The Ballroom at J Liu of Worthington

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Perfect place for a wedding reception. Huge ballroom, beautiful balcony, amazing building exterior for photos. Very responsive and helpful staff that coordinates the banquet. Flexible and willing to make sure all your request happen. Thank you for making our Big Day so much fun!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Katrina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding reception at J Liu with around 130 guests and I couldn't have been more happy with how everything went. Todd and Rebekka the event coordinators at j Liu make everything so easy the least stressful part of the whole planning process for me was when I handed things over to them. My mom even told me that when she arrived for the reception Todd picked here out of the crowd asked her what she wanted from the bar and personally made sure she had a full drink all night. Everyone at J Liu make my reception absolutely perfect I couldn't have asked for a better night!
And in regards to flexibility I actually changed my wedding date from June of 2014 to December 2013 and J Liu worked with me to find a date that worked with less than a year until my new December date!

• Wedding: 12/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Todd was the best when it came to planning our event. He was patient with us, we live out of state so it was a little difficult to plan some things. He was so helpful and creative. When we came up with an idea he would come up with another way to make it even better. Everyone said that it was the best wedding food they had ever ate too!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I must first start this review by saying how blown away I was by Todd their catering manager. He walked us through every step of the way, gave us custom and unique ideas we were searching for, and pulled every last detail together for us. He was always a phone call or email away and made everything so easy on us. He was personable and pleasant to work with. He put our minds to ease early on knowing that he would have everything taken care of. After all of the planning, we walked into our reception and it was so much more then we ever expected. Everything was put together with genuine thought and care for us. The room was beautiful because of Todd and his staff. Everyone at J Liu went above and beyond for us. Todd and his staff made sure every guest of ours was taken care of. I have heard in the weeks passing that our reception has been a favorite of all of our friends. They have raved about the amazing food, first rate service, beautiful facility, and how wonderful everything was put together. We even had a few out of town guests that are coming to visit in a month and they have requested their first meal when back in Columbus be at J Liu's! If I had my choice I would choose J Liu all over again. It was beyond a wonderful experience. There was not a single thing I would have done differently. I cannot thank Todd and his staff enough for making our wedding such a beautiful day.

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding reception was wonderful at J. Liu. Todd was very helpful in all areas of planning and helped us to make our night special. The food was fantastic! The ballroom was beautiful and set exactly as we had planned. The staff couldn't have been any nicer. I would highly recommend J. Liu. Thank you for making that night so special for us.

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
Karen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I should begin by saying that planning an event at this level is not really my "thing." We met with Todd and he made difficult menu decisions easy, complex seating arrangements simple, and all along kept his sense of humor. The evening of the event went off as planned, the staff was gracious, food delicious, and decorations were beautiful. I highly recommend J. Liu's for any type of event there is. It is a lovely place.

• Wedding: 07/28/2013
Colleen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Todd & JLiu did an excellent job making our reception the event of the summer. Todd was easy to work with and aloud us to make many personalized details that made it clear to our guests that we had really tried to create something special. The ballroom and patio was a perfect combination to allow our guests to have fun and relax at the same time without having to venture to far from the celebration. The staff was very friendly and served everyone in a timely manner so that everyone could continue to have a good time. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone planning a reception.

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Liz
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved our reception at J. Liu. Todd and Rebekah were fantastic to work with. They were friendly and professional during our meetings & wonderful on our wedding day. We loved everything about the venue.

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Todd Brown… At our one year anniversary, we thank you for a magical evening that we will remember forever. Todd is a great listener, and a true professional at what he does .He made our special day, a dream come true. Thank you J Liu for a place where people can enjoy fine dinning, laughter, and waltz an evening away.

• Wedding: 11/03/2012
Eni & Florin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We held our daughter’s wedding reception at J Lui in Worthington and I cannot say enough great things about our experience. Todd who helped us plan and coordinate everything could not have been more wonderful to work with. The food was excellent. We had drinks and Hors D’oeuvres for our guests while we remained at the church for pictures. According to our guests the food was excellent and the display stunning. Todd, ever thoughtful, saved back some for the wedding party. My sister who can be very hard to please still raves about the Hors D’oeuvres. We had a sit down dinner. I have been to a lot of events and have found food served for large groups can be lacking. Each meal was done to perfection. I would have thought I was out for the night with friends at an expensive restaurant not at a large affair. Todd was most accommodating to all of the special dietary needs. Our friends and family included: small children, vegetarians, Jewish, peditarian, gluten intolerant, loves sea food, allergic to shell fish and red meat lovers. He was able to accommodate everyone without any problems.
The space is lovely and takes very little decoration to make it spectacular. The staff was professional and did a wonderful job. I would also like to thank the owner Mr. Lui for all of his kind considerations in making this a truly special night for our daughter.
I would recommend J Lui for any event and feel confident of the great job they would do.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
Catherine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The ballroom at J Liu of Worthington is not only beautiful... it has amazing employees as well. Todd Brown was always available to answer any questions I had through E-mail, even if there were multiple ones per day (this happened often)! He was so helpful, as he understood that having a wedding reception is a big expense, and he helped us with that in any way that he could. My husband and I felt that there was nothing we had to worry about. I had so many things on my mind, and the last thing I needed to think about was whether or not my guests would have a great time because I was certain that they would, as Todd gave me that trust! The food was very unique, as we had the coconut cornflake chicken. It brought a fun feel to the reception that I desired but didn't quite know how to accomplish. You really can't go wrong with any food that you have at J Liu! During my reception, one of the employees who was cleaning up took a moment to stop me and say how it was the best reception he had ever been a part of. I just felt that we were in great hands at J Liu, and that is something that is imperative if you do not want to lose your mind during the wedding planning process! If I had to have a wedding reception again, I would not think twice before contacting Todd again.

• Wedding: 08/18/2012
Kristyn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our reception on the main floor of the restaurant at J.Liu. It was amazing and so beautiful! We got compliment after compliment about the venue, how open it was, the food, the service, everything. Everyone said it was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding. The dinnner and dancing on one side and the bar on the other was perfect. It allowed our older guests and bar hangers to chill and chat at the bar. We also had the patio, and many people went out there to sit on the patio and talk. It was perfect as it had a space for everyone and every personality at our wedding. The food was awesome, it was the main reason we picked J.Liu. We got the appetizers for cocktail hour and all of oour guests raved about how good they were, everyone was full and happy. Todd was an excellent coordinator, he was incredibly helpful and accomadating, caring about every detail and ensuring everything was done just the way we wanted it. He assisted us with everything and was always willing to get on a phone call or schedule time to meet as we lived in Pittsburgh while planning this wedding. It was just so nice and I never worreid about the venue, the decorations being set-up or the food, I knew J.Liu would come through and they far surpassed my expectations. I would recommend them to anyone who wants an awesome and unique venue and delicous food. It has been weeks after our wedding and we are still hearing how wonderful it was from family and friends:)

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

J. Liu was an excellent venue for our wedding reception! All of the staff we worked with, including all waiters, the chef, and especially Todd were wonderful to work with. Todd was very professional throughout the entire process and is very experienced, so was able to make our evening run very smoothly.

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

J Liu's staff is among the best I've ever Encountered. The event was on point for everything. The staff was even ready for unplanned accommodations. The chef was able to provide a great blend of choices. Working with J-liu's head of event planning is the best part! Todd provided great recommendations and service.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Todd at J Lui's was amazing! I didn't know how important it was to have a responsive and helpful planner at the venue until I realized one day that I don't have to check in on Todd like I did with many other vendors. I knew everything would be taken care of, and sure enough, the day was PERFECT! He remembered every little detail and the staff was so kind. Our guests had an amazing time! Plust the food was excellent!

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

J Liu made my wedding better than my dreams! Every detail from planning, decoration, service, food, and fun was better than expected. What really sold us on picking J Liu was the food- they are known for their amazing restaurant and delicious food. All of our guests were raving about the butler passes appetizers during cocktail hour and the fantastic plated meals for dinner! The banquet manager, Todd, is extremely sociable and knowable. He gave advice as to what was best for our ideas, our guests, and our wallet. Through the planning process, Todd and I worked closely together, he helped me implement some of the ideas I had, that I realistically thought were not possible. I fully trusted the staff at J Liu, which gave me peace of mind as it got closer to the wedding. I knew that they would be able to carry through with every little planned detail to perfection. I highly recommend J Liu for a professional planning experience and a perfectly executed event

• Wedding: 01/21/2012
614-888-1818
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards