Swank Cake Design

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
OMG, I can't say enough good things about Swank Cake Design and the cake they made for our wedding. We met with them over a year ago and changed the design a bit a few months before the wedding. They were very flexibly and actually excited about making our cake. Wayne and Chuck are so easy to work with and their product is so professional looking and stunning; truly a work of art. It looked even better than what we had dreamed off and was so moist and flavorful; everybody just absolutely loved it. Whenever we need of a cake for any special occasion we know exactly where to go now! Swank Cake Design just rocks!!!
Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
These cake designers have been featured on one of those TLC cake competitions, so I expected them to be pricey, but the value was unbelievable! Our cake was moist and tasted amazing (we just finished the leftovers - 3 days later) and it was absolutely GORGEOUS! They do top notch work. They do not bake year round so check with the availability calendar on their website. They even provided us with a separate "top layer" to freeze and eat next year. Can't wait!
Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Swank was wonderful to work with. Chuck was very prompt at answering emails, and Wayne is phenomenal with cakes. I had them make a mounted bass fish for the rehearsal dinner and several of our guests thought we had just brought in one of my husband's mounted fishes for decoration. It was amazing. My wedding cake was a castle to go with my Royal Fantasy theme. It was gorgeous! The cake was the talk of the wedding. Many of my guests said it was breathtaking. I also had Wayne change my cake topper princess from brunette to blonde to look more like me. Both cakes completely exceeded my expectations.
Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
AMAZING!!!! I can't say enough about Chuck and Wayne. They are so very talented. Our Groom's cake was a replica of my husband's police badge and it was unreal how much it looked like a giant badge. Our wedding cake was GORGEOUS!!Everyone was taken aback at how beautiful it was and how moist and delicious it was. Thank you Chuck and Wayne, for helping make our day perfect!!
Wedding: 04/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Swank did our cake for the reception and the grooms cake for the rehersal dinner. They did such an amazing job. Both of the cakes were very personilized. The groom's cake was Adam's camera with several pictures he had taken around it. I gave them very little information and they came up with such a beautiful piece of art.

Our wedding cake was even more amazing! It was a suitcase with a cake coming out of it. The cake had yellow roses and dogwoods all over it and then our road trip buddies Andy the Monkey and Blue the Green Bear were on the suitcase (it wouldn't be a trip without them). The most amazing thing was the price. We were very surprised how well both these sculted cakes fit into our budget. We would recommend Swank over and over again!
Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Get a Swank Cake!! The guys are awesome to work with - they really help you pull your ideas together. Our cake was amazing - both to look at and to eat! Very often the cake looks good but isn't very tasty. Not so with Swank Cake. I still have people asking me where we got our cool wedding cake and how good it was.
Wedding: 10/08/2011

Private User 6 Reviews
Chuck and Wayne at Swank Cake Design are absolutely the BEST ever!!!! Their attentiion to detail and their craftsmenship is like no other. They took my vision and made it a reality. Not only was my wedding cake beautiful, it was very moist and delicious. EVERYONE loved the cake! There was not a single complaint. It is now 5 days after my wedding and people are still calling and asking if there is any cake left. I had a four layer cake. One layer was pineapple, one was red velvet, one was yellow, and the top layer was chocolate. This was the best cake ever. My cake was so good that I wish I could just order another one.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Swank Cake was so wonderful! They created the most gorgeous creation for us at a very reasonable price. They were so flexible and actually sat and sketched out a cake that matched our wedding colors and flowers. The cake tasted amazing, was the perfect texture and flavor, and the guests raved about it. The creators were kind enough to combine different flavors of cake (Vanilla and chocolate) and icing combinations. We trusted them completely and it was well worth it! I HIGHLY recommend using them for any bride-to-be's. All our guests (207 of them!) said it was one of the best cakes they've ever had.
Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I first found Swank Cake Design at a bridal show in January 2009. A year and a half later, when we started planning our wedding, I was sifting through vendor cards, and theirs was the only one I could remember. Their cake was that good. Swank Cake Design was wonderful to us. They provided us with a beautiful and delicious cake! Their team was quick to respond to calls and emails and everything was delivered on time, exactly as we expected. Our consultation was wonderful, they helped us flip through images of cakes while we discussed what we were looking for. After drawing out our design, they sent us on our way with a box full of every cake, filling and covering they make, to help us pick out our layers. It was wonderful. Their cakes are so light and fluffy, without crumbling apart; and sweet enough to be cake, without being overly sweet or rich. I would recommend them to anyone. The nicest guys, very professional and they make the best cakes.
Wedding: 09/03/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Breath taking and Delicious. Never seen a more beautiful cake. Didn't even look real. People are still talking about it. The first comment was anything that pretty can't be good. Wrong! The best cake I have ever put in my mouth. We had 6 different kinds in it and everyone was as good as the next.
Will diffently be calling again.
Wedding: 06/25/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Not many people can say that their wedding cake was both beautiful and delicious. I, along with anyone else that chose Swank to make their cake can honestly say that about their cake. My cake was the most amazing cake I have ever seen and most of the guests at my wedding said the same. Each tier had a different cake and filling combination, and they were all equally delicious. I could not believe how reasonably priced Swank's cakes are for the quality of service they provide. Swank is by far the best cake designer in the triangle area!
Wedding: 06/25/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Swank Cake Design was such a pleasure to work with! From the initial consultation to the actual day of the wedding, everything was perfect! They designed our four-tier wedding cake beautifully. And the taste can not be beat! We had several guests comment on how they ended up trying each of our four different flavors because one piece was just not enough! We would HIGHLY recommend Swank Cake Design to anyone looking for a wedding cake baker.
Wedding: 05/28/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There is NO surprise that Swank Cake Design is the #1 cake company in the triangle area, they were superb! With no idea of how expensive a wedding cake is when I set up an appointment with them a few months prior to my wedding, they actually have a reasonable price for superior quality cake! They made both my groom's cake and my wedding cake, both extremely delicious! I had a relatively simple wedding cake but my grooms cake was magnificent! It was made to order and simply blew everyone's mind away at how authentic it looked! To give you an idea, we had our rehearsal at an art gallery, and everyone thought the grooms cake was a piece of art and NOT a cake, now that is AWESOME! :) When you set up an appointment, instead of forcing you to scarf down the cake in front of them, they actually give you samples of all their cake, frosting, fillings so you can try it at home and write notes down. This made everything simple, you don't feel like you have to say anything nice, and easier to remember which flavors you actually liked and didn't like...AND you could pick and chose what you wanted and try it out. Don't make a mistake of picking another place to make your cake, SWANK is best!
Wedding: 05/28/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have only positive things to say about Swank Cake Design. We met them at a Bridal show and made a consultation appointment after determining that they had the best tasting cake there. At the consultation, I showed them our invitations and described in a few words what I was looking for. In a few minutes they had sketched my dream wedding cake to coordinate with the floral motif on our invitations. For the tasting portion, then send you home with a box that has all the different flavors or cake, fillings and frostings so that you can make your own flavor combination to try. It was all delicious (I even caught my room mate the next day eating frosting and chocolate ganache straight out of the containers in front of the fridge). We picked our flavors and signed the contract. They were very prompt with communication and always friendly. I also think that their prices are phenomenal for the product you receive. On the day of the wedding when I walked into the reception room for the first time and saw the cake I was floored. It was perfect. It turned out beautifully. All of the guests commented on what a beautiful cake it was. Then, after the cake cutting everyone raved over how amazing it tasted. Honestly, I got as many compliments about the cake as I did my dress! I would recommend Swank Cake Design to anybody. I have zero complaints and I don't think they could have done a better job.
Wedding: 05/27/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The cake was PERFECT! The cake looked exactly like the sketch they drew out on a piece of paper to show us what the cake would like when we first met with them. It was absolutely beautiful!! It was a picture perfect cake. I couldn't stop staring at it. It was also delicious!! The cake we wanted was pretty much all lemon and it was wonderful! Even a guest of ours, who is not fond of lemon cake, ate the cake because she enjoyed it so much. We received a lot of compliments from our guests as to how pretty the cake was and how delicious it was. I am very pleased with Swank Cake Design and I would highly recommend them.
Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
PERFECT! For the consultation we were able to sit down and design our cake - which we had no clue what we wanted so they helped us come up with ideas and pull it all together - we walked away with a picture of what our cake would look like. For the cake tasting they provide a box with all of their cake flavors and icings so you can go home and put different kinds together and discuss on your own - way less awkward than just sitting there in front of people trying to decide quickly. All of the cake was delicious, delivered promptly and beautiful. They were always very easy to contact and flexible if we needed to make changes.
Wedding: 04/16/2011
 919-380-4090
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire