The Ambrosia Bakery

Value
Flexibility
[Private]
4.7

Ambrosia Bakery is by far the best bakery in the Baton Rouge area. They are significantly more expensive, but honestly, it's well worth the added cost. The work that Ambrosia does in terms of wedding cakes is simply amazing. The flavor and taste of this cake is not something that can be beat. My fiance and I are on a budget for our wedding and though we tried to go with a cheaper option, Ambrosia just takes that much better that it was worth paying the extra cost to us. The customer service is amazing. When you go in for a consultation they provide you with a slice of their usual wedding cake but you can request 6 slices of any cake combination. This was enough to feed us for days and it was just samples! I highly recommend Ambrosia Bakery!

1 Review
0.7

While picking up a prepaid special order, we noticed a small black insect crawling on the wall adjacent to the special order window (the species is unmistakable). The employee mumbled that she was not going to deal with that and walked away. Later a call to the manager got us the following response "there is a contract with (a major extermination service mentioned by name) for once a month and we have another call to them now." No apology, no reassurance = no understanding of the customer's perspective, value of customer loyalty, or what one expects when paying a premium for baked goods. If they want to act like a budget grocery store sell they should sell their business to one.

This incident has left us with the impression that Ambrosia bakery has substandard service and issues of cleanliness around food storage and preparation areas. The manager is aware of the issue and apparently feels it is for a third-party to handle at intervals of once a month or when a customer notices.

Recently Married

Beautiful wedding cake! Delicious!

4.1

Ambrosia did an amazing job for our wedding cake. We were planning the wedding from out of town but the staff took care of many of our concerns and worked well with the coordinator.

Recently Married

The ladies that handle weddings at Ambrosia were a pleasure to work with. Very knowledgeable and professional. They gave us a box of different flavor cake squares to taste at home, which is a great way to get others involved in helping with the decision. The ladies were very accommodating, when I attended the main consultation and brought my iPad so that I could FaceTime my daughter since she lives several states away while we went over photos with ideas as they sketched out the perfect cake that she had in mind. The cake was beautiful and everyone commented on how delicious it was, was confirmed by only two pieces left over.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The wedding specialist spent a lot of time with us to design our dream wedding. We were given several samples and the cake was beautiful and delicious.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was both delicious and beautiful. It was exactly what I wanted and it lived up to its name. Thanks Ambrosia!

The Ambrosia Bakery responded with the following comments:

You are very welcome! So good to hear that you loved your cakes!

Courtney
08/02/2014

Ambrosia was awesome, our cake was beautiful and was very delicious!

The Ambrosia Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the great review. We always aim not just to please but amaze our customers!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Love my cake amazing job!!! It was just what I wanted and more, received numerous compliments..

The Ambrosia Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the great review! We are very excited to hear that you loved your cake!

3.2

Ambrosia usually has great service although both my bride and groom cake taste great they did not arrive on time. Also the bride cake had been shifted or drop the back of the cake was warp.

The Ambrosia Bakery responded with the following comments:

Glad that you liked the cake! Which wedding are you referring too?

1+ year ago

Absolutely fantastic! We got our bride's cake and our groom's cake from Ambrosia. They were both very fresh and tasted amazing! The customer service is great and they really work to make the cake everything that you want it to be!

The Ambrosia Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We work very hard to Amaze our Brides!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ambrosia Bakery has definitely outdone themselves! My cake and the Groom's Cake was absolutely gorgeous and perfect! There was so much detail and not only looked beautiful but also tasted great!

The Ambrosia Bakery responded with the following comments:

We are so excited that you enjoyed your wedding cake! Our goal is not to just please you, but to amaze you! Thanks for the great review!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The Ambrosia Bakery was very easy to work with and understood what type of cake we were looking for. On the day of our event, we could not have been more pleased with the outcome of the cake. It was absolutely beautiful and what we wanted. The cake was fabulous and we had several guests comment on how great the cake tasted.

Rebekah,
Thank you so much for the great review. We are excited to see how happy you and your guests were with the cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Very nice place. Super helpful. And delicious!

The Ambrosia Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thank you and we appreciate the great review!

TheOGJesse's Girl
03/01/2014

My wedding cake was absolutely beautiful AND delicious!!!! I got so many compliments on my cake! The cake was four tiers and had handmade gum paste flowers that were also hand painted. They turned out the perfect color and were absolutely gorgeous!!! The service was excellent and the cake was delivered ahead of schedule.

1+ year ago

I had Ambrosia's fresh strawberry cake for my wedding and it was FABULOUS! If you have ever had this cake from there then you know what I'm talking about. Not only did it taste great but i really liked the way the look of it turned out. They gave me what I wanted even though I may not have been the best at describing what that was. I lucked out in booking them because they weren't supposed to do my cake. The lady who was had to have surgery on her hand and couldn't bake. So Ambrosia booked me on very short notice. Everything worked out like it was supposed to and they cake turned out beautifully. They also did a very elegant grooms cake in chocolate with chocolate covered strawberries. Also VERY GOOD.