Target - Gift Registry

1.1/5.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  2.5

Private User 1 Reviews
Target has no customer service when it comes to their wedding registry. I ordered a crock pot to be sent to my grand niece in Utah for her wedding. Instead she received shoes from me and a Rice cooker that came annonymous (not from me) When I contacted Target they informed me that there was nothing that they could do. She was able to take the shoes back to the store. I will never send anything from one of their registries again. Target you have lost my business and I am telling everyone I know.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Target registry is absolutely terrible. They shipped the packages that a family member sent to us for our baby registry to the wrong address, then wouldn't change it even before it was shipped. Then the packages were returned by UPS and Target refused to ship again to correct address, they said the only option was to refund the purchaser's credit card and they would have to go back on-line and repurchase all 7 items again. The service that I received from the manager that I spoke with was horrible, he made me feel like I was in the wrong by even asking to change the shipping address so that it would come to my correct address and was incredibly rude. The whole experience was a reminder that Target is a large corporation with no regard for flexibility or customer service, and they certainly didn't value me as a customer or user of the registry. I would highly recommend going elsewhere for your wedding or baby registry. Dealing with Target's registry issues and inconveniences made the entire experience very stressful for me and took away from the fun of registering for and receiving gifts.
Wedding: 1+ year ago

1.4/5.0
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
It's a good thing I really enjoy Target for everyday kind of shopping, because I would not be patronizing them anymore if I based my experience solely on the wedding registry system.

For starters, we had random items get added to our registry online. The first thing was a blender so I thought we had just mistakenly added it, but then some baby items were added - which I KNOW we didn't accidentally put on ourselves. I posted about it on FB and was surprised to find that this has happened to numerous other people I know over a span of several years. I did also email Target customer service about it and never got a response. Fortunately I noticed the baby items and took them down before rumors starting flying around my family!

We got several duplicates of items, some of which still were never taken off the registry, and had to be manually removed by us online. I took one of the duplicates back after a bridal shower and the customer service person returned the item back to the purchaser's credit card instead of issuing a gift card - this despite my mentioning 3 or 4 times that it was a duplicate wedding gift I received (for some reason I could tell he just wasn't quite getting what I was requesting). The manager had to get called over, who also couldn't figure out how to fix it. Eventually another employee figured out how to fix it, but I still had to explain to my friend why she was going to see the weird Target transactions on her statement.

Finally, I just went to buy the last of the online items from the registry using the 10% card they mailed, only to have their site say the promo code was invalid. Had to make two calls to customer service to get it working.

Love Target, but despite the convenience I'm not sure the registry is worth it. I certainly had a bad experience and have heard the same from many other people.
Wedding: 09/08/2012
1.4/5.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
I never thought I would say this, because I have always loved target. I would NOT recommend registering with them.
In the beginning, it wasn't a bad experience. Our guests did have a hard time getting items checked off the registry, however, and we received several multiples. Then, we needed to return one item a guest had given us. They refunded back onto HIS credit card!! How awfully embarassing. So he knew that we had returned his gift. ugh.
Then, after the wedding was when this became an awful experience. Read before you register. I have seen others with a similar experience.
After your wedding, you receive a 10% off coupon.. basically for getting your friends and family to spend lots of money at target. We tried to use our coupon online and the coupon code was invalid. I spent nearly an hour on the phone with target customer service to find out why. Every individual I spoke with was very hard to understand. Then, the conclusion was made that they simply did not know why my coupon was working... and I was told the only way to use it was to make the purchase at full price, and then call back in 45 minutes to have my order refunded. Well make a long story short, I called back in 45 minutes and the new person I spoke to said I needed to wait longer. Called back 2 hours later, and I was told there was a global computer crash so they couldn't process my refund. Now hey, I understand computer crashes. But it is now 22 days later and I am still waiting for that refund to show up on my target card... and in the mean time, I have spent a cumulative total of around 8 hours on the phone with customer service.
Just something for brides to keep in mind.. I understand that glitches happen, but when they do, customer service should be apologetic and quickly resolve the issue. Target's customer service workers are very hard to understand, and they do not stray from their script, so it is nearly impossible to get questions answered. Very frustrating experience.
Wedding: 06/15/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
They are they best to register with.
Wedding: 03/07/2012
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
DO NOT REGISTER AT TARGET! They are horrible. Their new website is slow and clunky. Most people who tried to use the site found it was either down or extremely slow. It doesn't work on anything except the newest web browsers. Most target stores failed to remove items from the registry after they were purchased, and when we had to return all the duplicate items (there were only 9 items removed from the registry), they said we couldn't return anything else for a year because we had maxxed out our "receiptless" returns. What a crock, they failed to do their part and now we get penalized for it. Do yourself a favor - register elsewhere.
Wedding: 12/17/2011
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
By far one of the best and easiest places to register! My family and friends really appreciated the way things were set up in the store and online making it for an easy shopping trip on them. The only problem I had with this registry was the coupon we received to finalize our registry, basically whatever was left and we still needed we could purchase and use the 10% off everything coupon for. Ended up at the check out that it only took 10% off ONE ITEM, when it said remaining items on registry. I have yet to receive an accurate explanation or compensation.
Wedding: 07/23/2011
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We used Target as one of our gift registries. They are easy for people to locate and they have a lot of products.
Wedding: 05/16/2009
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We registered at three different places and this was absolutely the best!

The process was simple. The gun worked. People were easily able to access the registry online or in the store.

I'm not sure why we took any time registering at the other places!!! (Lowe's - no stores allow you to access a registry there, it is only found online; and Sears - the registry process was completely miserable!)
Wedding: 03/14/2009
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I made my own favors and invitations and saved a lot of money but they looked professional and perfect
Wedding: 06/21/2008
Services Used: Invitations
2.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
The gift registry sucked, it was really hard to set it up online and then go to the store to finish it. We were on hold with a 1-800 number in the store fot 15 minutes. The invitations we bought here on the other hand were pretty, though the software online were hard to use.
Wedding: 05/24/2008
Services Used: Invitations
4.2/5.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
I really liked how they had everything organized into certain groups on the printouts.
Wedding: 04/19/2008
Services Used: Wedding Planning
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I had heard some negative feedback about Target's bridal registry so I was a little nervous to register there, but we had a great experience! I would recommend registering there. You simply can't beat their selection for household items and the online registry is easy to use for you and for your guests. We never had any problems. The one piece of advice I can give you is to save your receipts for all gifts and keep them organized. If you need to return any gifts without a receipt they do have a limit on how many gifts you can return, but if you save your receipts you won't have a problem.
Wedding: 01/05/2008
2.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  1.5
I love Target because it has everything you need for your gift registry, however, they make it very very difficult to return anything without a gift receipt. Other stores will allow you to return anything without a gift receipt as long as it's on your registry
Wedding: 05/19/2007
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Easy service
Wedding: 11/27/2004
 402-970-1000
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire