Taste Catering

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

I have never been to a wedding with better food, and I'm not just saying that because it was ours. tee hee! Every single one of our guests RAVED and still rave about the food the night of our wedding. Everything went so smooth that my husband and I are still amazed.

There are a few things after the fact we had wished were a little different (for example, how someone wanted their steak cooked was never asked and during the cocktail hour, the raw bar was only refilled twice), but during the actual night we didn't notice these few things so it didn't really matter.

Overall, what an amazing venue, team and location to have. If you have this venue on your list of options, BOOK IT! They are so incredible to work with and did such an amazing job making our special day the best we could have ever imagined.

Services Used: Catering

We used Taste Catering for our wedding at The Stateroom and the food was delicious! They were able to make a menu change for us to include some items that we really wanted at the cocktail hour. Our guests have not stopped raving about how great the food was! Guests have been especially complimentary of how great the steak was. A few of them said they're used to being served a bland "wedding steak" at wedding venues but the steak from our steak and lobster dinner was "outrageous."

Services Used: Catering

Taste Catering was a pleasure to work with! The food was terrific. We have not heard any feedback that was not positive. Guests are still talking about the Filet!

The Taste Catering staff was professional and easy to work with. They adjusted to our needs and took our food allergies seriously.

Our wedding day food was perfect.

Services Used: Catering

Taste catering was perfect! The food was amazing and everyone has been talking about it since the wedding. My husband and I made a point of sitting down to eat at the reception and it was delicious! Unlike other venues the Salmon and steak was a large piece that was cooked just right! We food went above and beyond our expectations and we couldn't have been happier!
- Lucas & Jenny Niskanen

Services Used: Catering

Our wedding took place at Mallard Yacht Club on 6/12/15. From start to finish, the services provided by Taste Catering were exceptional. The food was served warm and was delicious. All of our guests have been raving about how much they enjoyed the passed hor d'oeuvres, cocktail hour stations and entrees. The service was impeccable. I would highly recommend Taste Catering to anyone looking for a professional catering service for a large event.

Services Used: Catering

My husband and I had a perfect wedding at Mallard Island Yacht Club from the start of the planning process to day after my wedding. Danielle and the staff at Taste Catering was so responsive and easy to work with from start to finish. On the day of our wedding, Danielle, Melissa, Marcy, and Paula were so attentive and helpful. The actual day went so smoothly. All of our guests were raving about the food and service, especially during cocktail hour. Given the chance to do it all over again, I would absolutely choose Mallard a second time, and would request to work with the exact same staff.

Services Used: Catering

We had our wedding at the boathouse restaurant with taste catering! The whole event was surreal. Everyone was commenting on how delicious all the appetizers and the entrées were. All of our guests said that the food was the best wedding food they every had. They also commented on how much food there was. We switched one of the meals for tequila lime mahi mahi and it was cooked to perfection and was a huge piece of fish. The service was superb. The apps never stopped coming and the table food was on every table which I loved. We never had to go to the bar or reach for an appetizer because Kelly, our attendant, brought us drinks all night and when she asked if we had tried all the appetizers, which we hadn't, she brought us our own tray with all the appetizers on it so we could try all of them while we were walking around talking. The place was insanely beautiful and so open. Everything was really clean. My cousin who helped us set up told me the whole day of the wedding the staff went around and made sure the plates were spotless and that the staff were dipping the silverware and wiping them clean so the silverware was spotless for the event. Thanks also to Theresa who helped us the whole 4 months before. She was easy to talk to and so sweet. I originally asked for one day then realized my best friend's father was getting remarried that day. I called her back 3 days later and asked for another day and she, without complaint, checked on the date which was open and said "no problem". Everything was awesome. I am sad it is over, but if I planned another event I would do it here again!!!

Services Used: Catering

My son was married at Mallard Island Yacht Club and we used Taste Catering, as well as other vendors recommended by Danielle. The whole experience at Mallard was terrific, and our guests are still talking about what a great wedding this was, starting with a gorgeous venue. From the cocktail hour to dinner guests raved about the food, which was pure perfection. Taste Catering was very easy to work with and accommodated all the bride/groom changes, including a cheese fondue and special salad (Melting Pot recipe). I could not have asked for a more perfect day. A wedding at Mallard is hard to top!!!!

Recently Married

Excellent food, excellent service. Taste catering exceeded expectations. Very creative menu.

Services Used: Catering

My wedding was at the boathouse in beach haven it was such a magical day it was absolutely gorgeous when it was all put together such a beautiful location to have a reception. Theresa maxwell was so amazing to work with she is so accommodating and easy going she makes everything go smoothly which is a plus when your a bride. The staff was just as great very professional and polite. My guest raved about the food how delicious it was as well as there was so much of it. It was overall a perfect day and amazing experience and I'm glad taste catering was part of my special day they made it even that much better thank you so much

1 Review
Recently Married

Our wedding was absolutely wonderful. (Everything was perfect from the flowers from Narcissus, photography- Ann Coen, DJ-X-Plosive Entertainment and the hair and makeup-Just Braggin' hair salon). The Boathouse is a great classy yet laid back venue right on the bay. The atmosphere and especially the sunset is the best. Taste Catering provided great food and service. We especially loved the ginger glazed salmon. The wait staff went above and beyond our expectations. Theresa helped us with any questions that we had and made the planning process much less stressful. She was there the day before to help us with any questions about the set up and she checked up on us afterwards to hear about the wedding. I would highly recommend the Boathouse venue and Taste Catering services. :-)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Recently Married

WOW! Where to begin!? We had the most incredible experience working with Taste Catering (specifically Theresa) planning our Boathouse wedding. Absolutely everything from the team, to the service, to the food, to the atmosphere exceeded our expectations. We cannot sing the praises of this company enough. Our guests could not stop talking about the food and atmosphere the whole night.

This is such an incredible team and they are so easy to work with. Theresa is extremely responsive and helpful, and she is such a pleasure to work with. We were planning our LBI wedding from Houston, TX and it could not have been easier or a more stress-free experience.

We could not recommend Taste Catering and the Boathouse enough. Thank you so much for making our night absolutely perfect!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Theresa and the rest of the staff are absolutely amazing. They were so great to work with and truly cared about our day. The venue itself is beautiful (love the downstairs and upstairs different feel). We couldn't have picked a better place and people to share our wedding with!

Lauren and Zack <3

Recently Married

Delicious food and great service! They were able to make changes to the menu as I requested with no problems. Highly recommended!

Recently Married

Mallard Island Venue was breathtaking, gorgeous. There are not enough adjectives to describe the venue and the service received at our daughter's wedding. Danielle, the event planner at the Mallard, went above and beyond to make every detail happen. She covered every aspect and gave us great suggestions as we went through the months leading to the wedding. Every question was answered
promptly to put our minds at ease. Our guests could not believe how beautiful the grounds were at the Mallard inside and outside and many said they had never been to a venue like this. Taste Catering did an unbelievable presentation at the Cocktail Hour and the Dinner. The food was delicious and plentiful. Impeccable!! Our guests raved about the food. The professionalism and service received from the Bridal Attendant, Maitre D, Servers and Bartenders was excellent.
Danielle assured me the day of the wedding "Let me take care of it." She did!
We were able to relax and enjoy our guests because of Danielle's knowledge and expertise.
Our daughter said she had the wedding of her dreams at the Mallard Island Yacht Club and she did.

Wedding: 10/18/14

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake

We had our reception at The Boathouse and it helped make our wedding day perfect! We worked with Nicole for the year leading up to the wedding and she was so friendly, responsive and helpful. The tasting was a huge bonus of having a wedding through Taste Catering. It was held at the Stateroom and is set up like a mini wedding. We could bring 2 guests with us and for the first part you are served a wide variety of appetizer options they offer. Then after an hour of eating delicious food, you go upstairs to the dining room where you sample 4 entrees on your menu. We had 4 people in our group so we passed around each of the entrees to sample. The food was absolutely delicious, and we have high standards. We were worried that the food wouldn't be as great on the night of the wedding but it truly was. Guests repeatedly told us that the salmon was the best salmon they ever had. They set up all the decorations I had dropped off the day before and the room looked exactly how we wanted it. They continued to make sure we had enough food and drinks throughout cocktail hour and dinner and succeeded at making us feel special on our wedding day. We can't say enough good things about them, we would definitely recommend!