Taste Catering

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

I have never been to a wedding with better food, and I'm not just saying that because it was ours. tee hee! Every single one of our guests RAVED and still rave about the food the night of our wedding. Everything went so smooth that my husband and I are still amazed.

There are a few things after the fact we had wished were a little different (for example, how someone wanted their steak cooked was never asked and during the cocktail hour, the raw bar was only refilled twice), but during the actual night we didn't notice these few things so it didn't really matter.

Overall, what an amazing venue, team and location to have. If you have this venue on your list of options, BOOK IT! They are so incredible to work with and did such an amazing job making our special day the best we could have ever imagined.

Recently Married

Excellent food, excellent service. Taste catering exceeded expectations. Very creative menu.

1 Review
Recently Married

Our wedding was absolutely wonderful. (Everything was perfect from the flowers from Narcissus, photography- Ann Coen, DJ-X-Plosive Entertainment and the hair and makeup-Just Braggin' hair salon). The Boathouse is a great classy yet laid back venue right on the bay. The atmosphere and especially the sunset is the best. Taste Catering provided great food and service. We especially loved the ginger glazed salmon. The wait staff went above and beyond our expectations. Theresa helped us with any questions that we had and made the planning process much less stressful. She was there the day before to help us with any questions about the set up and she checked up on us afterwards to hear about the wedding. I would highly recommend the Boathouse venue and Taste Catering services. :-)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Theresa and the rest of the staff are absolutely amazing. They were so great to work with and truly cared about our day. The venue itself is beautiful (love the downstairs and upstairs different feel). We couldn't have picked a better place and people to share our wedding with!

Lauren and Zack <3

Recently Married

Delicious food and great service! They were able to make changes to the menu as I requested with no problems. Highly recommended!

Recently Married

Mallard Island Venue was breathtaking, gorgeous. There are not enough adjectives to describe the venue and the service received at our daughter's wedding. Danielle, the event planner at the Mallard, went above and beyond to make every detail happen. She covered every aspect and gave us great suggestions as we went through the months leading to the wedding. Every question was answered
promptly to put our minds at ease. Our guests could not believe how beautiful the grounds were at the Mallard inside and outside and many said they had never been to a venue like this. Taste Catering did an unbelievable presentation at the Cocktail Hour and the Dinner. The food was delicious and plentiful. Impeccable!! Our guests raved about the food. The professionalism and service received from the Bridal Attendant, Maitre D, Servers and Bartenders was excellent.
Danielle assured me the day of the wedding "Let me take care of it." She did!
We were able to relax and enjoy our guests because of Danielle's knowledge and expertise.
Our daughter said she had the wedding of her dreams at the Mallard Island Yacht Club and she did.

Wedding: 10/18/14

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake

We had our reception at The Boathouse and it helped make our wedding day perfect! We worked with Nicole for the year leading up to the wedding and she was so friendly, responsive and helpful. The tasting was a huge bonus of having a wedding through Taste Catering. It was held at the Stateroom and is set up like a mini wedding. We could bring 2 guests with us and for the first part you are served a wide variety of appetizer options they offer. Then after an hour of eating delicious food, you go upstairs to the dining room where you sample 4 entrees on your menu. We had 4 people in our group so we passed around each of the entrees to sample. The food was absolutely delicious, and we have high standards. We were worried that the food wouldn't be as great on the night of the wedding but it truly was. Guests repeatedly told us that the salmon was the best salmon they ever had. They set up all the decorations I had dropped off the day before and the room looked exactly how we wanted it. They continued to make sure we had enough food and drinks throughout cocktail hour and dinner and succeeded at making us feel special on our wedding day. We can't say enough good things about them, we would definitely recommend!

Services Used: Catering

We waited a long time for our daughter's wedding date to arrive-- It was held at the Mallard where Danielle and her staff made all my daughter's and son in laws dreams come true. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding planner then she was. The people are still talking about the excellent food that was served all throughout the event. The service was excellent (perhaps) a little more time for us at the end to gather our things and depart would be the only very very very tiny thing I would have liked to see handled better -- we felt a tad bit rushed, but 99.99% of the time we were treated like family.

Danielle's expertise and advice helped this frantic mom actually have time to dance the night away with no worries, and that might be the biggest compliment ever given out.

Blessing to all who made our daughter's wedding at the Mallard a "true fairy tale come true".

Heather
09/20/2014

Everything was perfect! The food was amazing! I could not have asked for more!

Recently Married

Taste Catering was fantastic through and through for our wedding. I was a little apprehensive of the idea at first that we were limited to their services at Mallard, but thankfully both Erin and Danielle were amazing every step of the way. From answering questions to explaining options, they laid out the perfect menu for our wedding. Everything was absolutely delicious, I had many guests say it was actually the best meal they'd ever had at a wedding and that our appetizers were to die for. I for one was incredibly excited the morning after to see they had packaged each of our entrees that we had ordered for the wedding and a set of appetizers for us to bring home! I was ecstatic to go home and eat everything in peace (since we stuffed our faces quickly the night of the wedding). The quality of food you get in my opinion is much higher than the cost. What I would give for another set of those entrees!

Services Used: Catering

Taste Catering was amazing on all levels. The service was top notch, the food was impeccable and the professionalism all around was refreshing.
We had to change plans last minute due to rain and it was flawless.
The vendors suggestions were wonderful as well as the other helpful suggestions along the way.
If I were to say one negative thing it would be regarding the alcohol. I was concerned we would run out and I made my concerns known ahead of time. I was assured this would not happen. We ran out of Miller Lite fairly early in the evening. Not a huge deal but slightly annoying.
I would whole heartedly recommend Taste Catering to anyone planning a wedding or other large function. The people are warm and fantastic and the food is mouth wateringly delicious. I am craving it 2 weeks later.

Eileen
09/12/2014
3.8

The food was absolutely delicious and plentiful; in fact, the shrimp platter, the cheese platter and the fruit platter, that were placed in each dining table, we're not eaten enough to warrant the cost.
The servers were pleasant and ,also, plentiful. "Dan" followed me around all night!
I would highly recommend the Boathouse and Taste Catering. Nicole was great to work with and knows what she's doing; I was quite comfortable with her expertise.

Services Used: Catering

Working with Taste Catering was one of the best parts of our whole wedding experience. They helped us customize our menus and didn't stop until they knew we were 100% satisfied. The food was delicious and fresh the day of the wedding. The steak was extremely tender it basically melted in your mouth and the mahi-mahi was AMAZING. We couldn't have been happier with all of our food options at the cocktail hour and reception, and Taste Catering made that possible!

Rose
09/06/2014

My wedding was held at the Stateroom which was catered by Taste. For our food tasting, Taste hosted a mock wedding. This, in my opinion, was an excellent idea. It allowed the bride and groom, and their 2 guests, to socialize and eat as though they were attending a wedding. Being in this type of setting, it gave us a good idea of how the food would taste and be presented on the day of your big day. The food had to be prepared for around 100 people on this tasting day verses just 2 people. The food was tasty and of good quality at the tasting and of the day of our wedding. On the day of the wedding, the food was prepared properly and tasted excellent. No complaints. The feedback I received from guests was of the same; everyone enjoyed the food and raved about it being not typical wedding food. Cocktail hour was especially a hit. I think this is always wedding guests favorite time during a wedding, but ours I felt had a modern twist with food people actually wanted to try and eat. Overall, I would recommend using Taste as your caterer if you want quality with modern food choices and a good flavors.

1 Review
Recently Married

Taste Catering was great to work with. Whenever we had questions, Nicole got back to us right away with answers and suggestions. The food was fantastic (we already knew that, but our friends and family are still commenting on how good it was), and everyone had a blast. Furthermore, during the actual reception, Tony and all the staff were beyond attentive and truly interested in making sure they did everything to ensure that my husband and I and our guests had the time of our lives.

Recently Married

Mallard Island is a dream of a wedding venue. When I first walked in to the yacht club my heart was racing; it was the most beautiful place I could ever imagine getting married in. The staff, food and grounds are all top notch. I never thought we could get married in a place that fit our personalities so well. Danielle and her entire staff said yes to every request we had. They were so accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. Not only were we completely satisfied but my guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue. Mallard made our dreams come true in every aspect possible. The only problem we had was our dream day ended too soon. Wish we could do it all over again!