St. Louis Zoo

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

absolutely stunning! The staff is great and the venue is awesome! I highly suggest a reception at Lakeside Cafe. at night the place really transformed.

Recently Married

The zoo staff was absolutely amazing. Jason went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for the event. The zoo even took into account the polar bear opening and provided additional covered parking with transportation for all of our guest. The venue was beautiful and was such a transformation from the daily zoo that we all know and love.

Carra
10/18/2014
4.7

We had our wedding reception at the St. Louis Zoo River Camp location. It was a beautiful space and with the addition to our added decor, we were very happy with how it turned out. The patio was a great addition and everyone loved the aquarium right next to the dance floor. We went with the wedding package, and while it was a bit on the pricey side, you definitely get a lot for what you're paying for, including our two meal choices, an open bar, appetizers and champagne toast, just to name a few. Jason was great and easy to work with and made sure everything was to our liking so that we could have the perfect wedding reception. I highly recommend the St. Louis Zoo for a cool and fun reception spot!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

*Full review on Yelp due to character limitations*

Centrally situated in the beautiful Forest Park, it's hard to beat the lovely surroundings of the park alongside the manicure grounds the Zoo offers.

The Zoo has quite a few unconventional facilities to choose from. And the Zoo is a turn-key alternative for the Brides who fancy natural space!

The process in booking and detailing your wedding is efficient and effective. The Zoo's catering procedures are cut and dry; and explicitly outlined online.

It's not hard to highlight all the staff as well-polished at the Zoo. Operations seem to be a beautiful hybrid of museum structure meets attentive catering. There was never an instance where I felt my persnickety ways were undermined. They truly defined what it meant to listen and execute my precise visions.

The Zoo knows how to throw a party! Through consideration of the Chef, I was able to craft a menu custom to my needs and palate. I seeked for a menu serving passed appetizers, an array of displayed cheeses and not the typical proteins of salmon and pork-loin. I received a variety of compliments on the menu and how greatly tended the bar was.

As a non-profit, public attraction, the Zoo can save you thousands as it is Tax-Free. Having your wedding at the Zoo means you're doing it for the animals! I was able to give back AND celebrate. All proceeds go directly back into the habitats that our community frequents year round.

Holding an event at the Saint Louis Zoo isn't about all the reasons you can't go wrong, it's about how you will get it right.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough great things about our reception at the St. Louis Zoo - Lakeside Cafe! First of all, the venue itself was amazing. It was a really nice evening, so we fully-utilized the huge deck over the lake. We had a run-time from 6:30-11pm, and did a cocktail hour on the deck, then dinner and dancing inside. With 160 people and a seated dinner, 8-piece band, there was plenty of room. The food - FANTASTIC. We're still hearing compliments. The Zoo has their own catering company, which was nice because I thought the value was much better and food was MUCH better than the other venues in Forest Park who have specific caterers. We worked mainly with Sarah, who I cannot say enough good things about. She was attentive, friendly, very responsive! and truly cared about the event. The on-site staff was amazing, and made my Husband and I feel as though we had no worries that night! The animal greeters were my favorite part :)

If I were to do it over again, I wouldn't change a thing. The Zoo was such a special venue, and it was SUCH a fun night!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect place for a unique wedding!

2+ years ago

The St. Louis Zoo was wonderful to work with from beginning to end. They have multiple event spots that are wonderful - we chose River Camp for its size, it's unique location, the neat aquarium, and the ability to use their outdoor patio. Jason, our event coordinator, was very gracious with us. We were planning this wedding from a distance (we live in NY) but he was very responsive to our emails and calls.

They do require that they use the on-site catering services, but the wedding package is a great value and made catering decisions very easy. My guests loved the food.

Day of, the event staff were incredibly helpful and ensured everything went smoothly. The food service staff were wonderful as well.

The room size ended up being perfect for our 115 guests, even when the bar had to be moved inside due to spotty rain.

A very good experience from beginning to end; made planning our reception incredibly easy.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't be more thankful to have held our reception at the St. Louis Zoo Living World. By far, the zoo is the most inclusive reception site we found. The staff was incredibly professional, responsive, and knowledgable. Jason made our vision come to life! Everything was perfect from start to finish! I strongly recommend the St. Louis Zoo for anyone looking for a stress free and unique reception venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception at the lakeside cafe. rave reviews for every step of the process. Sarah was great to work with, and Maggie (the night of coordinator) even delivered our cake topper to our hotel at 2AM after the reception to make sure that we got it! Would do it all over again at the zoo in a heartbeat.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception at the Zoo. Our event manager, Jason Moder, and day-of facilitator, Mary, were incredibly helpful and responsive to all of our questions and needs the day of. Each of our vendors were contacted ahead of time to coordinate delivery and set-up, and all the staff was willing to help us with our last minute requests. The site at the South Entrance was beautiful, and I am happy that we took Jason's recommendation to walk out from the stairway above the ceremony. The staff as a whole were seasoned professionals and knew exactly what worked best for the venue. All of our guests were thrilled with the site and complimented how smoothly things went and were handled. We highly recommend the Zoo for weddings, and any other special occasions.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

It is like hiring a wedding planner! These guys do it all and took the stress out of my PERFECT event!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had Sarah T. as our event coordinator, she was the best to work with. We had a different day of coordinator, Her name was Mary Lou, She tried really hard but she didnt live up to the expectations that we had for the zoo. I would ask for a different day of coordinator..But the location was beautiful and our entire families had such a good time

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

The staff was extremely accommodating during the planning process and up to through the wedding itself. Jason, Holly, and Don were fantastic all the way through. They were flexible when we had last minute changes and did not nickle/dime us at all. They also coordinated well with our other vendors. I would recommend them to anyone. Great service, no tax (because they're a non-profit), reasonable prices, and nice people. Also, the Living World is gorgeous at night.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved everything about our zoo wedding. Sarah Thalmann was our coordinator, and she was fantastic. We had some odd requests (we wanted to bring in a large kissing booth, cotton candy, etc) and all were accommodated with grace. The staff the day of seemed to anticipate our needs before we could even verbalize them. Thanks so much to everyone who made our day perfect!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Working with the Saint Louis Zoo was a wonderful experience. They were completely professional and were a good value. A wonderful cake from Encore Bakery in Maplewood was included in the price of the dinner/drinks package. Jason Moder and his entire team really worked hard to make sure eveything was perfect and taken care of. It unfortunately rained twice the day of our outdoor ceremony and lakeside reception. The team at the Zoo worked so hard to make it all happen and everything still went perfectly. They made the neccesary adjustments and made sure everything still flowed as smooth as possible. Also, our guests were very pleased with the food. I absolutely recommend using the Zoo as both a ceremony and reception location. They helped create the wedding of my dreams. Thanks!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our ceremony and our reception at the St. Louis Zoo. Sarah Thalmann was our facilitator and was wonderful. She was always quick in responding to my emails and answered every question we had while proviing advice along the way. Our ceremony was at the South Entrance and the entry down the staircase was everything a bride could ask for. In Mid-October the trees are turning colors and make for some beautiful pictures. We were also provided with a day of coordinator who kept us on schedule, took us around in a golf cart and made sure everything went smoothly.

The food is amazing and the catering staff is superb. We were talking to guests while dinner was served and we arrived back at the table to find that they had left our entrees covered and a member of the staff immediately appeared to remove the cover and hand us our napkins. You also get more for your money than any other locations we looked at and there is no tax.

If you have a smaller group (under 140) I highly recommend River Camp for your reception as it is a location that is only open for events so your guests won't have seen it. There's also an aquarium and an outdoor patio which our guests loved.