I will gain like 500lbs in 2 months....ughhh. I called back today, August 17th and attempted to make an appointmet within the next few weeks. And what do you know, the receptionist told me she wasnt booking anything for me until Septber 18th. Thats 2 weeks before my wedding. I had asked to possibly make an appointment for the week prior to that and she said "There are a lot of other brides that have their weddings before yours, and need their fittings done before you." Luckily my mom was in Calgary and able to pick my dress up today, as I am definietly NOT getting any alterations done there. I would never reccomend this place to anyone. If anything just order the dress and pick it up. But even thats risky...
 403-258-3003
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire