Sweets by E

Sweets by E

...because everyone deserves a little something sweet!

Herndon, VA 20170 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake Evan made for our wedding was the best. cake. ever. Not just in comparison to other weddings cakes, but in comparison to every other cake I've ever had. We decided to go with two different flavors in alternating layers - dark chocolate with coffee cream and pumpkin with cream cheese - and both were absolutely delicious. Not only was the cake moist and flavorful, but it was also wonderfully decorated thanks to Evan's abilities to work her magic with just buttercream (I was absolutely against having fondant). So many of our guests came up to us after the wedding (and even 2-3 weeks after the wedding) and told us that it was one of the most memorable and delicious wedding cakes they've ever had.

In terms of the process, Evan was so helpful from the beginning. We scheduled a (free) tasting at her bakery in Virginia (which was super adorable) and she offered us several different cakes and frostings to choose from. Evan did something different from the other cake tastings we went to in that she actually paired the cakes with the frostings so that you get an idea of how complementary the flavors can be. At our other cake tastings, we were presented with the cakes and frostings separately and left to play with the pairings on our own. That sounded like a great idea in theory, but it actually just ended up being really confusing for us. As for the design of the cake, I sent Evan some pictures on Pinterest and she was really responsive over email in terms of finalizing the look with me. She was always receptive to my ideas and flexible about what could/could not be done.

Overall, Evan was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to all of my friends!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful experience working with Evan. I showed her what kind of cake I had in mind and she brought it life! Our wedding cake not only looked incredible, but it was absolutely delicious! Our guests are still complimenting how we had "the best wedding cake they've ever tasted!". (We chose the Tiramisu and the Pumpkin flavors- SOOOO GOOD!)The entire staff was very friendly and professional. We will definitely be returning customers.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Let me just start off by saying I didn't want a wedding cake. I've always been the girl who prefers a fruit tart or ice cream cake, so the thought of spending money on a giant cake wasn't a priority for me while planning the wedding. With a little "encouragement" from my mom ("who doesn't have a wedding cake?!") I caved... And man am I glad I did!!!

We stopped by the shoppe to try some flavors and the girl who didn't want a cake found herself in love with so many flavors it was hard to pick! Our cake became something I looked forward to for the entire planning process!

Fast forward to the big day and the cake was a hit! Just as beautiful as it was delicious.

Evan was such a joy to work with- so responsive, personable and accomodating. I would 100% recommend her to anyone looking to be amazed. She won't let you down. In fact, we used her for my shower before the weddig bc we were so excited about the cake. Can't wait to use her again!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Camille
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot gush on long enough to say how AMAZING our cake was! Not only did it serve its purpose of being a beautiful cake to look at, but it also tasted GREAT! I've never been to a wedding where I thought the cake was exceptionally tasty-but I was so happy to experience that my own wedding cake was DELICIOUS. Our guests kept telling us how amazed they were by how good this cake was-they even asked to take some leftovers home at the end of the night! Erin was amazingly professional and one of my favorite things about her services is that she bakes you a whole new "top tier" so that you canhave a fresh one on your first anniversary! I highly recommend Sweet by E for all of your cake needs!!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I begin when talking about Sweets By E... Absolutely PHENOMENAL!!! WOW! I wish all wedding vendors were as kind, warm, enthusiastic, and flexible as Evan. The quality absolutely exceeded our expectations. During the receptions and the weeks after, everyone was commenting on our wedding cake. Really, Evan is such a wonderful talent that we are so thankful to have in our wedding experience. Her baking is so good, that our friends getting married after us are using her as well. We will be coming back to Evan when we need something sweet to eat for the holidays, birthdays, etc. Thank you so much, Evan!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Evan made the most amazing two tier Splash Mountain groomsman cake for our wedding! I sent her an inspirational picture and she made it happen! Out of the bridal shower cake, wedding cake and the groomsman cake this one was our favorite. The cake was so moist and tasted delicious! I highly recommend Sweets by E for any of your cake needs!

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We ordered cupcakes and a cutting cake from Sweets by E and they were PHENOMENAL!!! Evan was so helpful throughout the whole process - from cake tasting all the way up through the big day, she made everything so easy. She was even flexible enough to accommodate an increase in our cupcake order a week before the wedding since we had more guests than anticipated. It's a good thing too, because the cupcakes were cleaned out by the end of the night! The set-up was exactly what I had envisioned. All I had to do was leave out some cake platters and Evan did the rest! Everything tasted amazing; guests were raving about the cupcakes all night and my husband and I took the cutting cake on our mini-moon to enjoy a slice every night :-) As if that weren't enough, she even sent us a coupon for a complimentary 6" wedding cake tier on our one-year anniversary! We definitely recommend Sweets by E for your event, especially one as momentous as a wedding.

Shannon
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Evan's cakes are both gorgeous and delicious! Evan is also very helpful and easy to work with. I wasn't really sure exactly what I wanted, but Evan helped me find something that was beautiful and worked with our overall wedding "feel." We had a 4 tier cake with cinnamon brown sugar on 2 tiers and red velvet for the other 2 and they were both fabulous!! Her prices are also very reasonable. She was very flexible with us -- we were planning our wedding from out of town and she let us come in and do our tasting right around the holidays. I would definitely recommend her!!

Sara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Evan was great to work with! Since I lived in NY while planning my wedding in VA, we only had one in-person meeting but she made me feel so comfortable. We emailed a few times back and forth - I even had a request to make my top layer gluten free and she was SO accommodating. Everyone LOVED the cake. I only had the GF part and it was amazing. All my guests raved about the cake. A close friend of mine who doesn't even like cake said she actually ate a whole slice so...I feel like that says a lot :) I would definitely recommend her - the cake was gorgeous and delicious and very, VERY reasonably priced!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter had a very specific request for her wedding cake. She wanted a "naked cake", which is a tiered cake with only frosting in the layers. Evan made the cake so beautiful. It was delicious and got rave reviews from everyone. It was beautifully displayed and exactly what my daughter dreamed of. She also offers an anniversary cake that she will make each year instead of freezing a layer which is wonderful! The price was very affordable and delivery was right on time.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Ginger
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have so many praises for Evan! She made me five cakes, featuring six different flavors, and they were beautiful and the ones I got to try tasted SO good (sadly, two flavors were gobbled up by guests before I got to them). She decorated them just as we had discussed and found the perfect shade of ribbon to use as an accent. I was impressed by the wide range of flavors that Evan offers, because it was important to me to offer a lot of variety to my guests. She also was completely cool with adding an additional cake to my order a few weeks before the wedding. I don't think I can wait until my first anniversary to eat another cake from here!!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Evan was great!! Super professional, excellent quality, she even matched our cake to the lace detailing on my wedding dress! Would absolutely recommend her services to other brides!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sweets by E did an amazing job with our cake and cupcakes. I was initially on the fence about even having a wedding cake and Evan was was extremely accommodating with our requests and we had no problem scheduling a tasting and confirming our order and delivery. I usually hate the taste of wedding cake, but hers are fantastic! I'm already craving some more of the red velvet. Thanks for an excellent addition to our wedding day!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Sweets By E did an amazing job with the cupcakes for my wedding. All the cupcakes tasted amazing to the point I should have ordered more because people could not stop eating them. Every one of my guests said they were the best cupcakes they had at a wedding!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Evan was friendly and helpful. I had a rough idea of what I wanted for my wedding cake and she helped me make the final decision. We got a three tiered cake, with the raspberry chocolate ganache and the vanilla almond. Maybe I'm biased, but this was the best wedding cake I have ever had! It was moist and full of flavor. All of our guests commented on how delicious it was. Plus it just looked pretty. Evan's prices were reasonable. I will certainly be referring my friends and family to "Sweets by E" in the future.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Stacy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Evan is not only a good friend from JMU but also an incredible baker! She baked our 4 tier, nautical themed wedding cake and it exceeded our expectations. Not only did the wedding cake look beautiful but it tasted heavenly! We received so many compliments from our wedding guests, I wish we could do it all over again! Sweets by E is highly recommended if you would like a delicious and elegant wedding cake.

571-206-1644
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards