Stylish Impressions

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

My conslutant Andrea was OUTSTANDING. After what seemed to be an endless search for a dress I found myself in the dress of my dreams at Stylish Impressions. Not only was Andrea understanding about my wants and needs but she also allowed me and my mom to take a look at the dresses for ourselfs. She picked gowns that matched my likes but used her expertise and picked a gown that flattered my shape and was not what I had pictured at all, I fell in love! I would highly recomend this shop because of the amazing staff and comfortable setting. Never did I ever feel pushed to make a decision, Andrea was always honest about the gowns and it was never about the price! The service here was amazing. Me and my mother are patiently waiting the arival of my gown. Thank you for the experience of a lifetime!

[Private]

This is my second daughter to get married and i have shopped at many of the local stores but this was the first time to this store. I went here twice with my daughter. The first time we went on a Saturday and it was busy but our salesperson Olivia was very attentive. You could touch the gowns, look through them, and try on what ever ones you/she wanted. All the gowns are tagged with a price so none of the "what's your price range". You could bring your grandmother, bridesmaids and friends. You could take pictures. It was a great day! Days later my daughter looked through the pictures and said I like the top of this and the bottom of that one and I said I saw that very thing but you didn't try it on. On the second trip back she tried on that dress and loved it and it was down to two great dresses to choose from. The owner helped her decide. The one that she chose ended up being the lower price of both gowns. THIS PLACE IS GREAT- never once were they pushing to the higher price it was all about what dress do you like and what dress do you feel best in. Hat's off to this wedding dress shop you care about the bride and how she feels! We ordered her dress and you cared about us too -the people she brought that day. Thanks for making this task a pleasure to do. Looking forward to when the dress comes in.....PS I found you because a friend of mine had just bought her daughters dress there and she said the people working and the way you let brides pick and touch the dresses is what impressed her. I agree.

Recently Married

The customer service at Stylish Impressions from Jenn was AMAZING! She was kind, helpful and very thoughtful during my gown shopping. She listened to my details and pulled dresses that fit what I was looking for. When she left me with my mother so that we could talk, she went above and beyond, as she returned with one of the seamstresses to discuss some details and options that we were just casually discussing prior. I felt so comfortable with her that she seemed to be like a bridal party member and not a consultant. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a gown to go here and ask for Jenn! I love my dress and can't wait for it to come in! You will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Stylish Impressions has helped friends find bridesmaid dresses and prom dresses for years, so when it was my wedding - they were the first place to visit. Not knowing what type of dress I was looking for, I described some aspects of what I hoped it might have. The first dress the consultant pulled would be the dress I would end up purchasing! They know how to ask the questions to really understand what you're looking for, make you feel comfortable, provide suggestions, and help you through the process of buying a dress! They made not only my experience as a bride wonderful, they also helped my mom find the perfect dress as well. We are thrilled with our experience and know others will be, too.

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Jewelry
4.2

Great work but it was sometimes hard to get an appointment outside the 8-5 workday. I loved my dress, and while expensive, the alterations turned out great.

3.6

Got a sample dress for a relatively good deal. That was good... the bad? Do not get your alterations done here. My bustle didn't even last 30 minutes and was $300! The only alteration I had was the bustle and it broke! Very disappointing.

3.7

I ended up at Stylish Impressions, which was about 45 minutes from my house because I was looking for a specific Maggie Sottero dress. Although I did not find it at Stylish Impressions, they had other comparable Maggie dresses, so it was worth the drive. I was on a little bit of a time crunch, and this was my third bridal shop, so I was very happy when I found the dress and for less than I thought I would. I was told it would be in within 5-6 months, which would give me just enough time for alterations. Three weeks later, I received a call that it came in & I was lucky that they had the space to keep it until I needed to schedule my alterations. I also got my 5 bridesmaid's dresses from Stylish Impressions, which I was told would take 3 months to come in. When 3 months came and went, I called to check on them and I was told they were at the warehouse and they should be there in two weeks. Two weeks came and went and I called again since I heard nothing, they were still at the warehouse. This went on for another 4 weeks until it was just about a month and a half away from my wedding and I had to ship my MOH's dress across the country so she could get it altered. I called one last time and they said they arrived 2 days prior. Again, I did not get a phone call, nor did my mother (who was shipping the dress to my MOH) or my bridesmaids. I also had to call and ask when I should start alterations since I did not receive any calls about that either.

In the end everyone got their dresses and they were all altered in time and we looked beautiful. The ladies that work at Stylish Impressions are super friendly and helpful, however if I had one piece of advice for them: follow up, especially with your brides!! I was already stressing out about other wedding related things and I did not need to be worried about my bridesmaid's dresses and where they were because there was a lack of follow up or phone calls.

Recently Married

Stopping into Stylish Impressions was the best decision I ever made . On my way to work one morning, I saw the store & happened to stop in to make a Bridal Dress Appointment. To my surprise they took me in to try dresses on immediately ... After 7 other Bridal Stores and no luck and quite a few bad experiences at my appointments I was not loving this Bridal experience of finding "the Dress". Jen was absolutely amazing! She was so knowledgeable. She made me feel so comfortable . She listened to what I liked and didn't like and was honest with how things looked on me. I had such a great experience! It was because of Jen I actually enjoyed finding My Dress !

Services Used: Dress & Attire

This tiny boutique offers TREMENDOUS quality. I came across this boutique because they were hosting a trunk show for Allure Bridals. The sales associate that I worked with the day I found my dress was so patient and caring. She actually found my dress--it was the last one I tried on! She pulled it because it had elements of what I wanted as well as what my mom had wanted for me. It was perfect and something that I did not even consider for myself! What I loved most about Stylish Impressions was that there was no pressure to buy something. These ladies were 100% about you 100% of the time, and you don't get that in larger department stores. The owner is really sweet and so is the seamstress. I commuted over an hour each time I went to Stylish Impressions; I always looked forward to my appointments and I always left happy. Little boutiques such as this one are always overlooked, but they honestly deliver so much more in terms of service and that's what my mom and I were looking for. I'm so happy I got my dress from here and not from a larger store like Kleinfeld's because if you think about, you're just paying for the "name of the store" when you shop at larger bridal stores--and I didn't want to compromise the intimate, and personal interaction I was hoping to get when searching for my perfect gown.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I couldn't have been happier with my experience at Stylish Impressions. I initially made my appointment thinking that it would be yet another CT wedding shop to simply cross off my list. However, as soon as we walked in and met Olivia, my doubts turned to hope. While describing my dream dress to her, I noticed one particular dress peeking out from their full racks (great selection available!) that seemed to fit what I was looking for. Low and behold, once I finished describing what I wanted, it was the first dress that Olivia pulled. It was perfect…until Olivia showed me the price. Fortunately, it fit extremely well, and the sample dress discount was amazing, as was the condition of the price. After a LOT of hemming and hawing, I took the plunge – I had found “the one!”
In addition to being the shop that had “my dress,” Stylish Impressions far exceeded all of the other shops I visited. Their stock was large and varied, and in great condition. Olivia gave me a personalized, and helpful, experience – her recommendations and attention to detail were exactly what I was looking for. She was extremely knowledgeable of the store’s stock, and unlike other shops, she never once tried to force me into something I didn’t like, nor did she tell me what I should look like on my wedding day – the number of stores I visited who insisted I should want to look like a princess on my wedding day was appalling! Not Stylish Impressions. They listened, respected my wishes, and gave me the time necessary to make such a huge decision. Their willingness to work with my budget, and make the sample dress perfect, convinced me that it was the perfect place to order my dress! Thanks a million!

1+ year ago

Diane was great! She was very flexible with my schedule and found a time for my appointment. I really love my dress and would definitely recommend Stylish Impressions!

Deirdre
05/10/2014

Stylish Impressions has a nice variety of dresses, but a small space. Appointments need to be made well in advance, especially around prom season. In house altering is a nice touch as well. Friendly staff.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I found my dream dress here with all of the help from the professional and attentive staff. Every one who works here is so passionate about helping every bride. I bought my shoes here too and I couldn't be happier with how very thing turned out! I highly recommend going here if you want the best bridal experience when picking out your dress!

3.9

I chose stylish impressions because they had the two dresses I found online. I went there, picked one out and that was it. They rushed the dress, and Yvette tailored it to fit me perfectly. (although the alterations were rather expensive). The dress was a beautiful and was a highlight of the day. My only complaint would be they can be hard to get in touch with if there are any issues. Also, the store is rather busy, especially during prom season. All in all, a very pleasant shopping experience for such an important occasion.

1+ year ago

After going to large, more expensive boutiques in Boston and being disappointed by the selection and quality of service, I stopped by Stylish Impressions on a lunch break since I work nearby... I walked in the door, told them what I wanted, and they marched me upstairs and pulled out my dress! It was that simple, and the dress is perfect!
Much less expensive than at one of those boutiques, and the quality is just as good as the Boston stores!
The seamstress did the bustle EXACTLY as I'd asked even though I didn't know what to ask for and she invented a new bustle on the spot!
Fantastic Store! Way better than the trendy, expensive boutiques in the cities!

Lynn
10/06/2013

I went to a large chain to look for a dress originally. Big mistake. The people at Stylish Impressions in Farmington, CT were outstanding. Their personal, non-pushy, patient assistance was exactly what I wanted. I felt very comfortable there as a 48 year old bride! Their selection was as varied and large as the bigger companies. I highly recommend them to anyone!