Stroudsmoor Country Inn

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 5 Reviews
Amazing reception. The staff is amazing, I couldn't have asked fora better group of people to help us plan our special day. Everything was perfect!
Wedding: Recently Married

Private User 2 Reviews
We got married at Lawnhaven on August 2, 2014, and had an incredible experience! From the planning to the day -- it was a pleasure working with Barbara, Christina, & their team!

As for planning, I could not have done it without SCI. They contacted me each step of the way & I was provided with deadlines as to what needed to be decided & when; we met every few months (at some point every few weeks), to go over all details. I did not realize all the different components that went into planning until SCI brought it to my attention. I was planning from the Washington, DC area, and SCI was so available to us despite the distance!

SCI helped us create a signature drink consisting of our drink of choice & matching our wedding colors -- a coral-colored watermelon margarita! It was a huge hit, so delicious & the color was spot on! We also had a Cookies & Milk station (cookies are the hubby's fav dessert) & it was extremely popular as well! Flowers/decor from Susan & invites/details from Judy were perfection! Colleen was so helpful w. room blocks! Beyond thankful for this team!

Food & service was phenomenal! Guests had to restrain themselves from eating during cocktail bc there was so much delicious food & they wanted to save room for din! We were floored by the service, we could not believe how accommodating everyone was... I have never seen, or heard of such service! After guests were done with din, the waitstaff went around offering guests add'l servings of lobster tail, filet mignon, & chicken! We were barely done with drinks before we were asked if we wanted more. We were also informed that we could even control the temperature of the room! It was unbelievable, totally exceeded our expectations!

Now that the wedding is over, we are so thrilled we went with SCI since we can return any time, whether it be to visit the restaurant & order for din what we served guests, or spend a wknd relaxing & enjoying the grounds. We look forward to visiting this special place!
Wedding: 08/02/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake, Catering, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Stroudsmoor Country Inn was absolutely gorgeous!! The staff was more than accommodating, professional, and willing to answer any/ all questions. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on the beautiful location, quaint rooms, and wonderful food. We couldn't have picked a better place for such a special day!
Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are SO completely blown away and downright giddy from our amazing July 2014 wedding at Stroudsmoor’s Lawnhaven site. The entire event was breathtakingly beautiful... Seamless transitions from ceremony to cocktails to reception (& great Plan B rain options if nec.) Their food/service reputation is stellar - precisely what we wanted.
The cocktail hr is SERIOUSLY UNBELIEVEABLE. Guests were raving about it saying it was crazy amazing w. a HUGE variety/amount of hors d’oeuvres constantly coming out. All the food was fantastic & the service…IMPECCABLE.
Our planner Barbara Ciaramella-Pirone was AMAZING!! She anticipates issues before they happen & she is right about EVERYTHING! Our day-of coordinator Carrie was awesome & ensured all transitions, meal service, packing up, etc. were taken care of quickly & unobtrusively so we could just have fun! Kelsie, our personal bride/groom attendant was very attentive & took care of us all night. The whole staff worked tirelessly & were friendly & professional.
Jessie Roth did a FABULOUS job w. our florals/décor. Everything looked luxe, gorgeous & the details were perfect.
Stroudsmoor’s bridal “registry” was extremely useful; Judy Grady is so sweet & helpful & found us MAGNIFICENT invitations/escort cards at competitive prices. We also purchased an unusual guest book alternative, cake cutting set & gorgeous vintage toasting flutes.
Jessica Carbone at the spa did a terrific job organizing our appointments/timing; she is so sweet & patient! Christine did an amazing job w. my super curly long hair & the whole team did a phenomenal job w. my bridal party’s hair/nails. I also got a blissful pre-wedding massage.
Lodging coordinator Colleen Denehan is heaven-sent! She was really able to work some magic in getting us extra last minute rooms for extra guests. It was a pleasure to work w. her & so helpful to have at least some on-site accommodations.
THANK YOU SO MUCH STROUDSMOOR FOR THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!!
Wedding: 07/19/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Party Supplies, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are looking for the perfect wedding Strousdmoor should be your first and final stop. It was for my daughter and son-in-law who were married at the Ridgecrest on July 19, 2014. Besides having the perfect day, the views during the ceremony were stunning and a perfect backdrop for the perfect couple. Our wedding planner Corinne assisted with every aspect of planning from beginning to end, from showing us the venues available, to setting the wedding date, to planning the rehearsal dinner and planning the dinner menu. She was wonderful! Judy from Bridal Registry assisted with the save the dates, wedding invitations and seating chart. She even offered to stay late to accommodate our schedule! The floral department went above and beyond to make sure my daughter's vision was seen by all on her wedding day. The food! Our guests at both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception could not stop talking about how fabulous the food was. The wait staff was attentive and engaged and we never had to ask for anything! They knew what we needed and provided it! The bartenders did a fantastic job serving our guests quickly and were courteous at all times. The room accommodations were planned perfectly by Colleen who worked with my daughter to make sure all our arrangements and needs were met and taken care of. The rooms were quaint, comfortable, spacious and we felt like we were at home! The Stroudsmoor and staff provided the perfect experience that will make for beautiful memories in the years to come. My only regret is that I do not have another daughter so that we could experience the perfection of the Stroudsmoor Inn again!
Wedding: 07/19/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I highly reccomend the Stroudsmoor. I knew my wedding was going to be everything I imagined at this venue, but it ended up being even better. My guests continue to tell me it was the best wedding they ever attended. The food was excellent and the quantity was more than most guests could eat. The service was exceptional. The grounds are beautiful. I had my ceremony and reception at Lawnhaven. It is spectacular! You must tour this place. You will not find a better venue in the area.
Wedding: 07/13/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wedding Planning: Amy Spangler, my wedding coordinator, was absolutely wonderful. Ben and I always looked forward to our meetings as she was always friendly, always willing to help if something came up, and even gave us different options and ideas when we weren't sure ourselves. She even helped to sew the loop of the bustle back onto my dress after it ripped before the ceremony!
Flowers/Favors and Gifts: Jessie Roth was a great help at Stroudsmoor's floral department. As we planned what type of floral arrangements we wanted for the ceremony and reception, she was always willing to adjust based on our budget and make changes afterwards. Her idea for our reception centerpieces was absolutely inspired!
Invitations: Judy Grady at Stroudsmoor's bridal registry was amazing! They have giant binders filled with save the dates, invitations, and programs of all kinds for all budgets, and she was right there to help us find the ones we needed, and at a discount since we ordered through them.
Beauty and Health: Jessica Carbone and her team at The Spa at Stroudsmoor did a fantastic job with our bridal party's hair and makeup! Being able to get those services done at the same place right at Stroudsmoor was so helpful!
Wedding Cake/Catering: With 13 flavors of cake to choose from and multiple food and beverage packages, there is something for everyone. Their serving staff is beyond efficient, and are willing to cater to guests' dietary needs.
Rehearsal Dinner: The SCI Restaurant was the perfect place to eat after our rehearsal. Within walking distance to the venues, the evening buffets are absolutely delicious, and comes with dessert!
Ceremony/Reception Venue: Everyone loved Lawnhaven! The landscaping helps it feel private, even though the ceremony is outdoors. The ceremony chapel made for wonderful wedding photos. The reception building was beautiful; the windows at the side walls gave a great view, there was plenty of room for dancing while still feeling intimate.
Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake, Catering, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jamie 2 Reviews
We just got married here on June 29, 2014 at Lawnhaven. From day one, Stroudsmoor went above and beyond in their service. They worked with us to stay within our budget and made sure every last detail was set. I can honestly say that I would not have changed a thing about our wedding day. The flowers, the food, the attendants...everything was perfect. Three weeks later and we are still getting calls from friends and family to say what a great time they had and how beautiful Stroudsmoor was. Many have even said it was one of the best weddings they ever attended and I give a lot of credit to Linda (our coordinator), Jessie (did our flowers), Judy (did our invitations), and everyone else we worked with at Stroudsmoor for making that possible. I just wish it wasn't over!!! Thank you again for helping us have the wedding of our dreams, Stroudsmoor!
Wedding: 06/29/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything was amazing. We didn't have to worry about a thing for our entire wedding day. Our wedding coordinator took care of everything before hand and on the day. Our guests keep raving about the food, especially the hor d'oeuvres.
Wedding: 06/28/2014

Erica and... 2 Reviews
We worked with Cathleen Fillman, who was absolutely the most patient and helpful wedding consultant a bride could ask for! She was always available to answer my questions and assist in details of our wedding day so nothing would be missed. We were married at the Woodsgate, which was even more spectacular for its stunning outdoor feeling amidst beautiful tall hemlocks, with sunlight drifting through the leaves! The entire day was memorable and beautiful. My only suggestion is I would have made the ceremony hour a half hour longer (some how we started late? and that ran into our time for pictures after the wedding ceremony) and an extra half hour for dancing because it was so sad to have the event end! Thank you, Cathleen and the Stroudsmoor Country Inn, for a magical wedding day! We shall return soon to have another relaxing weekend.
Wedding: 06/22/2014

Private User 7 Reviews
My wedding was absolutely perfect. Everyone had such a great time. I'll start by saying that scenery alone is enough to take your breathe away. Aside from the natural beauty that in itself drops jaws, the food is phenomenal. Nobody can be disappointed by their assortment of dinners and horderves. I also have never tasted such a delicious cake in my entire life. It was so beautifully designed a lot of the guests didn't know it was real. Staff was responsive and available. Clean up was quick. They worked closely with my outside vendors. It was so perfect and so romantic. I highly recommend Stroudsmoor to all couples. They walk you through every step. They are professional and know EXACTLY what they are doing. Florist was overpriced and extremely rude when we didn't want her services.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough about Stroudsmoor as a wedding venue. Everything they did for my husband and me was above and beyond. We got wonderful compliments from everyone at our wedding about everything from the food, the views, down to the bartenders. We had Debbie as our coordinator for the day and Gayle as our server. Both made our night go as smooth as possible and were there to help with everything and anything. Linda was our wedding coordinator from the beginning and literally held our hand through it all. She knew what to expect when we didn't and even when a the unforeseen happened (nothing to do with Stroudsmoor), she was there to help save the day! Needless to say, my husband and I HIGHLY recommend using this venue for your wedding. We held our ceremony and reception at Ridgecrest venue on the property.
Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you would like your wedding to feel like a fairytale then Stroudsmoor is the place to get married. My husband and I had Barbara as our wedding coordinator and she always kept us on track as to what we should be doing at each appointment. Stroudsmoor also has a list of preferred vendors and you truly can't go wrong by using any of them. Our wedding ran so smoothly and we had no stress the day of the wedding. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was, how fantastic the food tasted and how great the staff was. If we could go back we wouldn't change a thing!
Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I got married in June of 2014 and had our reception at Stroudsmoor's Terraview location. Words cannot describe how pleased and happy we were with our wedding reception, thanks to the professionalism and quality of service/staff at the Stroudsmoor. Our wedding day was stress free and every detail we imagined for our special day was above and beyond anything we could have asked for, thanks to our responsive, helpful, and flexible event planner (Cathleen Fillman). The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, and everyone who was able to help celebrate our special day with us are still talking about how delicious the food was, how impressed they were with the Stroudsmoor and how beautiful everything turned out. Looking back, my husband and I would not have changed a single thing about our wedding day, particularly our venue choice. If only we could relive it all over again!

Lisa & Bruno
6/7/14
Wedding: 05/24/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Flowers, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We celebrated our daughter’s wedding on 5/17/14 at the SCI. It was truly everything we had hoped it would be and more. Our event planner Amy made sure every detail was perfect. We felt confident during the entire planning process that she had everything under control and she did! Colleen, the group lodging coordinator followed us to our rooms with an umbrella the day we arrived and offered to help us unpack our car! She was soaked!! As far as the ceremony and reception, Debbie and Gail tended to our every need. They were absolutely amazing!!! The bar staff was awesome and the wait staff’s attention to detail was impeccable!! At first we thought our table was being tended to in such a special way because we were the “parents of the bride”, but our family and friends described the same service at their tables. The cocktail hour was outstanding!! People are still talking about it. We knew SCI was noted for their cocktail hour and they did not disappoint! The dinner was outstanding as well. It’s not easy serving over 200 meals at one time and honestly our expectations were that of a “banquet quality”, but it was not! The filet mignon and lobster tail were amazing. We used many of the Stroudsmoor venders that day, Stroudsmoor Photography, Stroudsmoor Florist and the Stroudsmoor Bridal Salon and Spa. Each one of them was AMAZING! We don’t have room to expand in this review but they will each get their own wonderful review! We are “fussy” people, we have to admit, and the Stroudsmoor exceeded our expectations! EACH member of their staff makes it the amazing place that it is and because of every single one of them our daughter and her husband had the best day of their lives. We will be celebrating many more special occasions with the Stroudsmoor Country Inn.
Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn on May 17th 2014. I cannot say enough about how perfect every single aspect of the entire weekend was.

My bridal party stayed on site (Coleen delt with booking and was great!). The rooms were spotless and beautiful. My bridal party, myself, and my mother had hair and makeup done at the salon on site. Everyone looked amazing! I would highly recommend Christina for the bride and mother of the bride. She did hair and makeup for me and my mom and she was patient, really listened, and did EXACTLY what we wanted. John and Wanda were our photographers and were excellent. They were so much fun to work with throughout the day and evening! We could not be happier with the pictures. Susan was our florist, and is the most creative woman I have ever met! She knew exactly what I wanted and delivered PERFECTLY. From the moment I got to the Terraview for the ceremony, Debbie, Gayle (me and my husband's personal server for the night), and Amy (our event planner) were AMAZING. Every single detail was thought of. I cannot say enough about these women! All of my guests are still talking about the food and service. From the bartenders to waiters and bussers, the service was out of this world. Everything I ate was wonderful, and from what I heard most of my guests had not been to a wedding with such amazing food. The cocktail hour, from what all of my guests said, was wonderful. Our DJ was Gary from TAG DJs and he was amazing. The dance floor was filled pretty much all night, and the music was great. If you are considering having your wedding anywhere in northeast PA, you cannot go anywhere else. We are costumers for life!
Wedding: 05/17/2014
 800-955-8663
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire