Spectrum Band

Value
Flexibility
Cindy
06/20/2015

Hiring Spectrum for my daughter’s wedding reception was one the best decisions we made. I spent a lot of time researching different bands. I finally made my decision based on feedback from the catering managers of several hotels. After exchanging a few emails with the manager, Tim, I knew we were in good hands. It was an absolute pleasure working with him during the planning stages. He was extremely responsive in terms of answering questions and replying to emails. When I realized we would need a microphone and speakers for the wedding ceremony, Tim arranged that for us, too.

I appreciated how easy it was to manage the cost thanks to the band’s different options. We opted for iPod music during the cocktail hour and dinner as a way to lower the cost. They also allow you to choose the number of musicians.

I lost track of the number of guests who told us how much they enjoyed the band. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Tim asked us in advance if we wanted to select songs or let the band make the choices based on the interest of the guests. I had complete faith in them to make the decisions and they were spot-on. Many guests said it was the best wedding reception they had ever attended and asked for the band’s business card.

As if all of that was not enough for me to sing their praises, they surprised us with recordings of the father-of-the-bride, maid of honor, and best man speeches.

Spectrum Ban exceeded our expectations and I highly recommend them!

Nancy
06/13/2015

I cannot thank Tim Callihan and his talented musicians for making my daughter Maura’s wedding so much fun and memorable! Spectrum played above and beyond our expectations. We had so many people on the dance floor from start to finish due to Spectrum’s high-quality singing and musical instrument talent! Working with Tim was a pure joy as well. He was extremely patient, flexible and responsive to all our needs. I would highly recommend Spectrum to any bride and groom! Thank you, thank you!

Jules
05/02/2015

When my daughter told me the date they selected for the wedding, the first thing I did was to search for a band. I searched for different bands in the St. Louis area and listened to many band performance and watched many videos. Once I heard Spectrum, I immediately called to see if the date was available and fortunately for me it was,

The best thing that we did for our daughter's wedding was to hire the Spectrum Band. Their performance was totally outstanding and just had our guest in amazement. Seven instruments and 2 vocalist performed an outstanding show. It was as if we attended a concert. We received so many excellent comments for our selection for the music. We also elected to go with their lighting package, which was fabulous and they were able to match the color theme of the wedding perfectly.

Outside of the outstanding music, what really impressed me was the eight months of communications between myself and the band manager Tim Callihan. The correspondence and the attention to detail was outstanding. Over the eight past months of communicating with prompt replies back-and-forth making sure that every detail was going to be covered on the day of the event. Not only did I find an excellent band for my daughter's wedding I believe I made a friend as well.

Recently Married

Spectrum band was a great addition to our wedding celebration. They played exactly what we wanted, took requests from guests and kept the dance floor full until the end of the evening. The sound technician was great. We were able to have a conversation on the dance floor and the guest were able to stay in the ballroom and celebrate the entire night. I would definitely recommend the Spectrum Band and will probably use them again. Thanks, Tim!

leslie
02/07/2015

I had seen the Spectrum Band previously at another wedding and knew that I wanted them to play my wedding as well. While I was looking over the band’s options, I also knew that I didn't have too many decorations so I definitely wanted the band’s lighting package (it was well worth it!). Tim followed up with me often to make sure everything was good and that I was getting all the information I needed, and he even checked in with me while he was on vacation (now that’s service!). As expected, the band’s performance was awesome, and EVERYONE was coming up to me telling me how great they were. It had me feeling that it was money well spent. Not only was the performance great, they were amazing with the kids. It’s impossible to express how truly impressed I was with the whole experience. I normally do not write reviews, but I felt compelled in this instance because the band exceeded my highest expectations. This is, without a doubt, the best band with the best musicians. I would name drop but everyone in the band was so awesome and so kind to me and my husband. They were truly worth every penny. If you’re looking for exceptional communication throughout your wedding process and a band that genuinely seems to care about you and your family, I highly recommend the Spectrum Band because it was a night I will never forget.

Recently Married

Spectrum was everything I wanted for my wedding day and more! Not one of my guests stopped dancing all night and I have gotten so many compliments about how wonderful they were. Not only are they great performers, but extremly easy, informative, and so helpful to work with! Tim was in constant contact and answered any questions that I had extremely quickly. He made any stress I had about the day completely disappear. I highly recommend Spectrum and can't wait to see them again for my friends wedding in September :)

Julia
11/22/2014

Spectrum did an amazing job for our wedding. I was a little nervous hiring a band without seeing them live first, but Spectrum was great!! Tim is organized and responsive with his emails - which is so nice when you are in the last few chaotic weeks before the wedding. The music was perfect - people were on the dance floor all night long. We had so many people telling us how great the band was. Highly recommend!!

Recently Married

This band is amazing. Not only was their performance great at the reception, but the owner is SO flexible & easy to work with. They even surprised me the next day by sending me audio files of all the speeches at the reception - priceless. It is a full month after my wedding and we are still receiving comments about how awesome the band was. I cannot say enough good things about this band. Highly, highly recommended. I can't wait to plan another party so I can use them again!

Services Used: Band

I've been to plenty of wedding receptions where live bands provided the entertainment, and have never experienced one better than the band I had at my own; the Spectrum Band. They MADE THE NIGHT! Still getting texts about how great the reception was because of the music!

From the very first correspondence, all the way through to now, after the fact, Tim C. answered calls/emails VERY promptly, gave explanations and suggestions, and really helped build an awesome party in whole. We had the full 9-piece + the sound engineer, who is such an added value to have on-hand. That night, Tim and Ray V. ran the show, coming to us with ideas and suggestions behind the scenes, and tailoring everything for us that night. Having a 9-piece band, a sound engineer, and two singers (male & female) was what I'd call the "total package".

My suggestion for wedding entertainment: these guys! and if you do go with Spectrum, let them do their thing. We gave them a general idea/genre we were looking for, and had them learn one song for us. Aside from that, they took that little guidance and ran with it, creating a set list that was perfect for a great party.

Recently Married

We had a great overall experience with Spectrum starting from our first contact to inquire about dates and availability. Very professional and timely responses. We ended up booking them off the internet for our son's wedding and had a great wedding event with them. The crowd was on the dance floor filling it up for nearly every song they played. The choice of music was varied and appealed to all age groups. Very good value and a great time was had by all.

Services Used: Band

I think the best and most important thing to note when reviewing Spectrum was that they had the dance floor packed until the very last song. In fact, it was still packed AFTER the music ended at the completion of our reception! That is the BEST thing for a bride and groom to see-- everyone else enjoying the evening as much as you are.
We had their pianist play during dinner and the full band throughout the rest of the reception and they did such an amazing job we had family friends decide on the spot to book them for their daughter's upcoming wedding.
Several people commented on their range of music.. from Louis Armstrong to Katy Perry they killed it all and had selections for everyone.
How do I even begin to review Tim, the band manager? Through our extremely long engagement (2 years) I inquired about and corresponded with a lot of vendors. By a mile, Tim was the easiest to work with, quickest to respond, and, despite having dozens of weddings on their docket, always seemed to remember all the details of our wedding throughout every conversation we had. There was never a single doubt in my mind that Spectrum would be at our venue, set up in time and everything would go perfectly. As I write this I realize Tim is the only vendor I never called to confirm all was in order the week of the wedding. I was so confident they'd be there and ready to roll.
Thank you, Spectrum, for being a highlight of our evening and making our wedding even more special and memorable!

Services Used: Band

I highly recommend Spectrum. They did a fantastic job and really made our reception a blast!!! We had to kick people out of the venue because almost everyone was still there until the last song was placed. Tim, the manager, is very easy to work with and he always makes time to answer any questions that you may have. They went out of there way to help my dad pull of a special performance for the father/daughter dance as well which turned out simply amazing. Going with this band, will be one of the best decision you make for your reception!!!!

Recently Married

They were simply amazing. They were professional, sounded great, and had the dancefloor full the entire night! Highly recommended!

Services Used: Band

Unbelievably fantastic! Tim C. was so great to work with, responsive to any/all questions and requests. Always willing to share his expertise on what might work best for our party! The band was so great that the dance floor was filled from beginning to end and at the end they were asking them to stay and keep playing! They were set-up and ready to go ahead of time, and I can't say enough about how great they were! We would hire them again for any function! Your music makes the event fun!

Services Used: Band

I think that a band sets the mood for the reception. Spectrum was all we hoped for and more. You know that the reception is a hit when almost everyone stays on the dance floor until the last song is played! That's what happened for our family. So many guests stopped us to say how great the band was. We all had a great time and the music was just right to allow guests to talk at tables.

Thanks to Tim and the band for everything!

Also, Tim is so organized and made everything easy....I would suggest early set-up and use the band's extra lighting at your venue. It makes it easy and affordable! Thanks again for all you did to make the wedding special.

Services Used: Band

Our daughter's wedding was last Saturday, and I couldn't have been more pleased about our band choice. A year ago, when we started searching for a good band, my daughter sent me names of 3 highly recommended bands by her friends. I researched them all but immediately knew upon hearing the music on Spectrum's website, that this was the band for us. Loved the horns and loved the choice of music they play, not to mention the singing which was phenomenal.

I can't tell you how many people asked who the band was and commented that they were the best band they had ever heard! The music definitely made the night into a fantastic party! The dance floor was always full. Even my 93 year old father (who doesn't dance) got the urge to dance due to the songs they played.

I also want to note that Tim Callahan was so attentive to our needs and quickly responded to any email requests prior to the wedding. By far, Tim was my favorite vendor used for the wedding, always assuring me that he had his job covered, and I didn't need to worry about his duties being fulfilled. He came through just like he promised.

The band was so good, that I almost wish I had another daughter so that I could hire them again for another wedding. :)