Taste Catering

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

I have never been to a wedding with better food, and I'm not just saying that because it was ours. tee hee! Every single one of our guests RAVED and still rave about the food the night of our wedding. Everything went so smooth that my husband and I are still amazed.

There are a few things after the fact we had wished were a little different (for example, how someone wanted their steak cooked was never asked and during the cocktail hour, the raw bar was only refilled twice), but during the actual night we didn't notice these few things so it didn't really matter.

Overall, what an amazing venue, team and location to have. If you have this venue on your list of options, BOOK IT! They are so incredible to work with and did such an amazing job making our special day the best we could have ever imagined.

Services Used: Catering

We had our wedding at Mallard on August 14th and it was beyond perfect. Danielle and her team were so responsive throughout our entire planning process. They really helped us create a day that was unique to us. I was so relaxed the day of the wedding because I knew Danielle had taken care of everything. Our bridal attendant was also amazing and did a wonderful job of taking care of us and our extremely large and rowdy bridal party. From the service to the food, everything was amazing. We had so many compliments from our guests about everything! We could not have asked for a more perfect day :)

Services Used: Catering

Our wedding was Friday 8/7 at Mallard island Yacht Club. It was the most amazing event we could have imagined. Everything exceeded our expectations. For starters, Danielle and the entire Mallard staff was professional and beyond helpful. Danielle made the day run smoothly and left no detail unturned. Her knowledge of local vendors and recommendations were greatly appreciated and turned out to be excellent as we acted on many of them. Most importantly, Danielle was always available to provide assistance whenever needed. The staff seemed to be an extension of Danielle’s affability and responsiveness as they were helpful in every sense of the word. The food was prompt and the bar was always efficient. Every piece of food we tasted was amazing. The cocktail hour, salad, entrée, and desserts were all delicious. The feedback received by us and others about the food was of equally high praise. Equally importantly, the staff was super nice. The venue was more beautiful than we could have imagined. Seemingly every different faction of the people attending our wedding had an absolute blast. I would highly recommend Mallard Island Yacht Club and Taste catering to anyone! Thank-you for making our wedding day amazing.

Services Used: Catering

We held my daughter's wedding at the Mallard Island Yacht Club that was catered by Taste Catering & I can't thank Danielle & the entire staff for making it a memorable day. The service from Danielle beginning on the first day we met & she gave us a tour to the day after the wedding when we waved goodbye was incredible, she & her team are friendly, flexible, responsive, service oriented & define the word professional. Every one of our guests that we heard from raved about how beautiful the venue was and the food especially the cocktail hour. Seeing my daughter's & new son's face after the wedding just reinforced that we made the right decision having our wedding here.

Services Used: Catering

Our wedding was at Mallard Island Yacht Club on 7/31/15. Since then, we have received several emails, texts, and calls from friends and family who called it "the best wedding they have ever been to". Danielle and the staff were extremely responsive, attentive, and professional. During the planning process, I had so many questions, ideas, and concerns, and Danielle responded to each and every one promptly, and thoroughly...even on her days off! Her knowlegde of local and reliable vendors-from where to board our dog, to nannies for our flower girls and ring bearers - made our planning so much easier. Kelsey, our bridal attendant was extremely helpful and attentive. She did everything with a smile-no task was too big or too small. She even took the time to sew a ripped bridesmaid's dress before our walk down the aisle. So many of our guests raved about the food and the service-the mini ice cream cones were the biggest hit! Our wedding experience at Mallard was perfect. I only wish I could do it all again!

Services Used: Catering

The food and flexibility in menu options that taste catering had were great. Everyone was easy to deal with and the food was excellent. I'm so happy we went to the tasting event before the wedding because we were so swamped on the day of our wedding we didn't get to spend as much time at the cocktail hour as we wanted. I really hope we get invited to a wedding catered by Taste soon because we definitely want to sample the food again.

Kelli
07/03/2015

I can't even begin! The team was professional, amazing and worth every penny! Michelle and Marcie I literally was blown away with them! Everything I needed I got and they made our wedding day go incredibly smoothe! Danielle is awesome!!!!!!! Love everything! Book book book your wedding.
Love,
the Rooney's

Services Used: Catering

We used Taste Catering for our wedding at The Stateroom and the food was delicious! They were able to make a menu change for us to include some items that we really wanted at the cocktail hour. Our guests have not stopped raving about how great the food was! Guests have been especially complimentary of how great the steak was. A few of them said they're used to being served a bland "wedding steak" at wedding venues but the steak from our steak and lobster dinner was "outrageous."

Recently Married

Taste Catering was a pleasure to work with! The food was terrific. We have not heard any feedback that was not positive. Guests are still talking about the Filet!

The Taste Catering staff was professional and easy to work with. They adjusted to our needs and took our food allergies seriously.

Our wedding day food was perfect.

Services Used: Catering

Taste catering was perfect! The food was amazing and everyone has been talking about it since the wedding. My husband and I made a point of sitting down to eat at the reception and it was delicious! Unlike other venues the Salmon and steak was a large piece that was cooked just right! We food went above and beyond our expectations and we couldn't have been happier!
- Lucas & Jenny Niskanen

Services Used: Catering

Our wedding took place at Mallard Yacht Club on 6/12/15. From start to finish, the services provided by Taste Catering were exceptional. The food was served warm and was delicious. All of our guests have been raving about how much they enjoyed the passed hor d'oeuvres, cocktail hour stations and entrees. The service was impeccable. I would highly recommend Taste Catering to anyone looking for a professional catering service for a large event.

1 Review
Recently Married

We used Taste Catering and The Boathouse for our wedding reception. You will not find better! Food, staff, panning, attention to detail. Everything was wonderful. Very reasonably priced for the quality and service. Everyone in attendance was so impressed by the venue and is still talking about how wonderful the food was. Our photographer, Jordan Bush, can't wait to go back and photograph another event at The Boathouse. Anything you could need or wish for, they make it happen with ease. We planned our wedding from Florida and it could not have been simpler and more stress free before, during and after with this group! Can not recommend highly enough.!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

My husband and I had a perfect wedding at Mallard Island Yacht Club from the start of the planning process to day after my wedding. Danielle and the staff at Taste Catering was so responsive and easy to work with from start to finish. On the day of our wedding, Danielle, Melissa, Marcy, and Paula were so attentive and helpful. The actual day went so smoothly. All of our guests were raving about the food and service, especially during cocktail hour. Given the chance to do it all over again, I would absolutely choose Mallard a second time, and would request to work with the exact same staff.

Services Used: Catering

We had our wedding at the boathouse restaurant with taste catering! The whole event was surreal. Everyone was commenting on how delicious all the appetizers and the entrées were. All of our guests said that the food was the best wedding food they every had. They also commented on how much food there was. We switched one of the meals for tequila lime mahi mahi and it was cooked to perfection and was a huge piece of fish. The service was superb. The apps never stopped coming and the table food was on every table which I loved. We never had to go to the bar or reach for an appetizer because Kelly, our attendant, brought us drinks all night and when she asked if we had tried all the appetizers, which we hadn't, she brought us our own tray with all the appetizers on it so we could try all of them while we were walking around talking. The place was insanely beautiful and so open. Everything was really clean. My cousin who helped us set up told me the whole day of the wedding the staff went around and made sure the plates were spotless and that the staff were dipping the silverware and wiping them clean so the silverware was spotless for the event. Thanks also to Theresa who helped us the whole 4 months before. She was easy to talk to and so sweet. I originally asked for one day then realized my best friend's father was getting remarried that day. I called her back 3 days later and asked for another day and she, without complaint, checked on the date which was open and said "no problem". Everything was awesome. I am sad it is over, but if I planned another event I would do it here again!!!

Services Used: Catering

My son was married at Mallard Island Yacht Club and we used Taste Catering, as well as other vendors recommended by Danielle. The whole experience at Mallard was terrific, and our guests are still talking about what a great wedding this was, starting with a gorgeous venue. From the cocktail hour to dinner guests raved about the food, which was pure perfection. Taste Catering was very easy to work with and accommodated all the bride/groom changes, including a cheese fondue and special salad (Melting Pot recipe). I could not have asked for a more perfect day. A wedding at Mallard is hard to top!!!!

Recently Married

Excellent food, excellent service. Taste catering exceeded expectations. Very creative menu.