The American Wedding

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I ordered my invitations through www.theamericanwedding.com and was very pleased! I had received a catalog back in May and ordered a sample immediately. The sample came pretty quick and I held on to the catalog and sample when I was ready to order- you can order a few samples to see the quality, size and envelope size.
I ordered my invitations last Friday and they were delivered yesterday (Thursday). Printing and shipping within a week - amazing surprise!
I really loved the variety on the website. I felt like they had much more to offer and at a much better cost than their competitors.
I fell in love with the Grace Wedding Invitations. I really loved how well all of the accessories matched up perfect. They also had more accessories than I would have imagined.
I would highly recommend getting your invitations through this company.
I think going forward I will be using them or their sister companies for any future invites, cards, stationary purposes.

[Private]
3.9

We ordered our invitations from The American Wedding because my fiance and I are paying for the majority of things ourselves and we needed to save some $$. For what we paid we got exactly what we though we'd get - the invitations are nice and the ink is nice, they're not anything super special but they get the job done. I was pleased with all of the options you have and also with the speed of delivery - also they ALWAYS have a sale going on so it was almost impossible to not get a good deal on the invites/ RSVP cards/ reception cards. Also a plus is that they'll print your return address on the RSVP envelop for free.

4.3

Ordered our insert cards from here. Very nice, especially for the price. Raised/embossed printing, which was a nice surprise.

Services Used: Invitations

We selected the "Gwen" design -- I absolutely love it, classic but modern. Order shipped promptly, no complaints about quality on invitations or printing. The foil and debossed technique makes for a really elegant looking design without being super expensive. Envelopes could have been a little nicer, but that seems to be a very common complaint among all the mass market invitation companies so it's not a make or break issue. We had a 40% off coupon which made them VERY cost effective compared to other companies that have the foil technique. Overall we're very satisfied.

Services Used: Invitations

I got my wedding invitations online at The American Wedding. I originally was looking at an invitation suite on Etsy, but at $7 per invitation, I was paying more for the invitations than I was for my chair rentals! In the interest of staying within my budget, I started looking online. I came across the Cora Invitations and fell in love! I researched doing my own invitations on the same paper, but could not find anyplace in town or online that could beat the price. I ordered have of my invitations as a single layer and half as a double layer. I gave out the pricier invitations to family and close friends, and gave the less expensive version to coworkers. Both were stunning and high quality! I had the single layer version printed in gold thermography ink on aquamarine metallic paper and the double layer was gold thermography ink on white paper on top of the aquamarine metallic paper. They were truly elegant and beautiful and I loved them even more than the more expensive invitations I found on Etsy! I highly recommend The American Wedding.

Services Used: Invitations

We were able to order everything online and received all invitations in a timely manner. The quality was as expected and I've gotten a lot of compliments on them so far. We didn't go really high end on invitations or envelopes and they ran a great special for 40% off which seems to run often.

1.0

could NOT BE MORE DISAPPOINTED! we have to glue together & tie bows ourselves?! BUYER BEWARE-invites will look like DIY art projects!
we have to sloppily glue our invite to the back lining and tie the bows ourselves. what could have been an exquisite invite will now appear DIY and like a homemade arts project. you should clearly put into your catalogue and misrepresentative sample packets that the "extra dollar" needed to "assemble" the invite means receiving a finished project, not merely stuffing the envelopes.

Services Used: Invitations

I love, love, LOVE our invitations! They run great sales very often, so wait for them to put Wedding invitations at 40% off before you order. Ours are absolutely beautiful, and exactly what we wanted, and about 50% less even at full price than we were quoted everywhere else. We opted to put ours together ourselves instead of paying $1 an invitation for them to do it, and I can honestly say my only complaint is that I wish they had included a few more of the glue dots with them. Great value and quality!

1 Review
Recently Married
0.8

I ordered my invitations via express shipping (21 dollars) on Thursday. They shipped my invitations the next Monday.

Services Used: Invitations

Just got my invitations delivered today and I am in LOVE. They are everything I hoped they would be and then some. Super fast delivery too!

1 Review
Recently Married

they provided extra envelopes with my order and the order came so fast! I actually made a mistake on my invites and they were so fast about getting back to me and made it so easy and so inexpensive to get it fixed!

Services Used: Invitations

I actually ordered invitations through this vendor twice. The first ones I ordered without showing to my mother first (she said she was fine with whatever we liked) but when I showed them to her she HATED them. Fortunately, The American Wedding staff was very responsive and was able to cancel the order and refund the charge very quickly! I was later able to find a different invitation (that we all liked) and place another order. The order was produced and shipped quickly, and the invitations came in perfect! I was super excited to send them out to our guests! I would definitely recommend shopping with The American Wedding for your invitations.

Dr. & Mrs. R
06/20/2015

I would have liked to have received email updates as my order progressed. Other than that, I absolutely love our Save the Dates and Invitations! We even got to have our Wedding Wire website match!! I was able to make the included cards however I wanted them which was great. I also had to do my own wording on the invitation to satisfy both parents and I was able to create exactly what I needed!!

Services Used: Invitations

I was unaware that we would have to tie all ribbons on the invitations. I would recommend spending the extra $20 to have them stuff all invitations! Half of my save the dates had the wrong font, but they still looked great either font

jt
06/12/2015

I absolutely loved the wedding invitations I received. However due to the insufficient packing materials, my invitations were damaged when they arrived. I had to get another shipment sent which were more appropriate, but still not packed with more protection as asked. I was also disappointed that this vendor sent my invitation to my wedding venue for promotional purposes without my permission. That would've been an appropriate courtesy. Management did contact me to apologize thereafter. Overall a great value, but the shipping and handling process needs improvement.

Services Used: Invitations

My invitations were gorgeous and just how I ordered them! Came in a very timely manner!