SQN Events

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I've seen it said in other reviews and it almost feels cliche to say, but hiring Beth really was one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. I'll try to be specific so that this review isn't too redundant of all the other raves!

We had booked a lot of our major vendors for our December wedding but by mid-summer reached the point where we were about to sign contracts for a lot of money for things we didn't understand - I didn't know how to tell if a floral proposal was reasonable for my expectations or what good ways to compromise were. I didn't know how to feel about draping, and I felt like I had lost control of our budget, so we decided we could really use the help of a planner and wanted advice that went beyond day-of coordination.

Beth stood out to us among other planners we interviewed because we could tell she would be willing to take charge and handle tough situations while truly being our advocate and helping us bring our vision to life. We talked to a few planners who seemed a little too low key and one who was going to be way too much. Beth struck the perfect balance of supportive and assertive for us. (and sure enough, she was able to grab the drink out of an unruly groomsman's hand before walking down the aisle and be an incredibly positive support through the entire process)

Every one of the vendors that Beth set us up with was awesome, including some last minute plans when our original plans fell through, like our rehearsal dinner location closing a couple weeks before the wedding or a major element of the ceremony that my brother was making not getting done.

the best part though? I left my phone at the hotel on my wedding day. I didn't worry about timing for anything because I knew Beth had it under control and I was able to be totally present.

Seriously, this lady is awesome :)
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you, Sarah! You and Sam were a joy to work with and your wedding was truly special. I loved the focus on the ceremony (which I always believe is the most important aspect) and the inclusion of the Havdallah service made it truly memorable and meaningful. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your planning and special day! xo
Wedding: 12/21/2013

Wanda 1 Reviews
You only get one opportunity to make a FIRST impression. As soon as we concluded our first meeting, we knew that  Beth Bernstein of SQN would be our wedding planner. She met us on a Sunday after overseeing a large wedding the night before and a post wedding breakfast the day of our appointment. It would have been perfectly understandable had she put off our appointment due to fatigue but I liked that she didn't because it told me that Beth had the grit to do "one more thing" and remain calm and self-possessed while doing it. She had a "soft" businesslike approach: an appropriate amount of non-squealing enthusiasm for the emotional part of an engagement and wedding, perfectly balanced with a thorough pragmatism with the unromantic aspects like the budget.

The 15 months of working together did indeed reinforce our first impressions. Beth's diverse knowledge base helped us find the perfect venue and to assemble a team of people in their various fields of expertise whom she had already vetted and trusted. Beth was highly organized and disciplined, demanding the same from her vendors so time was not wasted and we maintained a certain "cadence" to the process. She had excellent rapport with her colleagues and they clearly respected and wanted to please her. During our time together, when all was not sunny, Beth did not shy away from confrontation and offered multiple ways to resolve the issue.

In summary, it is a given that Beth will produce a beautiful and romantic product - a wedding that will make you happy. But it is her solid skill set of gatekeeping, timekeeping, and decision making that will make the process enjoyable for the bride and the family. We look back on the year that we worked with Beth and can say it was a fun and exciting ride and the end result, Monica and Jack's wedding, was spectacular. Thank you, Beth
WSanders
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
I cannot tell you how much your trust and faith in me means. I feel like Monica & Jack's wedding was a true collaboration with you, Monica, and our wonderful creative partners (Hello Darling, Kenny Nakai, and of course, the Trump). Not only did we have fun, but we produced a truly one-of-a-kind wedding that made every guest's experience special and meaningful. xoxo
Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
SQN Events, and more specifically, Ashley Crawford, was the perfect wedding planner for us. We really could not have been more pleased with the services that were provided -- from beginning to end. Our wedding night went off without a hitch & was everything we had imagined (and more), which, was in large part due to Ashley's professionalism, promptness, attention to detail, charisma, creativity, personality & the passion she has for what she does.

Our 350-person wedding was held at St. Michael's church & our reception was held at the Field Museum. Because we chose a venue that didn't provide catering, decor, etc., we had to work with a number of separate vendors throughout the planning process. Ashley made that extremely easy for us; she was the point-of-contact for all communication and made sure that a VERY detailed weekend schedule was circulated well before the big day so that everyone was on the same page.

Ashley then had the expansive museum set exactly as we had hoped it would be, and truly went above & beyond with the smallest of details (i.e., adjustment of professional lighting throughout the night, arrangement and re-arrangement of furniture & decor, timing of special dances, gifting, etc.) so that the night was as perfect as it could have possibly been. She was the last person out the door, and made sure that all of our gifts and personal belongings were safe in our hotel room so that we could enjoy the after-party.

Ashley also provided helpful advice throughout the planning process -- from how much to tip our vendors, to how long we should expect certain moments in the day to last, to valet company recommendations. She was available whenever we needed her, and made a point to check-in with us on a regular basis.

Choosing your wedding planner is one of the most important things you will do in the wedding planning process. If you're a Type A perfectionist like me, SQN Events is the company for you! I promise you will not be disappointed.
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much, Kara! We think Ashley is amazing, too! We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience and wish you and Frank all the best.
Wedding: 09/14/2013

Martha 1 Reviews
From the moment we hired Beth Bernstein as our wedding planner it was clear that we had made the best and most important wedding decision. Beth brought to our planning a level of expertise that one rarely sees in wedding planning or for that matter any event planning. Beth has access to the top vendors from venues, music,videographers, flowers, hair, makeup and the list goes on. Her team flawlessly orchestrated the wedding day and made sure every detail was perfect. We were able to relax and enjoy our daughters special day.
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
This is music to my ears, Martha! Your family was such a joy to work with and Alex & Nicolas' wedding was truly magnificent in every way. Thank you for allowing me to be part of such a special celebration.
Wedding: 08/17/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Working with Beth was great! She helped me plan my wedding in less than 7 months. She was very decisive and helped us make decisions quickly since we didn't have a ton of time. I'm very hands-on and she helped relieve a lot of the stress that I was putting on myself and my husband. Towards the end, I felt comfortable leaving every detail to her and just enjoying the 2 weeks leading up to my wedding. On the day of, everything went beautifully. Ashley assisted Beth at our wedding and she was equally as fantastic and professional. My husband and I had the best wedding day and SQN played a big role in that.

Thank you Beth!
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you for the kind words!
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Leah 1 Reviews
Beth was (and is) amazing! Having Beth help us with our wedding was one of the best decisions I have ever made. She is 100% on top of everything, responds to all inquiries very quickly (she might not sleep), and very easy and fun to work with. We had a slight wedding emergency a few months before our event and Beth was invaluable in resolving the issue and she really went above and beyond to help us. And on the actual day of our wedding I literally did not have a single worry or concern - Beth took care of everything, which was awesome! Do yourself a favor, hire SQN for your wedding. Beth and her team are worth every penny (and then some).
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
"Slight" emergency? ;) Just kidding - so glad I was able to help. You and Peter are such a fabulous couple. Every time I think of you, I smile!
Wedding: 05/25/2013

Laura 1 Reviews
Beth Bernstein and SQN Events are simply wonderful!!! I truly don't believe that anyone could have done it better!!! I felt so special from the beginning to the end. Everything was so beautiful and organized, I didn't want it to end. I would recommend her to everyone! She is an amazing person!!!
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you, Lori! You know that you and Mark will always hold a special place in my heart.
Wedding: 03/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I hired Beth Bernstein with SQN Events to provide "day-of" wedding services for our February 16, 2013 wedding. Her services started approximately 2 months prior to the wedding (on top of her answering all of my one-off questions along the way). She took over all the of the communication with my vendors, made schedules for the rehearsal and wedding day, and even attended one of my dress fittings! The wedding day went off without a hitch. Beth and her assistant Ashley made sure that every detail came together beautifully. They even made sure that all the gifts and various items ended up back in our suite at the end of the night. The wedding day was the best of my life and we couldn't have done with without Beth's hard work and dedication. The Brener's highly recommend SQN Events!!
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Stacie, I had SO much fun getting to know you & Vlad. Your wedding was so special. I just fell in love with your family. Thank you for asking me to be part of your special day! xo
Wedding: 02/16/2013

Patrick 1 Reviews
This review is long overdue. Beth (SQN Events) and her team did an amazing job of planning and executing our wedding. She took a hazy vision of a winter wedding and turned it into a masterful reality. We could not have asked for anything more from SQN Events!

In summary, use SQN Events! You won't regret it!
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you, Pat! I enjoyed every second of planning with you and Kelli! Your winter wonderland wedding was as beautiful as you are as a couple. I am so glad we are staying in touch. xo, Beth
Wedding: 12/15/2012

Lindsey 1 Reviews
When my now-husband and I began planning our wedding, we knew we’d need someone to help us with the day-of execution, but we couldn’t have anticipated how invaluable it would be to have Beth and SQN Events on our team for the months leading up to the wedding!

We first met Beth when she was setting up for another wedding at Galleria Marchetti (where we held our reception) during our initial site visit. We reached out to her about 6 months later after we had done a bit more planning to help us in the important couple of months leading up to our wedding.

Before the wedding, Beth spent the time to make sure she understood our vision for the big day. She was incredibly organized, making sure we didn’t overlook any of the finer planning details, was there to share her advice and ideas on details we hadn’t yet planned, and advocated for us with our other vendors to make sure everything was executed according to our vision.

On the day of the wedding, she made sure that everything within our control ran flawlessly so my husband, our parents and I didn’t have to worry about anything. She stayed until our last guest left the reception, negotiated with our bus driver to make another trip to pick up our remaining guests, and delivered everything to our hotel the night of the wedding so we wouldn’t have to worry about it the next morning.

In short, Beth was amazing! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an incredibly talented, organized and fun to work with wedding planner!
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you, Lindsey! I am so glad we bumped into each other during your initial visit to the venue. It was meant to be!
Wedding: 10/27/2012

Anonymous 2 Reviews
Hiring Beth of Sqn Events as our wedding planner was the first and best decision I made when it came to planning my wedding. Since we were getting married in Chicago, but living in Utah- I was very nervous about the many unknowns of planning a destination wedding. Beth was very knowledgeable, and always able to answer any question. She was also very flexible and able to work around our schedule when were able to fly into town for planning. I really felt like I was her number one client.

The thing I appreciated most was her advice on which vendors to hire. We absolutely loved every vendor that she referred, especially our photographer. She completely understood our vision, and seamlessly brought that vision to life!

On the day of the wedding, Beth was able to keep everything running on schedule without making things feel stressful or rushed. I can honestly say that our wedding was everything I dreamed it would be.

Thank you, Beth, for making our wedding day magical!
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Melodie, that is the highest compliment a planner can ever receive. (That you felt like you were my only client.) I am so glad fate (well, Hilary!) introduced us and that I was able to help you and Alex achieve the wedding of your dreams. I don't think I cried more during a wedding before -- even my own! xoxo
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Erika 1 Reviews
Beth Bernstein did a phenomenal job planning our wedding. She introduced us to vendors that matched our personal style and took care of every last detail, including sending in our license. She is the utmost professional, running a tight ship with both style and grace. Most importantly she is someone you can trust!
Thank you, Erika!
Wedding: 09/29/2012

Catherine 1 Reviews
SQN helped make our wedding a very special event.
Wedding: 09/22/2012

Molly 1 Reviews
I cannot say enough great things about Beth and SQN events! I hired Beth 4 months before my wedding and I so wish I had found her sooner! Beth completely understood my vision after just one meeting and introduced me to amazing vendors who were the perfect fit and who each did an incredible job. Beth is so organized, professional and helpful in guiding you during your planning. There are so many options and decisions to be made and I completely trusted Beth with helping me. Beth and her team make you feel like you are their only client and will make sure you don't have to worry about a thing on your wedding day. For example, Beth brought lunch to the hotel for the entire bridal party( something that completely had slipped my mind!). On top of that, they brought all of our personal belongings and flower arrangments to my father's house the next day! It is obvious that Beth loves what she does and she genuinely cares about making sure your wedding is everything you want it to be. I am so glad I had Beth to guide me through planning and to have her there on our wedding day!
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Molly, reading this brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad we found each other and I was there to help you this summer and on your gorgeous wedding day. I look forward to remaining friends -- you are truly special. xoxo
Wedding: 09/15/2012

Allison 1 Reviews
I am so happy we chose to work with Beth! She made our wedding day absolutely amazing. Not only was she very responsive on all of our needs, she also calmed the situation during stressful times. She worked with our vendors to make sure everything was perfect and to our liking. I would definitely work with Beth again!
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you, Allison! I loved getting to know you, Owen, and your family during the wedding planning. Your wedding was GORGEOUS and your smile the entire day was infectious!
Wedding: 08/25/2012

Alison 2 Reviews
Beth and her team at SQN events went above and beyond in every way to make our wedding day truly perfect, and most importantly to make it a carefree, joyous celebration for everyone. Beth was on-hand for any and all last minute questions during the week leading up to our wedding, even driving over to my house on a Sunday morning to help resolve a wedding dress alterations dilemma. She was reliable, professional, and extremely capable throughout the entire planning process. On the day of our wedding, I didn't worry about a thing, knowing that Beth and her wonderful team were taking care of everything. Beth was more than just a planner, she was a caring friend and a trusted confidant. At the end of the day, we were thrilled with our choice to hire Beth, and felt that the services she provided were invaluable in making our wedding a beautiful, joyous occasion. Thank you, Beth and everyone at SQN!!!
SQN Events responded with the following comments:
Alison, you are too sweet! Zipping you into your dress is a moment I will always remember! Would love to see you when you & Tony are in town! xo
Wedding: 08/18/2012
 773-469-6095
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire