The Adolphus

Value:
(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The most beautiful venue along with the nicest and easiest team to work with. Anything you would ask for, it was done! They absolutely cater to you and all your needs and make you not have to worry about anything during the reception. The food was also fabulous and delicious as well. Overall, the Adolphus along with the staff was absolutely amazing and made everything easy breezy!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Private User
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding reception at the Adolphus was beautiful! The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Terri Hahn is amazing! She's so sweet and very accommodating. She was very flexible about our requests. Within weeks of the wedding, she sent my parents (they paid for the reception) a thank you card along with a check for the amount they had overpaid ($1,800). They gave us an amazing sweet for our wedding night and a free room service breakfast the next morning. The girls had a free room to get ready in before the ceremony. All this was included in the package. They covered all their bases. The only reason I am not giving a perfect score is because the guests had some mix ups with the rooms. They were told a room number but when arriving it was a room already assigned to a different guest. Other than that, everything was perfect!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Jennifer
2.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I was very happy with the Adolphus until my wedding day. There are so many things that went wrong. Most importantly, out florists was not allowed to put my linens on the table. We had these linens made for my wedding. Someone in the room told my florist since the tables were already set she could not put the linens down. She was not going to move anything, just put the small circle linens in the middle of the table. But he kept saying no. As soon as I walked into the room I noticed they were not there. I was very disappointed. Also, we were told at our food tasting that we would have a private room to eat our food before we were introduced. We went into the room and ate our hors D'oeuvres and waited and waited. Then they said ok, let's go down to the room now. We were so confused why we sat in that room for 15-20 min without our dinner. It was so pointless and knowing this I would not have done this. Also, I had 2 gold rhinestone bands around my cake. They were very expensive to purchase and wanted to save them to reuses later for my daughters bday cake. They couldn't find them, must have thrown them away. I left a note with the front desk for Terri to call me about looking for them, and never received a call. Very upset about that. Lastly, that next morning when friends and family were waiting for their card from the valet it took forever! My grandfather waited over 30 min and they finally had to take him back inside so he could sit down. They brought down the wrong car 2x for my sister in law. They knew there was 2 weddings going in the previous night, they should have had more help. It was a mess. I may be nit picking, but this is their job, this is what Terri and the Adolphus does. So things should have been perfect. Especially my linens and my gold bands were the most frustrating part. I just hope other brides read this and it doesn't happen to them. A call or email also would have been nice, but I got no apology whatsoever.

The Adolphus responded with the following comments:

I was very disappointed to read of the problems that you encountered on your wedding day at The Adolphus. I am sorry that we let you down in certain areas as it is our custom to only provide the finest in service to those who place their trust in us for such a memorable occasion. I would like to personally speak with you to address the issues that were outlined in your review. I will attempt to reach you by phone to do so.
Sincerely,
Jim Gabler
Director of Sales and Marketing

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
Lauren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Teri was absolutely fabulous and wonderful to work with!

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Lindsay
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my reception at The Adolphus and am so glad I did! The level of service/professionalism is unmatched. The Adolphus has a certain class and charm about it and everyone I encountered (minus one reception guy) was nothing but professional, friendly, and extremely helpful!!

My wedding room block was a bit complicated but The Adolphus bent over backwards making sure all my guests had rooms for their stay.

The food was delicious, and our night went so smoothly thanks to the very experienced staff.

I'm typically a fan of more modern/contemporary styles but The Adolphus has so much charm and again with the service, it was the best decision I made! It's not cheap but well worth the investment.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Teri Hahn made this whole experience what you would hope for. She was incredibly responsive and a joy to work with. All our vendors were so happy to work with her because they knew how well everything would be handled! The staff was wonderful in working with guests and making sure everyone had the room they wanted in the location they wanted, and Teri was great in taking care of any hiccups. The catering staff dramatically exceeded expectations with FABULOUS food beautifully presented. Not an easy task for 330 people! WE only had the reception at the Adolphus; the ceremony was at a church. Caitlin and her bridesmaids had great joy in the suite where they prepared for the day.

The only problem was with parking staff, who created challenges throughout the week preceeding the wedding.

The beauty of the historic hotel and the amazing excellence of the services made the Adolphus the perfect place to celebrate Caitlin and John's wedding.

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Adolphus was AMAZING!!! The food was delicious, and the drinks were fantastic! The staff was so kind, and incredibly attentive to us. Unlike most brides, I actually ate & drank at my wedding – thanks to the Adolphus staff. They made sure that I had everything I wanted on our wedding day, and more. The rooms are beautiful, and we loved that our guests got to stay in a historic Dallas hotel. We had the honeymoon suite Fri-Sun, and my bridal party got ready with me in the room. It was HUGE - it has a second living area, and a massive patio. The entire weekend at the Adolphus was simply lovely. The staff has been together for 30+ years, and they really love taking care of their brides. I was excited to go on our honeymoon, but honestly a bit sad to leave the Adolphus. We had such a great experience there, and I would book it again in a heartbeat.

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can’t imagine having our reception anywhere other than the Adolphus. Everything was executed to PERFECTION. The planning process and tastings were very enjoyable with Jessica. My bridemaids and I stayed in the Queen Elizabeth suite the night before—that room is unreal. We were treated like princesses the whole time. Our guests that stayed at the hotel said the same thing. And the day of the wedding… WOW. Andrew and I showed up for the reception and were immediately (and unexpectedly) greeted by Augustine. Augustine and the rest of the staff catered to our every need all evening. They fixed us plates (made sure that we actually got to eat), kept the tables clean and drinks refilled, and Augustine carried around my lip-gloss for me all evening. The level of personal service and attention to detail was exceptional. And the food… best I have ever had! I wish I could eat those mini beef wellingtons for every meal. Andrew and I look forward to spending our anniversaries and other special occasions at the Adolphus!

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazingly professional and attentive, the Adolphus is a great value! The food and cake were both amazing and if you opt to taste the cake before you pick which flavor, they treat you to a white table cloth, tuxedoed waiting person experience in which you get to talk directly face to face with the chef.

They Full bar is actually a full bar, as you don't have to try to figure out how many drinks people are going to have nor how many champagne bottles to buy. They just keep it going for the whole event.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Anonymous
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Adolphus provided a beautiful setting for my wedding. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly and made it for a stress-free event.

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
Brittany
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There's not enough room or time to write on how much I enjoyed The Adolphus Hotel! They really made my wedding dreams come true and more! Jessica Cates, the wedding coordinator, was a joy to work with! She really knew what she was doing and went above and beyond her job duties to make sure that my reception was perfect. All the staff at The Adolphus were always so professional and helpful any time I visited the hotel. They even made sure that guests from another wedding that was being held at the same time didn't get into my favors. Augustine, one of the hotels staff always made sure our glasses were full and that we were comfortable at all times, even after the reception ended. I had friends and family tell me how delicious the food was and what a gorgeous venue it was and I couldn't agree more! A Mary Kay conference was being held in Dallas, so Jessica made arrangements to hire a valet service just for my wedding guests and relocate Mary Kay check in so that everything would go smoothly. I'm beyond happy that I chose The Adolphus for my reception venue. It really felt like a dream come true!

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We thoroughly enjoyed having our reception at The Adolphus. All of our friends adored the hotel and the history surrounding the gorgeous building.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The adolphins staff was wonderful. The food was amazing! We had so many wonderful compliments from all our guests.

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
Christine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For an elegant wedding it doesn't get any better than The Adolphus and The French Room. We had an evening seated dinner in The French Room for 80 guests and the venue is perfect for an event of that type and size. Cocktail hour in the lounge adjacent from The French Room which is beautiful and spectacular. Ceremony was in The Grand Ballroom. The colors and decor in the ballroom were really easy to work with. Jessica and her team made sure all our requests were met. Even better, the food was wonderful! Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 06/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we first stepped into the Adolphus Grand Ballroom, we had a reaction. A knowing: this is it. It reminded us of romantic ballrooms in grand ships ...like the Titanic! The old world charm captured our senses. The ornately painted heavenly blue ceiling felt like we were outside under the stars in a magical place. It was perfect. The Adolphus staff was equally impressive. They were so easy to deal with and you could see that they've done this before and all would be under control. And it was. The food was to die for. They also made the delicious champagne flavored cake with fresh strawberries, looking exaclty like I'd imagined. We had our very own bridal butler, Augustine, who guided us through the entore night. We had so much fun! Then, we were blown away when we got to our beautiful bridal suite, and in the morning, we had the best breakfast ever, and a late checkout so we could head off to Hawaii!

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Sherien
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I chose this hotel for our wedding and reception because it came so highly recommended by other vendors we spoke to as soon as we mentioned that we wanted an upscale glamorous wedding. Not only did the venue's brilliance meet our expectations, but Paula, the director of catering, ensured that every detail involving all the vendors went perfectly. It also will accommodate over 250 guest comfortably, which the other upscale hotels in Dallas could not handle. Nearly every guest noted to us that the rooms were amazing, that the food was delicious, and that the ceremony was stunning. If we had it to do all over again, I would not have changed a thing. In fact, my husband and I are looking at spending our anniversary at the hotel with dinner in the French Room.

• Wedding: 03/03/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Jessica
214-651-3551
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards