SQN Events

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Ashley Crawford as our wedding coordinator and could not have been happier with her. Ashley was so professional, always available and went above and beyond to plan out every detail of the day and put our minds at ease. Not one thing went wrong on the day of the wedding, and I definitely attribute a lot of that to Ashley. She had a plan for everything, from keeping people on schedule, to even helping us cut the cake, haha. We loved her. If you are looking for someone to help with making your big day go smoothly, you will not be disappointed with hiring her

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Anna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beth was great at holding my hand and making me feel secure that it was all going to turn out well. She was also able to turn us on to some wonderful vendors for the wedding, and she made all the appointments.We love the photographer – Kevin Weinstein; The band - SWAY - was fabulous! They kept everybody dancing every minute, and everyone loved them. The florist was spectacular. Richard Remiard made the room look magical! The invitations from Elizabeth Grace were just beautiful. Beth seems to have a wonderful relationship with all of these different vendors and that was very helpful to us. Beth also worked very well with the people at the standard club who are absolutely amazing at putting on a wedding. I would do it all again, with Beth has my planner, in a heartbeat.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beth helped plan our 8-16-14 wedding. Living in Boston, we knew a planner was a must, and we’re so happy with our decision to hire Beth! Beth was very responsive to all of our emails (which was especially important to us living so far away). We managed to make ALL of our decisions within three short visits to Chicago. Because Beth is so attentive to detail and organized, she had every meeting set up and emailed us our itinerary beforehand. Since we weren’t living in Chicago anymore, it was hard to know which vendors to choose. She helped narrow our choices (based on my style) on everything from florist, décor, invitations, photographer/videographer, food, you-name- it!

Aside from her keen “business” side, Beth’s personal style is already on-point, so making my vision a reality was pure perfection. That being said, the team she worked with was nothing short of AMAZING!! I still have people talking about the wedding saying there’s no way it can be topped (so true!). You can truly tell Beth is thought of highly in the Chicago wedding industry.

My wedding day, was honestly the most relaxing, seamless and fun days I’ll always remember! Because I was so well taken care of, I forgot how hard everyone else was working at that time to make my wedding so fabulous. Beth had two assistants working with her that day as well as a stylist (Tonya was beyond-words-amazing) who took care of my bridesmaids and even had to hand tie all the groomsmen’s bowties (poor thing!). As nerve wracking as it may seem, I did not know a single thing that was going on behind the scenes – this goes from the trolleys picking up the guests from the hotel, to the vendors setting up (times they were arriving to the venue), take down, etc. If something went wrong, I still have no clue to this day!

I’ll say it a million times, hiring Beth was the BEST decision we could have made for our wedding! Thank you for everything :)

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Lindsey! It was so much fun working with you and Nate over the past year! I am so happy to hear you were thrilled with the results. I know I am biased, but that wedding was SPECTACULAR!! Glad we are keeping in touch! xoxo

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beth is fun, professional and knows everybody in town. I have never met anyone more responsive than Beth in the industry. We trusted her completely and she did not fail.

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Linda! I had a BLAST working with you!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beth was absolutely fantastic - my wedding could not have happened without her! She had an innate sense of attention to detail that can't be matched. The little touches she put on our wedding were fantastic - chalkboards with our hashtag for the bar area, hiring an extra assistant to help with the girls' dressing needs, and preparing some alone time for my husband and I to enjoy food and drinks during our wedding. She was responsive, organized, and a joy to work with. Her referrals for rehearsal dinner venues, florists, and other services were fantastic. She really made this whole process wonderful.

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the kind word, Laura! I loved everything about your wedding -- especially working with you, Alex, and your mom. Can't wait to see the photos and relive the day all over! xo

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SQN Events provided superlative and consultative service. The owner, Beth, is extremely hands-on and involved in every last detail. From the very beginning, she listened to our vision, made valuable suggestions, and participated in the process. This included not only attending vendor appointments, but contributing to the meetings as both a trusted advisor and (what felt like to me anyway!) a big sister. Many of the vendors we worked with were suggestions from SQN Events; we found that this experience and those connections in the industry were tremendously helpful. SQN Events always looked out for our interests and provided helpful opinions when needed. Responsiveness is critical and eased my mind. One day, I texted Beth asking her what she thought of my beard and if I should try it out for the big day. The response I received was one I will never forget. Beth told me that I needed to do what made me feel like I looked my best. She pointed out that in 10 or 20 years from now, when I look back at the wedding photos, what would I want to see? What made me look my best? This is the kind of advice that goes beyond just "event planning"...there was a very personal connection, and yet it was so professional, in that she made it my decision, and coached me to use my best judgement. Beth's associate, Ashley, was also amazing on the "day-of". I never felt like anything went wrong, and trusted that I could relax and enjoy the day. Her professionalism truly shined. Our every wish was granted that day. My husband, Brian, and I felt like kings (well maybe queens!) that day. SQN Events wholeheartedly contributed to making our dreams come true on the most significant day of our lives. We're forever smiling...and now I want to plan another event!

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Chris! Ashley and I had so much fun working with you and Brian. It was such a beautiful and meaningful day celebrating your 16-year partnership. xoxo

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Chris
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would (and have) recommend Beth to any friend getting married. She was such an asset to the whole process and she went above and beyond what we could have expected of her. She was present for every single vendor meeting and could always offer valuable advice. Beth is well known in the industry and had solid relationships with all of our vendors which made our wedding day run smoothly.

Thank you, Kiki!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Caroline
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I've seen it said in other reviews and it almost feels cliche to say, but hiring Beth really was one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. I'll try to be specific so that this review isn't too redundant of all the other raves!

We had booked a lot of our major vendors for our December wedding but by mid-summer reached the point where we were about to sign contracts for a lot of money for things we didn't understand - I didn't know how to tell if a floral proposal was reasonable for my expectations or what good ways to compromise were. I didn't know how to feel about draping, and I felt like I had lost control of our budget, so we decided we could really use the help of a planner and wanted advice that went beyond day-of coordination.

Beth stood out to us among other planners we interviewed because we could tell she would be willing to take charge and handle tough situations while truly being our advocate and helping us bring our vision to life. We talked to a few planners who seemed a little too low key and one who was going to be way too much. Beth struck the perfect balance of supportive and assertive for us. (and sure enough, she was able to grab the drink out of an unruly groomsman's hand before walking down the aisle and be an incredibly positive support through the entire process)

Every one of the vendors that Beth set us up with was awesome, including some last minute plans when our original plans fell through, like our rehearsal dinner location closing a couple weeks before the wedding or a major element of the ceremony that my brother was making not getting done.

the best part though? I left my phone at the hotel on my wedding day. I didn't worry about timing for anything because I knew Beth had it under control and I was able to be totally present.

Seriously, this lady is awesome :)

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Sarah! You and Sam were a joy to work with and your wedding was truly special. I loved the focus on the ceremony (which I always believe is the most important aspect) and the inclusion of the Havdallah service made it truly memorable and meaningful. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your planning and special day! xo

• Wedding: 12/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You only get one opportunity to make a FIRST impression. As soon as we concluded our first meeting, we knew that  Beth Bernstein of SQN would be our wedding planner. She met us on a Sunday after overseeing a large wedding the night before and a post wedding breakfast the day of our appointment. It would have been perfectly understandable had she put off our appointment due to fatigue but I liked that she didn't because it told me that Beth had the grit to do "one more thing" and remain calm and self-possessed while doing it. She had a "soft" businesslike approach: an appropriate amount of non-squealing enthusiasm for the emotional part of an engagement and wedding, perfectly balanced with a thorough pragmatism with the unromantic aspects like the budget.

The 15 months of working together did indeed reinforce our first impressions. Beth's diverse knowledge base helped us find the perfect venue and to assemble a team of people in their various fields of expertise whom she had already vetted and trusted. Beth was highly organized and disciplined, demanding the same from her vendors so time was not wasted and we maintained a certain "cadence" to the process. She had excellent rapport with her colleagues and they clearly respected and wanted to please her. During our time together, when all was not sunny, Beth did not shy away from confrontation and offered multiple ways to resolve the issue.

In summary, it is a given that Beth will produce a beautiful and romantic product - a wedding that will make you happy. But it is her solid skill set of gatekeeping, timekeeping, and decision making that will make the process enjoyable for the bride and the family. We look back on the year that we worked with Beth and can say it was a fun and exciting ride and the end result, Monica and Jack's wedding, was spectacular. Thank you, Beth
WSanders

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

I cannot tell you how much your trust and faith in me means. I feel like Monica & Jack's wedding was a true collaboration with you, Monica, and our wonderful creative partners (Hello Darling, Kenny Nakai, and of course, the Trump). Not only did we have fun, but we produced a truly one-of-a-kind wedding that made every guest's experience special and meaningful. xoxo

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Wanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SQN Events, and more specifically, Ashley Crawford, was the perfect wedding planner for us. We really could not have been more pleased with the services that were provided -- from beginning to end. Our wedding night went off without a hitch & was everything we had imagined (and more), which, was in large part due to Ashley's professionalism, promptness, attention to detail, charisma, creativity, personality & the passion she has for what she does.

Our 350-person wedding was held at St. Michael's church & our reception was held at the Field Museum. Because we chose a venue that didn't provide catering, decor, etc., we had to work with a number of separate vendors throughout the planning process. Ashley made that extremely easy for us; she was the point-of-contact for all communication and made sure that a VERY detailed weekend schedule was circulated well before the big day so that everyone was on the same page.

Ashley then had the expansive museum set exactly as we had hoped it would be, and truly went above & beyond with the smallest of details (i.e., adjustment of professional lighting throughout the night, arrangement and re-arrangement of furniture & decor, timing of special dances, gifting, etc.) so that the night was as perfect as it could have possibly been. She was the last person out the door, and made sure that all of our gifts and personal belongings were safe in our hotel room so that we could enjoy the after-party.

Ashley also provided helpful advice throughout the planning process -- from how much to tip our vendors, to how long we should expect certain moments in the day to last, to valet company recommendations. She was available whenever we needed her, and made a point to check-in with us on a regular basis.

Choosing your wedding planner is one of the most important things you will do in the wedding planning process. If you're a Type A perfectionist like me, SQN Events is the company for you! I promise you will not be disappointed.

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Kara! We think Ashley is amazing, too! We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience and wish you and Frank all the best.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the moment we hired Beth Bernstein as our wedding planner it was clear that we had made the best and most important wedding decision. Beth brought to our planning a level of expertise that one rarely sees in wedding planning or for that matter any event planning. Beth has access to the top vendors from venues, music,videographers, flowers, hair, makeup and the list goes on. Her team flawlessly orchestrated the wedding day and made sure every detail was perfect. We were able to relax and enjoy our daughters special day.

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

This is music to my ears, Martha! Your family was such a joy to work with and Alex & Nicolas' wedding was truly magnificent in every way. Thank you for allowing me to be part of such a special celebration.

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
Martha
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Beth was great! She helped me plan my wedding in less than 7 months. She was very decisive and helped us make decisions quickly since we didn't have a ton of time. I'm very hands-on and she helped relieve a lot of the stress that I was putting on myself and my husband. Towards the end, I felt comfortable leaving every detail to her and just enjoying the 2 weeks leading up to my wedding. On the day of, everything went beautifully. Ashley assisted Beth at our wedding and she was equally as fantastic and professional. My husband and I had the best wedding day and SQN played a big role in that.

Thank you Beth!

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the kind words!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beth was (and is) amazing! Having Beth help us with our wedding was one of the best decisions I have ever made. She is 100% on top of everything, responds to all inquiries very quickly (she might not sleep), and very easy and fun to work with. We had a slight wedding emergency a few months before our event and Beth was invaluable in resolving the issue and she really went above and beyond to help us. And on the actual day of our wedding I literally did not have a single worry or concern - Beth took care of everything, which was awesome! Do yourself a favor, hire SQN for your wedding. Beth and her team are worth every penny (and then some).

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

"Slight" emergency? ;) Just kidding - so glad I was able to help. You and Peter are such a fabulous couple. Every time I think of you, I smile!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Leah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beth Bernstein and SQN Events are simply wonderful!!! I truly don't believe that anyone could have done it better!!! I felt so special from the beginning to the end. Everything was so beautiful and organized, I didn't want it to end. I would recommend her to everyone! She is an amazing person!!!

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Lori! You know that you and Mark will always hold a special place in my heart.

• Wedding: 03/17/2013
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I hired Beth Bernstein with SQN Events to provide "day-of" wedding services for our February 16, 2013 wedding. Her services started approximately 2 months prior to the wedding (on top of her answering all of my one-off questions along the way). She took over all the of the communication with my vendors, made schedules for the rehearsal and wedding day, and even attended one of my dress fittings! The wedding day went off without a hitch. Beth and her assistant Ashley made sure that every detail came together beautifully. They even made sure that all the gifts and various items ended up back in our suite at the end of the night. The wedding day was the best of my life and we couldn't have done with without Beth's hard work and dedication. The Brener's highly recommend SQN Events!!

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Stacie, I had SO much fun getting to know you & Vlad. Your wedding was so special. I just fell in love with your family. Thank you for asking me to be part of your special day! xo

• Wedding: 02/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This review is long overdue. Beth (SQN Events) and her team did an amazing job of planning and executing our wedding. She took a hazy vision of a winter wedding and turned it into a masterful reality. We could not have asked for anything more from SQN Events!

In summary, use SQN Events! You won't regret it!

SQN Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Pat! I enjoyed every second of planning with you and Kelli! Your winter wonderland wedding was as beautiful as you are as a couple. I am so glad we are staying in touch. xo, Beth

• Wedding: 12/15/2012
Patrick
773-469-6095
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards