Sweets by E

Value
Flexibility
Abby Abate
Recently Married

Evan did an amazing job on our wedding cake and she was fantastic to work with. The cake was very good and I received many complements on it (vanilla cake with raspberry cream filling). She worked with my florist to incorporate a beautiful waterfall effect with flowers. Evan was also able to make a small gluten free cake for me (the bride) that matched the larger cake. I was very happy about this. Everything was delivered on time and exactly as discussed. I definitely recommend Sweets by E for your wedding cake!

FRAN
06/06/2015

EVERYTHING PERFECT!!! EASY TO WORK WITH,....VERY PROFESSIONAL SERVICE, MOST ACCOMMODATING AND PLEASANT. BEST PART...CAKES WERE BEAUTIFUL AND ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS...EVERYONE COMMENTED ON HOW WONDERFUL THEY WERE AND HARDLY A CRUMB LEFT OVER!!! 5 STARS ALL THE WAY!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our 5 cakes were stunning and tasted delicious. E definitiely understood the vision i had and helped me make it a reality. There was NO cake left as people went back for seconds and thirds and even was able to accommodate a last minute request for 100 macarons! She's the best!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Absolutely perfect! Evan is fantastic and easy to work with. My MOH is using her for her wedding in October because she was so amazing! HIGHLY recommend!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I had such an incredible experience working with Evan for my wedding. She was very responsive, flexible, and (most importantly) the cake was delicious! We decided to go with a cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding, that way we could offer several different types of cupcakes to our guests. We only heard great reviews from our friends and family - I only wish I had the time that night to try them all!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I would highly recommend Sweets by E. My co-worker referred me to Evan after her recent wedding and I was so happy with the quality of her wedding cupcakes that I thought I would give her a try. I scheduled my tasting and booked that same day! Evan was very accommodating and delivered the cake of my dreams. Literally! I brought a picture I found on pinterest and asked for something "similar"... the day of my wedding I was in shock! She had matched the cake exactly and it tasted AMAZING! I plan on purchasing more cakes from Sweets by E in the near future. Thank you for making my big day that much more special and for me not having to stress about the details.

Recently Married

We absolutely loved our cake and cupcakes from Sweets By E! Our guests complimented the cupcakes all night. Not only were they delicious, but they looked beautiful as well! Evan was wonderful to work with and was very accommodating to meet our needs. She offered us several options to choose from in order to cut costs, which we really appreciated. We would recommend Sweets By E to anyone looking for a delicious wedding cake that isn't crazy expensive!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Sweets by E did a wonderful job with our cake for wedding! We had wanted to do something non-traditional and out of the box, and E was more than willing to work with us to get what we wanted. She had multiple ideas that would work with our thoughts, and continued to make suggestions until we finally decided on our dream cake for a very reasonable price. I would absolutely recommend her in the future!

Daniel
1 Review
02/21/2015

We couldn't have been any more pleased with our wedding cake. It was beautiful. Our guests felt the same way. Not only did it look fantastic it tasted better! We would definitely recommend Sweets by E to any couple looking for a wedding cake. The selection process was actually fairly easy. We went through a catalog of pictures from previous cakes and were able to select our choice. The price was very fair and the wedding cake was 5 stars!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I don't even know where to begin in explaining Evan's talent in cake decorating. I ordered both my groom's cake and wedding cake from Sweets by E, and both of them were beautiful and delicious. Evan's decorations were AMAZING, and absolutely beautiful. Additionally, Evan was extremely responsive to all emails. She made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend Sweets by E!

1 Review
Recently Married

Evan was very easy to work with and made sure she understood very well what my husband and I wanted for our wedding cake. She delivered a beautiful "naked" cake for us and gluten free cupcakes - everything looked and tasted superb! I would definitely go to Sweets by E again for a future event or just to stop in for a sweet treat! Thanks, Evan!

Recently Married

The cake Evan made for our wedding was the best. cake. ever. Not just in comparison to other weddings cakes, but in comparison to every other cake I've ever had. We decided to go with two different flavors in alternating layers - dark chocolate with coffee cream and pumpkin with cream cheese - and both were absolutely delicious. Not only was the cake moist and flavorful, but it was also wonderfully decorated thanks to Evan's abilities to work her magic with just buttercream (I was absolutely against having fondant). So many of our guests came up to us after the wedding (and even 2-3 weeks after the wedding) and told us that it was one of the most memorable and delicious wedding cakes they've ever had.

In terms of the process, Evan was so helpful from the beginning. We scheduled a (free) tasting at her bakery in Virginia (which was super adorable) and she offered us several different cakes and frostings to choose from. Evan did something different from the other cake tastings we went to in that she actually paired the cakes with the frostings so that you get an idea of how complementary the flavors can be. At our other cake tastings, we were presented with the cakes and frostings separately and left to play with the pairings on our own. That sounded like a great idea in theory, but it actually just ended up being really confusing for us. As for the design of the cake, I sent Evan some pictures on Pinterest and she was really responsive over email in terms of finalizing the look with me. She was always receptive to my ideas and flexible about what could/could not be done.

Overall, Evan was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to all of my friends!

peaonyourplate
Recently Married

Months after our wedding, our guests still talk about how delicious Evan's cake was. She did a beautiful job creating the cake my husband wanted, and was flexible about combining different flavors for each layer. The decorations were simple without being plain, which was perfect. I've gone back to her bakery in Herndon since the wedding -- anytime there's a need at the office for a cake, she's the first baker I suggest.

Recently Married

We had a wonderful experience working with Evan. I showed her what kind of cake I had in mind and she brought it life! Our wedding cake not only looked incredible, but it was absolutely delicious! Our guests are still complimenting how we had "the best wedding cake they've ever tasted!". (We chose the Tiramisu and the Pumpkin flavors- SOOOO GOOD!)The entire staff was very friendly and professional. We will definitely be returning customers.

Camille
10/25/2014

Let me just start off by saying I didn't want a wedding cake. I've always been the girl who prefers a fruit tart or ice cream cake, so the thought of spending money on a giant cake wasn't a priority for me while planning the wedding. With a little "encouragement" from my mom ("who doesn't have a wedding cake?!") I caved... And man am I glad I did!!!

We stopped by the shoppe to try some flavors and the girl who didn't want a cake found herself in love with so many flavors it was hard to pick! Our cake became something I looked forward to for the entire planning process!

Fast forward to the big day and the cake was a hit! Just as beautiful as it was delicious.

Evan was such a joy to work with- so responsive, personable and accomodating. I would 100% recommend her to anyone looking to be amazed. She won't let you down. In fact, we used her for my shower before the weddig bc we were so excited about the cake. Can't wait to use her again!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I cannot gush on long enough to say how AMAZING our cake was! Not only did it serve its purpose of being a beautiful cake to look at, but it also tasted GREAT! I've never been to a wedding where I thought the cake was exceptionally tasty-but I was so happy to experience that my own wedding cake was DELICIOUS. Our guests kept telling us how amazed they were by how good this cake was-they even asked to take some leftovers home at the end of the night! Erin was amazingly professional and one of my favorite things about her services is that she bakes you a whole new "top tier" so that you canhave a fresh one on your first anniversary! I highly recommend Sweet by E for all of your cake needs!!