Steve's DJ Service

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Everything was better than we expected. We had an amazing wedding day thanks to Steve’s DJ Service! From our initial meeting with Shirley who gave us advice and suggestions all while making our wedding day our own. Our meeting with Steve and Shirley before the wedding was great. We wanted songs mixed for the dances with our parents and they came out amazing! On the wedding day we did not have to worry about anything. Steve and Shirley were perfect! In addition to an amazing sound system he also did an amazing job with the lighting. He has top of the line equipment and did an amazing light show for us. They made sure everyone was happy and where they needed to be at the right time. Steve always checked in to make sure we were following my timeline and that my husband and I were having a great time. People still talk about how fun our party was and that was due to Steve who made sure the music he played kept people on the dance floor while still including the songs we asked for.
If you want a DJ company who will have your guests talking and keep you relaxed on your big day Steve’s DJ Service! is you only choice! Steve and Shirley - thank you for playing a huge part in making our wedding the best day!
Wedding: 03/22/2014
Danced the Night Away
I had my wedding this February 14th and I am so glad we used Steve’s DJ Service.

We used their DJ services and they supplied uplighting as well. We were thoroughly pleased by the services. Shirley was amazing to work with. She made the overall experience and planning process easy and smooth. She even was there that night at our wedding to make sure everything went just right. She was a fantastic event planner and co-ordinator. Just common sense things like placement of the disc jockey beside the dance floor, instead of in a far corner of the room as laid out by the banquet manager, made an incredible difference.

Steve O. had lit our space before and knew exactly what to do with the space and lighting. They were open to all our suggestions and helped us create a warm and classy lighting effect. It turned out so romantic and beautiful.

For our DJ, we had Steve O and he was fantastic! He played everything we wanted to hear and kept our dance floor hopping the entire night. I've never seen so many people dancing at a wedding. It was non-stop. Announcements were very professional and everyone could easily hear him “Pump up the crowd”. Steve achieved the right amount of interactiveness with our guests.

Steve’s DJ has a great online form where you as the customer can select and fill out which music you want played and what you don't want played. It was easy to set up our play list for the night and to view other music that was popular with other people, to add to our list.

All the Steve’s DJ staff was extremely helpful and met with us on a couple occasions to plan and prepare for our special night.

A huge thanks to Steve’s DJ Service and I highly recommend them for any wedding or any function!
Dan
Wedding: 02/14/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Having a good DJ was the most important thing on my vendor list
We used DJ Steve or OSHOCK. 5 stars doesn't give them enough credit for what a great job he did with our wedding. From day 1, Steve was very open to our ideas, in constant contact with me and always knew exactly who I was. I felt like I was talking with a friend, not a vendor. I had very specific directions for what I wanted done, and Steve did everything with such ease, even complimenting me on some of our ideas. Having a good DJ was the most important thing on my vendor list, and I couldn't be more happy with our choice to use Steve’s DJ Service.. While Steve managed to do all the music perfectly, he was equally awesome in his announcements and pumping up the crowd. He had every single person in our reception up out of their seats jumping for our grand entrance. How awesome is that? Transitioning from one thing to another was a blast because of Steve's creativity! He even encouraged and helped my sister, the MOH, when she was nervous about her speech. What MC does that? All the way around Steve’s DJ Service was a perfect choice and our wedding was so much fun because of them!! We received a survey via email and one of the questions was, "If you were to change one thing about your DJ and MC what would it be?" Our answer: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Thank you Steve’s DJ Service!
Jordan and Janet’s Wedding: 11/09/2013
Wedding: 11/09/2013
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Private User 1 Reviews
Top Notch Performance!
Dear Steve and Shirley,

We would like to take the opportunity to share with you our sincere gratitude and satisfaction with the incredible job provided by Steve’s DJ Service at our Wedding on Oct. 5,2013. We could not be more pleased with the quality of service from start to finish, and were, frankly, blown away by the professionalism and ease at which Steve and Shirley displayed in while orchestrating such a fun and memorable party!

After reading other reviews, we came with high expectations for Steve’s DJ. From the first meeting, we knew we made the right choice. Steve and Shirley listened to our vision carefully, taking detailed notes and clarifying when needed. They clearly understood what we were looking for, and helped us refine the details. Throughout the process, they were responsive to questions, concerns etc, and helped us personalize the song list without feeling burdened or harangued.

Steve and Shirley helped find the requested songs, and ultimately put together an amazing play list based on our guidance. We didn’t hear a single song we didn’t like, and all of the must-plays were there. Perhaps the greatest testament to the amazing job done by the team was the fact that the dance floor was full all night for every song. We received plenty of compliments from guests as well for the music selection and Emcee. Steve was able to guide the crowd and keep them energized while maintaining a high-class composure. He was incredibly smooth as he moved from jazz to funk to hip-hop to Irish music.

Steve’s DJ Service comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, as we would not hesitate to hire them again. We expected a lot from them, and they delivered above and beyond. They offer exceptional value and quality for the price. If you’d like to entertain and not stress about it, look no further.

Thanks again for a wonderful night!
Harvey and Tara
Our Wedding at Windermere
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Steve’s DJ Service is hands down the best wedding DJ.Look no further because they are simply amazing at what they do. If there was a way to triple the star count here, I would! Steve’s DJ Service made our wedding unforgettable and did it at a price we could afford.
We were married on September 27, 2013 and from the very beginning, Steve and Shirley made time to meet in person, answer emails, and came many hours early to the wedding reception to ensure everything went off without a hitch. They are so beyond prepared and he made us feel completely at ease.
They worked with us to identify just the right music for cocktail hour and dinner, and Steve O was completely comfortable on the microphone to introduce those who gave speeches, the first Dance, the cake cutting, etc. Steve’s DJ used all of his own equipment and was able to get absolutely any song we wanted, including some more obscure requests.
The dancing was incredible- everyone was on the floor the entire night- he played funk, soul, old-school hip-hop, and top 40, and he mixed all of the songs just perfectly. Steve can read the room and play music that gets the crowd on their feet!! Our guests have not stopped talking about how awesome the music was at our wedding.Besides being an awesome DJ, Steve is a nice person and genuinely wants to make your day special- he truly empathizes with all there is to do that day and does what he can to ease the burden.

Thanks Steve and Shirley for a fantastic job!
Wedding: 09/27/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Steve’s DJ Service is amazing to work with!
I was out last weekend at a wedding show with my sister and we saw Steve’s DJ Service there. They dj-ed my wedding last year on August 10th and I was so glad to recommend them in person to my sister.
About two or three weeks before our wedding we decided we wanted a DJ to play during our ceremony and dinner hour (as opposed to doing it ourselves with some borrowed speakers and an ipod). Even though we were super last minute Steve and Shirley were friendly, communicative, and able to help us out. He even provided us a speaker for our rehearsal at a minor additional cost.
DJ Shirley was our Wedding DJ and she was very professional, friendly, and did such a great job with the music. We gave Steve and DJ Shirley about ten songs to base the playlist off of and they really knocked it out of the park! Everyone at the wedding thought they did a fantastic job.
Steve’s played during the dinner/cocktail hour and we had DJ Shirley for the ceremony, dinner and reception – she did a great job with all the music. During our dinner she visited each table and took their request to dance to. After our first dances were finished she started playing all the best songs from every table’s requests and got everyone into it. I would most definitely recommend Steve’s DJ Service for any event you have coming up!
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Sue 1 Reviews
This review is currently being verified This review is currently being verified.
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
i have know steve for a while and he made the night so entertaining he was deffinately worth it. thank you steve for a teriffic night
Steve's DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Krysta, thanks so much for taking the time to complete the review. We're sorry that it seems that we let you down in a couple of areas. Further feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Wedding: 02/18/2012
This is the second time that I have used Steve's
DJ services. Both times we have been so happy
with the job he did. I recommend his services
every chance I get. He plays to the crowd
perfectly!
Steve's DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thanks so much for the nice words, Nicolle and Jay. It was our great pleasure to be a part of your very special day!
Wedding: 09/24/2011
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Steves DJ was very professional and was accommodating to what we required.
Steve's DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thanks so much for your review. Next time, I hope that we can pull off a perfect rating for you!
Wedding: 09/23/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Steve's Dj Service was an asset to my daughter's wedding. Steve the DJ was very kind, understanding and helpful in making the right choices for the crowd.

Even in the planning stages, Steve's DJ service was prompt in answering any questions or concerns. He was on time, great sound, variety of music and accepted any request made by the guests.

I would reccomend Steve's DJ service to all for any occassion.

Well done Steve and the staff of Steve's DJ Service. You helped make a beautiful day, perfect.

Lisa Catania
Steve's DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thanks so much for your wonderful review Lisa!
Wedding: 06/18/2011