Templeton Landing

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

We love the beautiful location of Templeton and frequently go on the weekend for appetizers and a cocktail. The decision of where to have our wedding was a no brainer!! We were lucky to find an August date open this year. It was meant to be!

We had our wedding on the Skyline patio and the weather was great! Thankfully the wicked storm past entirely the night before!
From the first meeting, and throughout the entire planning process, it was easy! Alison Potter is on her game - the best banquet manager ever! She knows her "stuff"!!

We received many compliments about how great the appetizers and meals were - the best wedding food they ever had!! The bartenders were great - very friendly and accommodating. Everyone had a great time at the wedding - thanks in part to the staff at Templeton - thank you!

We went back one week later to relax and enjoy the DJ and great weather. Alison broke away from her busy day and stopped to chat with us. We mentioned we didn't get to enjoy the delicious stuffed mushrooms during our cocktail hour (our guests wanted the recipe!!). Alison came back with a plate of stuffed mushrooms that the chef made special for us!! Now that as going above & beyond!! The mushrooms were awesome!!

I would not hesitate to book a wedding at Templeton Landing!!

caitlin
08/06/2015

The staff was just phenomenal here. From the planning, the setup, the food, and the servers...I couldn't have asked for any more.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My husband and I were married at Templeton Landing on August 1st and were thrilled with the experience. Originally we had planned to marry on the Skyline Patio and move indoors to the Skyline Room for the reception but rain spoiled our plans. Alison Potter and her team quickly transformed the Skyline Room to accommodate our ceremony and it was even better than we imagined (romantic, intimate, beautiful). The staff was outstanding: friendly, accommodating, respectful, and quick.

The food was amazing! Our guests kept telling us how delicious everything was and how pleasantly surprised they were by the meal since wedding meals usually aren't great. If for nothing else, book Templeton Landing for the food.

When we were planning the wedding I had a vision for long farm tables instead of traditional rounds. Even though Templeton Landing had not done a wedding in that format before, they were flexible and quick to move forward with the plan and it looked great.

Customer service was great, too. There was a billing error the week leading up to the wedding and Alison quickly resolved the issue and made amends with some complimentary items to make up for the error.

We were so glad to be married at Templeton Landing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was absolutely perfect!! They were so easy to work with and the room looked amazing on our special day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Venue was amazing. Staff was very helpful and professional. Food was phenomenal!!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

We had our wedding in May, and could not have asked for a better day or reception location! From the grand ballroom of Templeton Landing to the upstairs rooftop patio, it was truly spectacular! We had our cocktail hour up on the roof, where guests were served our signature drink and enjoyed the open bar. Afterwards, guests were ushered down into the grand ballroom for food and dancing the rest of the evening.

Upon arriving, only my husband and I were allowed to peak inside the grand ballroom to see it fully decorated. I couldn't have imagined it turning out any more beautifully! Our guests had nothing but good things to say about Templeton, and the rooftop bar overlooking the Buffalo waterfront was something that really sets this location apart from the rest. We really owe the experience to Alison Potter, the Director of Catering and the rest of her staff!

There were only a few minor flaws. There was some confusion in terms of what needed to be provided from us in terms of guests meals, as we did a sit-down dinner. A few of the guests, at least at the head table, did not get what they at least claimed they had ordered on their response card. But overall, the food was delicious and everyone enjoyed their meal! Also, it had been our understanding that the rooftop bar would be open for the evening. However, it seemed to close after the end of the cocktail hour. However, it really was not an issue and plenty of selection in the ballroom bar! In the end, it was probably a good thing anyway, to keep all of the guests together and on the dance floor.

4.7

Alison was easy to work with She went out of her way to help make the day the way the bride and groom wanted it Beautiful location and venue

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our August 2014 wedding here and I would highly recommend Templeton Landing as a wedding venue if you are getting married in Buffalo, NY! As far as location, it doesn't get any better than this place! We had our ceremony and cocktail hour upstairs on the patio overlooking the boats and the harbor with the city skyline in the background.

Our reception was in the Grand Ballroom which was decorated perfectly. Our guests are still raving about the food (I know that is a HUGE concern when choosing a venue). Alison and her banquet staff were so helpful throughout the entire planning process (and always timely to respond to any questions we had). The day of the wedding everything went smoothly and I have to attribute that to the awesome staff at Templeton Landing.

I could not have been more pleased with our overall experience and I would definitely encourage you to consider Templeton Landing for your wedding if you haven't already... This place books fast!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter recently had her wedding reception there and I have to say the service was excellent. I am a worrier and therefore was worried however I could not have asked more any better service. They accommodated us I every way. Throughout the entire reception they would touch base with us to check if everything was going as expected and if anything more could be done. Anytime I asked for anything (more coffee etc), it was taken care of. Allison and Jessica could not have been more helpful and professional! Great to work with! Thank you templeton and staff!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Templeton landing was a wonderful venue for our wedding. We had the ceremony directly on the patio outside of our room right on the water. We had the reception in the skyline room which was beautiful and perfect for the amount of people we had which was 90. Everything was well put together and beautifully done! I would highly recommend to anyone planning a wedding

1+ year ago

Such beautiful views, and the food was awesome! Everyone helped to make our day awesome, they set up my centerpieces and favors just as I imagined!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I chose Templeton Landing as the site of our rehearsal dinner and we could not have been happier with our choice. The banquet team at Templeton did an excellent job of accommodating us and our guests throughout the event. Banquet Manager, Jennifer, was tremendous as she provided great suggestions of what has worked will with the space in the past as well putting together a plan that matched the atmosphere that we wanted to have for our rehearsal dinner. Additionally, having the outside patio reserved for our party provided an outdoor setting to relax and enjoy a waterfront setting in downtown Buffalo. We would highly recommend Templeton Landing to anyone considering a rehearsal dinner in the downtown Buffalo area.

1+ year ago

I recently had my reception here and couldn't be happier. First and foremost the staff at Templeton - especially Jennifer and Jessica - were incredibly accommodating. They had were attentive, responsive, and a "let's make it happen" attitude. The venue itself is beautiful and the rooftop deck of the ballroom is to die for. It helped that we had beautiful weather, but even if we were stuck inside it would have been a hit. The ballroom can easily hold 200 people and looks out over the water. We received endless complements on it all. The value is out of this world. It was MUCH more reasonably priced than the other venues we looked at and gave us many more customization options. I would happily recommend Templeton to anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

BEAUTIFUL VENUE!!!! We had the most perfect day which was AMAZING for this venue our guests enjoyed butler passed Champagne as soon as they entered, a cocktail hour that was stocked full of Hors d’oeuvre and drinks that was outside on their beautiful balcony with great views, an amazing meal (I kept hearing from our guests that this was not typical wedding food!!) every plate was whipped clean. Then to top it off a dessert bar at the end, NO ONE left hungry and the staff was amazing. They ensured that my husband and I ate, even if that meant them boxing up our dinner or cooking us something at 10:00 at night (yes they gave us those options which is just amazing!!) We had Lobster and Filet as one of our entries and 120 out of our 200 guest requested; this my biggest fear with meat, particularly filets at weddings for that many people is that it is either under or over cooked, it was not it was cooked to perfection!!! All I wanted was an elegant wedding with lots of drinks and tons of great food (which ensures everyone has a great time) and Templeton's delivered on this thank you to Alison and her staff for all that they did that night I would recommend you to everyone looking to plan any big event!!!

1+ year ago

Templeton Landing was an incredible venue for our wedding. It was absolutely beautiful. Jennifer, Jessica, and anyone else we worked with were very responsive and they made us feel that everything was taken care of (and it was). When the night was over I did not want to leave! This is the perfect place for your special day!

1+ year ago

The food was excellent as was the service. The assisted with last minute requests with zero hesitation.