SWEET PIECE DESSERT
helping make your sweet dreams come true....
18944 E 9 Mile Rd

• Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Ordered a groupon for this place. Called them 2 weeks in advanced and asked for my order to be delivered within a 2 day date range. I made the lady repeat the order to me to confirm. Needless to say, the order never showed. I called them the day it should have been there. It took 5 tries before I finally got a hold of a person. She said she would check my order and call me back. I specifically asked how long it would take to call me back and she said within the hour. Well guess what.... No call back. I called at least 10 times that day and NEVER spoke to an individual. 5 voicemails later, I called groupon and requested my money back.
Don't waste your time with this company. What a bunch of frauds.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
0.1/5.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.0
YOU give Detroit a bad name Sweet Piece!

I bought a coupon from SaverTime not having any idea this business was in Detroit. I placed my order for a dozen cake pops about 3 weeks ahead of time for a work meeting / birthday celebration. When I called to place the order I was pretty sure that I woke her up (didn't seem like a big deal at the time but now that I know she was 3 hours ahead of me - I get the feeling this business is being run from a garage or basement). Anyway, I was intrigued by the claim that they could decorate a cake pop to look like a person so I emailed 4 pics and requested a receipt for the shipping charge she put on my office credit card when I placed the order.

About a week and a half later I decide to call her and ask for the receipt and confirm that she received my pictures and also confirm delivery date. All was good and she told me she would email the receipt. Day of delivery - still no receipt and I'm getting a bad feeling about this company. I call her and the number is disconnected. I do a web search and find bad reviews on Weddingwire.com and one of the reviews states that their delivery never showed up and the company claimed to have no record of her order. Another claimed that her cake pops were shipped in a shirt box (loose) and not a bouquet and all the toppings were at the bottom of the box (wow!). I guess I should have researched a little before buying this coupon. And Savertime should be a little more careful in the caliber of clients they choose to represent because this makes them look really bad too!

Anyway, I send an email to the company and also to Savertime. I notice a different phone number on the website so I call and leave a message. NO REPLY TO ANYTHING. Seriously? What kind of business is this?!? I'm deeply disturbed that they have my office credit card number and I will contact the credit card company today and get the shipping charges reversed and demand a refund from savertime. Even if by some miracle they managed to get it together - no way am I going to feed my people cake pops that had to be shipped 3000 miles from some fraud of a business in Detroit. Lucky for me I also ordered Shari's Berries and they were delivered on time and as ordered so at least we have a b-day treat.
Wedding: 05/22/2012
Services Used: Favors & Gifts

Private User 1 Reviews
Do not order from here. I do not even think this is a real business.

I ordered a bouquet of cake pops from Sweet Piece to be delivered to my mom for Mother's Day. I had seen a Groupon for Sweet Piece, and although I did not end up ordering using the Groupon, I liked that Sweet Piece would deliver, as I wanted my mom to have something on Mother's Day since I wouldn't be seeing her until afterwards.

Anyway...the cake pops never arrived. My credit card has been charged and I cannot get a hold of anyone. When I first contacted them after the cake pops didn't arrive, I emailed through the website and was told there had been a fire and they would be refunding all orders. I have never received anything about a refund, and as mentioned, no one answers my calls or emails.

After reading the other reviews, I see that someone else had been told there was a fire, but over a month earlier?! Very shady. Does anyone know how to report this? I want my money back!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
1.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
I bought a cake pop bouquet for my sister for Mother's Day and was very upset at what they sent her. She got a box that was like a shirt box and they were just thrown loose in the box. Since they were loose, all the sprinkles on them came off and were lying in the box. The special I ordered stated you could have a picture put on 4 of the pops, but in lieu of that I asked them to forget the picture and just write "Happy Moms Day" on the cake pops. I wish I could post a picture of what they advertise these thing look like and what showed up at my sister's door.

When they called me back to confirm my order, they called from a private number and so I didn't answer the phone at first because I thought it was a solicitor. They were courteous when I spoke with them.

I am so glad what I got was on special as a Groupon and not the regular advertised price or I'd be extremely angry demanding a refund. I don't know if that's why we got such a shabby looking product, or if that's just how they operate, but I would never buy from there again.
Wedding: 05/15/2012
Services Used: Favors & Gifts
  • Flexibility:  0.0
My order never arrived. When I emailed about it, I got a response saying that they had a fire and had to refund all orders. I searched for a record of a fire. None. I was suspicious, so I held off on sending my address. I got another email saying they had building problems and had to refund orders. This place feels very shady. I'm not sure if they just got overwhelmed with a response from the Groupon offer or if they were using it to fish for emails and information. Either way, I'm not impressed.
Wedding: 04/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I order 2 dozen cake pops from Sweet Piece Desserts for a party I was having and they were never delivered. I called to see what the issue was and the claimed they did not see my order any where. I would not recommend this place. They might loose you order
Wedding: 04/07/2012
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0

LATICE 1 Reviews
Sweet Piece Desserts ROCKS.....
They made me feel so great , like I was the most important person, the experience was great and the cake was beautiful and tasted awsome.

Thanks Sweet Piece
Wedding: 02/08/2012
 313-444-5431
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire