Superstition Manor

Superstition Manor

Favorite
Mesa, AZ
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

3.9
Flexibility
3.9
1 Review
Recently Married

Superstition Manor was perfect. The food was great, the grounds and building were beautiful and we received TONS of compliments on our choice of venue and how nice it all looked. They plan it all and take care of you. We did relatively little to get it ready and it was just what we needed. It's totally worth the drive as there is a perfect view of the Superstition Mountains and it makes a great backdrop for pictures or for the ceremony.

Lauren
05/01/2015
4.2

This venue was great because they did almost EVERYTHING. And when it came to the day of the wedding there was nothing to worry about and the wedding turned out beautiful just like I envisioned. Communication prior to the wedding was a little difficult, but the venue had everything uncontrol and set to go when it needed to be. Beautiful venue with a very nice family that runs the place.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Lisa was amazing! very responsive and made our wedding day absolutley amazing! She took so much stress off of the planning, would recommend to anyone planning a wedding in AZ! Great packages and no hidden fees!

3.8

Aside from a few instances where we noticed a lack of communication and confusion our wedding day went really well. The weather didn't cooperate on our day and they really scrambled at the last minute to make sure that it was still perfect for us. It is a beautiful venue and I would recommend it but just make sure to stay on top of them and get everything in writing.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved this location! We used the grand ballroom and north ceremony yard. The bridal suite is beautiful and every single guest mentioned how gorgeous the place was!

My only recommendation is DO NOT use Royal Escape Productions.. They recommend them due to it is the owner's son-in-law but PLEASE DO NOT take their recommendation on this company. It was the only bad part of our entire wedding.

Recently Married

They took care of everything for me! It was wonderful. The only problem I have is miscommunications between staff, they weren't all on the same page with my wedding and it was a bit stressful, but what the day came it all worked out perfectly

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful place. Cannot wait to be married there.

0.0

I wish I could give a negative amount of stars for this "venue". Your wedding day is supposed to be a day full of happy tears and that was not the case for me thanks to there lack of communication to each other and to me and my fiancé. After numerous promises that I would have exclusive use of the property, they double booked our wedding. I had a time slot of 4-11 and they decided since they were going to bed (they live upstairs on the property) they decided to insult my DJ and and personally shut off his equipment in the middle of a song. While trying to make it up to is that they double booked us they agreed to pay for our liquor (we ran out of the majority by 8:00). I had a bartender call my made of honor white trash because she was asking for the owner to discuss the beer and liquor situation. The bartender then got physical and poked her in the chest. Their venue is beautiful, but it is not worth the hassle. There have been so many brides finding my reviews who have had similar or worse experiences with this couple. At this point I wish I would have went to the courthouse. They have forever ruined this special day for me. Luckily the one thing they couldn't mess up was that I still got to marry my best friend

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
1 person found this review helpful

There is absolutely negative I could ever say about the manor. The day we decided on this venue Lisa told us "I don't want you paying the rest of your lives for this day." We were so blessed by finding them. The space it self is impressive and my guest kept commenting on how beautiful it was. Lisa also made us apart of the family which is something I know for a fact no other place would've done. She would even text me on occasion to check in on me with life. They also made things super easy on us. There is a list of approved vendors you can go with but you don't have to. This help greatly cut down on my searching time. They conducted the day of perfect even with weather problems that arose. We couldn't have asked for a better team or place for our wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Unique Services (Other)
1+ year ago
0.0

My review reflects our Rehearsal & "Day of" Experience. Throughout the planning, the owners John & Lisa became family. I was shocked when the reality of our wedding weekend was the complete opposite...they majorly over promised & under delivered. During our Rehearsal, they had a very rude & unprofessional women run our rehearsal. This sent our very casual, laidback group into a tailspin of frustration and high anxiety. It literally ruined our rehearsal. When I graciously shared what had happened with the venue owners & asked that this woman not be apart of any of our future wedding activities, they put her on duty at our wedding the next day. Additionally one owner was downright rude to my family and friends on multiple occasions while the other one (who I had done most of my planning with) went to bed before our reception even began because she was tired. They also did not have the amount of staff they had promised and because of this, many details were left undone. The venue did things how they wanted them, not how we had planned for them to be done. And when they found out I had a friends who were there to help with set up, they basically walked away and said they don't like working with "wedding planners". My friends were not wedding planners. They were kind, willing bodies, ready to help with whatever was necessary to make things happen that day. The were then left with all the details to execute. If that wasn't enough...the BIGGEST disappointment was the venue made several mistakes that cost us thousands of dollars and of course left us holding the bag. Things we had talked about over and over in our planning. This venue is young and inexperienced. They will promise you the moon, and tout event experience, but unless you have a super small event and don't care an ounce of what happens on your day...I wouldn't recommend Superstition Manor. Although the venue and location is beautiful, it's not worth a ruined experience.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Balynda
11/10/2013
4.3

My wedding at the Superstition Manor was beautiful. During the planning process, Lisa and John were very helpful, flexible and the food was delicious. They have made multiple improvements to their venue that make having a beautiful wedding easy. I got many compliments on how beautiful everything was. Lisa went above and beyond to make sure that I was a satisfied customer. She really wants the best not only for her business, but also her brides. If you are looking for the all inclusive package you will not be disappointed with what The Superstition Manor has to offer.

1 person found this review helpful
2+ years ago
4.1

Superstition Manor was the BEST backdrop for our wedding pictures!!!! Our photographer was in heaven! The staff was kind, super helpful, and professional! Definitely a RECOMMEND in our book!