Reviews (33)
 (4.0/5.0)

Sort By:

4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I couldn't have been happier with my experience at Stylish Impressions. I initially made my appointment thinking that it would be yet another CT wedding shop to simply cross off my list. However, as soon as we walked in and met Olivia, my doubts turned to hope. While describing my dream dress to her, I noticed one particular dress peeking out from their full racks (great selection available!) that seemed to fit what I was looking for. Low and behold, once I finished describing what I wanted, it was the first dress that Olivia pulled. It was perfect…until Olivia showed me the price. Fortunately, it fit extremely well, and the sample dress discount was amazing, as was the condition of the price. After a LOT of hemming and hawing, I took the plunge – I had found “the one!”
In addition to being the shop that had “my dress,” Stylish Impressions far exceeded all of the other shops I visited. Their stock was large and varied, and in great condition. Olivia gave me a personalized, and helpful, experience – her recommendations and attention to detail were exactly what I was looking for. She was extremely knowledgeable of the store’s stock, and unlike other shops, she never once tried to force me into something I didn’t like, nor did she tell me what I should look like on my wedding day – the number of stores I visited who insisted I should want to look like a princess on my wedding day was appalling! Not Stylish Impressions. They listened, respected my wishes, and gave me the time necessary to make such a huge decision. Their willingness to work with my budget, and make the sample dress perfect, convinced me that it was the perfect place to order my dress! Thanks a million!

Wedding: 06/14/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0

Private User 2 Reviews
Diane was great! She was very flexible with my schedule and found a time for my appointment. I really love my dress and would definitely recommend Stylish Impressions!
Wedding: [Private]
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I found my dream dress here with all of the help from the professional and attentive staff. Every one who works here is so passionate about helping every bride. I bought my shoes here too and I couldn't be happier with how very thing turned out! I highly recommend going here if you want the best bridal experience when picking out your dress!
Wedding: 05/03/2014
3.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 4 Reviews
I chose stylish impressions because they had the two dresses I found online. I went there, picked one out and that was it. They rushed the dress, and Yvette tailored it to fit me perfectly. (although the alterations were rather expensive). The dress was a beautiful and was a highlight of the day. My only complaint would be they can be hard to get in touch with if there are any issues. Also, the store is rather busy, especially during prom season. All in all, a very pleasant shopping experience for such an important occasion.
Wedding: Recently Married

Private User 10 Reviews
After going to large, more expensive boutiques in Boston and being disappointed by the selection and quality of service, I stopped by Stylish Impressions on a lunch break since I work nearby... I walked in the door, told them what I wanted, and they marched me upstairs and pulled out my dress! It was that simple, and the dress is perfect!
Much less expensive than at one of those boutiques, and the quality is just as good as the Boston stores!
The seamstress did the bustle EXACTLY as I'd asked even though I didn't know what to ask for and she invented a new bustle on the spot!
Fantastic Store! Way better than the trendy, expensive boutiques in the cities!
Wedding: Recently Married

Lynn 2 Reviews
I went to a large chain to look for a dress originally. Big mistake. The people at Stylish Impressions in Farmington, CT were outstanding. Their personal, non-pushy, patient assistance was exactly what I wanted. I felt very comfortable there as a 48 year old bride! Their selection was as varied and large as the bigger companies. I highly recommend them to anyone!
Wedding: 10/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Things were always taken care of and done correctly at Stylish Impressions. I never had to worry! My dress was perfect and fit wonderfully. They have a wonderful selection of gowns and bridesmaid dresses. Almost my whole bridal party purchased their dresses from Stylish Impressions!
Wedding: 07/28/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Olivia was absolutely wonderful helping me find my dream wedding dress! She was so personable, honest, and helpful as I tried on several dresses. She took an interest in what I wanted and found the perfect dress for me. A few months later, I went back to Stylish Impressions and worked with Olivia to find my jewelry and my bridesmaids' jewelery. Once again, she was able to take what I had envisioned and make it come true. Her knowledge and expertise made for a wonderful wedding dress shopping experience.

I also had the alterations done at Stylish Impressions with Evette. I felt that the cost for alterations was a little expensive, however Evette did some beautiful work making sure my dress fit just right!
Wedding: 07/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Loved my wedding dress so much!! They were so helpful at the store and made dress shopping so much fun!! So glad I went there!! The dress i purchased was under my budget and was my dream dress!!
Wedding: 06/15/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
HORRIBLE !! I wish I read the reviews before I purchased my dress. I purchased my dress for my son's wedding in June. I was measured for the dress and paid for half of it . When I returned to pick up my dress, I expressed how tight it was around my rib cage. I was told by the owner, Diane, how beautiful it looked on me and that it will stretch. She also said if it still felt uncomfortable, they could take it out 1/2 inch on both sides. After I left and tried it on again at home, I decided not to wait and have it taken out . I called and made an appointment with Yvette(would never recommend her to anyone). Yvette said no problem she will take it out and charged me $75. When I went to pick up the dress, it was still tight and Yvette then said "oh" I wasn't able to take it out 1/2 inch just 1/4 inch. I was extremely disappointed but was told there was nothing else she could do. When I got home I noticed that she only took it out on one side. I called Yvette, and she still said there was nothing she could do, but she had no problem taking my money for a job half done. I called the owner numerous times and have gotten nowhere. I am so furious after reading other reviews about not being measured correctly, and I think the owner should be held accountable for her actions. I am going to write a complaint everywhere I possibly can and I have also told family and friends who have kids getting married NOT to shop at Stylish Impressions! Shame on you, Diane!
Wedding: 06/15/2013

Anonymous 5 Reviews
I had a great experience at Stylish Impressions. Olivia, one of the consultants, was FANTASTIC, and made the experience so special and eased my stresses at the same time. She understood my "vision" of my wedding day, and helped me find the most perfect gowns for me and my bridesmaids. I purchased all of my accessories here, including veil, shoes, and jewelry. Loved all my visits to the store! Diane and the girls are all great.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 9 Reviews
I am writing this review mostly about the seamstress Vinya. She was awful!!! She canceled on me three times and I had to drive out of my way ( for her convience) to pick up my dress. My dress smelled like gross food from her house. She forgot some of my accessories when we met and she almost didn't go 5 mins to her house to get it for me (2 days before my wedding)! But the worse was yet to come!!!! She did the worse job bustle my dress and no one could find the white pieces of thread that the hooks clipped on. So I had to get out of my dress on my wedding day, standing there naked trying to bustle my own dress! And it didn't stay bustled at all!!!

When I called the store owner (who I love) the day after my wedding, she really didn't have much to say. Overall, not a good experience at all!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had a fabulous experience with Stylish Impressions. I bought my bridal gown and 5 bridesmaid dresses there. I went in for my bridal gown after having had a very frustrating experience at another store. I showed Diane, the owner, pictures that I had and explained that I didn't need those dresses, just a style like it. She nailed it on the first dress. I loved my wedding dress. It was so perfect and so me. I'm still getting compliments on it. When choosing my bridesmaid dresses, I had 2 different employees helping me and both were fantastic. They were very patient and gave me all of the time in the world. I never once felt rushed or like I was just a number. They were very clear in explaining to me the process for ordering the bridesmaid dresses. Both my dress and the bridesmaid dresses came in exactly when they said that they would. I not only loved all of my dresses, but the process was fantastic. I did not use their seamstress services so I can not review that, but I would highly recommend Stylish Impressions to anyone.
Wedding: 11/23/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Just the most perfect boutique. Diane and Joan (and don't forget all of her staff who are all knowledgeable and fun), are just all stars at making a girl be heard and finding your perfect dress. In fact, my situation was kind of different, and it was never an issue! Find your dress here, you'll be taken care of I promise!
Wedding: 11/23/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Searched far and wide for a dress…..after many stops I returned to Stylish impressions because their customer attention was the best I had experienced. Olivia worked with me throughout the entire process. Once finding a dress, she went above and beyond to make changes to it so it was "my perfect dress". Olivia was professional, stylish, warm, friendly and knowledgeable. Stylish impression has a great selection of high quality dress without the high markup. My guests thought because of the high quality of my dress I must have spent 3 times as much as I did. So happy with my overall experience!
Wedding: 08/25/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I bought my dress, 5 bridesmaids dresses, 1 flower girl dress, and my mother in laws dress here for our may wedding. I will admit that when I initially called to make my first appointment to try dresses on, the woman who answered the phone was very rude. So rude I almost didnt go to the appointment. However, I went anyway because they are one of the very few stores in CT that carry Allure.
I was welcomed to the store by Christina, who is honestly one of the nicest people I have ever met. I mentioned to her that I almost didnt come because of the initial phone call, and she was very apologetic and seemed genuinely surprised that I had been treated that way. Christina is so sweet, and very accomodating. My first appointment was picture perfect, and I had tried on several dresses at other shops, but I found the "one" here. Christina actually encouraged me to try that dress on, even though it wasnt appealing to me on the hanger at all. The owner Diane, and all of the other girls were also very nice and really made us feel welcome. I would deffinitely reccomend that you ask for Christina if you are a bride looking for a dress. She really makes the experience one that you will remember. To give you an idea of how sweet Christina is, she actually made me a blue pawprint that she had the seamstress sew to the inside of my dress. We both adore our dogs, and it was such a touching surprise.
The dress I purchased was very reasonable considering the designer. They have a huge selection for any budget. The veil was a bit pricey, but again they have veils for any budget.
I was a little dissapointed that I didnt get some type of discount considering the amount of money we were spending between my dress and the rest of the bridal party. However, it was a great experience, so I didnt make a big deal out of it.
The seamstress Pena is AWESOME. She is a true professional, and my dress fit so perfectly. She is super flexible, and even let me come to her house on a Sunday for one of the fittings.
My only suggestion is to make sure you book your appointments for your fittings the same day that you are there. They book up VERY fast, and if you try to wait to get in on a saturday a few days before, you will never get in.
Love these ladies, and would deffinitely reccomend them!

Wedding: 05/28/2012