The American Wedding

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
1.9

I ordered my invitations through this website and there was a problem with my order so i called the customer service hot line and received horrible service! I would never recommend this company to anyone. I work in customer service myself and know how customers should be treated and its a shame that i did not get the service i deserve.

4.1

Great invitations at reasonable prices. Received my invitations very quickly after submitting my order.

3.5

I am extremely upset with my purchase from The American Wedding. I ordered my invitations in what they advertised as lavender thermo ink. They looked perfect on the computer but when I received them the color was no where close to lavender it was more of like a hot/bright purple. I thought it was a mistake so I called customer service and was told that the color I received was lavender and they would print me new ones but couldn't guarantee that any other color purple would be close to lavender. I was running out of time so I just decided to keep my order bc I wasn't gonna get lavender anyway so for keeping my order they gave me a 50% refund without me asking so customer service was great, but overall I was not happy and wound up having to change my color scheme to keep everything consistent.

1 Review
1.5

I will never use this website again they ripped me off 108.00 dollars i never recieved my product. They kept saying that i wouldnt be charged until it was shipped and the charges would be dropped but i never got my product and i was charged the full amount. This website is a joke and takes advantage of people!!

The American Wedding responded with the following comments:

Hello, please call our customer service department at 1-800-428-0379 immediately. As a company who has been in business since 1972, we would never willingly charge your credit card without shipping your product to you. We need to speak to you so we can locate and track your order. We are sorry for the trouble, and hope you do call us soon so we can resolve this issue for you.

Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Party Supplies
1.0

I spent a lot of time perfecting my invitation and the final product that I received was way off from my design. The online design also shows an underlay so the wording of the invite doesnt hang out all over but they did not include the piece in the order. I had also spent a lot of time moving and resizing my text so that it would remain hidden under that piece.The initial was not centered so it looked ridiculous and to top it off, it was the focal point of the invite. The cuts were off too, leaving uneven margins, which also looked tacky. I spent $335 on 200 invites and feel that it was a huge waste.

2.5

I can't really say they're bad or good because I used Vistaprint

Services Used: Invitations

Our invitations were lovely and just what we wanted! We got some many compliments on them from our guests that received them :) The price we paid for what we got was great- it was under $100 for 90 invitations with a coupon code- they are available regularly and can save you anywhere from 25%-40%. Plus they offer sample invitations for free to see your favorites in person before you purchase. Great vendor!!

1 person found this review helpful

Great price, great quality. I would recommend The American Wedding invitations to anyone. They were significantly cheaper than other popular invitation makers, but I saw no difference in the quality, or the options offered.

Recently Married

The invitations I ordered were amazing and a great value! The service was great, I had two invites saved in my cart and ordered the wrong one and when I realized what I had done they were able to change my order before printing! Very friendly customer service.

Services Used: Invitations

THESE WERE THE BEST INVITATIONS! We were able to save a fortune on our 300 invitations, but they were beautiful. They looked like they were hand stamped and pressed and so amazing. The customized options were great. The website is sometimes hard to navigate, but the invitations were beautiful! Make sure to use the 40% off coupon!!!

Services Used: Invitations

We LOVE our invitations! At first we were skeptical ordering online and this was such a great deal compared to other companies but, we are very impressed with the quality of the invitations. The customer service is also outstanding! We called to ask about shipment and got to a 'real' person right away that helped us out even though we had lost our confirmation number.

Services Used: Invitations

I received a magazine from The American Wedding in the mail. I liked the fact that they send you free samples in the mail, so you know exactly what you're ordering. I received the samples very fast. I took awhile to figure out exactly what I wanted, but when I was ready to order, the website made everything so easy. When I had questions, their website chat service was very fast to respond and very helpful. I received the invitations about 6 weeks after I ordered them. I have already sent them out, just waiting on RSVPs. Everyone keeps commenting on them, saying how pretty they are. So I am just thrilled with my invitations!

0.5

I would have given the American Wedding no stars, but that was not an option. My over all experience ordering my wedding invitations from the American Wedding was very poor and inadequate at best. I had ordered 200 invitations, 200 reception cards, 200 respond cards, and paid extra for return address, two ink colors, $20.00 proof and 42.50 for express Shipping & Handling. This very important order was completed on April 25, 2014 via online. However, I did not receive my invitations until eleven days later on May 5, 2014. To delay the order further, American Wedding took three days to e-mail the same proof I had seen while placing my order (a total waste of $20.00). To make matters worse, the invitations lacked consistency, because I had received damaged items including 40 invitations with ink defects, and sticky envelopes. Further more, several of the invitations and cards were flawed in design and printing (i.e.. spotted and running ink), and there was some sort of adhesive and staining substances on some of the return address envelopes, and the reception and return cards. In total, I have spent $568.24 for beautiful wedding invitations and express service; however, the order I had received was delayed and amateurish. My experience ordering wedding invitations from the American Wedding was everything I did not expect it too; a complete disappointment from the onset. Presently, I am left with 40 defected invitations that I am unable to send to my guests. I am livid that American Wedding did not deliver the product that I had ordered and paid for. As a paid customer, I have expectations, and if a company professes to give professional service, and deliver quality products; then that company needs to comply and honor its policies. In all my times ordering online, this is by far the worse ordering experience I have ever encountered, and I hope to never again. American Wedding, your customer service is lacking, & the quality of products is deplorable.

Recently Married

Amazing service and product. Unbeatable prices for the quality of the invitations. Super fast delivery and easy to use website!

1.7

Invites and envelopes were fine. The font on the RSVP cards was poorly printed and should not have passed the quality control or packaging staff. I was told that reprinting couldn't possibly be done in a day...we're talking 100 RSVP cards...come on. I sent photos and they agreed to reprint but offered two day express mail. I had to push for overnight shipping.

Recently Married

This vendor was great to work with. I ordered my invitations online and was able to see exactly what I was ordering through their website. The invitations came quickly, but were missing the envelopes for the RSVP cards along with double sided tape to put the invitations together. I called the company and they were very apologetic and sent the items I was missing out right away at no additional cost to me. Putting the invitations together was a breeze and they looked just like I imagined them to.