The Atrium at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens

Value
4.3
Flexibility
Recently Married

My husband and I were very pleased by the location and service here at the Atrium. We had a December wedding, and it was beautifully decorated.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Meadowlark gave us the wedding of our dreams. We are so overwhelmed with gratitude for staff. Bryan went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and full. :) The venue was elegant, the staff was generous, and my guests were stunned with the beautiful holiday lights that the gardens had to offer. Serena, Christian, Bryan, Kristin, and Wayne thank you for your kindness and generosity.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot rave highly enough about The Atrium. It was the perfect reception venue from the initial walk through to the day of. The beauty speaks for itself, especially during the holiday season, as it has extra decorations up as well as the winter walk of lights to serve as an amazing backdrop and finale walk through for guests. But I think the best part of the Atrium is that it is a one stop shop. We had no need for a wedding planner. Wayne and Cerrena walk you through the whole floor plan and all of the logistics to arrange things exactly how you want and your catering captain helps with your event schedule the day of. We had several DIY-type decorations for the check in table, centerpieces, and misc. signs which were all laid out perfectly according to the directions we gave the Atrium. We used their in house catering- Great Blue Heron, which was excellent. We will right a separate review for that. 100% recommend the Atrium to anyone.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

I had my wedding on November 15th and couldn't have been more pleased with everything the Atrium had to offer! I had no idea the venue even existed until the wedding process. We had our wedding during the first weekend of the light show which made the venue even more gorgeous then it already was! The indoor stream and greenery made the venue really unique to a lot of places around the area. Everyone we corresponded with there were extremely professional and were very responsive to anything we needed! The catering company that the Atrium uses (Blue Heron) was also superb and we have had multiple people tell us that was the best wedding food they have had. Overall, the place is FANTASTIC and creates the most beautiful backdrop for a wedding. I was overwhelmed at how great everything turned out there and would recommend this venue to anyone getting married during any season!!

Recently Married

We had a beautiful ceremony and reception at the Atrium on Oct. 17. For our reception, we hired the Atrium's in-house catering arm, Great Blue Heron. Our wedding guests raved about the beauty of the venue, the bounty of delicious food, and the professional and friendly staff who went out of their way to make all feel welcome.

During the many months leading up to the wedding, we spent a lot of time working with the front office staff (Wayne, Renee, and Cerrena) as well as the catering staff (Chef Bryan, Liz, Lauren, Kristen, and catering captain Chris). We always were so impressed by their friendliness, down-to-earth approach, responsiveness, and flexibility. They were very respectful of our requests regarding food, headcount, and budget. We never felt pushed into a decision, and it felt very collaborative.

The Atrium and GBH always will hold a special place in our hearts; because of them, we and our guests had a wonderful time at our wedding. Highly recommend.

Recently Married

Meadowlark wasn't my first choice for a wedding venue, but I'm so glad we had our ceremony and reception there. The location is beautiful: there are trees and a little river inside! We got so many comments from guests on how pretty it was inside the Atrium and also what a nice backdrop the grounds made for the ceremony. The staff was a pleasure to work with: very responsive and so accommodating. The Atrium staff as well as Blue Heron catering made our wedding day flow seemingly effortlessly.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

After researching wedding venues in MD, PA, CA and NY, a friend suggested we visit Meadowlark Botanical Gardens near Tysons Corner, where he recently had hosted his daughter's wedding.So glad we did. It was a gorgeous, magical day for our son and daughter in law's wedding thanks to the professionalism of the Meadowlark Atrium and GBH Caterimg Staff! Everything went smoothly thanks to the attentiveness and flexibility provided by Cerrena and Kristin. We received exceptional service that began with the magnificent food tasting event with Chef Bryan. We had exquisite appetizers during cocktail hour and a mouthwatering buffet (included beef tenderloin) and premium full open bar. Bryan agreed to stuff canollis that we brought. He could not have been more wonderful to work with. Everything was absolutely DELICIOUS! The evening was flawless thanks to the outstanding service and hospitality provided by Christian (Captain) snd his wonderful team (April was the only name I caught). All the guests were impressed with the warm hospitality and the natural beauty of the venue. BTW- we didn't have an official wedding planner working with the venue. These folks have got it down to a science and are very accommodating. It truly was a night to remember and the value just cannot be beat!!! Mrs. P

Recently Married

Wayne and everyone with Great Blue Heron were amazing. They accommodated every little request I asked. The staff was beyond fantastic the day off. I would highly recommend them to any couple looking for a gorgeous place to get married and fabulous and easy going staff with mouth watering food.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Awesome!!!! I highly reccomend!!! The staff above and beyond :)

Michelle
05/16/2014

Most beautiful location and great catering for our May wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is amazing! My husband and I were married there at the beginning of April and could not have dreamed of a better venue. The entire staff was extremely helpful and responsive to all of our questions leading up to the big day and everything the day of ran like a well oiled machine. They definitely know what they're doing and have it down to an art.

We used their in-house catering (Great Blue Heron Catering) and every guest that we talked to said it was the best food that they've ever had at a wedding. The head chef was wonderful and was personally bringing the bridal party ordourves and drinks while we were getting ready in the Lilac room. We also used the other vendors that they recommended for the guests hotel and the cake and were soooo happy with those as well.

The day of the wedding the atrium provided an event "captain" whose name I believe was Christian. He was amazing as well and completely catered to every single need or question we had...which included keeping our glasses filled with champaign the entire night! Not only Christian but the entire staff was great, worked very quickly, and were extremely polite.

My husband grew up visiting Meadowlark and was pretty set on having the wedding there so we didn't get many quotes from other venues. Because of that reason, I'm not really able to comment on the prices at this venue but I can say, that with a guest count of 160, we thought the cost was very reasonable for all the wonderful services that they provided.

I could go on and on about how wonderful this venue and staff were but there's probably not enough room so I'll just end by saying this venue and all the staff is wonderful and we would not have changed a single thing about the night.

Kristen
03/29/2014

The staff, both on the venue side and the catering side, were extremely helpful and responsive. They answered our questions as they came up, and they were always ready to provide suggestions when we weren't sure about something. My husband is a chef, and he was specifically impressed that the catering chef was out at the buffet making sure everything was presented appropriately on the day of our wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Mary
02/22/2014

We were SO glad we chose Meadowlark as our venue. The staff was responsive, the food was delicious, and the space was absolutely beautiful. They have discounts on off-season months (for us, February) which is how we were able to afford such a nice place, and we couldn't have been happier that it worked out.

1+ year ago

We just had our wedding at this venue and what an incredible place. The venue had amazing workers there that helped us out through the entire process and once we got to the venue for the reception, the venue Captain and staff were so helpful. We heard great things from our guest who were there and we couldn't be happier with the choice we made for our wedding reception.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Atrium at Meadowlark is a stunning location to hold a wedding ceremony and/or reception and my fiance and I fell in love with the place at first sight. However, what makes or breaks a location isn't just how it looks, it is your experience with the staff, especially during wedding planning which can be very stressful. Every experience we had with the staff at the Atrium was wonderful. They are responsive, professional, knowledgeable, and nice to work with. As a bride in the midst of juggling work and wedding planning, they made my life easier. And then, it got even better. The day of our wedding went so smoothly. They are so prepared and organized. The staff is lovely and attentive. My guests were amazed. We could not have chosen a better venue. Also, for future brides: our wedding was held in late November. If you are concerned with having a winter wedding at a botanical garden, don't be. It was beautiful and the indoor temperature was perfect. I was concerned with using one room for the ceremony and reception, but it went off without a hitch. Starting in mid-November, the Atrium is decorated with holiday lights and flowers which added a romantic and festive feeling to my wedding. Also, outdoors there is a winter light show on the grounds that your guests will love.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I did not rent the atrium but had my ceremony on the lake gazebo. What a beautiful place to get the wedding photos every girl dreams of. From the beautiful trees and plants to the rolling hills. It was great and the cost was affordable if you are planning a small event. The only issue is although you reserve the gazebo for exclusive use, they do not offer a way to keep others visiting the garden from entering the gazebo. We had to constantly ask people to leave because we had it reserved for a wedding. Most people were gracious. You have to expect that in a public place. I would recommend the gazebos to everyone. Although, I had beautiful weather, have a back up plan in case mother nature interferes.