St. John Wedding Planner (KatiLady)

St. John Wedding Planner (KatiLady)

Favorite
Cruz Bay, VI
340.693.8500
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

What an amazing wedding and location.

Recently Married

We were beyond satisfied with Weddings by Katilady. She does an amazing job and would absolutely recommend her!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Leigh
05/24/2014

Kati was fantastic and made planning our destination wedding in St. John so easy. The event flowed flawlessly and everyone had a fantastic time. We also had a special catering request to have the entire wedding be gluten-free, and Kati delivered a delicious menu (even gluten-free wedding cake and key lime pie) that everyone loved. Couldn't recommend her more highly for planning a wedding on St. John.

Liz
04/20/2014

Katherine Steinborn, known as Weddings By Katilady was outstanding on all levels in preparing a wedding weekend for our daughter and 65 guests. Guests traveled from all over the US to be a part of 4 separate events to share with family and friends to experience the island of St John and enjoy this special life memory. We live in the Northeast, Boston area. Our daughter had lived on St John, this is where she met her husband. They requested a small wedding barefoot on the beach, however that small wedding also had a specific vision which included a high level of expectations and quality. Kati pulled it all together; from identifying Villas for accommodations, a fabulous caterer, outstanding florist, world class videographer, transportation, decorations and the list goes on..... Kati supported and guided us with a calm and comforting level of professionalism. This was my first hosting of a wedding and I could not have done it with out Kati by my side. It is imperative to have local knowledge on your side to coordinate all the moving parts that are required to host your event. Once you arrive on island your goal should be to enjoy the experience you have created and let Kati take the reigns. I was honored to have worked with Katilady.

Services Used: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Hilary
04/20/2014
4.7

As the sister of the bride and the maid of honor, KatiLady was the most amazing planner and allowed us to enjoy every one of our special events flawlessly! Not only did she help us collaborate on every nuance of our guest's arrivals, but she also helped us tie together every specific detail we could think of, and her great taste and expertise complimented our families vibes tremendously! KatiLady made our entire wedding experience possible, and without her it would have been impossible, because she is the best wedding planner St. John has and will ever see! Currently I am pursuing a event management degree at GW, and I know KatiLady's goal is to perform and makes sure the entire bridal party is happy, and she will deliver!

1+ year ago

Kati did a fantastic job of managing the details of our wedding on St John, USVI. Although my fiancé and I had lived there and had many contacts, the reality of pulling off a wedding in the islands is that there are a LOT of moving pieces and parts, and Kati being on the ground and helping to organize and visualize everything was fantastic. She got along great with my mother in law and the bride as well as worked well with the vendors we chose--special bonus: she makes cakes and did a hell of a job on the Carrot Cake we had at our wedding! Highly recommended for anyone wanting to get married in the paradise of the USVI!

Robin
03/16/2014

We planned our wedding via internet from the US. Kate was great, always responded quickly and made everything go so smooth. Couldn't ask for a better day!

Services Used: Officiant

My wedding turned out to be everything I could have hopes for. I could not have done it without Kati. She was very professional and kind. Her great attention to detail really made our day special. I would definitely recommend her as a wedding planner. She went above and beyond.

Pamela
03/01/2014

Kati was the consummate professional in planning my son's wedding on St. John. Every detail was attended to and she stayed late into the evening at the reception to ensure that everything flowed smoothly from beginning to end. She provides top notch services for a very fair price. All of her vendors were first rate as well. She obviously has a lot of experience in planning weddings on St. John and can provide those special little tips that make a difference. She is also a dynamite caterer. She provided dishes for our rehearsal dinner, as well as the beautiful wedding cake.

Services Used: Band, Catering, DJ, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Matthew
03/01/2014

Kati was phenomenal. In planning a destination wedding, we were worried about certain things that we could not see and review such as flowers and cake. Kati only had our ideas and some pictures to go off of. When we arrived, everything was perfect. We were ready for a couple items not to be what we imagined, but there were none. We are so pleased with all of Kati's hard work and dedication to our wedding. We were just one wedding on her long list of weddings for this year, but she treated it as her own and gave us more than we could imagine.

lauren
01/31/2014
4.1

Kati was a pleasure to work with. The day went so well and it was such a relief to have her take care of everything. Kati and I worked together for over a year and she provided great guidance and advise. She clearly knows the island and has a great network and relationships. Because she has been doing this for so long, at times I did feel like I had to push her a bit to think outside the box, but it didn't take much and because she has those relationships, she was able to meet our needs and a few times saved us $! You do have to check her work on some of the details - there was a lot of back and forth on her invoices because of things she had overlooked. But I see these as smaller issues and the final product was amazing. I would certainly recommend her as a planner should you decide to get married in St. John.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

After looking for a wedding coordinator on St John that was licensed for St John beach weddings and did wedding AND reception coordination - I found Kati with Katilady. I cannot say enough about how perfect our wedding was. It was beyond my expectations and everything was taken care of. I did not worry or do one thing the entire day except enjoy myself! We had so much fun and the vendors she suggested were all amazing. It can be confusing trying to plan from afar but Kati was responsive to all my emails and calls. She met with us the day before the wedding - I had made some decorative items I wanted placed out and she took them and did exactly as I had asked. I really cannot say more - if you are looking for a wedding planner on St John... choose Kati, you will not be disappointed!

1+ year ago

From a mans perspective, the only thing that matters is that the bride is calm and happy. Kati did a great job of making this happen. She took care of all of the small details that made everything go off without a hitch. If you are planning on getting married on St John, I would highly recommend using Katilady to take care of all the planning and details.

Services Used: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Nikki
08/06/2013

Kati,
Thank you so much for planning and organizing everything for the wedding. It was greatly appreciated. You made everything I had described that I had wanted through emails come to life. I had never visited the USVI before this wedding trip and left a lot of things in your hands and you truly amazed me. From the flowers, to the choice of beach, time of day, cake, dinner suggestions and reservations, along with the amazingly kind and knowledgeable staff. We truly had a wonderful time and the wedding was everything I thought it would be and MORE!! By far this was the most beautiful place we had ever seen.
Thanks again everything was amazing!!!
Nikki and Cameron

St. John Wedding Planner (KatiLady) responded with the following comments:

You can't imagine how happy that makes me. Being able to share my love of St. John with my newlyweds is the best job in the world. Thank you so much for letting me and my team be a part of your special day. Please let us know if you visit us again. Warmest Regards, Kati

Katherine
07/27/2013

Kati was THE best, most professional, wonderful wedding planner...hands down! She made our special day even more special. Flowers were perfect, cake was perfect, ceremony was perfect....everything was perfect! I had zero stress & was able to enjoy every second of my day! Kati goes above & beyond....she loves to please & takes great pride in her work! I cant thank her enough for everything she did!
Kat & Mike Hill

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Officiant, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Crispin
07/12/2013

Katilady provided a beautiful Wedding cake for a reception. The bride was delighted with it and started crying when we unveiled it, because it was everything she wanted.

Services Used: Catering