Sugar Bowl Resort

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The venue and service exceeded my expectations by a million! I knew it would be a beautiful venue, but I was literally blown away by how gorgeous the grounds were and how amazing the entire staff was! The service was phenomenal and everyone was so helpful! The lodge was awesome and all my friends and family were able to stay on-site so it was a great summer camp/dorm feel which everyone LOVED! Meghon was so helpful and responsive throughout the whole planning process. I literally wish I could have a wedding there every weekend. I hope a friend gets married there so I get to attend a wedding there soon! I can't say enough good things about the entire experience. It was seriously the wedding of my dreams!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Recently Married

This outstanding venue and magnificent staff made for a once in a lifetime event for my son and daughter-in-law. The staff was accommodating and most helpful. They honored all our requests. Having guests stay at the lodge and surroundings condos made this 3 day gala magical. Anyone planning a very special event should look into this venue. You will be so glad you did. Hats off to Meghon, Lisa, and Jose. My heartfelt thanks to you.

Galen
07/04/2015

Meghon was a true professional that delivered us a wedding that exceeded our expectations.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Judi
06/27/2015

I could not ask for a more perfect venue for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding. We had our rehearsal dinner at Lake Mary, and we were taken back by this hidden gem in the Sierras. Our wedding was at the Village Lodge and my family and friends had so much fun spending the weekend at Sugar Bowl. Meghon and her staff made my entire wedding planning easy, and she gave me the wedding of my dreams. Meghon was also my florist and she did an incredible job with our flowers. I was speechless when I saw our arch, tables, and decor around the venue. The food at Sugar Bowl is amazing! I would highly recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff and venue at Sugar Bowl Resort far exceeded my expectations! We were on a fairly strict budget and so were forced to decline many of their extra options that were available (The Disney Chair Lift, the Lake Mary Rehearsal, floral services). Despite this, their most basic package included spectacular lighting and decor, a full weekend of devoted and attentive staff, and floral decorations around the lodge that were coordinated with our wedding flowers and colors! Furthermore, Meghon surprised us with adding her own finishing touches at the ceremony site, which were breathtaking. We asked for a reduced price menu and still received an assortment of main dishes, salads, and appetizers that had even the most foodie of our guests salivating! We received the kind of service one might expect if we had opted for ALL of their extra options! I highly recommend Meghon and her staff at Sugar Bowl Lodge for ANY special event you may be planning, especially your wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Jacquelyn
06/06/2015

Davie and I were married at Sugar Bowl Resort on June 6, 2015 and could not be more thrilled with the entire experience. From the very beginning to the very last moment, the Sugar Bowl team was exquisite. Meghon was the best wedding coordinator I could have imagined. Meghon was always available for questions and was incredibly helpful along with Amanda on making all our dreams come true for our day. When she first told me if we can dream it, they will make it happen, I wasn't sure it was possible. I have never been more happy to be wrong! Every single detail was perfect. Additionally, Chef Alan made the most incredible French-Vietnamese fusion meal for the 140 guests. From the walnut chicken to the filet and custom pho bar... the guests were so happy with the food and could not stop complimenting the chef. The entire crew set up the hotel with flowers, tables, and more to make every guest feel welcome and loved. The fire pit was awesome for s'mores and hanging out each night. The hotel was perfect! We had most of our guests staying at the hotel or in houses on the property. Jose was amazing getting all the rooms sorted out and helping all the guests. If you love a beautiful mountain setting and crave a weekend-long wedding event, this is absolutely the best place for you! I could not be more complimentary of Sugar Bowl. Thank you!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Christine
07/12/2014

We hosted our daughter's wedding at Sugar Bowl's Lake Mary venue. For the year leading up to the wedding, communication was easy and thorough. Meghon was extremely friendly and professional providing us lists, venue visits, and a tasting. For the rehearsal and event, Amanda took over. Amanda was a delight. She answered all our questions and managed the site with a friendly demeanor. All of the Sugarbowl employees were friendly and professional. Lake Mary is stunningly beautiful for an outdoor wedding. Many of our guests commented on the gorgeous scenery, fabulous food, and fun activities set up for the reception. My daughter and I are Tahoe locals and we looked at nearly every venue in and around Tahoe. Sugarbowl was the best price and provided the best service.

1+ year ago

We used Sugar Bowl for a destination wedding weekend and Meghon and her staff were attentive, helpful, very responsive and overall wonderful. I am the mother of the groom so we hosted a Friday night welcome dinner for all guests at Lake Mary and the setting was fabulous, excellent service, and great food. In addition to the event coordination, I also worked with Meghon on the flower center pieces for the tables which were perfect for the venue. She has a wealth of knowledge, is detailed orientated and her coordination let us enjoy the event rather than worry about the details. The wedding ceremony and reception the next day was picture perfect, once again with excellent service and great food.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Kate
07/12/2014

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my experience with Sugar Bowl and my wedding. The staff was amazingly helpful and willing to go the extra distance everytime. I did a LOT of shopping for venues in the Tahoe/Truckee area and this is by far the beat deal available. The affordable price came with so many extra perks (like the wedding coordinator) that you just don't get at the other local venues. I wish I could get married at Lake Mary again!!

Lauren
07/12/2014

We thought Meghon and the entire Sugar Bowl staff were very friendly and helpful. The pricing seemed very fair and straightforward and the setting was incredible.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Nicole
07/01/2014

Sugarbowl is amazing. We originally chose the location because of sentimental value (my husband taught me to ski here) but were blown away at what a perfect wedding venue it turned out to be. Staff are always friendly and go above and beyond. The wedding co-ordinator Meghon was so easy to work with and always made herself available whenever we needed something. She also did our flowers for the wedding and they were gorgeous. She worked with what I wanted but added her own touch and they turned out beautifully.
Both my husband and I grew up in Canada so most of our guests had travelled quite a ways to be at our wedding. Sugarbowl was such a special place as you have the whole resort to yourself for 3 days. It was a spectacular setting to have a family reunion. Many of our family members had never been to Tahoe and were blown away. Everyone said it was the best wedding venue they had ever experienced.
We did the chairlift for cocktail hour and had drinks and appetizers at the top of the mountain. It was spectacular and worth every penny.
The food was delicious!! We were very impressed and everyone was raving about it.
The fire pit that was lit every night was also a highlight. Smores for the kids then late-night talks with our family and friends sitting in Adarondak chairs around the camp fire was a great way to cap off the evenings.
The prices were reasonable and the co-ordinator Meghon made suggestions to help us stay within our budget. There were no surprises when we saw the bill.
I would would say that Sugarbowl as the perfect wedding venue. I have no regrets and would have my wedding there again in a heartbeat. We have perfect memories of our wedding day thanks to Sugarbowl.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers
1+ year ago

Sugar Bowl was an amazing venue to have my wedding! The venue was stunning, the chair lift was incredible, the food was great, and the Sugar Bowl staff and Meghon were so accommodating the entire weekend. Working with Meghon during my engagement really helped, she was always quick to answer emails and worked with me on things that I wanted to do a little bit differently than what their norm was.

I loved being able to have The Village lodge exclusively for the weekend. Having the rehearsal dinner there too made the weekend feel like a big family/friend reunion. I was told by many guests that my wedding was one of their favorite weddings they've been too, the chairlift really gives guests an awesome experience.

Love, Love, Love!! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WOW! What a wonderful venue for my June 21 wedding!! It was just perfect for our rustic/outdoorsy themed wedding! Even if you did not have any decorations..this venue SCREAMS rustic and woodsy. The staff were wonderful during the whole process: before, during, AND even after. Weather was great and we did not know we were marrying on the first day of summer aka the longest day of the year!

Meghon was sooo wonderful and absolutely responsive. After hearing all my friends current horror stories, I appreciate her fast response! When you talk/email her she felt genuine..Again my friends' current experience with their CURRENT venue planners..cringe worthy. I loved and appreciated her suggestions. We also decided to hire her for flowers. Again, it fit perfectly with what I wanted. It was also very convenient to have the food, flowers, hotel, setup all under Meghon! It helps to have someone who sees the vision the bride sees! Thank you Meghon many of my guest commented on just how wonderful you all were!

Booking Sugar Bowl meant you had the whole place to yourself. We decided to book the Disney Lift...and the ONLY complaint I have was that I wish that the person operating the lift told my guest that the bar on the ski lift came down...BOY riding the skilift during the summer is FAR different than in the winter...SCARY ISH! I had a few guest who were literally crying so be prepared. My husband and I are outdoorsy and we ski/snowboard often I did NOT expect to be THAT terrified! Other than that it was a wonderfully unique experience for our 170 guest.

Anyhoo I can't stress how wonderful this venue is. Many of my guest kept commenting on it too. The grounds are also well maintained. The grass was lush and pretty. I wish I can get married all over again! =)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Carly
06/07/2014

In my opinion sugar bowl gets 5 stars for everything. We had our wedding there this June and it was amazing! Meghon and her team were more than accommodating and made everything so special for our big day. They were very professional but approachable and we felt like we could ask them anything and no task was too big. They even went as far as learning many of the guests names and helping some of the older guests with food etc. The wedding was a huge success, everyone had an amazing time and even our guests mentioned to us how wonderful the staff was at sugar bowl. Thank you Sugar Bowl Staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Sugar Bowl this past October and it was the best place we could have chosen. I cannot recommend this place enough. It was the first venue we saw and we booked it that day, knowing it would be perfect for us. The planning process was so easy and smooth; Meghon and Pat took care of whatever we needed, but we were able to plan and coordinate the things we wanted to. They are extremely flexible with what they will do and provide really good recommendations on timing, set up, and logistics. We showed up the day before the wedding, dropped off everything we brought and had a half hour meeting to go over set up etc. and after that we didn't have to worry about a thing. The best part was that neither we nor our guests had to lift a finger, and the whole weekend was executed perfectly and our stuff was packed back into boxes by Sunday morning ready for us to take home.

They really went above and beyond our expectations and all the little things I'd forgotten (our cake needs decoration? It's cold and we need heat lamps?) they took care of. I could go on and on about everything they did that made it perfect. A lot of our guests stayed Friday and Saturday night, and the ability to have everyone there with no stress made it perfect. I've heard and seen so many stories of brides frazzled on their wedding day trying to get everything set up right or deal with emergencies that come up. I was honestly so relaxed because I knew that even if something did go wrong it would be handled. Additionally, the place is beautiful. If you like the mountains you won't find a better venue. Now we are just hoping one of our friends gets married there so we can attend a wedding at Sugar Bowl!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Landen
10/05/2013

Sugar Bowl made our prep hassle-free and our wedding day smooth and easy. Meghon and Pat were excellent coordinators on site and their team was there to answer any questions and help make our guests feel comfortable.

Flowers - Meghon & Pat happen to be florists, so that was easy.
Catering - they have excellent chefs and menus on site, so no need to outsource. The tasting was a wonderful experience in the snow!
Photographer - they have a list of recommended vendors and we loved Chris Cooke!
Cake - we ordered apple pie from a local bakery and Meghon took care of the whole process, from the tasting to the cutting
Decorations - we went with a rustic, woodsy theme and Sugar Bowl helped out significantly by providing baskets, wooden rounds for the tables, mason jars for flowers, an archway, and shepherd's hooks for the ceremony aisles. We described our style and they created it for us - so easy! We even intended to write out table seating with chalk and Sugar Bowl staff, Riza, took care of us for us with her beautiful handwriting.
Location - up in the mountains; it's definitely a destination for most, but at only 45 minutes from the Reno Airport and about 3.5 hours for our Bay Area friends and family, we decided that a "convenient getaway" fit the bill. Keep in mind, the 20-minute drive down to Truckee is a windy mountain road, so stay away after drinking or late at night.
Lodge - the rooms are quaint and clean and fit a wide range of numbers, so we could house our relatives and groups of friends easily on site. We only wish they had more rooms to fit all of our 117 guests. Luckily, it's just a short drive down to Truckee where hotels and restaurants are located.
Fun perk - we booked the Disney ski lift for our cocktail hour, which was a huge hit - even my grandparents went up the lift!

Our friends and family are still raving about the scenery, the location, the Disney lift, the food, and the service. We really could not be happier with our choice!