Stroudsmoor Country Inn

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Wedding Planning: Amy Spangler, my wedding coordinator, was absolutely wonderful. Ben and I always looked forward to our meetings as she was always friendly, always willing to help if something came up, and even gave us different options and ideas when we weren't sure ourselves. She even helped to sew the loop of the bustle back onto my dress after it ripped before the ceremony!
Flowers/Favors and Gifts: Jessie Roth was a great help at Stroudsmoor's floral department. As we planned what type of floral arrangements we wanted for the ceremony and reception, she was always willing to adjust based on our budget and make changes afterwards. Her idea for our reception centerpieces was absolutely inspired!
Invitations: Judy Grady at Stroudsmoor's bridal registry was amazing! They have giant binders filled with save the dates, invitations, and programs of all kinds for all budgets, and she was right there to help us find the ones we needed, and at a discount since we ordered through them.
Beauty and Health: Jessica Carbone and her team at The Spa at Stroudsmoor did a fantastic job with our bridal party's hair and makeup! Being able to get those services done at the same place right at Stroudsmoor was so helpful!
Wedding Cake/Catering: With 13 flavors of cake to choose from and multiple food and beverage packages, there is something for everyone. Their serving staff is beyond efficient, and are willing to cater to guests' dietary needs.
Rehearsal Dinner: The SCI Restaurant was the perfect place to eat after our rehearsal. Within walking distance to the venues, the evening buffets are absolutely delicious, and comes with dessert!
Ceremony/Reception Venue: Everyone loved Lawnhaven! The landscaping helps it feel private, even though the ceremony is outdoors. The ceremony chapel made for wonderful wedding photos. The reception building was beautiful; the windows at the side walls gave a great view, there was plenty of room for dancing while still feeling intimate.
Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake, Catering, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jamie 2 Reviews
We just got married here on June 29, 2014 at Lawnhaven. From day one, Stroudsmoor went above and beyond in their service. They worked with us to stay within our budget and made sure every last detail was set. I can honestly say that I would not have changed a thing about our wedding day. The flowers, the food, the attendants...everything was perfect. Three weeks later and we are still getting calls from friends and family to say what a great time they had and how beautiful Stroudsmoor was. Many have even said it was one of the best weddings they ever attended and I give a lot of credit to Linda (our coordinator), Jessie (did our flowers), Judy (did our invitations), and everyone else we worked with at Stroudsmoor for making that possible. I just wish it wasn't over!!! Thank you again for helping us have the wedding of our dreams, Stroudsmoor!
Wedding: 06/29/2014

Private User 7 Reviews
My wedding was absolutely perfect. Everyone had such a great time. I'll start by saying that scenery alone is enough to take your breathe away. Aside from the natural beauty that in itself drops jaws, the food is phenomenal. Nobody can be disappointed by their assortment of dinners and horderves. I also have never tasted such a delicious cake in my entire life. It was so beautifully designed a lot of the guests didn't know it was real. Staff was responsive and available. Clean up was quick. They worked closely with my outside vendors. It was so perfect and so romantic. I highly recommend Stroudsmoor to all couples. They walk you through every step. They are professional and know EXACTLY what they are doing. Florist was overpriced and extremely rude when we didn't want her services.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough about Stroudsmoor as a wedding venue. Everything they did for my husband and me was above and beyond. We got wonderful compliments from everyone at our wedding about everything from the food, the views, down to the bartenders. We had Debbie as our coordinator for the day and Gayle as our server. Both made our night go as smooth as possible and were there to help with everything and anything. Linda was our wedding coordinator from the beginning and literally held our hand through it all. She knew what to expect when we didn't and even when a the unforeseen happened (nothing to do with Stroudsmoor), she was there to help save the day! Needless to say, my husband and I HIGHLY recommend using this venue for your wedding. We held our ceremony and reception at Ridgecrest venue on the property.
Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I got married in June of 2014 and had our reception at Stroudsmoor's Terraview location. Words cannot describe how pleased and happy we were with our wedding reception, thanks to the professionalism and quality of service/staff at the Stroudsmoor. Our wedding day was stress free and every detail we imagined for our special day was above and beyond anything we could have asked for, thanks to our responsive, helpful, and flexible event planner (Cathleen Fillman). The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, and everyone who was able to help celebrate our special day with us are still talking about how delicious the food was, how impressed they were with the Stroudsmoor and how beautiful everything turned out. Looking back, my husband and I would not have changed a single thing about our wedding day, particularly our venue choice. If only we could relive it all over again!

Lisa & Bruno
6/7/14
Wedding: 05/24/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Flowers, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you would like your wedding to feel like a fairytale then Stroudsmoor is the place to get married. My husband and I had Barbara as our wedding coordinator and she always kept us on track as to what we should be doing at each appointment. Stroudsmoor also has a list of preferred vendors and you truly can't go wrong by using any of them. Our wedding ran so smoothly and we had no stress the day of the wedding. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was, how fantastic the food tasted and how great the staff was. If we could go back we wouldn't change a thing!
Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We celebrated our daughter’s wedding on 5/17/14 at the SCI. It was truly everything we had hoped it would be and more. Our event planner Amy made sure every detail was perfect. We felt confident during the entire planning process that she had everything under control and she did! Colleen, the group lodging coordinator followed us to our rooms with an umbrella the day we arrived and offered to help us unpack our car! She was soaked!! As far as the ceremony and reception, Debbie and Gail tended to our every need. They were absolutely amazing!!! The bar staff was awesome and the wait staff’s attention to detail was impeccable!! At first we thought our table was being tended to in such a special way because we were the “parents of the bride”, but our family and friends described the same service at their tables. The cocktail hour was outstanding!! People are still talking about it. We knew SCI was noted for their cocktail hour and they did not disappoint! The dinner was outstanding as well. It’s not easy serving over 200 meals at one time and honestly our expectations were that of a “banquet quality”, but it was not! The filet mignon and lobster tail were amazing. We used many of the Stroudsmoor venders that day, Stroudsmoor Photography, Stroudsmoor Florist and the Stroudsmoor Bridal Salon and Spa. Each one of them was AMAZING! We don’t have room to expand in this review but they will each get their own wonderful review! We are “fussy” people, we have to admit, and the Stroudsmoor exceeded our expectations! EACH member of their staff makes it the amazing place that it is and because of every single one of them our daughter and her husband had the best day of their lives. We will be celebrating many more special occasions with the Stroudsmoor Country Inn.
Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn on May 17th 2014. I cannot say enough about how perfect every single aspect of the entire weekend was.

My bridal party stayed on site (Coleen delt with booking and was great!). The rooms were spotless and beautiful. My bridal party, myself, and my mother had hair and makeup done at the salon on site. Everyone looked amazing! I would highly recommend Christina for the bride and mother of the bride. She did hair and makeup for me and my mom and she was patient, really listened, and did EXACTLY what we wanted. John and Wanda were our photographers and were excellent. They were so much fun to work with throughout the day and evening! We could not be happier with the pictures. Susan was our florist, and is the most creative woman I have ever met! She knew exactly what I wanted and delivered PERFECTLY. From the moment I got to the Terraview for the ceremony, Debbie, Gayle (me and my husband's personal server for the night), and Amy (our event planner) were AMAZING. Every single detail was thought of. I cannot say enough about these women! All of my guests are still talking about the food and service. From the bartenders to waiters and bussers, the service was out of this world. Everything I ate was wonderful, and from what I heard most of my guests had not been to a wedding with such amazing food. The cocktail hour, from what all of my guests said, was wonderful. Our DJ was Gary from TAG DJs and he was amazing. The dance floor was filled pretty much all night, and the music was great. If you are considering having your wedding anywhere in northeast PA, you cannot go anywhere else. We are costumers for life!
Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough good things about Stroudsmoor!! They definitely exceeded our expectations!! We were in their Lawnhaven venue and it was perfect.
They made my planning process stress-free and fun. They guided me through decisions and explained what was required at each step along the way.. They went above and beyond to fulfill all of our requests.
The floral & decor department did a gorgeous job and did it all at a very reasonable price. They listened to what I liked and envisioned and managed to make it 100x better than I ever imagined.
The food was delicious!!! I had specific requests for Southern comfort foods and a BBQ style reception menu. They listened to what we wanted & they nailed it!! Our guests raved about the food!
The print department created cute invitations and programs based on our theme. These were VERY reasonably priced and came out beautifully.
It really helps and makes everything flow seamlessly to have so many services you need to pull off a wedding in one place. I would recommend the Stroudsmoor to anyone!!
Wedding: 05/11/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen 4 Reviews
We had our wedding at Woodsgate at Stroudsmoor Country Inn. We couldn't have been happier with the location, decor, our cake was gorgeous, service, staff, food, everything!! We live far from the venue and were unable to visit as often as we would have liked but Linda, our wedding coordinator, made everything so easy and wonderful. She is amazing at what she does. The food was incredible and so much more than we were expecting! We loved that after dinner, the staff went around to see if guests wanted seconds. We have never been to a wedding that did that!The staff was wonderful and so very kind. We have no complaints at all other than time flew by to fast! It was truly a fairy tale!
Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff at the Stroudsmoor country Inn were excellent. Would definitely have an event there again, the food was very good.
Wedding: 05/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We would like to personally thank Barbara Ciaramella and Susan Lebel for their unwavering attention to detail when planning our wedding, the staff is professional in every manner. We received so many compliments on the venue and the food is out of this world! These two wonderful women are my fairy god mothers, they made my dream wedding come true! I can not thank them enough but give them the accolades they deserve. I would highly recommend holding any event at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn.
Wedding: 04/26/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake, Catering, Flowers, Jewelry, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I knew Stroudsmoor was going to be our wedding venue when I walked into Woodsgate and immediately cried because it was so beautiful. Linda was our planner and is marvelous. She kept me on a planning schedule that I was never stressed, and answered every email and question (major or minor) the same day. Her assistant, Larissa, is just as wonderful. The day of the wedding she was waiting for me to HOLD MY TRAIN for pictures. She even curled my hair for me when I needed a touch up. I can’t make up this type of service it's so great.
Jessie did my flowers/décor. I was pretty specific and not really a laid back bride, but when I walked into the room on the day of, I cried more than I did at the ceremony! It was so spectacular and even better than I could have imagined. She's so creative and easy to work with and it was truly so beautiful.
Judy in the bridal suite is amazing. She is patient and talented and provided me with such great help with my save the dates, invites, and place cards. She contacted the printers for me on multiple occasions to make sure they could do what I wanted. She even worked with Jessie to have the pattern from the invite envelope liner printed for our wine favor labels!
The girls at the salon (Jessica and the entire Shear Design staff) were fantastic and made myself and all of my girls (and moms!) look so wonderful.
The food and hors dourves and overall day-of service was unbelievable. Colleen in lodging was helpful the entire time of planning our room block. Chelsea was our day-of manager at Woodsgate and helped things run smoothly. Our server, Sam, was so sweet and I received a lot of compliments on how attentive she was to my bridal party. The bartenders were also very professional (our friends can get a little rowdy!)
If you want a stress free, professional, AMAZING wedding planning experience…and then wedding … do yourself a favor and consider Stroudsmoor. There is no way you could be disappointed.
Wedding: 04/25/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake, Catering, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Kristy 2 Reviews
When my husband and I first started looking for a venue, we honestly found ourselves to be completely overwhelmed. We were lost in a sea of mediocre country clubs, overpriced restaurants and massive venues that just weren't appealing. Then we stumbled across Stroudsmoor. It was the first and only place we toured. As soon as we saw Woodsgate, we knew it was perfect. And that was just the beginning. The Stroudsmoor Country Inn truly does provide an all in one service for couples getting married there. I was completely inexperienced with weddings, having never been in one and only attending one previously, and having our florist, cateror, beauty salon, etc all on one complex made it so easy. And speaking of making things easy.. our event planner Corinne was a god send! She kept my scattered brain on track and made sure everything ran perfectly smoothly leading up to and on the big day. I literally didn't have to worry about anything the day of. She made sure every one was on time, everything was set up, and we were always where we were supposed to be.

Everything about our big day was truly incredible. The floral team did a beautiful job with our decorations, everyone raved how good the food was, and most importantly, we all had a blast! Stroudsmoor far exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier that we chose it as our venue. If you're having a smaller wedding and are looking for something a bit rustic with a ton of charm, check out Woodsgate!
Wedding: 04/19/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had an amazing day, and couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out. Our planning process was condensed down into about 4 months, but everyone was accommodating and helped us to stay on track. Linda, Larissa, Ryan and all the servers did an incredible job, making us feel at ease, helping guide us through the ceremony and reception, and taking care of our every need. All of our friends and family had only wonderful things to say about the Stroudsmoor - from the beautiful scenery and venue, to the stellar service and delicious food. Linda introduced us to our fantastic vendors, Susanne Wilson (officiant) and Susie Forrester (photographer) - they were an absolute pleasure to work with. We absolutely look forward to returning there for anniversaries and other celebrations.
Wedding: 04/13/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything about our experience with stroudsmoor was wonderful. They made everything so easy right from the beginning. I never felt stressed while planning, even though my fiance and I put everything together from California. The entire staff at stroudsmoor was always just a call or an email away and was extremely quick to answer and help with anything. As for the day of our wedding, it was absolutely perfect. From the minute we stepped out of the limo, we were immediately greeted and helped every step of the way. The reception flowed smoothly and all of our guests were continuously commenting on how wonderful everything was. Stroudsmoor is THE best and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a venue.
Wedding: 04/12/2014
 800-955-8663
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire