Sugaree Baking Co.

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Pat created the most beautiful wedding cake for my daughter's wedding. She spent time listening to my daughter's wishes for her cake and provided a cake that was beyond her dreams. All of our guests commented on how delicious the cake was. We highly recommend Pat and Jimmy for any occasion cake or pies. They are the best!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I knew from the moment I started planning our wedding, I wanted Pat to make our cake. She did not disappoint. Gorgeous and delicious. Sugaree cakes look like they are done in fondant, that is how perfect they are, but they are all icing....let's face it, not many people actually eat the fondant. We are very pleased and recommend Sugaree to any bride.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

WOW. The cake was gorgeous, and SO amazingly good. I would expect nothing less from Pat at Sugaree, but wow. Beyond our wildest expectations!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Pat was wonderful. She spent a lot of time with me answering questions and helping me mix together a few different designs I had seen in pictures to create my own perfect cake. By far, it was the best tasting cake of all that we tried. Everything is fresh and made from scratch. Real strawberries! Guests were raving about how beautiful it was. I would recommend Sugaree and plan to go back on our anniversary to get a little cake for us to celebrate.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Pat and Sugaree are just fantastic. I came in with a photo of the cake I wanted and they produced an even better version! Ohhh and the taste....you will not be disappointed. People are still talking about how delicious that cake was. My husband, who doesn't even like cake, could not get enough! I cannot say enough good things about Sugaree!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

This was one of the best decisions I made while preparing for the wedding. The cake was perfect and delicious.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I could not have been happier with the cake we served at the wedding. It was beautiful, delicious, and our guests received a nice sized portion! Also, Pat was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the first moment I spoke with her, I felt at ease. I had my cake for the wedding picked out with in about 20 minutes. It's obvious that her and her team know exactly what they are doing.

1+ year ago

The Best and most Beautiful wedding cake I have ever had. I will use them for every cake that I will ever need. YUM!!!!!!!!

Katy
05/11/2013

Pat is fantastic. From the tasting to the final product.... our cake was spectacular! I loved that she uses all natural ingredients... real fruit, real milk and cream and butter, no preservatives! Not to mention tastes heavenly. She can make anything happen- and she did for us. Delicious! I won't go anywhere else for desserts.

2+ years ago

Highly recommend! Pat is fantastic. All natural ingredients, so none of the overly sugary fake stuff at other places.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I really can't thank Pat (the head baker and owner) enough! Our family friend was going to make our cake, but backed out a month and a half before the wedding. Pat saved us and made us the prettiest wedding cake ever! It looked like she used fondant as it was so beautiful and seamless looking but I know for a fact she didn't-as she told us she never uses it as it tastes bad and her cake was all buttercream deliciousness! Her shop on Tamm Avenue is super cute (pink walls!!!) and she has a Ipad to view her past cakes which it nicer to go through than those huge books most places had. Thank you Pat for everything! :)

2+ years ago

Pat took the time with us to sit down and taste the different cakes, fillings and icings. On the big day the cakes was beautiful and delicious.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Design: We had a custom-made invitation with monsters on the St. Louis arch. Pat put this design onto our wedding cake and it was perfect.

Flavor: I have been to a lot of weddings where the wedding cake is left on the table and people do not eat it. This was not the issue with our cake from Sugaree. Every plate that I saw had just a few crumbs left. I think this is the best testament I can give to how awesome this cake tasted. We had a Florida pound cake with raspberry and lemon. There are many other flavors available.

Owner: One of the nicest people I have ever met. It was a pleasure working on everything.

Note: We also got pies from Sugaree for a barbecue we had the day after the wedding. People basically licked the pie tins. Highly recommended - also as a possible option for the wedding itself.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our package with our reception site included the wedding cake from one of three preferred providers. We chose Sugaree, and immediately called for a tasting. Pat allowed us to pick up a tasting box to take home at taste at our convenience. We were able to try all the flavors of cake and icing choices, and once we had chosen our two cake flavors and five icing selections, we met with her again for design. After asking a few basic questions about our wedding decor, she insisted that she had the perfect cake in mind. She pulled up a picture of a cake she had done on her iPad, and it was a picture that I had pinned online already. She followed up with us in the days leading up to the wedding to confirm our numbers, and arrived promptly to our reception site. The design was exactly as described, and the cake was as tasty as we had remembered. We will be stopping by her shop for more cakes and pies in the future and will refer Sugaree to everyone.

2.6

While our wedding cake turned out beautifully and tasted delicious, I don't know that I'd recommend Sugaree to other couples. The design process was rushed, there is very little space to sit down and discuss with the baker, and much of our discussion was interrupted by constant chatter, helllos, and other distractions from customers and passerbys. I got the feeling that the Sugaree owner was a little tired and bored of doing wedding cakes...she seemed more interested in catching up on gossip with other customers. Most of our discussion was about her life history...we probably spent a total of 5 minutes out of an hour actually discussing our wedding and our cake.

THe cake turned out fine, but it was a pretty disappointing customer service experience...

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake from Sugaree was delicious AND beautiful. I took a picture to our tasting (which was so fun BTW - they even sent a tasting box home with me so that my mom, who couldn't make the appointment, could try the cakes) and the cake showed up the day of looking exactly like the picture. The bakery uses real buttercream instead of fondant, but you cannot see the difference, and the buttercream is delicious! I could not have been more happy with the looks or taste of my cake. Thanks to everyone at Sugaree! (Then even have a gluten free dessert if you have any guests with special dietary needs.)